Options
124»

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So says the Mage turned psychic....

You have been rebutting everything that I have to say against Psychics, claiming how 'well' it does in pvp?

One shotting other classes and using your fast channeling speed + genie skills against mages?

Come on.. are you saying that you have been lying throughout?

Have it occurred to you that we are all there to support the barb and get the job done?

Being Barbs the highest priority and clerics the second? When does mage comes in first when it comes to looting in a pug ?

You are there to do damage, to support the squad to complete their (and your own) objectives and Psy does the same thing.

Off heal, DD and aything else that you do? are you on full time healing of the whole party?

Are you tanking 99% of the time?

If your answers to both questions are "no", then you are support.

With regards to soulburn, with a few psys running around on the battlefield, with soulburn casted on you and you are fighting, are you gonna avoid attacking all psys just in case you get yourself killed?

And pray, are you gonna retreat as long as you see psys on the frontline?

I do not remember seeing the log window that debuffs are registered in it, unless I'm doing something wrong here.
    It was ok for the first 50 levels. I stated my opinion. Also, that post only had 2 one shots in it. Thats because those two classes are pretty squishy until 8x
    TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT FTW!
    volst wrote: »
    Good luck killing anyone at 90 when everyone has refined their stuff, and all you have is weak damage modifiers.

This^
    Psychic had so much potential and when i saw the ultis and the damage modifiers, that changed my whole opinion. Psys arent worth the effort imo.

DD classes arent support....they are DD classes....
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think you are over estimating weapon damage modifiers on spells
    end game wiz has like 9k base magic attack and 1.2k weapon damage?
    when using bids lvl 10
    9k base magic attack, 5*1.2k (6k) weapon damage, 9.5k flat spell bonus
    =24.5k
    so u get 25% from weapon damage modifier at end game?
    its pretty decent but highly overated
    most ppl dont realise that bids gets moajority of damage from its massive 9.5 flat bonus

compare
    BIDS has 300% bonus over red tide, sandburt, glacial right as they all take 200% wep damage into account
    (300/500)*25%= 15%
    thus BIDS wep damage mod gives 15% advantage over psy aoes ( not taking into account flat spell bonus- BIDS has much higher wep damage bonus)
    22atk level>15% damage imo

psychic
    has 2 non spark aoes , sandburst and glacial which can be casted in the same amount of time as BIDS
    [8.5k base, 5, 2*1.1k(2.2k), 3k flat spell bonus ] X 2
    13.7k X 2
    = 27.4k
    w/ black voodoo
    =33.43k

so over the dame amount of time psychic can do a bit more damage than a mage

BUT the have superior dps while wizards have superior damage per hit

and i reckon red tide > soulburn

soulburn can be avoided by simply not attacking and running for 8 secs
    psy only have 1 unreliable freeze so running shoulnt be a problem unless you get hit by black voodooed crits

lvl 90 psy has 12k soulforce?

after pvpr reduction 3k pure unresistable damage over 9 seconds

considering your gonna be hitting for around 2k with the magical component of red tide after pvp reduction/resistances its gonna be a mean aoe nuke

and on zhen moves

if anything psy should be given a zhen version of soul of retaliation
    it casts stronger veriosn of soul of retaliation on whole party at the cos of mana/sec
    that will help getting psy into rebirth

factor in a high refined high grade weapon

lets say 10k

thats a lot to add on via modifiers
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    factor in a high refined high grade weapon

lets say 10k

thats a lot to add on via modifiers

i rly cbf showing calculations for this now

but even for hi refined wep say 2k =100% wep damage (500%=10k)

psychic will still hit for more damage with its 2 weaker but faster casting spells

because base magic damage will be counted twice and base magic damage is the most important factor when calculating damage at late game

its just that having damage in 1 hit is good for bypassing charms
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    Good luck killing anyone at 90 when everyone has refined their stuff, and all you have is weak damage modifiers.

And look at soulburn, 7k sf with max black voodoo gets reduced to 4k on a normal mob. And they only have like 1-2k def at most. How effective do you think bleed is going to be?

How is psychic a debuffer? They can't break defense. They don't have curse that increase damage. They can't even decrease damage. They can't even remove buffs. Best they can do is slow someone down when they're not targetting you. Just about everyone already has a skill with guaranteed reduce accuracy.

And why are you going on about sage/demon skills. Everyone knows they're not out, that's not the point of the thread.

You know Black Voodoo doesn't affect Soulburn right ? It doesn't change your Soulforce, therefore the damage remains unchanged whether you have Black Voodoo or White Voodoo on.

Oh, and you're right, Psychics can only increase your casting time by 80% and reduce the effects of the heals, pots and charms. My bad. I don't know what's your problem with Psychics, you're making it sound like they don't even belong to the game. "Can't kill anybody at 90, can't debuff, can't heal, can't deal damage with Soulburn (when 24h ago it was their only useful spell)"

Not to mention the title of the thread is "79 Skills: What are you Suggestions?", so if Sage/Demon skills are not the point, I don't know what is.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Tuurlijk - Sanctuary
    Tuurlijk - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Need some skill useful for the whole squad, otherwise psychics are just DDs
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Skill 1: Psychics need a parallel to Dragon's breath of course, aka a sustained damage skill. (though this thread should be in suggestions)

Storm of Ages
    Range 8 meters
    Mana 350
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 20 seconds
    Weapon Artifact

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity
    The power of Water and Earth surround you in a hurricane of destruction. All enemies within 8 meters of you suffer constant Water and Earth damage. Consumes 350 Mana every 3.5 seconds inflicting Water damage equal to 75% base magic damage and Earth damage equal to 75% base magic damage. Has 10% chance to reduce accuracy of effected foes and has 10% chance to inflict additional 5000 water damage. Casting will not stop until Mana is depleted or the spell is cancelled.

Requires one spark.

350 mana every 3.5 stays consistant with the 300 every 3 of dragons breath and the 500 every 5 of the cleric's maintained aoes. The damage is more based on magic attack so it becomes increasingly stronger with level and refining rather than having a portion of the damage relevant to level of the skill (as 79 skills cannot be leveled). Since 79 skills have no demon/sage versions it included a lesser equivalent of what would be applicable to each version in my mind witha 10% chance at 2 different add-ons. 8 Meters applied because the direct cast aoes mostly have 8 meter ranges (smaller than wizard range) so I felt Psychic's sustained aoe should be the opposite.

Skill 2/3: Group Atk/Def level Buffs

Black Haze
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 1000
    Channel 2 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds

Envelops your party in a sea of rage. Increasing their attack levels by 15 but lowering their defense levels by 20 for 15 minutes.

Overwrites White Haze.

White Haze
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 1000
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 2 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds

Envelops your party in a wall of stone. Increasing their defense levels by 40 but lowering their attack levels by 25 for 15 minutes.

Overwrites Black Haze

These two skills will clarify/solidify psychics as having a beneficial but non-essential party role allowing them to be viewed as something more than just a plain DD. Wizards increase all physical attacking party members damage with their water buff. Archers increase the entire party's evasion, why should psychics not be drawn in parallel to the other classes?
    **** Genius Marry me?

No seriously this is something that should be looked at as a new set of skills. Nothing about this should be tweaked though. and a Party buff would be nice. Psychics are a conceited class by the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione