Gold PRICE CRASH

Options

Comments

• DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    u get mold every run? lucky u... theres still lots of molds i cant find in sale....n last mold i droped was when i did fb69 dark shinguards of hedes which still cant sell Q_Q b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ಠ_ಠೊ

No.

b:surrender........QQ
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    swgs wrote: »
    and BH is a pure coins outflow even you get a mold drop every run

Wrong, BH is a pure coin exchange from one player to another. No coins whatsoever are leaving the player economic system. For deflation to occur, there would need to be an actual coin sink (paying coin to NPCs, thus removing it from circulation.) Even if mold drops, thats again coin circulation from another player to you, no coins added to the system.

The truth is it is strictly Anni Packs. People could buy 100 Anni Packs at 500k each, & make more money from those 100 packs then they paid. They kept repeating the cycle, so there was an endless supply of people willing to pay that much for gold, simply because what they were getting still made money. No other item on the entire boutique granted something worth greater then 500k value, but some people needed things none-the-less and were forced to pay. Now that there isnt an endless cycle of people willing to buy 500k gold, the price goes down.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This game isn't complicated.

Be a Veno.
    Get a Nix.
    Set all hotkeys to Stun and Flesh Ream.
    Faceroll keyboard.
    Type DESU.
    MOAR Faceroll.
    MOAR DESU.
    MOAR Rickrol--Faceroll.
    ????
    PROFIT!

As much as I respect you... That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say...

Because the ???? should really be "Roll a better class."
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Anni packs are not the only reason for the gold price to go down. I personally believe we are going into a deflection period. in order to support high gold price, there has to be enough in game currency (coins). those coins from grinding, quest rewards, and other rewards. with new BH system, I hardly see any one has time to grind, and BH is a pure coins outflow even you get a mold drop every run, I usually need to spend 2 hours to do my BH and another hour to do my WQ, I have not been able to have time to grind for a long time, but at same time, I need to buy mats, spend coins on CS and such, I am eating up coins I saved before. I stopped buying anything not essential, this in turn will make other players much harder to make money from doing business and HH/Mold/Book farming.

mold drops decrease the value of coin

example

economy A
    1000 coins, 2 molds

economy B
    1000 coins, 1 mold

it is highely likely i larger sum of coins will be paid in economy B to purchase the mold thereby reducing the value of coin

but mld drops do not change the amount of coin in the economy so therefore the price of gold should remain the same

however we must take into account that the increased amount of molds will reduce the need to buy gold thereby reducing demand and cauing a drop in prices

so i think
    increased mold drops should reduce the price of gold
    Wrong, BH is a pure coin exchange from one player to another. No coins whatsoever are leaving the player economic system. For deflation to occur, there would need to be an actual coin sink (paying coin to NPCs, thus removing it from circulation.) Even if mold drops, thats again coin circulation from another player to you, no coins added to the system.

The truth is it is strictly Anni Packs. People could buy 100 Anni Packs at 500k each, & make more money from those 100 packs then they paid. They kept repeating the cycle, so there was an endless supply of people willing to pay that much for gold, simply because what they were getting still made money. No other item on the entire boutique granted something worth greater then 500k value, but some people needed things none-the-less and were forced to pay. Now that there isnt an endless cycle of people willing to buy 500k gold, the price goes down.

they should make it so that wines are bought from NPC with coin instead of with mats

this would drain the economy of coin

but honestly it is kind of difficult to keep an in game economy under control

in real life things lik weapons and armor would break and need constant replacing

repair costs in the game cant replicate this effect

they should increase repair costs etc

genies should be able to be bought from NPC with coin

there is no where near enough ways to drain coin
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hi magik, can you please try editing your previous posts to avoid double posting in the future? I did it for you this time. b:victory
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I sure hope not!!
    b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    they should make it so that wines are bought from NPC with coin instead of with mats
    no never please

in real life things lik weapons and armor would break and need constant replacing

are u kidding me?
    wtf
    lol <_< my thought s on red
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wesleyleung - Heavens Tear
    Wesleyleung - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ............... lol. anni packs control the gold prices didnt u know! b:shutup
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

example

economy A
    1000 coins, 2 molds

economy B
    1000 coins, 1 mold

it is highely likely i larger sum of coins will be paid in economy B to purchase the mold thereby reducing the value of coin

but mld drops do not change the amount of coin in the economy so therefore the price of gold should remain the same

however we must take into account that the increased amount of molds will reduce the need to buy gold thereby reducing demand and cauing a drop in prices

so i think

You don't need gold to buy molds....
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You don't need gold to buy molds....
    but you can

get token from packs

then get chips

then buy molds
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

example

economy A
    1000 coins, 2 molds

economy B
    1000 coins, 1 mold

so i think

I don't think having more molds drops changes the value of coin drops. It's only that the mold is worth less. Even if you get the mold you still have to refine it and socket it so that increases demand for gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Anni packs are not the only reason for the gold price to go down. I personally believe we are going into a deflection period. in order to support high gold price, there has to be enough in game currency (coins). those coins from grinding, quest rewards, and other rewards. with new BH system, I hardly see any one has time to grind, and BH is a pure coins outflow even you get a mold drop every run, I usually need to spend 2 hours to do my BH and another hour to do my WQ, I have not been able to have time to grind for a long time, but at same time, I need to buy mats, spend coins on CS and such, I am eating up coins I saved before. I stopped buying anything not essential, this in turn will make other players much harder to make money from doing business and HH/Mold/Book farming.

thats a stupid explanation. your just lazy. you dont have to grind to make money. you can farm mats you know

let me just add in something since were talking about economy. i think this games economy is great! since gold prices are low and everything. in another game i played...there was a monopoly. one guild of about 100 people camped the boss all day long and bcuz of that they controlled all the end game gear, legends, ect. and prices for that kinda stuff were sky high, like 100mil. lol so be happy its not like my old game.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As much as I respect you... That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say...

Because the ???? should really be "Roll a better class."

You don't get the meme. You fail. Please exit the thread to your left...

...no, your OTHER left!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You don't get the meme. You fail. Please exit the thread to your left...

...no, your OTHER left!

Oh, I get the meme quite well. I've just got a math/programmer's brain. I see something like that, and my brain goes "Solve for ????".b:chuckle
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Whats the current price of gold i used to sell for 440k per piece but haveonly been able to sell for around 200-300k . Anyone have any ideas why itsgoing so low
    You don't remember when...

...you...

... o_________o

WELP. That's it. There goes my faith in humanity. @_@

Seriously, we have people who don't remember a time when gold prices were SANE? -_____-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm still waiting for gold to drop to 100k... so i can buy a 20mil nix/herc like all you oldies.
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Whats the current price of gold i used to sell for 440k per piece but haveonly been able to sell for around 200-300k . Anyone have any ideas why itsgoing so low

HEAVENS TEAR SERVER

His join's date on the forum is this month. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is simply a new player making coins by selling gold.
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    my friend got her neon purgatory from the anni packs.
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Oh, I get the meme quite well. I've just got a math/programmer's brain. I see something like that, and my brain goes "Solve for ????".b:chuckle

Oh...

...fine. I'll let you stay here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

ummm... a deflation period due to lack of in game coin??

Just because you choose to spend all your time running daily quests and spending coins instead of accumulating them does not mean that some of the more entrepreneurial players are making any less than they used to.... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ummm... a deflation period due to lack of in game coin??

Just because you choose to spend all your time running daily quests and spending coins instead of accumulating them does not mean that some of the more entrepreneurial players are making any less than they used to.... b:bye

The more entrepreneurial players make up a small subset of the player population. The poster to whom you are responding is speaking on a whole server perspective. A lot of coins used to come from grinding, when you consider the thousands of players that used to grind. Now with all these BHs, a lot of players are no longer grinding, and making less coin than before.

This was not intended to say that you should not do BH nor that any particular individual person, such as yourself, is making less coin. The poster is stating that, on average, there are less coins entering the economy b/c players, in general, are spending less time grinding.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    $10 says price perk back up after maint with some secret sale
    edited January 2010
    Options
    $10 says price perk back up after maint with some secret sale

b:beatupb:irritated Don't give them any ideas!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol funny how the gold view changes depending on when u start the game. For some its a CRASH, for others, its called gold dropping back to NORMAL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:beatupb:irritated Don't give them any ideas!

you can feel the build up tho :P
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To keep it simple -->

The current sale is not worthy enough for the Gold prices to remain high.

Wait for it -->

Any type of Orb, Charm, New Pack or highly "wanted" items will raise the Gold Prices again.

/endthread

Ps --> Some of the comments in this thread made me lol irl b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you can feel the build up tho :P

b:quietShhh! Dont let THEM see you say that. b:avoid
  • Annabella - Heavens Tear
    Annabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    but you can

get token from packs

then get chips

then buy molds

Ummm... wait, don't molds from exchanging chips cost coin? Except for dice tickets for some reason. b:chuckle
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    <facepalm> gee you guys take a little thing & blow it WAY out of proportion

Appropriate answer to the OP is:

The gold market fluctuates based on many factors therefore you should keep up with current events in the game to know what those factors are.

You guys need to learn to stay on topic. The anni pack debate thread is that way ========>
This discussion has been closed.