Sale for Haiti ?

Egaenil - Heavens Tear
Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
b:cute hi guys i just thought PWI should have a special sale for people of Haiti, i know PWI got their bottom line too, so i'm not asking them to donate 100% but maybe 10 or 20 % of the profit from the sale can go into red cross for people of Haiti.

b:thanks wat do u guys think, i would charge $50 b:chuckle hope u guys support me if this goes ahead
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
Post edited by Egaenil - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You do realize Perfect World Entertainment is a Chinese company?
    Just saying b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You do realize that Perfect World Entertainment is an American company?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think this is a really great idea. People are dying over there and they need our help, and I think it would be really nice and really good for Perfect World International to make a donation.

I know that I'd spend more.

Oh and to everyone who doesn't like the idea, your crazy. They're real people, and they really need our help, now more than ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You do realize Perfect World Entertainment is a Chinese company?
    Just saying b:avoid

128766051307909315.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's a nice idea.

But when PWE doesn't truly care for it's player base besides how much money goes into their pockets, do you honestly think they care about people half way across the world, regardless of circumstances?

This is hopeful at best, but it's never going to happen. Ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree, it's a great idea!

For this, I would charge more Gold knowing that it will benefit others who are in need. Besides, it would be a nice gesture from the PWE company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
    edited January 2010
    I agree, it's a great idea!

For this, I would charge more Gold knowing that it will benefit others who are in need. Besides, it would be a nice gesture from the PWE company.

Those two things are the major reason why it might work out for PWE. I know a lot of people would probably spend more money knowing that it would help people in Haiti (and I know I DEFINETLY would spend some)... And yeah it is a nice gesture, makes PWE looks noble and kind. Its good for their reputation and even after, I'd probably be more inclined to spend money, just cuz they seem nice.

I really hope they work this out somehow....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2010
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I wouldnt contribute. And I dont think PWE has any right to involve political or humanitarian causes in its business.

You start a donation for one cause, and it opens the floodgates to other causes. Next thing you know, this is a fckn charity, not a fantasy MMO.

You do realize a majority of people who play this game are trying to GET AWAY from every day hardships, stress and responsibilities right?

If you wanna donate something, go do it somewhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miharu - Raging Tide
    Miharu - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Or better yet give the people in Haiti coral packs and have them hope they get a HP charm.
    edited January 2010
    Or better yet give the people in Haiti coral packs and have them hope they get a HP charm.

I know it sounds bad but that made me lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I know it sounds bad but that made me lol.

+1

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This for starters is in the wrong forum and secondly others agencies are looking out after that as you can donate to the red cross yourself or if your bank is taking donations.You can not expect a PWI to donate when all their funding comes from zen sales maybe they can shut down a server to save some money.

They can like yourselves can donate through other charitable organizations.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I wouldnt contribute. And I dont think PWE has any right to involve political or humanitarian causes in its business.

You start a donation for one cause, and it opens the floodgates to other causes. Next thing you know, this is a fckn charity, not a fantasy MMO.

You do realize a majority of people who play this game are trying to GET AWAY from every day hardships, stress and responsibilities right?

If you wanna donate something, go do it somewhere else.

Ah! The slippery slope fallacy! You are a clever one, aren't you?

You do realize that not only would this be good for their business in terms of increasing sales, but also would draw attention to them making more people aware of the game and probably play it? I don't think most of the people on here are trying to get away from hardships. I don't need to play a game to get away from that. I play this game because I enjoy it, and I'm sure most other people do the same.

You're argument works even less because Bungie held the Halo for Haiti event, and it worked out great. Many people participated in it because they care about the sufferings of others. Even RoosterTeeth is doing a donation, and they are a business too.

Back to the main topic, I would fully support this. Hell, I would even buy some zen, and I haven't spent a dime on this game.

Edit: Fishy, don't worry, I laughed too.
    edited January 2010
    Ah! The slippery slope fallacy! You are a clever one, aren't you?

You do realize that not only would this be good for their business in terms of increasing sales, but also would draw attention to them making more people aware of the game and probably play it? I don't think most of the people on here are trying to get away from hardships. I don't need to play a game to get away from that. I play this game because I enjoy it, and I'm sure most other people do the same.

You're argument works even less because Bungie held the Halo for Haiti event, and it worked out great. Many people participated in it because they care about the sufferings of others. Even RoosterTeeth is doing a donation, and they are a business too.

Back to the main topic, I would fully support this. Hell, I would even buy some zen, and I haven't spent a dime on this game.

Edit: Fishy, don't worry, I laughed too.

First of all.... yay people think I have a heart and laughed with me xD

But yeah this is the main reason why it would work. Its good for reputation, advertising, and it probably would get a few more people spending. There's clear and direct real-life examples of why it would work.

Good for buisness, plus you're doing something good for the world. imho thats killing 2 birds with 1 stone

**Why do people even say killing 2 birds with 1 stone? It just sounds mean... poor birds b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Okish idea but wouldnt make me charge extra zen just to help the people of another country.

I would rather donate my money to help the children in my own country first, such as to the NSPCC.
  • RaDeSK - Sanctuary
    RaDeSK - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010

... Perfect World INTERNATIONAL is an NORTH American company... Perfect World Entertainment is not...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_Perfect_World
    http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/index.html

@topic:
    hum, I think that if you care that much you should donate to red cross, since I can't check if my money will get there, so much corruption in my country...
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Okish idea but wouldnt make me charge extra zen just to help the people of another country.

I would rather donate my money to help the children in my own country first, such as to the NSPCC.

Here's the difference though, we have a program like that in our country. Haiti doesn't have a "National Hurricane Disaster Charity" within it's own country. Part of the reason why we should donate to them is because if we do not help the other countries of the world, will anyone come to our aid when we need it? Besides, why not just do both? You can donate money to NSPCC, then buy more zen for the Haiti donation.
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    so you would charge more if the game donates to a charity cause? doesn't that make you guys sound like **** bags? like if you really wanted to contribute, why don't you just donate directly? oh wait no...you want all the zen that you charge to be for your gold but you want the game to donate their profits so you feel better about charging. you people are sick.

i don't care if PWE ends up doing it, it doesn't make this any less sick.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    People that are seriously concerned about this should donate money anyway. Regardless of whether they get some pixels in return for their donation or not. I know I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ... Perfect World INTERNATIONAL is an NORTH American company... Perfect World Entertainment is not...

Perfect World International is NOT a company. It is the version of the game. This version of the game is owned by "Perfect World Entertainment" scroll down to the bottom of the page. The updates/patches/fixes that Perfect World (the game) receives is from the real Chinese company; "Beijing Perfect World". Therefore, the company that recieves our cash when we charge zen goes directly to "Perfect World Entertainment", an American company, which then probably pays royalties/whatever fees to China.

Even though Perfect World Entertainment is a subsidiary of Perfect World Co. Ltd, Perfect World Entertainment is the company who provides us with cash shop based event/sales. They set the prices and **** about where the cash is going.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    so you would charge more if the game donates to a charity cause? doesn't that make you guys sound like **** bags? like if you really wanted to contribute, why don't you just donate directly? oh wait no...you want all the zen that you charge to be for your gold but you want the game to donate their profits so you feel better about charging. you people are sick.

as harsh as you put it, I agree.

This isnt the proper channel to donate through. You really care about those people? Donate through some of the thousands of charities that are accepting donations. Dont bring it here pls.

And also, this is in the wrong forum. Off topic discussion pls. Where is a mod when you need one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited January 2010

@topic:
    hum, I think that if you care that much you should donate to red cross, since I can't check if my money will get there, so much corruption in my country...

Read it again.

"Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Perfect World Co. Ltd., was established in the U.S."

Perfect World Co. Ltd is the Chinese parent company. Perfect World Entertainment is in the U.S.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    as harsh as you put it, I agree.

This isnt the proper channel to donate through. You really care about those people? Donate through some of the thousands of charities that are accepting donations. Dont bring it here pls.

And also, this is in the wrong forum. Off topic discussion pls. Where is a mod when you need one?

True, but I personally have been donating through my college to the Haiti cause. I'm sure many people have. However, you are right in that some people do just want something in return. However, who care's how money gets there as long as it does. By not having this, you deny the people of Haiti some money to help them because people won't donate unless they get something in return. Why not just have it for a month, and then people in Haiti get more money than they would not having it.

I really have yet to see a definite reason of why this shouldn't be done. There is only good reasons for doing it so far.
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    128766051307909315.jpg

@topic:

128766051307909315.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    True, but I personally have been donating through my college to the Haiti cause. I'm sure many people have. However, you are right in that some people do just want something in return. However, who care's how money gets there as long as it does. By not having this, you deny the people of Haiti some money to help them because people won't donate unless they get something in return. Why not just have it for a month, and then people in Haiti get more money than they would not having it.

I really have yet to see a definite reason of why this shouldn't be done. There is only good reasons for doing it so far.

This. The Haitians don't care whether or not the money was given out of greed, for something in return, or out of the goodness of our hearts. They don't care if we got a virtual mount in return for the money. They don't care if the money was just a byproduct of us charging gold, or if we would have donated if this avenue hadn't been pursued. They only care if they get money. It would be great if everyone donated money to Red Cross, but the fact is, some don't or won't unless something like this is implemented. It's just another way to get money to people that need it.

As far as section, this is in the wrong section, but it belongs in Suggestions, not Off Topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ]logo-PW02.gif

yep....seems like we be part of PWE.
    b:chuckle
    Copyright 2010. Perfect World Entertainment Inc, All Rights Reserved.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010

The thing is though the way the OP's post is put the only people donating would be PWI, which they might already have done so for all we know.

A "Zen sale for Haiti" means nothing since only the company is donating not any player, who is still getting his full amount of gold for $ charged.
    If people want to donate THEMSELVES and not expect PWI or others to do it for them, there are plenty of other charities out there.

OR

Player X charges zen and only gets 80% of it in gold, the rest of the $ goes to Haiti. Now lets see how many charge
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:shocked wow ppl got so heated, and yes i already donated $200, but i just thought it would be a good idea that for those ppl that normally dont care to donate and so consumed inside pwi, here is a chance for you to donate. i just thought, if you gona spent money on pwi, might as well spare a bit to those poor ppl, or should i set up a direct link to red cross :( so u guys all happy

k maybe here is another idea, how about as pwi player we set donation fund, so we donate under one name say "pwi-player" or "egaenil" hehehhee, and we hope(want) pwi can match our donation.

b:surrender im just care bear :P b:cry dont kill me

and i know it should go into suggestion, but tbh how many ppl will answear the call, if i post this in there, half the ppl posted here wont, plz mod dont move this plz XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was talking to someone about this, and to satisfy all the people that are upset about the idea, how about something like this:

A new Cash Shop item is introduced for a limited time, say, a shirt that says "Haiti" or something simple like that. Half of the money used to buy this particular item is donated to a Haitian relief fund, and half goes to PW. The item would be affordable, maybe 2 gold. This would make the players happy by being an item they can buy to help Haiti (plus a nice little souvenir), PW would get more money and good PR from it, and the Haitians would get more help. Everyone wins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
This discussion has been closed.