What's still missing for Tideborn?

Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Just curious, but what things are still missing for Tideborn classes? Here are the ones I know of:

1. No level 79 or 100 skills. FIXED
  2. No Demon/Sage skills. FIXED
  3. No Tideborn, Assassin, or Psychic specific skills for genies.
  4. Tideborn wings can't be upgraded.
  5. Inability to re-purchase level 30 quest wings. FIXED
  6. Lack of proper grammar in quests. IMPROVED
  7. Large lack of TT weapons (60 green, 90, and 99 gold are all we get). FIXED
  8. Fix for the ATI graphic card bug that shows Tideborn faces as off-white, regardless of skin color. Fixed then broken again
  9. No OHT weapons.
  10. No green Lunar weapons.
  11. No green Frost weapons.
  12. Auction categories for Tideborn weapons and wings. FIXED
  13. No Dragon Quest weapons.
  14. No Messenger of the Sages weapons. FIXED
  15. No Warsoul weapons. FIXED
  16. Correct skill descriptions (Focus Mind, Forced Stealth, Power dash, etc...). IMPROVED
  17. Skill fixes for existing skills (Deaden Nerves and the Soul of X skills don't get much more useful as you level them).
  18. No third spark, Master Li's Technique, or Mo Zun's Taunt. FIXED

Anything else I'm forgetting? Any other fixes I've missed?

EDIT: Updated list. Please post in this thread to let me know if any of these have been fixed or if any are other items are still missing.

EDIT 2: Please note this post, where on 3/3/'10 frankieraye said that the Tideborn level 79 and 100 skills, plus the Demon and Sage versions of skills are coming "very soon" and that the other items are planned for late April.

EDIT 3: "Late April" turned out to mean "mid-May". Anyways, updated again.
Post edited by Sangodoc - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    - Inability to re-purchase level 30 quest wings
    - Lack of proper grammar in quests
    - Large lack of TT weapons (60green, 90 and 99 gold is all we get)

I'm sure there's some others. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Argyle - Dreamweaver
    Argyle - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    also missing skill nerfs like all other classes got.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    fix for ATI graphic card bug.
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    OHT weapons
    green lunar weapons
    gold lvl 100 lunar weapons
    Yeah I like weapons.
  • Shade - Raging Tide
    Shade - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lunar and Frost weapons that can be obtained from the signs from the anni packs.
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Are the 79+ skills implemented? Or the sage/demon cultivation?
    Heard a rumor they weren't.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    me can't wait until teh skill nerfs arrive for the tideborns.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i don't even want to imagine b:shocked...i pretty much like it that way it is now
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Tideborn FB19 dungeon is still missing.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Are the 79+ skills implemented? Or the sage/demon cultivation?
    Heard a rumor they weren't.
    I mentioned right in my first post that they were still missing.
    me can't wait until teh skill nerfs arrive for the tideborns.
    Apparently on the Chinese server they actually improved the Psychic Life Bubble skill (extending the range) and fixed some problems with Assassin teleport skills in dungeons. So, they're doing the opposite of nerfing. ;-)
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    alot of the skills has bad discriptions are they are bugged. the skils which has bad discriptions are:

focus mind: it says it avoids skill dmg but in reality it just reduces BOTH skill dmg and melee dmg to 1.

Forced stealh: says it gets rid of all negative status effects but it doesnt do that at all.

Power dash: this is a tricky one. on the R menu before u get the skill it says it increases crit rate but once u get the skill and hover over it with mouse it says increase Rage dmg. so after various testing from a few higher lvl sins it has been decided that the skill increases crit rate and not rage dmg. this is a very confusing discription tho because it says in increases 1 stat but goes on to say it increases a diffrent stat instead. and when u press the H menu none of the stats are showed to be increased at all. so ya very confusing skill b:cry

theres also something wrong with the stun skills apprently on not lasting the time it says it does. but someone else can get into that.

Apparently on the Chinese server they actually improved the Psychic Life Bubble skill (extending the range) and fixed some problems with Assassin teleport skills in dungeons. So, they're doing the opposite of nerfing. ;-)

they also increased blood paint to last 30 mins at max.
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Auction categories for Tideborn weapons and wings.
  • Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary
    Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    also missing skill nerfs like all other classes got.

Nahh... we really don't need this. You can keep it.b:bye
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    (Now I lay you down to sleep)
    Simply wont let me
    (I pray the lord your soul to keep)
    Enter quietly
    (And if I die before you)
    Ill see you in hell
    (That shall be his first mistake)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Kephras for the awesome Sig
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Auction categories for Tideborn weapons and wings.
    Wow. How'd I forget that one?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010

uh......increasing range can be considered a buff.....but me am sure that fixing a teleport problem isn't a buff or a nerf lol....just a fix.
    well at least they be buffing stuff that doesn't exactly help them fight.
    xD
    hooray their usefulness slightly increased.
    =p
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adael - Harshlands
    Adael - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't think we are getting a FB19. I wonder if that Ocean Tusker counts as a FB19?

Giant Octopus boss
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    One thing I've noticed on my assassin, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

I've noticed that the stealth skill (purple)starts when you press it, and you can stop it by 1)attacking a mob 2)running out of mana 3)pressing the stealth skill again.

But on the (gold) stealth skill shadow escape you can only exit out of it by 1)attacking a mob 2)running out of mana.

Should you not be able to exit a skill by pressing the escape button? We have that feature on every other character. Press escape it stops you from attacking even. But if you go into stealth mode likely you did it for a reason, so attacking a mob isn't the best suggestion. (example) if I need to meditate. And letting it run til I'm out of MP sucks too, if I used a mp charm it would be eaten up in no time.

So either the skill was not made properly, or this is a conspiracy for you to buy more MP charms :) lol.. not sure which. Would be nice if they were both fixed where escape is a feature used to stop both skills!
  • Ninja_Mizu - Raging Tide
    Ninja_Mizu - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ^to the above poster, click the purple stealth skill to exit out. b:chuckle
    edited January 2010
    ^to the above poster, click the purple stealth skill to exit out. b:chuckle

Yes, I'm aware of that as well, however; there should be an escape option with those skills just like any other skill.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    escape key only works to cancel channeling
    edited January 2010
    Not true.

On my archer my normal attack works without channeling. I hit escape button and I stop attacking. There is no channeling for normal attack. Therefore the escape button does work to stop skills, not just the channeling of them.

Also if you are in the middle of a macro and you press escape it will stop as well.
  • godprince
    godprince Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol so many threads like this one.

for those who think they will get nerfed, snap, they already got nerfed before the release, just to put an example in chinese version at lvl44 assassin skill of focused mind worked at 25% of success, here u have to MAX the skill to get that %.

btw tideborns are not OP. ppl go and say oh look a 6x assassin killed a 8x cleric, oh wow ive killed a 9x wizard being a 79 barbarian. i myself have tried both new classes, they r good, powerful, like any other class, with its pros and cons. sage/demon skills are gonna be released, about 79/100 not sure at all, about TT weaps and all that they will be getting them with time. about improving their skills i pretty much doubt it, they r already strong enough.

about stealth...well yea at the beggining some ppl were like oh wtf how cool assassins gonna pawn with shadow escape and shadow walk...wat we got? a potion that maxes our awarness level= an anti-stealth potion. So everything stays balanced, only that TB needs to get all his stuff finishedb:victory
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    I guess I should add Dragon Quest, Messenger of the Sages, and Warsoul weapons to the list of missing Tideborn weapons.
  • MedicMommy - Lost City
    MedicMommy - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:sad What about all party buffs... psychics dont have any of those... idk about Assassins... b:surrender
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Assassins have bloodpaint, which is an all-party buff... sort of. It only affects melee types (BM, barb, assassin.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yeah and those ppl who tested this loved it.....damn i envy fist bm's(they get so many hp per hit) tho ofc when i get higher this won't be a prob^^
  • CyanideX - Lost City
    CyanideX - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Nerfing PSY would be stupid?

They have kept the game balanced, psy has weaknesses, like barb and cleric, sometimes archer.

But if they nerfed it what would be the point in being a class thats worse than all the others if it isnt support or anything.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Not true.

On my archer my normal attack works without channeling. I hit escape button and I stop attacking. There is no channeling for normal attack. Therefore the escape button does work to stop skills, not just the channeling of them.

Also if you are in the middle of a macro and you press escape it will stop as well.

It also de-targets a mob. That would stop your normal attacks. So still true.

Neeh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    b:sad What about all party buffs... psychics dont have any of those... idk about Assassins... b:surrender
    Well, they have a (very) short range party heal, which hopefully is soon to get a better range. If it does get a better range, that's not that bad.

Still, I wouldn't mind meeting a barb someday that uses MP shards so the Soul of Vengeance buff would work on them for a while. b:beg
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It also de-targets a mob. That would stop your normal attacks. So still true.

Neeh.

You can melee a mob then switch targets. Still false.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric