BARBARIANS. we are being oppressed.

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pfft, Barbs arent expensive, Im glad I rolled a barb, only cost is charms, but repairs, pfft, just go farm mats and sell them and omg look! repair is goneb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Esteban - Dreamweaver
    Esteban - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pfft, Barbs arent expensive, Im glad I rolled a barb, only cost is charms, but repairs, pfft, just go farm mats and sell them and omg look! repair is goneb:laugh

not even charms man.. 1 TT run and a gold charm is pretty much paid off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    not to mention once youre like around 80, you insantly have a free trip to 99 >_>; gamma/delta if you are a semi competent barb :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
    edited December 2009
    not to mention once youre like around 80, you insantly have a free trip to 99 >_>; gamma/delta if you are a semi competent barb :|

Nah, you need to be a smart barb for RB, otherwise you dont get RBs and ppl ragebearb:angry on youb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Suck it up, Buttercup.

I pay my own repair bills, and drops are either evenly distributed or else go to whoever needs them.

The only reason so many Barbs expect special treatment is because they fail at being a real tank (ie. somebody who is PREPARED and ABLE to suck up massive amounts of damage, rather than just being a passive healing receptacle that expects the Cleric to do all the work), and thus they expect everybody else to take care of them. They're just big furry babies, if you ask me.
    now while I love that argurment, I must ask 1 simple question:
    do you tank "just to tank" or do you tank "when you need to"?

Here's examples:
    FB51, Fushma: personally I can pocket-tank him, and I have done it for a while, a few barbs I have run with love to just take agro and get hit by fushma when mobs are coming (gotta love walkers..) do you do that? <This is a just-to-tank moment.

FB51, Wyvern: This I can't take at all, even on my best day with negs to channeling so my casting is VERY fast. <This is a HAVE to tank moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acidsky
    acidsky Posts: 3
    edited December 2009
    ..... what are these charms you keep mentioning?

Im a barb that has nvr used chams and i get off fine, one huge expense i dont live with and it keeps the money coming in cause ya im a barb im a tt *****.

i do feel bad for dd classes, because i pick them last, if i can do a 4 man run on a tt with just me a veno and clerics hell ya im going, wizzy and archers always come last
    edited December 2009
    now while I love that argurment, I must ask 1 simple question:
    do you tank "just to tank" or do you tank "when you need to"?

Here's examples:
    FB51, Fushma: personally I can pocket-tank him, and I have done it for a while, a few barbs I have run with love to just take agro and get hit by fushma when mobs are coming (gotta love walkers..) do you do that? <This is a just-to-tank moment.

FB51, Wyvern: This I can't take at all, even on my best day with negs to channeling so my casting is VERY fast. <This is a HAVE to tank moment.

I do this sometimes if no communication is made. Sometimes Hercs (or other tank pet) die off and wipe a few members if they are squishy and grab aggro instantly after the tank pet dies. But this is from a TT perspective as well b:surrender

>________>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    BM: 1 VIT = Max HP +15
    Barb: 1 VIT = Max HP +17

- http://perfectworldinternational.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Class_Traits

X_Trigger_X - amazingly great barb btw. Compensated for my lack of knowledge at the time when we were often squaded together.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I do this sometimes if no communication is made. Sometimes Hercs (or other tank pet) die off and wipe a few members if they are squishy and grab aggro instantly after the tank pet dies. But this is from a TT perspective as well b:surrender

>________>
    I use a shaodu to tank, but never in TT. I was refering to normal mobs and bosses
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    I use a shaodu to tank, but never in TT. I was refering to normal mobs and bosses

Im lazy to tank, I let my turtle tank.b:cute

On Topic: For the most part, yea lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this game is set up against us.
    repair costs are the highest in the game.
    we do not get drops when squad is set on random drops.
    this game favors the DDs and Healers.
    when a mold drops, DO YOU GET IT?
    if someone catches agro on a passable mob cause they suck, WHO GETS THE BLAME?

and we're supposed to be just as needed as the golden clerics right?

we should do something about it.

im just sayin.
    gtfo.gif
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hello. This is my opinion only:

Your repair costs are related to how much abuse you allow your gear to take before you repair and this also depends on how you level. Heavy armor has the highest endurance to balance the cost to repair ratio. My repair is not ever above 10 k in the worst possible scenario. That is because I repair my gear every time I talk to an npc which allows me to do so. I see many barbs with broken gear when I inspect them . They wait for too long between repairs.

If you are referencing the damage you take in Rebirth, it is expensive for all players in their own way.

I believe all players could lay claim to the same experience. Random is random.

I'm not quite sure about that. When I can't progress through the game it's because I don't have a barb or healer. I retired from healing because I became to hate it. It was too expensive to grind and people treated my like garbage.

For example. Recently I helped a fellow archer kill some mobs. This user was a member from a popular faction. He was killed because he wasnt paying attention. I went against my better judgment logged on to my healer and revived him. Afterwards he asked me to do several things on my healer and once he asked me to come inside FB69 to revive someone. I explained I don't really play my healer, I don't like too and I prefer not too. He removed me from his friends list immediately. People expect you do do whatever they want you too when they want you to do it. I was unable to play my healer without getting harassed about this kind of stuff. I quit my healer because I play for fun and it wasn't fun anymore, I could not grind and I could not level and I got tired of it. So I said my goodbyes and started a new char.

I can sympathize with this in one regard because most parties just hurry though everything without any thought of what the barb has to do. They don't wait for the barb to hold aggro first. No you get healers attacking, wizzards attacking, venos hitting mobs before their pet, taking aggro and many times you get archers that try to steal aggro or use mp skills and don't wait for the barb to try and get aggro first. I personally never heard of anyone attacking a barb for getting themselves by passable mobs. If someone tried this I would dis-agree with them and inform them it is not the barbs fault.

In my squads, I assist attack the barb after I see the aggro hold skill. Many times they don't even use it or try. So I just attack and usually the mob is dead 1 second before it hits me or as I get hit. Archers get blamed for this alot. If I see a veno pull aggro I hit the mob quickly and pull it onto myself. Do other archers do that I don't know. I do because I protect my squad members and sometimes get blamed for it afterwards. A lot of healers don't heal you, if your an archer many people flip the attitude, don't pull aggro, or deal less damage or if you want aggro that bad then you can have it or your on your own. There are some poor archers who like to pull aggro or want too. There is no good archer that wants mobs thrashing them. Archers get a lot of hate from this.

Nearly every shout for gamma is someone asking for a barb. BB squads wait for barb or healer. I know mine do. I can kill Fushma with a single healer the same as a barb. I can't kill Wyvern. Every time I get stuck in the game it's because I don't have a barb or healer.

Agree.

I agree some barbs are exactly that. They don't even TRY to hold aggro. I wait for them to use the skill before attacking, giving them a chance to attempt to do their job. IF they dont then it looks like im not doing anything, if I attack with normal shots I get scolded for pulling aggro. I agree with you.

I also agree with other responses. You do have a choice actually. All classes have benefits and drawbacks. If your unhappy with your class or whats going on and maybe the game is not fun anymore then play another class and wear their shoes or play another game. Those are your options. You have complete control over what you do, Do what you need to do to make the game fun for you.

Regards

Rest assured, we never TRY to pull aggro. It happens. If barbs did their job right, we could do ours right. Our job is to deal damage. More and more we are asked to hold back, not hit so hard.

A few days ago in a FB I was told to quit doing so much damage. I was only using normal attack, not even a skill. Only thing "less" I can do is QUIT hitting. DD's as it was said are always at the bottom of the drop chain. We get all the **** no1 else wants. Oppressed.. I think not.

OP.. reroll other chars. I have 5 out of the 6. Archer is by far my favorite. But they all have expenses.
    edited December 2009
    If a DD pulls aggro, just use Flesh Ream. Its not hard playing a Barb >:PPP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited December 2009
    If a DD pulls aggro, just use Flesh Ream. Its not hard playing a Barb >:PPP
    The hard part is in caneling boss AoE's b:shocked
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I get drops on random, even if that was an over exaggeration.
    If you play with people you enjoy and trust, they won't **** you over when it comes to drops. My friends are constantly offering me extra ****. Don't want it. b:angry

I love playing as a barb, regardless of costs, even if sometimes people don't appreciate it.. but I suppose every class feels under appreciated at one point or another.
    edited December 2009
    The hard part is in caneling boss AoE's b:shocked

At first yea, but usually after awhile, you get a notion of when to do it lol

For aggro, I have the genie skill Alpha Male in case I fail at getting aggro in timeb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barbs are ***holes, they deserve to be.

okay but dont ask me or any other barb to tank something for you and gl finding good enough bms as a herc has its limits

now on topic

cant really say much more that isnt already said

just learn to make money and dont QQ at others that they should pay your repairs by giving you molds and such
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
    edited December 2009
    At first yea, but usually after awhile, you get a notion of when to do it lol

For aggro, I have the genie skill Alpha Male in case I fail at getting aggro in timeb:cry
    Im still not used to it b:surrender
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well I'm glad rolled archer w/ vit build. I have lost count on how many times I had to tank cuz of the barb not playing his class properly. >.>

Barb: oops I died. (in a few hits)
    Squad: b:shocked
    Boss: Hmm. Who should I kill next? -hits on Cae-
    Cae: eeks. Must last for cleric to ress the barb. b:surrender

Sucks being DDs sometimes since its harder to get into squads and get suckish drops. I die most of the time from stealing agro or playing "barb" cuz we have none or just plain sucks. b:lipcurl And of course repair bill goes up there too.

Arrows isn't a much of a problem for me since I use the cheap woven fang arrows. What I have problems with is getting enough mp pots for general use and for Barrages(FF, zhen, RB, and etc.).

After coming back from 6 month break/quit, quality of "competent" barbs has gone down the drain. Seen many barbs with "****" armor (normal armor with bad add ons or missing elementals) with "****" gems (average, mag. def, phys. def, etc).

But since this is a "barbs has it bad" thread, I won't go onto other classes and the problems I've seen. And yea barbs does have it bad if they cant play their class right and can't handle the stress of being high on demand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
    edited December 2009
    Well I'm glad rolled archer w/ vit build. I have lost count on how many times I had to tank cuz of the barb not playing his class properly. >.>

Barb: oops I died. (in a few hits)
    Squad: b:shocked
    Boss: Hmm. Who should I kill next? -hits on Cae-
    Cae: eeks. Must last for cleric to ress the barb. b:surrender

Sucks being DDs sometimes since its harder to get into squads and get suckish drops. I die most of the time from stealing agro or playing "barb" cuz we have none or just plain sucks. b:lipcurl And of course repair bill goes up there too.

Arrows isn't a much of a problem for me since I use the cheap woven fang arrows. What I have problems with is getting enough mp pots for general use and for Barrages(FF, zhen, RB, and etc.).

After coming back from 6 month break/quit, quality of "competent" barbs has gone down the drain. Seen many barbs with "****" armor (normal armor with bad add ons or missing elementals) with "****" gems (average, mag. def, phys. def, etc).

But since this is a "barbs has it bad" thread, I won't go onto other classes and the problems I've seen. And yea barbs does have it bad if they cant play their class right and can't handle the stress of being high on demand.

Indeed, usually I handle ok, sometimes its hard getting aggro back if an archer or wizzy sparks and spams spams spams moves of pwnsomeness.

Side Note: DDs like to test the Barb out on purpose too...b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    At least they're trying with what they've got. You should be more worried if they had slots with nothing in it, or armor that hasn't been identified. :P
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Im lazy to tank, I let my turtle tank.b:cute

On Topic: For the most part, yea lol
    that made no sense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Indeed, usually I handle ok, sometimes its hard getting aggro back if an archer or wizzy sparks and spams spams spams moves of pwnsomeness.

Side Note: DDs like to test the Barb out on purpose too...b:cry

Yea, I do do it on purpose to the point it becomes a habit.It keeps the clerics/barb awake and tells me if the barb, cleric, and squad is any good or not. I am seriously picky on who joins the squads I make (for TTs and FFs mostly).

Although, I do know my limits on how far I can steal agro. Hell, I even carry 3 other bows with me just to watch my own agro.

What I spam my atks is my macro of normal atk w/ demon take aim. Close ranged is mostly wingspan and winged pledge. I really dont care if I steal agro on normal mobs. I can take the hits fine if the cleric bothers to heal me. I mostly spark for heals and DDing during bosses. If I die, then its my own fault for taking agro for thinking that I can take it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

edited December 2009
    that made no sense
    Wasn't supposed too.
    edited December 2009
    that made no sense

I meant for bosses outside TT, FF, Lunar and suchb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    At least they're trying with what they've got. You should be more worried if they had slots with nothing in it, or armor that hasn't been identified. :P

Try a lv 80 barb with under 10k hp that can't do 1-3 on drum, soulbanisher, and that armor guy with "****" armor and shards. Nor knowing/haveing what invoke/turtle is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

edited December 2009
    Try a lv 80 barb with under 10k hp that can't do 1-3 on drum, soulbanisher, and that armor guy with "****" armor and shards. Nor knowing/haveing what invoke/turtle.

Ouch, thats a nightmare..b:shocked

Oracle noob probably >:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Maybe, but I've seen a barb lv 85 that cant last even 2 minutes against astral in 2-2.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

edited December 2009
    Maybe, but I've seen a barb lv 85 that cant last even 2 minutes against astral in 2-2.b:surrender
    lolwtf
    applauses.gif
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You think barbs have it bad? On my cleric, in a squad of 6 I only get drops 1/6th of the time.

Seriously though, suck it up, do a TT run or two
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric