beastboyisbeast's Ultimate Phsychic Guide

Options

Comments

• Draigonal - Raging Tide
    Draigonal - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Note: This guide is not complete and probably never will be- a work in progress.

If you are not prepared to get to at least 60+, the Psychic is not for you. Save the hassle, play something else like a BM or WB.

The Psychic is a class of many debuffs and high hitting spells sort of like a Wizard.

Yes I know i spelled Psychic wrong. If a mod would swing by and change that please.

Acronyms:
    In this guide I use several Acronyms that may not be known to new characters, here they are

PvE- Player versus Environment (Monsters)
    PvP- Player versus Player
    EA- Elf Archer
    BM- Blade Master
    WB- Were Beast otherwise known as Barbarian.

Pros & Cons:

Pros: High damage Nukes can easily take out most monsters without them reaching you. Not much of a need of HP potions or charms due to having not being hit most of the time. Great for early PvE. From my experience I have been wanted in parties for Vengeance and Silence. (other people tell me Psychics are not wanted in party,although I do not believe this is true) Also I have been wanted by some of my friends in PvP parties for my AoE debuffs and bleeds.

Cons: Very low survivability and HP at low and mid levels. But can be fixed with stones. Low HP regeneration. Consumes MP Potions at a fast and large amount. Will run out of MP after a couple of monsters.

Builds:

Pure INT: This the most common build which goes like 1 STR and 9 MAG every 2 levels. 5 MAG every odd level and 4MAG 1 STR every even level. You would use arcane robes for this build. You will hit high damage but have low survivability. This can be fixed with HP stones. This build also uses a physical belt and/ or necklace to make up for lost defense.

Light Armour: A lot more survivability then the Pure INT build but at a cost of reduced magic attack. another plus of this build is there is extra Critical Rate from the DEX required to wear light armour. Will give more survivability at early levels. This build also helps with TW and PvP from the added physical defense.

VIT Build: This build will give your Psychic a little extra HP and physical defense, but I don't recommend it because the lack of HP can be made up with stones. You would use arcane robes for this build and socket them with HP stones.

Heavy Build: This build has high survivability but I don't recommend it to anyone because I have seen no one become successful with this build.

Melee Build: Who suggested this to me?

PvE Guide:

1-30: Most of these levels will fly by with quests.

30-39: More quests and the repeatable quest Crazy Stone, a quest that gives good exp, some spirit, this you should do every day.

40-59: Lots and lots of grinding, you will have to get used to it. Try flying monsters and water monsters because they give 1.5 X exp.

60-90+: I have not gotten to this point so I don't have anything on this.

PvP Guide:

1-30: You can't PvP at this level, only duel.

31-59: I don't recommend it but you can try, I suggest you stick to leveling up.

60-90+:

This implied that you always have Soul of Stunning, Soul of Retaliation, and Soulburn on your enemy to make the kill faster.

Physical Classes:

Blade Master: This class has low magic defense so all you need is to get Diminished Vigor to stop their charm and potions and nuke away. They might activate Magic Marrow which increases M. Def but it won't be a big problem.

Barbarian: Generally the same as a BM but with a big chunk more of HP just Diminished Vigor and nuke away.

Archer: This is the ranged psychical class, which will be a little more problematic because they can be farther than your spell range with Winged Blessing. Just Diminshed Vigor again and nuke away. The Soul of Stunning will stop them from releasing all of there instant cast skills.

Assassin: I have not found a way to fight these. Though their tactics is to hide make you bleed and hide again. You could try your luck and right away do an AoE, which does bring out an Assassin from the hiding status.

Magical Classes:

Wizard: The question of eternity. This is a hard hitting class with medium channel time. You should Diminished Vigor like you do on all classes, Disturbed Soul to slow their casts even more and hope they don't critical hit you.

Cleric: Easy. Just Diminshed Vigor, Disturb Soul for their instant heals and nuke away.

Psychics: It will be pretty evenly matched. Both of you will be stunned back and forth, so I suggest Diminished Vigor, Disturb Soul to slow them down at nuke away. this is probably the tactic another Psychic would have.

Venomancer: This is a hard topic because of the amazing versatility of Venomancers. Going to edit this later.

Venomancers can have the pets slowed first, and then attack them, or strait nuke the pet, and curse the Veno till you can handle them. At the higher level the Psyck can heal 3 ways anyways, plus have 2 mana regens.
  • beastboyisbeast
    beastboyisbeast Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    GM In put please b:sad
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If anyone finds anything that's wrong or something to add please PM me!
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It have a bit of everything but in depth at nothing. Your pvp tactic is for wizard or archer, not psychic.
    60-90+: I have not gotten to this point so I don't have anything on this.
    fix that, a guide which written by someone who said to not reach 60 wouldn't experience gameplay PvE and PvP with those 79+ or 95+ => not credible.
    ---
    my 2 cents
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Added some demon and sage skills and level 79 and 100 skills.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have added all the Demon and Sage skills.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You have sage and demon tide spirit backwards. The Sage version is the one with the increased zero-channel time. Demon gets the crit rate.
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ryukage wrote: »
    You have sage and demon tide spirit backwards. The Sage version is the one with the increased zero-channel time. Demon gets the crit rate.

Thankyou and fixed.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryukage
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Btw, the thing about Sage Psy leaning moe toward PvE isn't really true. Don't worry though, I intend to write a detailed guide of the differences and tactics of both paths in the near future. Both of them will have success in PvP and PvE when used corectly.
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Generally the Sage spell masteries for Wizards and Psychics increases overall damage which is useful for PvP and PvE. But the crit chance helps a lot more, because as you know a crit is 2X damage. Unless you have godly gear Demon is usually better for PvP.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryukage
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Generally the Sage spell masteries for Wizards and Psychics increases overall damage which is useful for PvP and PvE. But the crit chance helps a lot more, because as you know a crit is 2X damage. Unless you have godly gear Demon is usually better for PvP.

No offense beastboy, but you've officially passed the point where you actually know what you're talking about. 1% Crit doesn't help "a lot" more. That just means out of every 100 attacks you perform, you statistically crit a whole one more time. Problem is, Demon offers little to no survival improvement to a Psychic, nor does it offer any noticeable chi benefit. Those two factors are major weaknesses of the Psychic class in higher level play. (Can't be in White Voodoo forever).

If you plan to do GROUP fights and TW often, Sage is superior by miles. Sparking (and living to tell about it) is important to us to give us better DPH, and Sage will always be able to spark and perform ultimates more often for Psychics. Because of this factor, among others, Sage has a lead over Demon for the Psychic class even in PvP.

Keep in mind, we're not talking about the generic PvP rules that the other classes follow. Our in-class chi gain is too low for demon to be the better pvp choice. We're not like sins and BMs. Aside from that, consider how little the demon triple spark's channel bonus does to a class like ours. Low channel and high cast. That 25% channel doesn't do much for most of our arsenal. I'd rather be taking 25% less damage and actually live to the end of my triple.

And you can't tell me that 10 second Psy Will and 10 second Soulburn aren't powerful in PvP... I could go on and on about this subject.

Edit: Don't misunderstand me though, because I never said Demon wasn't good for what it does. for short term burst damage, Demon Psychic definitely wins that category by a noticeable amount. The issue is that Sage Psychic walks away with the award for almost all the other categories of play. There's a lot more to high level PvP than just your burst damage potential. The frequency of your bursts matters too, and Sage wins that. Ensuring survival between burst attempts matters too, and Sage wins that. The strength of your soulforce matters for our class, and Sage has a slight lead in the efficiency of most soulforce skills.
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ryukage wrote: »
    No offense beastboy, but you've officially passed the point where you actually know what you're talking about. 1% Crit doesn't help "a lot" more. That just means out of every 100 attacks you perform, you statistically crit a whole one more time. Problem is, Demon offers little to no survival improvement to a Psychic, nor does it offer any noticeable chi benefit. Those two factors are major weaknesses of the Psychic class in higher level play. (Can't be in White Voodoo forever).

If you plan to do GROUP fights and TW often, Sage is superior by miles. Sparking (and living to tell about it) is important to us to give us better DPH, and Sage will always be able to spark and perform ultimates more often for Psychics. Because of this factor, among others, Sage has a lead over Demon for the Psychic class even in PvP.

Keep in mind, we're not talking about the generic PvP rules that the other classes follow. Our in-class chi gain is too low for demon to be the better pvp choice. We're not like sins and BMs. Aside from that, consider how little the demon triple spark's channel bonus does to a class like ours. Low channel and high cast. That 25% channel doesn't do much for most of our arsenal. I'd rather be taking 25% less damage and actually live to the end of my triple.

And you can't tell me that 10 second Psy Will and 10 second Soulburn aren't powerful in PvP... I could go on and on about this subject.

Edit: Don't misunderstand me though, because I never said Demon wasn't good for what it does. for short term burst damage, Demon Psychic definitely wins that category by a noticeable amount. The issue is that Sage Psychic walks away with the award for almost all the other categories of play. There's a lot more to high level PvP than just your burst damage potential. The frequency of your bursts matters too, and Sage wins that. Ensuring survival between burst attempts matters too, and Sage wins that. The strength of your soulforce matters for our class, and Sage has a slight lead in the efficiency of most soulforce skills.

I've actualy reconsidered this. I see that Sage is alot better in most ways. The 1% crit doesn't do much but its helpful and the 10 second psy will and soulburn are pretty powerful. It is also true that you ned some surviavability in the mix so that you don't get 1 shotted. I just look at it as kill them before they kill you, beacause even with 25% damage reduction us squishy Psychics would get killed.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Good job necroing your own thread. b:bye

It's a light necro, but a necro nonetheless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Kings_man - Raging Tide
    Kings_man - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have a lvl55 psy, and am using a vit/dex hybrid, although id probably take out the dex with a reset (mobs dont live long enough for the extra crit to be worth the stats!)
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i just love how when it comes to talks about wiz vs psy battles wiz always think they can win fights with the sutra argument. i may be only 67 but iv beaten 8x wiz on my psychic its not real hard if your smar, then again iv played a wiz untill tideborn released so i know alot of there skills and stuff to counter.

as for the guide its an alright one not that i need it. i just used pure build and lvled the skills in ways i thought were more useful b:victory
  • XChemical - Heavens Tear
    XChemical - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This is a good guide gives you detail about build type and what stat to add this guide should be sticky and stuff that the other sticky guide does noe have
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    beacause even with 25% damage reduction us squishy Psychics would get killed

You trollin b:surprised
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *facepalm* Isn't there already a Psychic guide? TBH, I trust Hypnos's a lot more than this'n.
  • Zeenort - Harshlands
    Zeenort - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol white and black voodo lasts for 15 mins not 1 min b:surrender
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

when the tideborns first came out BV/WV didnt last 15min; I dont remember exactly how long but I think it was 1min or so. yes, it was awefulb:chuckle
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited October 2010
    Options

Thanks I'll change that.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunna_Tune - Raging Tide
    Lunna_Tune - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    very nice guide helped alot thanks
  • AHKX - Lost City
    AHKX - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Decided to try new character half a year ago. Russian PW OFF just started to build new location for the new race and I was thrilled to play new race that I have never seen before in Russian PW. Lucky I am! 62 level for one week. Thanks to rates of courseb:chuckle. After stopped playing on-line games for 5 month. Psychic, must say, is not bed. Great damage, some cool skills. But, unfortunately, more then often he becomes some kind of tasty piece of pie for PK. Anyway, I will continue with my character this week. Would like to see what happens on high levels b:pleased
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *facepalm*
    Very good job Mods.
    Iwontaskwhythiswasstickiedtheresalreadyapsychicguideupthere.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *facepalm*
    Very good job Mods.
    Iwontaskwhythiswasstickiedtheresalreadyapsychicguideupthere.

i know, right?b:avoid
  • Burningalpha - Lost City
    Burningalpha - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i have to disagree
    earth vector is much more important than Glacial shards look at the stats for them yourselfb:chuckle
    Lost City: The heart and soul of hatred, pvp, and the worlds worst merchant.
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    Typhlosions: Seeker/87r
    /\polllo/Sin/96
    (instertnamehere)/Archer/96
    (insertnamehere)/Cleric/93
    "I'm hell bent on reviving Niravana" Aps
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i have to disagree
    earth vector is much more important than Glacial shards look at the stats for them yourselfb:chuckle

Earth Vector costs a spark and that is seriously not okay when you're in need of something like Psychic Will or Red Tide/Soulburn. (I use red tide on groups of Pkers. The result is hilarious.)

Say you're fighting a Blademaster. Demon. Nirvana gear. Fisted. 5aps. (this is my husband.) You're level 100. Your skills are decently leveled. You're Sage.
    So you poke him, and it turns out, he's not as squishy as you thought he was. Now he's mad, and he's coming towards you.

So then you use Earth Vector. He's stunned for about five seconds. You can either run like hell, or you can stay and fight. The minute you hit him, he snaps out of stun, and comes running at you like a five ton steel building about to fall on you.
    Or you can run, and he'll catch up to you, because we as fish are slow, and they are not.

Either way, you are going to die. End of story.

Try again.

You poke him, he gets mad, he's coming towards you. You throw Glacial Shards in his face, and because you've levled it decently, it sticks. He's stuck for about seven-or-more seconds. You hit him with Red Tide. Because you leveled THAT decently, the bleed sticks. But it's not dealing Physical damage: It's dealing damage equal to your soulforce for the next nine seconds. (for me alone, that's almost 10k damage, and my gear sucks.)

So then he dies. And you have a spark still left for that Assassin who thinks he can try and kill you by sneaking up behind you. So you throw up Psychic Will, Bubble of Life, and then nail his *** with Crystal Light.

Slow lasts slightly longer than the stun effect. There is a lesser chance that the effect will stick, sure, and Earth vector deals more damage. I just use glacial shards as a stopper. Normally, mine sticks. (it's got a 67% chance to stick, so I use it often.) If it doesn't work, I use Earth Vector as a last resort because it's expensive as far as sparks go. Those sparks IMO can be used to benefit someplace else.
  • LittIewg - Heavens Tear
    LittIewg - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Earth Vector costs a spark and that is seriously not okay when you're in need of something like Psychic Will or Red Tide/Soulburn. (I use red tide on groups of Pkers. The result is hilarious.)

Say you're fighting a Blademaster. Demon. Nirvana gear. Fisted. 5aps. (this is my husband.) You're level 100. Your skills are decently leveled. You're Sage.
    So you poke him, and it turns out, he's not as squishy as you thought he was. Now he's mad, and he's coming towards you.

So then you use Earth Vector. He's stunned for about five seconds. You can either run like hell, or you can stay and fight. The minute you hit him, he snaps out of stun, and comes running at you like a five ton steel building about to fall on you.
    Or you can run, and he'll catch up to you, because we as fish are slow, and they are not.

Either way, you are going to die. End of story.

Try again.

You poke him, he gets mad, he's coming towards you. You throw Glacial Shards in his face, and because you've levled it decently, it sticks. He's stuck for about seven-or-more seconds. You hit him with Red Tide. Because you leveled THAT decently, the bleed sticks. But it's not dealing Physical damage: It's dealing damage equal to your soulforce for the next nine seconds. (for me alone, that's almost 10k damage, and my gear sucks.)

So then he dies. And you have a spark still left for that Assassin who thinks he can try and kill you by sneaking up behind you. So you throw up Psychic Will, Bubble of Life, and then nail his *** with Crystal Light.

Slow lasts slightly longer than the stun effect. There is a lesser chance that the effect will stick, sure, and Earth vector deals more damage. I just use glacial shards as a stopper. Normally, mine sticks. (it's got a 67% chance to stick, so I use it often.) If it doesn't work, I use Earth Vector as a last resort because it's expensive as far as sparks go. Those sparks IMO can be used to benefit someplace else.

Your forgetting BM's have an Anti stun,Anti movement skill....
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Your forgetting BM's have an Anti stun,Anti movement skill....

It at least gives you some time to do something other than die.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    psy will, soulburn, lag, dead 5aps b:laugh