beastboyisbeast's Ultimate Phsychic Guide

Comments

• nurar1
    nurar1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Giodia - Heavens Tear about ur quote on earth vector bout the stun being nerffed it actually does hv a 6sec stun n has a 85% chance stun rate so i wouldn't write psy's off yet which kinda gives u more than enough time to run close n cast soulburn (note 3.1sec to fully cast soul) then they cn basically nuke at u for 8secs while u take dmg for about the amount of soul burn each time u attack plus since they're close enough they cn use landslide on u already so i think they qualify as hvin a higher chance of winning plus soul of silence is also 3sec on max n this isnt jst a one time effect as well n soul of silence i'm assuming a high lvl psy would hv around 15000 soulforce so that mean 3secs that wiz cannot attack so plz dnt flame psy when official data has jst been released on ecatomb.net
  • beastboyisbeast
    beastboyisbeast Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That is very true, the Earth Vector isn't nerfed at all. Some might even say it is OP.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sprid - Sanctuary
    Sprid - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    thanks this guide helped me alot because I got tired of a assasin and wanted to start a pyschic so thanks!
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited January 2010
    I will be adding a genie guide sometime this month.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    Reico_M - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    "40-59: Lots and lots of grinding, you will have to get used to it. Try flying monsters and water monsters because they give 1.5 X exp."

With the Bounty Hunter update, grinding has gone out the window. At those levels you can get a level a day with BH alone.
  • Sprid - Sanctuary
    Sprid - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I feel like I should add vit should I cause I get hard hits and die sometimes should i add vit?
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited February 2010
    I don't really suggest you add VIT, because those points are wasted. If you really feel like it, cap it at 30 or so the endgame re-stat.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaturesSoul - Sanctuary
    NaturesSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    your guide definately looks good i think i will use it for my psychic i am starting & imo i believe your guide deserves to be stickied keep up the good workb:victory
    DO NOT FEED - DaNGER DO NOT TRY TO PET WILL BITEb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    faction:Charisma
    ALTs: lvl 32 veno,lvl 21 archer,lvl 13 cleric,
    lvl 12 BM,lvl 7 wiz,lvl 20 sin,lvl 18 psychic
  • Quanyin - Heavens Tear
    Quanyin - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dunno if I can trust a guide if the writer can't even spell "Psychic" right.

ijs
  • A/ - Harshlands
    A/ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I was in a duel with a level 6x psychic today, and won, while waiting on the exit timer in BH51. I "telestunned" him as the duel timer ended and before he could get in a cast. Spiked him down to almost no health and then bled him and stunned him again. Somewhere between my attacks he got in a cast of one of the burn skills because my stun skill took out a nice chunk of my health. Of course it didn't matter because my bleed skill is maxed and that is what finished him off. What was crazy is that whatever he cast on me was still giving me damage after the duel was over. I began to rebuff and each rebuff I cast caused me to take massive damage. I ended up having to relog because the effect did not wear off even after a minute of waiting back in town(which must be a bug, maybe caused by dueling during the instance exit timer?). So the question to all you pro psychics out there is: What was the skill he cast on me? I was causing damage to myself even if I was casting my chi regen skill and very nearly caused my own death outside of the duel while standing in town lolz.
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited February 2010
    That was probably one of the many DoT skills of a Psychic or Soul Burn.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it be soulburn....must have glitched or something
    it only last like 8 seconds.
    and be pretty easy to counter/know when they cast it on you.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited February 2010
    It's MagicHamsta. Lol
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kknboy
    kknboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I play both psychic and wiz and here is my opinion (and i like both classes btw). :D
    Psychics indeed have overall faster channeling while wizards have spells that just in general deal more damage. None of the spells a psychic has at level 10 has more than 200% weapon damage added to the spell. Wizards have level ten spells that include 300% weapon damage and even 500% weapon damage. Psychics have earth vector which stuns for 6 seconds but wizards have mountains seize that also stuns for 6 seconds. Earth vector takes 2 seconds and ONE spark to cast, while mountains seize takes 6.4 seconds to cast (QQ for my wizzes long channeling time), but mountains seize has a 95% chance to stun unlike earth vector having only 85% chance to stun and it deals a hella lot more damage.

Earth Vector -Deals base magic damage plus 100%
    of weapon damage plus 3461.7. oh yeah and also 6 metres aoe

Mountains Seize-Earth
    damage equal to base magic attack plus 500% of weapon damage plus
    8400.4. 12 metres aoe (twice of earth vector?!?)

I would compare red tide and BIDS but i don't have enough information on how much damage the bleed from red tide would do. Anyone know?

So where am i going with this?? I don't really know... but one thing that makes my wiz stand out from psychic is... drum roll* SUTRA.
    Who cares how long your channel time is when you got this beautiful skill XD(although its more practical/useful in dueling than pve). Furthermore, at level 90 a wiz with max sparks can sutra and throw off an ulti at the same time with almost no channeling time.
    I have not yet dueled a psychic with my wiz or vice versa dueled a wiz with my psychic but i think that wizards have the advantage. Psychics have soul burn and disturb soul(its like the Visions of Regret skill in Guildwars... just plain deadly xD), but they only last so long with about 30 sec cooldown. A smart wiz would holy path away maybe?

Edit: i would also mention the other valuable skill from the wiz arsenal undine strike, but since psychics don't have their 79 skills yet... i'm going to leave this skill out of the argument for now.

Kinda off topic but i think a tag team consisting of a wizard and psychic would be deadly. 2vs2 anyone?
  • CoreyC - Harshlands
    CoreyC - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Great guide, its nice to have even though tideborns haven't been out for long.
    quick question though I am considering going LA for the time being and restatting later so I have a chance to escape if someone tries to pk me in the lower lvls. how much do you think this would effect my leveling?
  • MissxCleric - Sanctuary
    MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I want to do Light Armor (builds), but what attribute do I need then?
  • vashira
    vashira Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for your guide. I do appreciate your efforts and will give it a shot.
    As for the small people who sit safely behind their computers flaming, just ignore.
    You know, you put in work to help others and get attacked by these twits. Pretty sad.
  • CoreyC - Harshlands
    CoreyC - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I want to do Light Armor (builds), but what attribute do I need then?

LA build for cleric, psy, and wizzy its your lvl +4 so if you were lvl 30 you would need 34str and 34dex and the rest would go into int. Once you got it where you need to be caught up with your lvl you go 1str 1dex 3int every lvl
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited February 2010
    CoryC and MissClericX, LA is 1 STR 1 DEX and 3 MAG every level. The STR and DEX is to keep up with the current LA, and 3 MAG is to keep up with current level magic weapons.

As for affecting your leveling stick to a pure arcane build. at lower levels you will easily 2-3 shot mobs with Black Voodoo so there is no point in LA. Unless when your 90+ you are gonig to TW alot then you would go LA like a lot of Wizards do.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I see you changed several points in the guide. I still don't agree with a lot of things tho.

For example, you recommend using Diminished Vigor against every class in PvP. This skill sure sounds nice, but it has a shared cooldown with Empowered Vigor. Now, if you think long-term, and since we tend to be able to kill our opponents real fast if we succeed, what's better ? Having spent a debuff on said opponent and being forced to wait another 90 seconds to be able to cast it again, or buff yourself to benefit more from your heals and take fully advantage of the spell ?

Diminished Vigor should be casted if you're assuming a debuffer/backup-DDer in TW or so, so that it won't bother you if you can't use Empowered Vigor. In single PvP, I think Diminished Vigor is really not necessary. We're squishy and we deal good damage, a fight will rarely last longer than 30 seconds honestly, whether we win or lose. So, if you're against a caster, go Disturb Soul and hammer them, and if you're against a physical class, use Psychic Will and hammer them too.

Also, about the Souls, I think Soul of Retaliation is far better against magical classes and Archers, while Soul of Stunning is good against melee. Magical classes have effects attached to their attacks, and they often - if not always - open the fights with them. Melee classes won't always start with a stun or a bleed, and your Soul of Retaliation will get semi-wasted because you only reflected damage. If you get your opponent stunned as soon as they hit you with Soul of Stunning, you got a few seconds to take them down.

Also, Bubble of Life should NOT in any case be casted when you're already in danger and close to death. It's a heal over time, and a nice one, it should be caster at the very beginning of the fight or at least it should be one of your first three spells. You also say Red Tide is "ok for finishing off enemies with low HP", which quite frankly is hilarious. Red Tide is our most powerful nuke, it should be a fight-opener. Just imagine how much damage your opponent will take if the bleeding triggers, added to Red Tide's damage itself and the other spells you will cast. It's just devastating.

PS : Archer is the easiest class for me so far, Psychic Will basically makes them harmless to me while I hit them pretty damn hard. The range can be a problem tho.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited February 2010
    If I said all classes that is wrong Diminished vigor is only to be used on casting classes such as Clerics, Wizards, Psychics and Venomancers. As for Redtide I haven't invested many points into it so I do not know much about it.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Food for thought about Red Tide: Compare any level of Red Tide to the same equivalent level of Blade Tempest. Red Tide's skill damage is much higher. And that's even before you add the bleed (which has a 80% success at max). Oh, and Red Tide is casted faster too. Blade Tempest has a superior radius, but it looks to me that Red Tide has the superior damage.

Obviously I'm not taking Tide Spirit or Sutra into account for this generalization, because I'm not debating them in competition with one another.

I'm not saying this to provoke Wizard flames, I'm merely using it to point out that Red Tide is clearly a very good skill. Beast doesn't give it enough credit, imho. Red Tide should be able to destroy people in PvP (and mobs in PvE) rather easily if it lands. Not that I'm an expert, I just do a lot of research.

That being said, I'm not quite at 59 on my psychic yet, so I haven't played around with it.

That aside, I got a question for the more experienced Psychic players: would a 5x Psychic benefit more from leveling AoEs like Glacial Shards and Sandburst; or would leveling the DoTs like Torrent and Sand Trap help more? I don't use either pairing much in PvE. General mobs go down too quickly, and the AoEs lack of wide radius keeps them from being main skills for my grinding. I just occasionally AoE when I pull more mobs than I meant to and need them all to die; if they're close enough together for the AoE's to even matter. As for the DoTs, I'd imagine they're pretty useful when White Voodoo is on, no? That has its practicality too. (PvP, bosses...)

Opinions anyone?
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited February 2010
    ryukage wrote: »
    Food for thought about Red Tide: Compare any level of Red Tide to the same equivalent level of Blade Tempest. Red Tide's skill damage is much higher. And that's even before you add the bleed (which has a 80% success at max). Oh, and Red Tide is casted faster too. Blade Tempest has a superior radius, but it looks to me that Red Tide has the superior damage.

Obviously I'm not taking Tide Spirit or Sutra into account for this generalization, because I'm not debating them in competition with one another.

I'm not saying this to provoke Wizard flames, I'm merely using it to point out that Red Tide is clearly a very good skill. Beast doesn't give it enough credit, imho. Red Tide should be able to destroy people in PvP (and mobs in PvE) rather easily if it lands. Not that I'm an expert, I just do a lot of research.

That being said, I'm not quite at 59 on my psychic yet, so I haven't played around with it.

That aside, I got a question for the more experienced Psychic players: would a 5x Psychic benefit more from leveling AoEs like Glacial Shards and Sandburst; or would leveling the DoTs like Torrent and Sand Trap help more? I don't use either pairing much in PvE. General mobs go down too quickly, and the AoEs lack of wide radius keeps them from being main skills for my grinding. I just occasionally AoE when I pull more mobs than I meant to and need them all to die; if they're close enough together for the AoE's to even matter. As for the DoTs, I'd imagine they're pretty useful when White Voodoo is on, no? That has its practicality too. (PvP, bosses...)

Opinions anyone?

Well as for Red Tide it is a very effective skill that does high damage to take out people in PvP, if they close enough. As for Torrent and Sand trap you do not really need to level them up for PvE unless you want an extra DoT on a boss. A 5x Psychic would benefit somewhat if you actually AoE to train. Psychics have the most AoEs of the casting classes so it would make training alot faster. If you have an Archer he/she could lure lots of mobs and the you would easily wipe them out with your AoEs like Red Tide and Glacial shard. So yes it is beneficial ONLY if you plan to be AoEing with an Archer or an Assasin with a bow.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laurain
    laurain Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i don't want to be unnice but you're all psychic noobs... don't lvl this and that... that way you'll never get to now that after lvling for example black voodoo it lasts 15 min and soul of vengeance and silence 10...
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    laurain wrote: »
    i don't want to be unnice but you're all psychic noobs... don't lvl this and that... that way you'll never get to now that after lvling for example black voodoo it lasts 15 min and soul of vengeance and silence 10...

This guide was written before the patch that increased the length of the Voodoos and Souls... Leveling the Voodoos doesn't affect the duration either, it only affects the atk/def numbers. Leveling the Souls only affects the range as of now, so you really shouldn't be talking.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • laurain
    laurain Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    so please tell me why my black voodoo after getting lvl ten lasts 15 min??
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2010

It lasts for 15 even before lvling it to 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This has to be the most fail post I've ever seen on these forums...
  • Lumiinos - Sanctuary
    Lumiinos - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010

read patch notes plzb:shocked
    or just listen to the person who was trying to correct you before
  • Deathflow - Dreamweaver
    Deathflow - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ummm..

in duel
    psy vs wizard

all depends on skills used when starting the fight,

psy vs all classes , at same level = psy wins in most cases, depends on oponent
    psy vs al classes, psy 10+ lvl lower = psy can win, but will have hard times