Iris - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    WTB PSY DISTANCE SHRINK PLS. b:angry
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Psy seriously sucks. No physical damage skills and yes, people notice soulburn. Psy has no skills that do physical damage so going against robe classes is a pain in the wazoo. Damage modifiers on skills suck and not worth it. Waiting for sage/demon skills to decide if i am really going to put effort into this gimped version of a wiz.

LOL @ Psy being support
    just because you got a few buffs and a heal it makes you support? That must mean wizard is a support class....lol...

thankyou mizuoni
    finally someone that accepts that ppl will realise they have soulburn on them
    honestly if something is gonna take out a chunk of your life when you attack your going to realise
    the damage modifiers are only slightly gimped though
    sandburst and glacial shards have 8m aoe so i think 200% wep damage is kinda fair
    it will be good for tw for softening up targets prior to BT or BIDS
    redtide is decent only if at lvl 10 the bleed chance will be 95%
    earth vector kinda sucks imo
    psychics should have had less aoe and more control/repression moves
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and far out devs

fix white voodoo

noone is going to attack you if you have it on

consider yourself a tank with no damage

maybe if the DOTS had lower cooldown (3 sec) and could stack but did less damage unless stacked and slightly more damage if stacked
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Defo need a blink or tele of some sort, but they wont put that in at such a high LV would they?

I recon maybe a knock back that has better range and actually works in PVP lol

And maybe some uber buff :) xD
    Says the veno >___________>

kNOCK-BACKS have never worked in PVP.. asking for 'iwinz' while other classes are unable to knock you back?
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and far out devs

fix white voodoo

noone is going to attack you if you have it on

consider yourself a tank with no damage

maybe if the DOTS had lower cooldown (3 sec) and could stack but did less damage unless stacked and slightly more damage if stacked

That will make you use white voodoo and dot everything, doing nothing else while the mobs are killing themselves on you?

You can already do that, With Present set of skills.
    thankyou mizuoni
    finally someone that accepts that ppl will realise they have soulburn on them
    honestly if something is gonna take out a chunk of your life when you attack your going to realise
    the damage modifiers are only slightly gimped though
    sandburst and glacial shards have 8m aoe so i think 200% wep damage is kinda fair
    it will be good for tw for softening up targets prior to BT or BIDS
    redtide is decent only if at lvl 10 the bleed chance will be 95%
    earth vector kinda sucks imo
    psychics should have had less aoe and more control/repression moves

Sandburst and Glacial shards have a Casting range, meaning it doesn't have to wait till mobs come within 10 meters to be casted.

Range + aoe + fast channeling .... have you realised that your aoe is so much Faster and better?.

You have enough control skills already.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol. realizing soulburn is on u or not realizing it doesnt matter. it does its job either way. what, is it so useless that ud rather not cast it at all? id much rather have someone not atk me for 8 secs while i atk them back rather then to have them atk me during those 8 secs.

but w/e floats ur boat.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol. realizing soulburn is on u or not realizing it doesnt matter. it does its job either way. what, is it so useless that ud rather not cast it at all? id much rather have someone not atk me for 8 secs while i atk them back rather then to have them atk me during those 8 secs.

but w/e floats ur boat.

Sopforic Whisper for 4 seconds, Seal for 5, Channel Blade Tempest and cast right after Soulburn runs out?

ijs.

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Psy seriously sucks. No physical damage skills and yes, people notice soulburn. Psy has no skills that do physical damage so going against robe classes is a pain in the wazoo. Damage modifiers on skills suck and not worth it. Waiting for sage/demon skills to decide if i am really going to put effort into this gimped version of a wiz.

LOL @ Psy being support
    just because you got a few buffs and a heal it makes you support? That must mean wizard is a support class....lol...

So says the Mage turned psychic....

You have been rebutting everything that I have to say against Psychics, claiming how 'well' it does in pvp?

One shotting other classes and using your fast channeling speed + genie skills against mages?

Come on.. are you saying that you have been lying throughout?

Have it occurred to you that we are all there to support the barb and get the job done?

Being Barbs the highest priority and clerics the second? When does mage comes in first when it comes to looting in a pug ?

You are there to do damage, to support the squad to complete their (and your own) objectives and Psy does the same thing.

Off heal, DD and aything else that you do? are you on full time healing of the whole party?

Are you tanking 99% of the time?

If your answers to both questions are "no", then you are support.

With regards to soulburn, with a few psys running around on the battlefield, with soulburn casted on you and you are fighting, are you gonna avoid attacking all psys just in case you get yourself killed?

And pray, are you gonna retreat as long as you see psys on the frontline?

I do not remember seeing the log window that debuffs are registered in it, unless I'm doing something wrong here.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So says the Mage turned psychic....

You have been rebutting everything that I have to say against Psychics, claiming how 'well' it does in pvp?

One shotting other classes and using your fast channeling speed + genie skills against mages?

Come on.. are you saying that you have been lying throughout?

Have it occurred to you that we are all there to support the barb and get the job done?

Being Barbs the highest priority and clerics the second? When does mage comes in first when it comes to looting in a pug ?

You are there to do damage, to support the squad to complete their (and your own) objectives and Psy does the same thing.

Off heal, DD and aything else that you do? are you on full time healing of the whole party?

Are you tanking 99% of the time?

If your answers to both questions are "no", then you are support.

With regards to soulburn, with a few psys running around on the battlefield, with soulburn casted on you and you are fighting, are you gonna avoid attacking all psys just in case you get yourself killed?

And pray, are you gonna retreat as long as you see psys on the frontline?

I do not remember seeing the log window that debuffs are registered in it, unless I'm doing something wrong here.

TL;DR -- QQ

Rule 11 of the Internet: "All your carefully picked arguments can easily be ignored."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ppl are saying psys suck now o.o even tho the lvled them to 50+? wtf lol
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sopforic Whisper for 4 seconds, Seal for 5, Channel Blade Tempest and cast right after Soulburn runs out?

ijs.

b:avoid

Hey Kon, do you know which psy has casted soulburn on you? And maybe you managed to silence a psy (without soul of retaliation) and someone else (or in group) attacks you?

I know I would.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    TL;DR -- QQ

Rule 11 of the Internet: "All your carefully picked arguments can easily be ignored."

I believe you have read it. Or you wouldn't have used your imaginary rule on my argument.

DD classes are support classes... short and sweet just for you.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hey Kon, do you know which psy has casted soulburn on you? And maybe you managed to silence a psy (without soul of retaliation) and someone else (or in group) attacks you?

I know I would.

No, because I befriend all Psychics I meet and make them work for me.
    I believe you have read it. Or you wouldn't have used your imaginary rule on my argument.

DD classes are support classes... short and sweet just for you.

Imaginary?! Wait one sec...I got a gift for ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No, because I befriend all Psychics I meet and make them work for me.

Imaginary?! Wait one sec...I got a gift for ya.

Seriously, there are no hard and fast rules over the web. When you stated tl:dr, you have lost your credibility because you have ignored facts and refuses to accept reality.

Mages, Archers and Fishies are Support.

And you can give your gift to your imaginary fish friends.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    HA HA HA DISREGARD THAT

*poke* Check your PM's.

fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    *poke* Check your PM's.

fixed.

http://www.viewfromthequad.com/photos/images/My%20images/rules_of_the_internet_v2.gif

Seriously.... you are lame.... but whatever right?
    edited January 2010
    Options

Yes. Whatever, right.

Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken seriously."

b:victory

I hope you found all of this as entertaining as I did! Now, I must be off to play MOAR Star Ocean: First Departure!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Lol, that's funny.
    I gatta remember these b:laugh

Back to topic:
    Nea, nvm. Can't remember what I wanted to post after those rules b:avoid
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Corrinesno - Harshlands
    Corrinesno - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What about some zhen skill that was some sort of mana regeneration for everyone around it.. wouldn't be amazing in pvp but would make us pretty helpful in partys if the cleric didnt have a charm or something, even if it was at the expense of our own mana..
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lol, that's funny.
    I gatta remember these b:laugh

Back to topic:
    Nea, nvm. Can't remember what I wanted to post after those rules b:avoid

And thus, I win again... b:cool

...but if I HAVE to make an on-topic post...I wouldn't mind the Psychics getting some sort of Water-Element Zhen ability like "The Dragon's Breath"...I bet it'd look cool when the two of 'em are together.

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not sure if anyones thought of this... and it would probably be op.... but here's my idea:

Telekinesis(original eh?)
    Teleport the target directly away from you X distance and sleep for x seconds.

This is just a random idea =P Feel free to modify it however
  • Arthios - Raging Tide
    Arthios - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    increased time duration for buffs/ fixed buff skills (as of now soul skills such as vengence/stun etc work the same no matter the level)

is mana regen any lower then other magic classes?

I would like a skill similar to dragons breath, ya we have a ton of aoe skills but whats the point in that if we're gonna kill our mp after like 2 sets of mobs while a wizard can just keep goin and goin?

also im curious how demon and sage will come into play, reduced loss on def in black ? increased atk in white? (for demon) increase def in black/white in sage? cant wait to see what they do
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Psychic Hotline (level 79)
    Randomly inflict one, none or all of the following to the opposing target:
    - Inflict damage based on 200% of your soulforce over 9 seconds.
    - Freeze the target for 5 seconds.
    - Increase the target's maximum hp by 50% for 3 seconds.
    Mana cost: 1000
    60 second cooldown
    Range: 20m

Fishstick (level 100)
    Take vengeance on the atrocities of humans towards your fish kin. Throw a breaded projectile at the target. Inflicts 1000% physical weapon damage.
    Requires 3 Sparks
    5 minute cooldown
    Range: 15m
    Mana cost: 2000
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I REALLY don't understand why people think of Psychics as supports. Let's count, we have... ONE heal (8 meters range around ourselves... WOW.) Then, two debuffs : Diminished Vigor (which shares its cooldown with the buff Empowered Vigor, kind of crippling to have shared cooldown between buffs and debuffs for a support don't you think ?) and Disturb Soul.

Tide Spirit and Psychic Will, two very powerful buffs indeed but I don't know yet if Tide Spirit can only be casted on ourself. From what I understand you can buff other people with Psychic Will, I don't know about Tide Spirit, if someone would tell me it would be cool. Anyway I think Tide Spirit is better off casted on ourself, not so much to increase some more our casting speed but more to improve our damage (eventhough it would probably be sweet on Wizards).

So bottomline, Psychics rely on their Soulforce entirely, our very last AoEs cause bleeding (based on Soulforce again, which can hurt a LOT) and stun, our others AoEs cause lowered accuracy and freezing. Our two first nukes have very fast casting times and hurt good enough. Our Souls protect us from attackers (I'm mainly talking about Soul of Stunning and Soul of Retaliation here) by stunning/reflecting effects on them. Soulburn is also pretty nasty, eventhough it's not as powerful as people might think, it's easily avoidable if you pay attention (the visual effect of the spell is quite noticable xD). But Psychics can certainly cast spells until they tire during the time the target can't attack safely.

I don't know, I just don't believe Psychics are cut to be supporters, Empowered Vigor is cool casted on a tank, so is Psychic Will I guess. But since we are very fragile (and no, I don't believe in LA build for Psychic), Psychic Will and every other _FEW_ buffs we have seem to be made to enhance ourselves and ourselves only. I'm telling you, we're not supports. I can't tell you what we are exactly though, certainly not wizardslike damage dealer, but perhaps "back-up" damage dealer or something like that... Time will tell.

Regarding the Demon/Sage skills, I think they should focus on our Souls and on the effects of our nukes. No need any new fancy spells. What we need is something like Black Voodoo only reducing half the defense it is supposed to with Demon, the opposite with attack for White Voodoo, etc... Longer stun on Earth Vector, 100% chance to cause bleeding with Red Tide, and of course ANYTHING to actually improve our Souls.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • volst
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ^ lol

Tide Spirit = pos self buff. You're better off using advanced spark.
    Psychic will = self only.
    Red Tide = waste of spark, you're better off spamming Soulburn.
    Aqua cannon = **** aoe. what's the point of slowing mobs if they're already next to you?
    Soul of Silence = useless self buff. Wow 3% chance to silence someone.

Psychic is basically a veno with no pet and no mp recovery skill. I like my psychic, but I'm not gonna pretend they're this super awesome class. For TW, all they're useful for is keeping catapullers alive and maybe sneaking soulburn on people. They don't have wiz damage (+22% buff can not compare to 300-400% attack damage) nor archer/sin crits. For PVE, everyone is DD except for the barb and the cleric, so that doesn't really matter.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Red Tide = waste of spark ? Lol, ok man.

Aqua Cannon is a **** AoE indeed, I was more talking about Glacial Shards and Sandburst Blast. Soul of Silence is pointless right about now yes, but Soul of Stunning and Soul of Retaliation are very much not. Good luck spamming Soulburn when it has a 30 sec cooldown and costs one spark too.

How could they just keep catapullers alive since they have one heal, which you're never gonna use in TW. Empowered Vigor will be very useful for that ye, but it only lasts 90 seconds. Please don't tell me the only two useful spells of Psychics are Empowered Vigor and Soulburn. Let's not forget there is no Sage/Demon skills yet, so as I said those should focus on improving the weapon damages and effects, at least that's what I think.

And I'm really not pretending Psychics are a super awesome class, they're just like any other in the game. We use a lot of mana and I think that shouldn't be changed so we have our flaws, otherwise I believe in Psychics being DDers/Debuffers, and NOT SUPPORTS nor "basically a veno with no pet and no mp recovery skill". Give me a break.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • volst
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Good luck killing anyone at 90 when everyone has refined their stuff, and all you have is weak damage modifiers.

And look at soulburn, 7k sf with max black voodoo gets reduced to 4k on a normal mob. And they only have like 1-2k def at most. How effective do you think bleed is going to be?

How is psychic a debuffer? They can't break defense. They don't have curse that increase damage. They can't even decrease damage. They can't even remove buffs. Best they can do is slow someone down when they're not targetting you. Just about everyone already has a skill with guaranteed reduce accuracy.

And why are you going on about sage/demon skills. Everyone knows they're not out, that's not the point of the thread.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What about some zhen skill that was some sort of mana regeneration for everyone around it.. wouldn't be amazing in pvp but would make us pretty helpful in partys if the cleric didnt have a charm or something, even if it was at the expense of our own mana..

This, make it constant effect like blue bubble. like heal 200 mana to squad members within 10 meters every 5 sec at the cost of 300-400 mana every 5 sec. That would get you into zhen squads.

you want things that would get you into regular squads, an ih version that heals mp instead of hp.

If psy's had these skills I can easily see cleric saying, "no get psy not another archer, or else i'm not going, it costs too much mp without psy".
  • YuuYuuu - Dreamweaver
    YuuYuuu - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think the mp regeneration skill idea is awesome :9
    a pretty name would be Compassionate Soul :o
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    ^ lol

Tide Spirit = pos self buff. You're better off using advanced spark.
    Psychic will = self only.
    Red Tide = waste of spark, you're better off spamming Soulburn.
    Aqua cannon = **** aoe. what's the point of slowing mobs if they're already next to you?
    Soul of Silence = useless self buff. Wow 3% chance to silence someone.

Psychic is basically a veno with no pet and no mp recovery skill. I like my psychic, but I'm not gonna pretend they're this super awesome class. For TW, all they're useful for is keeping catapullers alive and maybe sneaking soulburn on people. They don't have wiz damage (+22% buff can not compare to 300-400% attack damage) nor archer/sin crits. For PVE, everyone is DD except for the barb and the cleric, so that doesn't really matter.

i think you are over estimating weapon damage modifiers on spells
    end game wiz has like 9k base magic attack and 1.2k weapon damage?
    when using bids lvl 10
    9k base magic attack, 5*1.2k (6k) weapon damage, 9.5k flat spell bonus
    =24.5k
    so u get 25% from weapon damage modifier at end game?
    its pretty decent but highly overated
    most ppl dont realise that bids gets moajority of damage from its massive 9.5 flat bonus

compare
    BIDS has 300% bonus over red tide, sandburt, glacial right as they all take 200% wep damage into account
    (300/500)*25%= 15%
    thus BIDS wep damage mod gives 15% advantage over psy aoes ( not taking into account flat spell bonus- BIDS has much higher wep damage bonus)
    22atk level>15% damage imo

psychic
    has 2 non spark aoes , sandburst and glacial which can be casted in the same amount of time as BIDS
    [8.5k base, 5, 2*1.1k(2.2k), 3k flat spell bonus ] X 2
    13.7k X 2
    = 27.4k
    w/ black voodoo
    =33.43k

so over the dame amount of time psychic can do a bit more damage than a mage

BUT the have superior dps while wizards have superior damage per hit

and i reckon red tide > soulburn

soulburn can be avoided by simply not attacking and running for 8 secs
    psy only have 1 unreliable freeze so running shoulnt be a problem unless you get hit by black voodooed crits

lvl 90 psy has 12k soulforce?

after pvpr reduction 3k pure unresistable damage over 9 seconds

considering your gonna be hitting for around 2k with the magical component of red tide after pvp reduction/resistances its gonna be a mean aoe nuke

and on zhen moves

if anything psy should be given a zhen version of soul of retaliation
    it casts stronger veriosn of soul of retaliation on whole party at the cos of mana/sec
    that will help getting psy into rebirth