A few questions on Mystics

Options
missrosa99
missrosa99 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Mystic
1. Which type of Tome is best for me to be using as a Mystic (pure Magic, Vit and Mag, Pure Vit, Mag Recovery)? I will eventually try to get one of those all stats tome.

2. I read that using both mystic's vital and healing herbs form a fake BB but how effective is it ?

3. I use my Bebuffing Creeper a lot I was wondering in what situations should I use my Spidervine ?

4. I need help to in picking Which Genie Type and Genie Skills should I get for strictly PVEing.

So far I have a Zeal with - EarthFlame, Holy Path, Extreme Posion

Thank you for all responses in advanced
Post edited by missrosa99 on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    1) Get something cheap that you'll like.

2) It's not BB: It can't tank like BB and doesn't reduce dmg. You have other ways of healing or dmg reduction you shouldn't ignore (Spidervine and or Aegis Sphere reduces damage which can prevent 1 hit kills like BB can and those herbs cannot). You are not Cleric; don't try to play like one.

3) When you're attacking a single target and the veno is using ironwood, a cleric using dimensional seal/ elemental seal, a barb is using sunder, a BM is using glacial spike or another mystic is using befuddling. Also when you're on multiple targets and a BM is using glacial spike.

4) I'd add cloud eruption to what you have. If you have space for another skill; save it til you know what you want to use it for, or play around with other skills.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    missrosa99 wrote: »
    1. Which type of Tome is best for me to be using as a Mystic (pure Magic, Vit and Mag, Pure Vit, Mag Recovery)? I will eventually try to get one of those all stats tome.

Whats your level? What's your build? What do you think will benefit you the most?

Tweakz is right. If you just want to make sure your horse (mount) stays fed, a Christmas Tome or the cheapest you can find is good. If you are making a complete science project out of your build, then you need to look at your char, its gears & stuff, and think about what it needs.

Personally, I currently have about 18 points in Vit that I would like to eventually move to have a Full Magic build. I'll admit Im a Magic junkie, and like a dog who spies its master with a shiney new red ball in hand, my eyes light up whenever I see "Magic".

I'm currently using an Adventures & Mishaps Tome to give me a little of both Magic & Vitality. There is one down from that, that I had before Adventures & Mishaps, that does the same thing on a lesser level called Tale of the Red Lotus. For my next Tome up, without breaking anyone's bank, Im shooting for The Alm's Bowl...cause Im a Magic junkie - a fearless newb with 5015 HP, who just turned level 101 this morning. b:chuckle

Tomes can be a cheap alternative to other ways of getting stats to a point.

2. I read that using both mystic's vital and healing herbs form a fake BB but how effective is it ?

It does nothing for defence, like Tweakz said. What is does is continuously heal you, and your party. The closer everyone stays to it, the better - but if a boss is capable of one-shotting everyone, it will do little to prevent it. Like, Polearm when you are of level to start BH69. The fake BB could save you enough to heal yourself in time for the lack of Purify to kill you and everyone else. Its a good combo when times are tough, or there are plenty of squishes in your squad, but its not fail-safe at all. The biggest problem with it is you may have to tell your party to get near the plants. If your party is determined to scatter all over the place, the only people its going to help are the ones that, like you, are right up close to the boss - like the tank. If you dont wanna get close to the tank either, then it will probably only help you.

3. I use my Bebuffing Creeper a lot I was wondering in what situations should I use my Spidervine ?

I use it between Creepers. Creeper>Lysing>Spidervine>Lysing, and so on. Creeper can sit a while, so you get more use out of it before you Lysing it. Spidervine you can set, take a couple shots at the boss/mob then Lysing rather quickly and replace with Creeper again to let sit a while. Its also a good idea not to use Creeper when their are stronger debuffers in your squad, especially like a BM.

4. I need help to in picking Which Genie Type and Genie Skills should I get for strictly PVEing.

Again, like Tweakz said, you wont regret Cloud Eruption - can never have too much Chi. You really dont need EarthFlame, cause you can pull/lure with your Summons, but if you like it, cool. I like Tangling Mire, because it reduces the mobs defences AND slows it down. Holy Path is a must for pokey healers. I have Extreme Poison too. I also have Frenzy. Its scary if you read it for a squishy - but its pretty awesome too, under the right conditions. Can't say I use it that much though.

Remember, Im a Magic junkie, and dont think I need as much HP and PDef as others think I do. If you are afraid of dying in general - go with a pure Vit Tome, and forget about Frenzy on your genie. Good luck with it. b:flower
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

I assume you only do PvE cause you ask genie skills for only PvE, so i'll say a pure magic one should be the best for you. Unless you have no refine and no good gears, maybe take a vit one or vit and magic, but if you don't have problem to stay alive take a magic one.

The cleric BB heal and cut the damage of 50%, mystic healing herb and vital herb only heal, that's the difference. It's up to you if you feel comfortable to solo heal in a squad, but keep in mind that your fake ''BB'' don't cut the damage.

That depend of the class you have in your squad and what you doing, if there is a cleric, veno and or barb don't use it since their debuff is higher than yours or if you have these class in your squad and see they don't debuff use yours. On a boss i generally use spidervine since there's other class that have better debuff, for AoE i'll use it.

As people said previously cloud eruption is a nice skill, absolute domain can be a life saver too, i personally have it more for PvP, but i know that a lot of people use in PvE from every class.

You are welcome. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute