TT distrubtuion round robin really fair?

Comments

• razorback08
    razorback08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The booking system that is used in other version of Pw is much better imo for a few reasons

1. Its much more fair to DDs trying to get mats.
    2. People dont get P****** that they needed a mat and someone got it to sell
    3. Gold mats are easier to get, meaning a faction can get better gear

If someone books gold at the beginning of the run, they pay US and thats it, if it drops they get it, if it doesnt they get nothing. Take touch for example, will take 4-5 runs (average) to get one, Thats 10 US and no mats at all for 5 runs. The others in the squad will probably make more from the greens they get. But thats a lot better then having to get coins to buy the gold mat

Sure this system is flawed and some people wont get anything, but are you all really that tight as not to help your faction get items? (random squads is a bit different but id still say booking system is better)
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Honestly I think that the drop order is good as it is, with subber gets first pick. Why? simply because you wouldn't get many tanks or clerics to come if they didn't get that pick. While in honesty though it may not sound nice, DD's are a dime a dozen. They aren't hard to find, if I offend anyone by that I'm sorry but it's true. Do I think the current pick order is perfectly fair... no, but I don't really think anything you do will be that fair. imo the most fair way is to make a perma squad, have everyone say what they need for armor/weapon, and then run the TT's until everyone has the mats they need for there eq. and extra or unneeded mats can be sold to pay for subs/needed mats or then split between the group.

Honestly I also don't think it should be decided on lvl. you should also take into account the player's build/weapon. since I've been in squads where another cleric picks before me because he's a lvl higher. but he couldn't even solo heal boss's that he should be able to because he was using an unrefined tt70 while I was 1 lvl lower then him using a +5 sensoid. same should go for dd's, the better dd should pick first. I also think veno should pick after cleric in many cases, since they will often do more overall dmg then most other classes. but this is all imo.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    whats really bad is barbs think they automatically get first pick regardless of whether they tank or not.

i was farming tt 60 for my alt, using my 95 bm, tanking healing myself since everyone was scared of purcussion's aoe. come drop time, barb runs off with drops.

when asking why, he said barb always gets first pick. stupid thing was, cleric was in on it.

90+ guilds have problems making squads for tt 1-1 lol. i wonder why...
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't think there will ever be a universally accepted method for splitting drops that everyone agrees on. Just talk about it before hand with your squad and if you don't like it, leave.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ever hear of macro healing? Honestly Clerics and Archers are the two classes most likely to go AFK during HH.

Ummm what? BM with fists or claws are the best DD class.

+5 CV Claws + Demon Spark > 101 Archer +10 CV bow

I would never ever ever afk during a fight, if I afk I let the group know and only when things are calm b:angry usually when other people are afking at the same time. I'm not comfortable with macros so I don't use them. I hope you aren't assuming that all clerics do this b:angry.

As for the topic, if someone is having problems with how drops are distributed; I would hope that they would discuss the drop rules before going into the TT run. Whining about it while the drops are being distributed might make you lose out o.o
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Actually you *did* tell me how to play my class, and I wasn't flexing any muscle, I was responding to this:

You responded to

Edit : I've been to a few TTs where the bm don't HF too. I'm not saying they can't deal decent damage, but I'm quite sure HF helps more in a full squad.

with:

Ummm what? BM with fists or claws are the best DD class.

+5 CV Claws + Demon Spark > 101 Archer +10 CV bow

Tell me how this isn't an e-peen comment? The statement was "HF on a boss amps all damage by the squad, and your spark just helps *you*".

When *I* see a BM HFing, I spark, fleshream, whatever I have available that's a crit. Everyone else in the squad that has a clue does the same.

You're so l33t that no matter what the rest of us do, we can never equal the sheer massive damage that you can do yourself?

If BM's were that big, I'd be there for buffs and DD, cause the boss'd be dead in 20 seconds, by *your* mighty swing.

I try to squad with competent people, and *they* know there jobs/chars as well as I know mine. When we coordinate sparks/HF's together, we kick serious ***.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    edited February 2010
    deleted for duplicate
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • wtvdie
    edited February 2010
    so spark flesh ream + 1-2 seconds of lag, wow. u just missed that hf.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    imo the best way to split mats

i fyou are running hh with randoms is

is keep loot on random

everyone chips in for clerics mp food cost

and

everyone chips in for a bit of the barbs repair cost

if it were up to me i dont think ppl should have to even pay for barbs repair and clerics mp cost

you dont see 90+ archers asking for more drops because they need more money than say a mage to be adequate pvpers

yourse fault for picking the class

at least u get squads easily
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    **** it, best squad ever = Veno(Herc), Cleric, Powerful DD. 3 people, split 3 ways. If you're a Veno with Herc though, you could just solo. Although it would take forever....

I've been doing Veno(Herc), Cleric, Me, over and over the past few days. its worked lovely each time, never taking more than a couple hours(TT3-1), and we each profit 3-4 mil off of it.

how can it possibly take you a couple hours to 3-1? me and my gf do it ourselves in 45 minutes to 1 hour tops depending on how many kid afks happen.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As with everything else, the best way to split any drops is whatever the party agress to before the run. If you are not happy with the proposed split, you can always drop squad and make a new one.

There is no "unfair" way to destribute mats/drops, since if you finished the run, it means you agreed to the way they are splitting, therefore making it fair.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • wtvdie
    edited February 2010
    best tt 1-1 ever. 6 95s, 1 98, 1, 99, 1 100

4 ppl died. lol

run took 10 minutes.

clapping hands ftw!
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lies

10 people squad wud roll tru TT in 5-7 mins
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tell me how this isn't an e-peen comment? The statement was "HF on a boss amps all damage by the squad, and your spark just helps *you*".

When *I* see a BM HFing, I spark, fleshream, whatever I have available that's a crit. Everyone else in the squad that has a clue does the same.

It wasn't an epeen comment, it was just the truth. I'm sorry, my triple spark + cv claws = much more damage over 15 seconds than you could do with a zerk tree of perdition crit with HF.

A barb trying to play as a DD class is kinda lol. I hope you'd agree. My HF would affect maybe one or two of your attacks at most? Who is going for the e-peen zerg crit bragging rights now?

You're so l33t that no matter what the rest of us do, we can never equal the sheer massive damage that you can do yourself?

lol, butthurt barb cause you're not a DD class? That's a first.

If BM's were that big, I'd be there for buffs and DD, cause the boss'd be dead in 20 seconds, by *your* mighty swing.

I try to squad with competent people, and *they* know there jobs/chars as well as I know mine. When we coordinate sparks/HF's together, we kick serious ***.

In all honesty, your most useful skills is for the HP buff and patk buff. Any barb who thinks they can out-dd any other class is kinda funny. You're there to tank if necessary and buff.

Sorry to burst your e-peen. Learn what your role is please.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Any barb who thinks they can out-dd any other class is kinda funny

Never met Wolfgore then

1xx Demon Barb with full -int gear and lunar claws.
    It might not be a cookie cutter build but added with a Barbs HP .. damn it sure is a good one lol
    edited February 2010
    Never met Wolfgore then

1xx Demon Barb with full -int gear and lunar claws.
    It might not be a cookie cutter build but added with a Barbs HP .. damn it sure is a good one lol

Haha... wow... that would be pretty brutal indeed. Definitely not cookie cutter, and yeah, I would consider that a monster... especially with 99 gold refined and sharded well.

There aren't many times a barb really needs 26k+ HP except for TW or WB's. I think I would have to run from that one lol.
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Think of it all like this.
    NEED BEFORE GREED!
    I been on hundreds of TT's sinse i could get in to TT.
    You think by now i'd be stinking rich from TT runs.
    Wrong about 95% of all TT runs i go on i come out with nothing.
    Why? read above NEED BEFORE GREED!

The devs an powers that be need too seriously address the lack of drops in TT though. Esspecially the higher level ones.
    6 people go in an you come out with 3 mats total? Thats not good. All 6 need the mats too.
    edited February 2010
    It wasn't an epeen comment, it was just the truth. I'm sorry, my triple spark + cv claws = much more damage over 15 seconds than you could do with a zerk tree of perdition crit with HF.

Sorry to burst your e-peen. Learn what your role is please.

Son. Put it back in your pants a second, and read back a bit.

My point was that running HF of the boss would allow *all in the squad* to do more damage, together - not me.

I'm the tank. My job isn't to do damage, it's to hold it for you guys to kill it.

There are 5 other people in there with you, and 3 others trying to DD. You have two choices:

1) You run HF occasionally on the boss, allowing the other DD's to do more damage while it lasts, and amplify the damage the barb is doing to help him keep aggro.

2) You can save all your sparks for yourself, and throw 'em all at once, and try your best to kill it youself. Maybe you can steal aggro from the tank. After all, your damage is massive, so obviously you should do so, no matter what the risk. If your 100k crit steals aggro from the barb, he's obviosly FAIL, L0L. You get aggro, you can handle it. right? You're massive, and can easily tank this yourself. The rest of the squad (there's a squad here?) will thank me for it. You kill the boss 30 seconds faster than #1 above.

#1 is the player I will squad with, and continue to invite to squads again, and will do my best to make sure he gets a fair share of the drops. #2 is the player I will squad with once, and not give a **** if he gets his mats. Then I will tell everyone I see how much of an ego he has, and pass the word. #2 is not my problem anymore.

Which one do you want to be?

I can tell already.

RedMenace

\I play with others
    \\that's the reason I play *this* game, because there are other humans I like to play this game with
    \\\but that's not for everyone, I guess
    \\\\*you* can't teach me **** about my class
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    uh, why is barb more important than cleric again?b:surrender you can prolly find a substitute fro a barb, but whaat other class is gonna spam IH on youb:shocked
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    uh, why is barb more important than cleric again?b:surrender you can prolly find a substitute fro a barb, but whaat other class is gonna spam IH on youb:shocked

No-one replaces us clerics and not only IH but what about BB and Buffs, we cannot be replaced b:cool.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • BLADE_COOL - Heavens Tear
    BLADE_COOL - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol TT kinda not that fun...b:chuckle
    Im just staying cool.b:coolb:coolb:cool
    Main Char lvl 71 Barb (Axe__Man)
    Myself Blademaster lvl 63 (BLADE_COOL)
    Alt Archer lvl 30 (Archermanx)b:laugh
    all stay coolb:cool
    I HATE BEING KILLEDb:angry
    edited February 2010
    lol TT kinda not that fun...b:chuckle

Most people don't do it for the fun factor. Most do it for money to buy their gear or for the mats to make their gear.

edited February 2010
    Son. Put it back in your pants a second, and read back a bit.

Just wow... Are you freaking kidding me? You have some serious comprehension problems as well as skirting around your own previous comments and completely ignoring what I have said over and over. Good job.

Do you also fail to realize that many times I DO NOT HF is because I am usually tanking and I need my hell spark to help keep aggro? No, of course not, because you're just playing your silly troll game with me. It is quite entertaining to see you say one thing then state that you were saying another though.

I am actually BETTER than a barb tank in many circumstances. Why? Because I deal more damage and can hold aggro better, and unless you have lvl 11 true form, YOU will do more damage while in human form.

I WILL REPEAT... Please read CAREFULLY:

My use of HF or hell spark is based on what I believe will do the most damage FOR the party.

Which one do you want to be?

I'm called into party to tank FB99, FB89, Nirvana, and just about any instance you can name, every day. So think whatever you will, it's pointless to argue because it's blatantly apparent that you have trouble with your reading comprehension.
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The way we do TT split is subber gets first then tank then cleric. So if you want first picks, sub it. Simple as that. Because you also have to look at the aspect of ratio of barbs/clerics to DDs. You can easy get 3-4 DDs but not so easy to get a barb and 1-2 clerics. So you kinda gotta kiss some butt to get them to go.

I don't think my cleric got rich off doing tts. She did get her gear fast but not rich. Many times as well, if I don't need anything from the TT, I tell the squad that at the end and leave so they can't make me take stuff xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
    edited February 2010
    Do you also fail to realize that many times I DO NOT HF is because I am usually tanking and I need my hell spark to help keep aggro? No, of course not, because you're just playing your silly troll game with me.

I just went through the entire thread again, and found *one* mention of you *tanking* the boss, resopnding to someone else.

So all this gibber was you describing how to tank? Because the rest was all about how you can steal aggro from archers.

If I had know from the beginning you were describing your adventures as a one-man TT squad, I would have given you one of these b:pleased and gone on my merry way.

By the way, I *never* troll. I honestly don't like you.

Toodles!

RedMenace

\ didn't realize it was another one of those "I'm better than a barb" BM conversations
    \\figured it would degenerate into that eventually
    \\\PWI version of Godwinning a thread
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There are no "fair" ways to split mats so IMO this is what you should do.

First of all, everyone chips in for the cost of subs (everyone is even.)

Second, you either set loot to random for all and you all take you chances or you wait for PWI to introduce a /roll for the rare mats or the ones that everyone needs, which I con't believe PWI doesn't have yet.

My final advise, squad with people you know, you like and that you are happy to share the mats with. That way everyone gets what they need/want eventually.

Yes barbs have high costs, yes clerics have to take exp hit if squad wipes but let's be honest, we all know the outlays of the classes when we begin them (hence why there is a shortage of Barbs and clerics in the game.)

PWI need to reduce the costs involved (repairs for barbs, and a no exp loss on death buff for clerics) to make these classes more appealing to play.

I have tried both Barb and Cleric and appreciate that these are both coins sinks but other classes shouldn't suffer based on the decision others make to play the tough classes. I rolled a veno for that exact reason so everyone has the same option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
    edited February 2010
    Its based purely on the amount it costs for classes to do a TT.

Barbs - Have high repair bills.
    Clerics - Charm or Event Pots are needed + loss of xp if only cleric unless u use GS.
    Veno - Needs.....
    BM - Needs a few pots.
    Archer - Needs pots and **** loads of bolts.
    Wizard - Needs charm or pots.

so if i was to do it on costs it should be....

Subber > Cleric > Tank > Wizard/Archer > BM > Veno

Barb repair bill isnt as much as a charm and clerics need to spam heal, bb or rb depending on the boss.

Before PW went stupid the order was fair and correct of costs...

Subber > Tank > Cleric > DDs

• Estuary - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Barb repair bill isnt as much as a charm and clerics need to spam heal, bb or rb depending on the boss.

Or depending on the squad.

Oh and your faction name makes me hungry for some reason b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you're going to sit around basing share order on who pays what then the share order would never stay the same because some people will spend different amounts.

For example, some clerics will only buy MP food and manage the whole run on that. Other clerics use a mixture of charm ticks and MP pots/food. Other clerics will be purposefully lazy and let their charm tick into the blue oblivion so that they can claim they waste all that charm and all that money on the charm in the TT run. But my earlier point still stands: no matter how much a cleric pays for a TT run... you will never pay two million coins or more. If you are spending two million coins on a TT run - every TT run that is - you're doing something wrong. Very, very wrong. At most, you are worth a mid mat that is, at most, worth about 500k.

The same works for every single other class. Barb and cleric costs do not amount to mats worth two million coins. Archer costs do not amount to two million coins either. Nor do a wizard's. Or veno's. Or BMs. Or psychic's or assassin's. Nobody in a TT squad is "worth" a two million coin mat just because of their costs and if that is the argument that is used to justify share order it is a **** poor one.

Apparently each server has branched off when it comes to what a subber will pay, so you need to keep this in mind before you run around posting. Remember, you HT folks, you cannot tell somebody in Dreamweaver to just sub it and get first pick because on Dreamweaver subbers only get paid back in mirages. You really need to remember that before leaving simple answers like "sub it if you want first pick" because we aren't all on your server, k?

Running with friends and faction members is the best way you can try to guarantee yourself getting a mat you need if you are a DD. And even then, if you end up with just one or two random people in your squad, if they are a cleric or barb you are suddenly stuck with share order because they refuse to do a run where people get mats they need and unneeded mats are sold with the resulting money split.

TT is a joke the instant a random barb or cleric comes into the squad and refuses to do anything besides share order. (As many do.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Nobody in a TT squad is "worth" a two million coin mat just because of their costs and if that is the argument that is used to justify share order it is a **** poor one.

Apparently each server has branched off when it comes to what a subber will pay, so you need to keep this in mind before you run around posting. Remember, you HT folks, you cannot tell somebody in Dreamweaver to just sub it and get first pick because on Dreamweaver subbers only get paid back in mirages. You really need to remember that before leaving simple answers like "sub it if you want first pick" because we aren't all on your server, k?

No one is worth getting a gold mat. I have given out a couple of gold mats to avoid drama because the tank suddenly turned pre-madonna and pouty. And it was the same tank both times. Only ran with him twice too... But, the best way to handle that gold mat is give it to someone to sell, who then sells it and splits the coin once sold. But this means you have to trust the people in your group and sometimes you do get screwed. But this also brings back, run with your faction.

You know, honestly I don't look at what server each person is from most the time. So no, I can't say that to someone on DW. But maybe this means that people on DW should look at how they do split everything up. Because celestones get split in the end and everyone is given the same amount.

Plus, what is the cost of a sub on DW and the cost of a celestone? Is it making subbing it worth it or fair?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]