Rising Tide Hair Glitch - Send Customer Support a Ticket

Comments

• ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i just checked my email, and i have gotten a response from the ticketing people. it went something like this:

"hi, we are aware of the issue. please fill out the form below.

1- whats the problem
    2- did you ever have this problem before
    3- when did it happen
    4- did you use a makeover scroll
    5- when did you use it (if you used one)
    6- please send us some pics of the problem"

now i feel all of that is unnecessary, i already explained the problem and sent my pics, but i did fill the "form" and i sent more pics, but this response is feeling a lot like "ok if you used a makeover scroll we will credit you for that, but thats about it".

im seriously going to have a nuclear meltdown if they dont bring my hairstyle back.

I got a simliar reply, to be honest it sounded like a scripted reply that they are sending out to all tickets, which is disappointing.

Also, I'm sure we got the same reply, but I read it as you won't get any compensation if you bought a makeover scroll after you sent the ticket in. I asked them to clarify because one of the first things I did after I realized my hairstyle had been messed with was to buy a makeover scroll to try and fix it.

I sincerely hope they will reimburse me for that makeover scroll. They could mail me another makeover scroll for all I care.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I got a simliar reply, to be honest it sounded like a scripted reply that they are sending out to all tickets, which is disappointing.

Also, I'm sure we got the same reply, but I read it as you won't get any compensation if you bought a makeover scroll after you sent the ticket in. I asked them to clarify because one of the first things I did after I realized my hairstyle had been messed with was to buy a makeover scroll to try and fix it.

I sincerely hope they will reimburse me for that makeover scroll. They could mail me another makeover scroll for all I care.

i really dont even care about the cost of a makeover scroll at this point. im just concerned that they may never bring the hair styles back, in which case, i dont see myself playing anymore. none of the ones available to venos now are appealing to me.
  • Lucein - Heavens Tear
    Lucein - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I love how we're being told to submit tickets and post screenshots when all they have to do is have a test server running the old version and compare the hair selections from the old to the new ones. They really need a QA department. b:surrender You know, that way they could find out all the affected styles in one go without waiting for days of reports to come in and potentially miss some that aren't reported.

That would be to easy for them they like complications :)
  • clearaki
    clearaki Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Before
    2ir1cgh.jpg
    Me being true to myself with lovely wavy hair
    and a face based on my own real face. i may have altered the face several times,
    but that was just to try to make it more accurate
    and i didnt need the scroll (and i cannot even afford 2 "gold"...
    do i look like i'm rich or have a cred card? Last time i had a card was years ago
    and they charged me behind my back for "nothing", but got a refund.
    So i got rid of my card years ago!
    I looked for gift cards at a Wallmart btw, so yes i could pay,
    but currently i am broke.
    Cannot buy stuff for games until i am finished w/ college
    and have time to work (online college=less vacation than normal).

I loved that hair/style and kept it the same before the patch ruined her lovely hair!

Heres After the patch
    b9hpg3.jpg After
    They gave me a bad plastic surgery and butchered my lovely hair!
    (Ugly face, body, and ew...that hairstyle is not my choice! I do not have bangs
    and did not choose to give her those choppy strands either!)
  • clearaki
    edited December 2009
    i really dont even care about the cost of a makeover scroll at this point. im just concerned that they may never bring the hair styles back, in which case, i dont see myself playing anymore. none of the ones available to venos now are appealing to me.

i hope my elf, Near_L, is okay...i don't feel like playing anymore either unless they give my main character back her body/face/hair...im stuck with a( handsome) elf for roleplaying alone...but no main female/self-based character...lvl 15...what a waste...My elf is lvl 4...poor Neary...no1 to play with him...yet?...and hes all i got...(and yes hes based on anime...where can i go to ask for a rp buddy til they fix my main character?)
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ohh I really do hope they're working on this bug. Since all of my male and female characters had the wavy hair, all of them were affected. Has anyone out there been relieved of this problem yet? Davitiel dosen't like having a golden radio broadcast antenna in his head.

This is my main character Davitiel:

hairbug.jpg

Edit:

Well, just sent a ticket, lets hope for the best.

Here's my Archer alt Polymnia. Although her new hair brings out her cute face, she does not want to look like the top of a fancy chocolate cake.

polyhairbug.jpg

minidecadentchocolatecau.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Nezarai - Sanctuary
    Nezarai - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I hope they bring the old hairstyles back soon @~@ The Tideborn get tons of cool styles that other classes can't use, and on top of that most of the good all class hairstyles disappear...

My Cleric

nezaraihairissue.jpg

My Veno

bristyhairissue.jpg

^^ Nezarai, colorful Cleric of Sanctuary...IS ANGRY THAT HER HAIR GOT STOLEN D:<

b:flower The colors of life are precious. =3
  • Risingson - Dreamweaver
    Risingson - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok... obviously you knew imposing on the customization of our characters was going to initiate some anger. (you changed our hair)

The devs didn't have the foresight to remedy this right away?

I submitted my ticket yesterday.. where is the solution to this problem?

thanks
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They shaved me fur~~~
    and put a hairpin-hat on me~ b:cry
    and me can't get it off!
    b:angry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zayzie
    zayzie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I only joined a few days ago and have no before screenshot. But my hair looksl ike the person's above. this one's.
    2ir1cgh.jpg

This is my character and how she looks after the patch.

aftero.jpg
  • Catamo - Dreamweaver
    Catamo - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    zallocc wrote: »
    Again, Same problem, two characters:

error1hl.jpg w592.png

This is the same before and after on my cleric.
  • Tesaie - Sanctuary
    Tesaie - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Same problem just updated to find my main with some ugly hair >.< hope this get fixed soon. I also had a makeover scroll from quest but when I tried to use my old hair was not there.b:angry

Before

TesaieBefore.jpg

After

TesaieAfter.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sweetest_Sin - Lost City
    Sweetest_Sin - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    2qsx7ja.png

b:begb:surrender
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hope you can get it fixed babe ^
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • passionate7
    passionate7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Here's my before and after shots. *Crosses Fingers* Hopefully they can fix it for all of us. I can't wait to get my before hairstyle back. Prays and Prays hehe b:pleased

BEFORE:

beforej.jpg

AFTER:

afterw.jpg
  • TheHumanSage - Heavens Tear
    TheHumanSage - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hey TheHumanSage hereb:victory lol from b4 i had my screnshot of the after but not b4 well u can just say it is the same exact problem as Davitielb:angry
    ""To be or not to be?" is only one of the questions that need to be asked."-This message was brought to you by TheHumanSage the future of wizard power!(LA wizzy ftw)b:victory
  • clearaki
    edited December 2009
    zayzie wrote: »
    I only joined a few days ago and have no before screenshot. But my hair looksl ike the person's above. this one's.
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2ir1cgh.jpg This is my character and how she looks after the patch.[/img]http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3738/aftero.jpg

OMG. same hair style affected on two different fem peop's characters...and i dunno even how to get the scroll...2g x 2 people=4 gold combined owed to us...more g owed to us all...O.O...if you add other's with the same isssue.b:sad good and bad to know that i am not alone in this...
  • AuroraWinds - Sanctuary
    AuroraWinds - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Same problem just updated to find my main with some ugly hair >.< hope this get fixed soon. I also had a makeover scroll from quest but when I tried to use my old hair was not there.b:angry

Before

TesaieBefore.jpg

After

TesaieAfter.jpg

My veno Sansi had the same thing happen, her hairstyle looked like her before aswell, and now my veno has the same after do.
  • Clear_Aki - Dreamweaver
    Clear_Aki - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Also, I just tried to submit a ticket but it keeps timing out. Do I really need to or is posting here enough? I would assume this is something that needs to be fixed by a patch that reverts the hair back, not by fixing each individual. But I really don't know much about coding so I could easily be wrong.

i had the same thing happen, but i don;t think it attached the pics when i finally got the ticket sent >_<...i had attached them, but it timed out twice!! i don't even know the name of the hair style on my female character since its gone/replaced...and so many people used to have that pretty big wavy hair...and now got stuck with the chopp and bangs >_< why was my handsome cleric not affected? was it cuz its not on the list of ruined hairstyles? i cannot tell if he's been changed. he looks too much like his old self, so i suppose it only affected my female character with the wavy hair.

i already posted my before and after pics, but that was before i changed icons to show main lvl # and game usename.
    edited December 2009
    GM... Where is the update?
    quite being shady and tell us when this insult will be remedied.
    edited December 2009
    Bump10char
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's the same for my blademaster too : (

Before
    RosePW.jpg

After
    2009-12-1717-54-38.jpg

this is exactly what happened to me, i had the before hair, then after the patch i got that lame crown thing (no offense ^^)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
    edited December 2009
    NO BUMP b:angry
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=548372
    go to teh sticky.
    (^.^)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redpaws - Dreamweaver
    Redpaws - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So, I sent in a ticket (possibly 2, im not sure) about my hair the afternoon of the patch, and have gotten no response thusfar. I sent in a ticket later that day about an issue I'm having with my genie.. would the last ticket over-write my other tickets? Do I need to get to the back of the line now?

It would be great to know when/if my tickets were ever received.

Thanks.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They shaved me fur~~~
    and put a hairpin-hat on me~ b:cry
    and me can't get it off!
    b:angry

lol I wish it was a hairpin. We now have a golden radio broadcast antena in our heads. Please stay tuned for the local weather in Archosaur right here in PWI 91.3 FM. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
    edited December 2009
    lol I wish it was a hairpin. We now have a golden radio broadcast antena in our heads. Please stay tuned for the local weather in Archosaur right here in PWI 91.3 FM. b:chuckle

b:shocked
    me are receiving radio signals from aliens.
    (>.<)
    halp~
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redpaws - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I've posted 3 or 4 times now in the sticky about whether or not my ticket was received over the past few days and have gotten no answer. I had a ticket I sent *after* sending 2 about the hair issue answered, but not the tickets about the hair issue.

b:cry

It's frustrating. I hate having to look at my horrible uneven loop-ey thing hairstyle. :(
    edited December 2009
    I've posted 3 or 4 times now in the sticky about whether or not my ticket was received over the past few days and have gotten no answer. I had a ticket I sent *after* sending 2 about the hair issue answered, but not the tickets about the hair issue.

b:cry

It's frustrating. I hate having to look at my horrible uneven loop-ey thing hairstyle. :(

quit bumping your ticket to teh bottom....
    b:surrender
    just wait...you'll know if they got your ticket because they will email you or something.
    b:thanks
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redpaws - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    quit bumping your ticket to teh bottom....
    b:surrender
    just wait...you'll know if they got your ticket because they will email you or something.
    b:thanks

Well, the first ticket i sent the page was stuck on 'sending', so I wasn't sure if it sent. The second one sent, I'm pretty sure. Then a few hours later I sent another about something else.. so i don't think I reset my wait time too bad, unless my last ticket cancelled out the other one, which is what I wish someone could tell me :( I got an answer to my last problem, but still nothing about the hair.

;~;
  • ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hi, i have the same problem b:cry

its not that horrible but i like to choose myself how my character looks like

before:
    f7zmxwmxb65v.jpg
    after:
    rg2v4d2xfx.jpg
This discussion has been closed.