BARBARIANS. we are being oppressed.

Comments

• PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You think barbs have it bad? On my cleric, in a squad of 6 I only get drops 1/6th of the time.

Seriously though, suck it up, do a TT run or two
    Exactly why I never squad for grinding/kill quests.
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm a total TT bish. What else do I do all day besides play on alts, TTs, and FFs? You would see me on WC looking for a barb or something for a TT almost every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Of course most of the drops will go to everybody else in your squad.
    Its 5 people, versus 6. Usually you wont get the drop. You will get it sometimes, but not most of the time. If you wanted 5/6 of the drops to go to you that would be stupid and selfish.

And partyanimal stole my applause picture that I spam around.
    many times you get archers that try to steal aggro or use mp skills
    Lol, archers shooting with normal attacks only will get the highest DPS you'll get. Its probably easier for a barb to hold aggro if an archer spams skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Of course most of the drops will go to everybody else in your squad.
    Its 5 people, versus 6. Usually you wont get the drop. You will get it sometimes, but not most of the time. If you wanted 5/6 of the drops to go to you that would be stupid and selfish.

And partyanimal stole my applause picture that I spam around.
    This one?
    applauses.gif
    Then I give you a new pic
    gtfo.gif
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    This one?
    applauses.gif
    Then I give you a new pic
    gtfo.gif

Lol I actually saved that picture....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Thepope - Lost City
    Thepope - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i dont run TT very much at all and i pvp a LOT, so being a barb is expensive. charm **** galore. sounds like op is in my situation (at least on the lack of TT). if you dont want to run TT, you'll have to spend some real life money from time to time for that convenience. if you don't want to run TT and you can't spend any irl money, then barb is definitely not the class for you. pve is boring as hell (slow and expensive grind), rb is costly, everything you do racks up repair bills and sometimes charm costs, and people will constantly bother you to tank stuff you wont want to tank. no doubt, lots of costs are associated with being a barb. TT or cash shop.

but if you raise a barb to 90+ and you're into pvp, you'll be glad you stuck it out.
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lol, archers shooting with normal attacks only will get the highest DPS you'll get. Its probably easier for a barb to hold aggro if an archer spams skills.

Actually I can recall when we used to grind in the Swamp you rarely used regular shots. You always used Mp skills. So I don't know what you really believe about that. On my char, my MP skills are stronger than my regular attacks.

Regards
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this game is set up against us.
    repair costs are the highest in the game.
    we do not get drops when squad is set on random drops.
    Split ftw >_>
    this game favors the DDs and Healers.
    idk what to say to that
    when a mold drops, DO YOU GET IT?
    TABBER
    if someone catches agro on a passable mob cause they suck (depend on the barb to tank), WHO GETS THE BLAME?
    gratz u fail at the point, barbs TANK

and we're supposed to be just as needed as the golden clerics right?
    no1 wants you in squad acording to ur previous point
    we should do something about it.

im just sayin.

yesh........
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As far as random drops...the majority of the time I actually get NO drops. For a few days I got a mold nearly every BH, then I stopped and now if anything drops I'm lucky to get a DQ. b:surrender

I honestly dont think its "Random" i notice the person who does the most damage aka Tanker and main DD has the better chance getting anything good and the cleric who bubbles or what not don't get much....least what i seen in my experiences...

!~DaSheets
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Repair bills my **** <_<

Being a vit build BM I've been used as a substitute tank in absence of a barb rather a lot. And I take pretty much the exact same damage and charm burn as a barb. So why are my repairs pretty much nothing? Full bh69, mebbe 10k and a tick of the charm tops. Frost run, mebbe 50-60k and 50k ticks. Grinding, repair paid by coins dropped, no ticks. Boss runs for guildies, 1-2k repair.

Either you guys are...
    a) Failing badly.
    b) Running with squads that fail badly.

But in general repair bills are cheap stuff. A skilled cleric will rack up a far higher cost from charm usage than any barb. Trust me, if BM's had decent agro holding skills, you guys would be pretty much wiped from the game.

So suck it up. If you run 3 rebirths, grind 4 hours, do 2 bh's and kill 10 bosses for your faction....then expect to pay for it. Having a spot reserved in most runs and TT's with first pick in drops should make it more than easy to make money.

Oh...and the game favours DD's? Are you serious? DD's get shat on in this game -.- No one will buy a DD a charm, pay their repairs, give them any choice in TT drops, we're seen only as squad filler and kicked at a moments notice. Wheras silly whingy fail-barbs get pampered to bits and offered every single thing they demand.
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Repair bills my **** <_<

Being a vit build BM I've been used as a substitute tank in absence of a barb rather a lot. And I take pretty much the exact same damage and charm burn as a barb. So why are my repairs pretty much nothing? Full bh69, mebbe 10k and a tick of the charm tops. Frost run, mebbe 50-60k and 50k ticks. Grinding, repair paid by coins dropped, no ticks. Boss runs for guildies, 1-2k repair.

Either you guys are...
    a) Failing badly.

But in general repair bills are cheap stuff. A skilled cleric will rack up a far higher cost from charm usage than any barb. Trust me, if BM's had decent agro holding skills, you guys would be pretty much wiped from the game.

So suck it up. If you run 3 rebirths, grind 4 hours, do 2 bh's and kill 10 bosses for your faction....then expect to pay for it. Having a spot reserved in most runs and TT's with first pick in drops should make it more than easy to make money.

Oh...and the game favours DD's? No one will buy a DD a charm, pay their repairs, give them any choice in TT drops, we're seen only as squad filler and kicked at a moments notice. Wheras barbs get pampered to bits and offered every single thing they demand.

= Pro. ./End

Great thread, thank you OP for making it. I'm finished now. ^^ Thank you all for the great discussion. Have a good day. :)))

Regards
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well I'm glad rolled archer w/ vit build. I have lost count on how many times I had to tank cuz of the barb not playing his class properly. >.>
    Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!
    Either you guys are...
    a) Failing badly.
    Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him oppressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!

Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him oppressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?
    There is a thing called "too much" sarcasm you knowb:chuckle
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Really?!?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    i ahve been encountering such fail barbs on my BH squads that i rather let the archer or bm tank b:shutup

but i dotn understand WHY SO MANY

b:surrenderheck i had a wizie tanking
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I unclog my nose in your general direction, you son of a window-dresser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o76WQzVJ434
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Only bad barbs get treated like **** becaz they bad barb.
    If you good barb and u get treated like **** leave squad lets see who tanks there bosses thenb:chuckle
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Actually I can recall when we used to grind in the Swamp you rarely used regular shots. You always used Mp skills. So I don't know what you really believe about that. On my char, my MP skills are stronger than my regular attacks.

Regards

Lol, MP skills have a higher damage per hit, but not damage per second.
    And also when grinding the mob lasts for like one second (especially when theres 3 archers barraging it LOL!), but normal shots will get more damage overall in eg 20 seconds+. During bosses i usually use normal attacks.
    Archers and their numbers.
    heck i had a wizie tanking
    Wizards (especially with +100% water/fire/earth resist skills) can actually tank magic bosses really well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Only bad barbs get treated like **** becaz they bad barb.
    If you good barb and u get treated like **** leave squad lets see who tanks there bosses thenb:chuckle
    seen an archer get stuck with it. also seeen an 80 archer tank percussion in 1-1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Wizards (especially with +100% water/fire/earth resist skills) can actually tank magic bosses really well.

....who said magic....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hello all,

Yes repairs are high than other class and i must say to be a good barb its almost impossible to be without any gold charge, those who say im lvl 80 or 90 never spend a real coin, heither they play 10 hours per day or more(dont have a life), and they are on a non pvp server so lees charm wasted more money.

As for lossing agro it not as easy has you DDs think.. but can be done, if you have good ekips and all skills lvl(spend money, real money)..

Finally if they blame you on losing agro dont bother it will always be like taht cause no one like to take the blame of dying...

Final though if you think we are in disavantage change class...
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    most expensive is lowest DD lol

end of topic

btw before mp food my mp cost per TT run was like 2-3x more than barb bill (yes i asked furry friends)

btw! put more points into str/dex = and then go figure why 'thy' hit u for so much

btw2 dont use invoke and altracity, and -most important- leave ur devour on 1 lvl ftw
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    ....if ppl plan to eb bad barbs they should gtfo -_-

i meet 1/10 barbs to be good -.- stupid oraclingb:sad

inm my squads DDs are always good but can cant ewen atack if barb is so weak -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:sad My barb is the most expensive out of my chars b:cute I still love him. So STFU & change class if you can't handle it b:cool
  • Derako - Dreamweaver
    Derako - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah i love Barbs who complain about not getting a mold.

Newsflash there are other classes than a Barb and Cleric.

-Derako
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this game is set up against us.
    repair costs are the highest in the game.
    we do not get drops when squad is set on random drops.
    this game favors the DDs and Healers.
    when a mold drops, DO YOU GET IT?
    if someone catches agro on a passable mob cause they suck, WHO GETS THE BLAME?

and we're supposed to be just as needed as the golden clerics right?

we should do something about it.

im just sayin.

Get over it.

Repairs suck. No doubt. The upside: HUGE HP.

If you're not getting drops, it's randomly not giving you drops.

This game favors those who play their toons well. If you play your barb well no one will cry about the occasional aggro loss, as long as you get it back. No one will cry about missing the occasional alacrity, as long as you get it back.

The thing is, see, you have to know how to play your toon. Every single toon has it's ups and downs. Just go with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Mage classes have it just as bad, if not worse than a barb.

We ALWAYS need decent MP pots. Yeah, we could spend 26 days farming mats and get..what..? /maybe/ a 100 or less.

Some mages/Clerics can use that in one TT run.. r___r
    Without MP Clerics/Wizards are completely useless, as such we always have to have at least 1000 GOOD Mp pots at all times. I personally use Sesame, cheapest + A lot of MP recovery. Now you gotta figure... Sesame at 1k each, doesn't seem like a lot, right? Try buying mutiples of 1000's and see the cost.

Now aday's Sesame are like 2.5k or more.. So I haven't stocked up in awhile... Lmao. xP
    Please, call me Kiyo. b:thanks

"..Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... "
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ugkz7d.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • Bozko - Dreamweaver
    Bozko - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Suck it up, Buttercup.

I pay my own repair bills, and drops are either evenly distributed or else go to whoever needs them.

The only reason so many Barbs expect special treatment is because they fail at being a real tank (ie. somebody who is PREPARED and ABLE to suck up massive amounts of damage, rather than just being a passive healing receptacle that expects the Cleric to do all the work), and thus they expect everybody else to take care of them. They're just big furry babies, if you ask me.

I love you
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I love you

xD

10 char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oh, its the classic who-has-it-worse thread again as well. b:surrender

Overall, each class have it bad in someway, cant do anythingb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-