BARBARIANS. we are being oppressed.

Comments

• I_missU - Dreamweaver
    I_missU - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I love you

b:bye medic, bozko...

oh.. another QQ barb thread.
    He doesn't get any drop cuz of random, isn't that mean he's unlucky b:surrender

Barb get first pick in TT, I remember I do tt 2-3, the barb and cleric get antennas and forshuras arm... All I got one giant ape tails and Frenzy lion edge b:cry (and I dont need those mats b:angry)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    QQ
    I got demon quickshot at last b:victoryb:thanks
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Suck it up, Buttercup.

I pay my own repair bills, and drops are either evenly distributed or else go to whoever needs them.

The only reason so many Barbs expect special treatment is because they fail at being a real tank (ie. somebody who is PREPARED and ABLE to suck up massive amounts of damage, rather than just being a passive healing receptacle that expects the Cleric to do all the work), and thus they expect everybody else to take care of them. They're just big furry babies, if you ask me.

Someone asked you? Obviously an oversight.

RedMenace

\not poor, but not particularly wealthy either
    \\Zen-fueled barb
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Repair bills my **** <_<

Being a vit build BM I've been used as a substitute tank in absence of a barb rather a lot. And I take pretty much the exact same damage and charm burn as a barb. So why are my repairs pretty much nothing? Full bh69, mebbe 10k and a tick of the charm tops. Frost run, mebbe 50-60k and 50k ticks. Grinding, repair paid by coins dropped, no ticks. Boss runs for guildies, 1-2k repair.

Either you guys are...
    a) Failing badly.
    b) Running with squads that fail badly.

But in general repair bills are cheap stuff. A skilled cleric will rack up a far higher cost from charm usage than any barb. Trust me, if BM's had decent agro holding skills, you guys would be pretty much wiped from the game.

So suck it up. If you run 3 rebirths, grind 4 hours, do 2 bh's and kill 10 bosses for your faction....then expect to pay for it. Having a spot reserved in most runs and TT's with first pick in drops should make it more than easy to make money.

Oh...and the game favours DD's? Are you serious? DD's get shat on in this game -.- No one will buy a DD a charm, pay their repairs, give them any choice in TT drops, we're seen only as squad filler and kicked at a moments notice. Wheras silly whingy fail-barbs get pampered to bits and offered every single thing they demand.

Here's an idea for *you*.

Quit trying to be a barb, or quit b*tching about your repair costs.

RedMenace

\**** or get off the pot
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    At least they're trying with what they've got. You should be more worried if they had slots with nothing in it, or armor that hasn't been identified. :P

Yea, I've actually seen lvl 80+ chars running around with gears that are unidentified and have no shards. I could see this if they was in pk mode or on Pvp server.. but Pve? really...
    Maybe, but I've seen a barb lv 85 that cant last even 2 minutes against astral in 2-2.b:surrender

You also know a really really good barb.. or 2 b:victory there are some good ones out there!
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited December 2009
    I would think a tanker's repair cost has little to do with tanking, but more to do with DD's damage.
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    .......wow me think you sound very dumb.
    sowwys
    get to level 6X+ and join a respectable faction.
    and see how TT drop orders go.
    (Although me current faction is awesome and drops go to whoever NEEDS it.)
    hooray~
    d(^.-d)

Barbs do not make much money when no participating in TT runs. I don't do TT runs do to lack of a cleric and charms and I never make much money at all. I never have over 500k. I usually have to sell things in the AH to make much as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Syn - Dreamweaver
    Syn - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've worked with good barbs, I've worked with bad barbs. I've heard all the stories about how bad barbs have it..all I can say is, suck it up and reroll if you don't like it. Either way, not my problem.

I've tried out a barb, didn't like it..maybe I'm just partial to venos, bms and clerics.

I've taken to agreeing with Warren's sentiment. If you can't stand the heat, then get outta the kitchen. There are other classes that you can try, but I'm pretty sure if you fail at one you'll fail at them all. Learn your class before you go shooting your mouth off.
  • Zatra - Dreamweaver
    Zatra - Dreamweaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As a barb I haven't had issues with making money. After grinding my money goes up do to selling drops. I make enough money to upgrade my skills and keep my armor upto date to my level as well. I use the cashshop only to buy hp charms and tele essences for RB runs. Other than that is all ingame money, which is easy to get as any character.

You want to complain about making money try rolling a cleric. The barbs repair cost is nothing compaired to the mp cost a cleric goes through.
    Then the cleric has to put up with the BS "tick" complain from the barb.

When i played my cleric and a barb said "tick" during a boss fight or something, i would just do the same thing with my mp charm "tick","tick","tick","tick","tick","tick","tick","tick","tick","tick","tick"
    Most barbs are ignorant to the costs of other characters.

Bottom line is all classes have advantages and disadvantages
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Suck it up, Buttercup.

I pay my own repair bills, and drops are either evenly distributed or else go to whoever needs them.

The only reason so many Barbs expect special treatment is because they fail at being a real tank (ie. somebody who is PREPARED and ABLE to suck up massive amounts of damage, rather than just being a passive healing receptacle that expects the Cleric to do all the work), and thus they expect everybody else to take care of them. They're just big furry babies, if you ask me.

I agree... Had a boss one day I needed and a barbarian came up said he could tank it... He ran up hit it went to beast form took a quarter health loss and bolted down the roadb:bye

Then he pm's me and says why didn't you hit him... A tank is supposed to take aggro and run around in circles while someone else hits it

All I could say to him was STUPIDb:beatupSTUPIDb:beatupSTUPID
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barbs are so spoiled b:chuckle

Beside being one of the the best pvp classes endgame they also get free charms, first pick of loot/drops, always party for frost/TT, free plvl to 99 with rebirth, cookies cuddles and love and everyone is always so grateful.

My barb is only 8X and im terrible (wtf is alarcity of the beastb:question) still i never have to pay wine for bounty hunters, i got XS and tauren cape handed to me from BH party even tho i didn't pay wine and its just MY LOW LVL ALT but BH-parties don't know that they just wanna be nice with the spoiled barb lolol. I also get offered free charms for doing frost and stuff b:chuckle

People are so desperate for tanks in this game you can basically ask for anything you want as a barb. Repair bills aren't really anything compare to clerics mana costs anyway...and who the hell uses hp charms in pve these days.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Beside being one of the the best pvp classes endgame they also get free charms, first pick of loot/drops, always party for frost/TT, free plvl to 99 with rebirth, cookies cuddles and love and everyone is always so grateful.

My barb is only 8X and im terrible (wtf is alarcity of the beastb:question) still i never have to pay wine for bounty hunters, i got XS and tauren cape handed to me from BH party even tho i didn't pay wine and its just MY LOW LVL ALT but BH-parties don't know that they just wanna be nice with the spoiled barb lolol. I also get offered free charms for doing frost and stuff b:chuckle

People are so desperate for tanks in this game you can basically ask for anything you want as a barb. Repair bills aren't really anything compare to clerics mana costs anyway...and who the hell uses hp charms in pve these days.

this definetly shoudlnt be hapening...
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EZlink - Harshlands
    EZlink - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There are other classes ingame, u dont like it, change it

agree
    10 chars
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    seen an archer get stuck with it. also seeen an 80 archer tank percussion in 1-1

Someone kill me before I reroll a barb just so I don't have to deal with suckish barbs. Tanked 2-1 the other day w/ another lv 85 barb that can't hold agro at all. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not complaining but to the people saying other classes have expenses too...

When I used to hit Repair all every time I got to Town in my 50~70s I'd lose 400~500k daily grinding for 5 hours or so. And I'm sure you other classes would lose at most 50k repairing your weapon...

Now make the calcs and add that up for 90 levels...

Again, Im not complaining I farm mats for the whole day (well why Im a barbarian patience is my virtue) and now only repair when my stuff are yellow/red.
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not complaining but to the people saying other classes have expenses too...

When I used to hit Repair all every time I got to Town in my 50~70s I'd lose 400~500k daily grinding for 5 hours or so. And I'm sure you other classes would lose at most 50k repairing your weapon...

Now make the calcs and add that up for 90 levels...

Again, Im not complaining I farm mats for the whole day (well why Im a barbarian patience is my virtue) and now only repair when my stuff are yellow/red.

Not a good idea to repair when equips are yellow/red.

Barb: Opps my equips broke and don't have anything else to use.
    Squad: b:shocked

Boss: -kills barb with broken armor-

~Next 30 seconds: Party Wipe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Wth. Other classes can do just as well and we get completely disregarded. I was in a squad the other day that expected 80k bh69 wine split to "fund a barb". I said "I can tank, I've done it a few times" so the squad leader was like "great let's go, only 70k split then".... to which I reply "If I tank the bh with no problems, shouldn't I deserve free wine as much as your barb?"

They kicked me rofl :P

I didn't want free wine at all really and never would, was just curious why I should pay for doing something just as well as someone else who gets it free.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol, this is turning into a Barb-hate thread, theres tons of those. Lets derail and hate on wizzysb:laugh

But seriously, why the barb hate?b:cry

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Because a lot of the "new" Barbs seem to be Diva's, but then again its not all the Barbs fault.
    The people who WC " free wine for Barbs " are as much if not more to blame for the current trend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this definetly shoudlnt be hapening...

lol, but it s tru b:quiet
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol, this is turning into a Barb-hate thread, theres tons of those. Lets derail and hate on wizzysb:laugh

It's not barb hate. It's just the greedy barbs who expect special treatment and pampering and the idiots who fuel it.

A skilled and decent barb is one of the best things you can have in a party.
  • handsomebwonderful
    handsomebwonderful Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hey. OP here. i didnt think this would go this far.
    i'll disregard half of the responses as either
    1.Hater
    2.talking **** just for the sake of it.
    3.really dont know nothin bout being a barb.

free charms? spoiled?
    wtf game are you guys playing?

now for the record in sanctuary my name is ThatGuyAgain
    i am in SIN
    no one in this game can ever tell you ive failed anything but a gamma.
    ive done BH and FB and TT with a hell of alot of people. im vouched for.
    so this isnt an issue of me "sucking" or being a "spoiled brat who needs to grind for 10283 hours"
    im not a loser. i cant spend 16 hours a day.
    but real talk, this game should be fair.
    i just got done with a BH. killed qianji. the entire route i tanked 99% of every hit. lots of drops dropped. stamps, gear, alot of drops. out of about 60+ drops i got 2. amulet of 8 treasures (1star no adds) and cuisses of antiquity (1star no adds). and i took 99% of the damage remember.

random? our wizzy (who was the dd of that run) and cleric got all the drops.
    they did a great job. we all did. but i got 2 drops worth about .47 pence. i cant even get a damn rootbeer from candy larry.

and i dont know what kinda factions you guys are in where 80 ppl are online and need THE EXACT SAME QUESTS AS YOU DO, but thats a great faction.
    SIN is the best faction ive ever been in. but TT runs only have 6 spots.
    people have lives. i may be smokin a blunt when they ask for a TT run.
    but in WC someone needs a FB. am i sposed to say "oh its not my faction so i cant go" or "nah i only do BH with my faction sorry"
    that would make this impossible. if your faction has somekind of routine to do quests you guys are nerds.

my whole point of starting this thread was to say to my fellow barbs "look at what we get for what we do" not speaking to the fail barbs. i know none.
    im talking to the barbs who grind hard, bust their **** to tank the game, and have to choose between a cheap **** bronze charm or repairing their gear and getting mp pots. yeah we burn thru pots too.

and dont send me no messages ingame unless you sendin me money.

<^> <-middle finger.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    shut the **** up

Barbs are OP

NEXT
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Due to the numerous class specific threads showing up in the General section, all class focused posts will be moved to their appropriate sections.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hey. OP here. i didnt think this would go this far.and i dont know what kinda factions you guys are in where 80 ppl are online and need THE EXACT SAME QUESTS AS YOU DO, but thats a great faction.

<SNIPPED WALL OF TEXT>

my whole point of starting this thread was to say to my fellow barbs "look at what we get for what we do" not speaking to the fail barbs. i know none.
    im talking to the barbs who grind hard, bust their **** to tank the game, and have to choose between a cheap **** bronze charm or repairing their gear and getting mp pots. yeah we burn thru pots too.

To the first part: Yep. I'm in an awesome faction. I'll share that info with them this evening. I'm sure they'll thank you for it.

To the second part: We get what we get. It may not seem fair always, but it is what it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Not a good idea to repair when equips are yellow/red.

Barb: Opps my equips broke and don't have anything else to use.
    Squad: b:shocked

Boss: -kills barb with broken armor-

~Next 30 seconds: Party Wipe

I'm a full vit barb, 200 vit at level 89 b:thanks Most of the times I barely need my equips. b:chuckle
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • SpitBlood - Dreamweaver
    SpitBlood - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree with all your green text except the "you get the most income" part. That's a blatant lie. I had a tank for 73 levels, and it was the most broke-**** character ever. If I EVER had over 100k coins, it was high-rolling for me.

theres something wrong with you then. even prior to purchasing gold, i was well over 200k at lvl 20. earning coin in this game is not that hard.
    b:angry
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i just got done with a BH. killed qianji. the entire route i tanked 99% of every hit.
    and cleric did 100% heals and wizzy 80% of dmg?
    and u know nothing bout other clasess?

srly, re-roll

f.e. as cler:
    pay same or higher mana bills than ur repairs. enjoy full exp loss +50k rez scroll every death (optional +120 for GA b:chuckle )
    also enjoy maxing majority of ur spells otherwise u willl suck as cler

or re-roll as DD
    get 1/3 of invs for runs u get as barb and be screwed in loot share because ur 5th or 6th in pick

one thing over i commiserate with barbs is that they need to have decent armor on lower lvls - starting from 50s
    but this is also time when clers start to max their skills so maybe i dont feel sry for u so much :P
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    theres something wrong with you then. even prior to purchasing gold, i was well over 200k at lvl 20. earning coin in this game is not that hard.

he bound his lvl 30 rank armor. nuff said.

HI ROFLMAOTANK!
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • FrostKiller - Sanctuary
    FrostKiller - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this game is set up against us.
    repair costs are the highest in the game.
    we do not get drops when squad is set on random drops.
    this game favors the DDs and Healers.
    when a mold drops, DO YOU GET IT?
    if someone catches agro on a passable mob cause they suck, WHO GETS THE BLAME?

and we're supposed to be just as needed as the golden clerics right?

we should do something about it.

im just sayin.

repair costs? your a barb what did you expect

random drops? "random", dont think the world is out to get you

favors dds/healers?clerics get mp charm ****. dd's get last pick in tts, meaning they never get GBA/antenna (unless with friends/good fac)

mold?
    fb = tabber,
    free bh = whoever wined it, unless they state its random
    shared cost bh = whoever gets it

who gets the blame? the dumbass that pulled the mob. dont squad with idiots that blame stuff on you for no reason
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I don't know about anyone else here, but i think about half of the people disagreeing were barbs. >.>
    i may be smokin a blunt when they ask for a TT run.

And that might be your problem.b:chuckle

On Topic:

I'll admit repair cost are high, that's the disadvantage to being a tank. You have to pay for mp pots? A lvl 80 barb can do fairly well with Small Mystery pots, it takes like 11(?) Condensed Mystery pots to fill my mp. >.> 11k mp ftw

Also, as a wiz I almost never get anything good from a random TT run. Barb gets first pick, DD.. one of the last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]