BARBARIANS. we are being oppressed.

handsomebwonderful
handsomebwonderful Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Barbarian
this game is set up against us.
repair costs are the highest in the game.
we do not get drops when squad is set on random drops.
this game favors the DDs and Healers.
when a mold drops, DO YOU GET IT?
if someone catches agro on a passable mob cause they suck, WHO GETS THE BLAME?

and we're supposed to be just as needed as the golden clerics right?

we should do something about it.

im just sayin.
Post edited by handsomebwonderful on

Comments

• Diskus - Sanctuary
    Diskus - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yes, you are oppressed, now go back to the kitchen. b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    repair costs are the highest in the game. True but you get the most income.
    we do not get drops when squad is set on random drops.see above point.
    this game favors the DDs and Healers. this game favors Barbs, Clerics, and venos.
    when a mold drops, DO YOU GET IT? Yes Tanks get the mold........it's called a faction....ever hear of them?
    if someone catches agro on a passable mob cause they suck, WHO GETS THE BLAME? noone.....especially not the barb.....you hang around with dumb people.

and we're supposed to be just as needed as the golden clerics right?your not.....wizards can tank certain bosses better and BMs can replace you guys occasionally.

we should do something about it. Fix it yourself...join a decent faction.....

im just sayin.

.......wow me think you sound very dumb.
    sowwys
    get to level 6X+ and join a respectable faction.
    and see how TT drop orders go.
    (Although me current faction is awesome and drops go to whoever NEEDS it.)
    hooray~
    d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited December 2009

im just sayin.

reroll

/10char
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sowwys
    hooray~
    d(^.-d)

I agree with all your green text except the "you get the most income" part. That's a blatant lie. I had a tank for 73 levels, and it was the most broke-**** character ever. If I EVER had over 100k coins, it was high-rolling for me.
    edited December 2009
    I agree with all your green text except the "you get the most income" part. That's a blatant lie. I had a tank for 73 levels, and it was the most broke-**** character ever. If I EVER had over 100k coins, it was high-rolling for me.

b:shocked
    TT drop order typically goes Tank then Cleric Then Subber.
    or did subber come first then tank then cleric?

ah well.....either way Tank is up there and DD are always last.
    b:sadb:surrender

well all that changes in a decent faction.
    also me usually drop a few thousand coins when we do RB and such to the barb.
    (only if he does a good job.....if he makes me tank then he better pay up since me need more then just armor and stuff to survive.....apot pots, event pots, etc)
    b:angry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    TT drop order typically goes Tank then Cleric Then Subber.
    or did subber come first then tank then cleric?

ah well.....either way Tank is up there and DD are always last.
    b:sadb:surrender

well all that changes in a decent faction.
    also me usually drop a few thousand coins when we do RB and such to the barb.
    (only if he does a good job.....if he makes me tank then he better pay up since me need more then just armor and stuff to survive.....apot pots, event pots, etc)
    b:angry

For most TTs if it's drop order split, barbs don't get THAT much more because the most expensive mats are sold and split between all. And with repair costs, it's not a lot.

I've had barbs tell me that it's required of them to charge zen to stay afloat with money because they're so expensive. Although that's not true, they still are expensive classes.

As far as random drops...the majority of the time I actually get NO drops. For a few days I got a mold nearly every BH, then I stopped and now if anything drops I'm lucky to get a DQ. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barbs can:

Lure in Zhen w/o charm while getting full share of loot.
    Run faster than any other class.
    Swim faster than any other class.
    Get positions in squads more than any other class.
    Get better TT drops than any other class (big scam on some TTs).
    Die less often than any other class by invisible mobs / ambushes.
    Get more HP per Vit than any other class.
    Get the second best benefits of Dex.
    Get lower prices for skill books because of the low ratio of Barbs.
    Easily get in RBs.
    Get invited to FF/FC at much lower levels than any other class.

I'm sure I'm missing stuff. If anything, barbs have it too good. If I didn't find playing a Barb boring, I would myself. That's the problem though: playing barbs is boring. They're far from being oppressed.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Suck it up, Buttercup.

I pay my own repair bills, and drops are either evenly distributed or else go to whoever needs them.

The only reason so many Barbs expect special treatment is because they fail at being a real tank (ie. somebody who is PREPARED and ABLE to suck up massive amounts of damage, rather than just being a passive healing receptacle that expects the Cleric to do all the work), and thus they expect everybody else to take care of them. They're just big furry babies, if you ask me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited December 2009
    Suck it up, Buttercup.

I pay my own repair bills, and drops are either evenly distributed or else go to whoever needs them.

The only reason so many Barbs expect special treatment is because they fail at being a real tank (ie. somebody who is PREPARED and ABLE to suck up massive amounts of damage, rather than just being a passive healing receptacle that expects the Cleric to do all the work), and thus they expect everybody else to take care of them. They're just big furry babies, if you ask me.

^THIS!
    WE NEED MOAR WARRENWOLFIES IN OUR SERVER~!!!
    b:angryb:angryb:angry
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'd like to clarify: I never have and never will expect preferential treatment as a tank. However, we don't make as much money as other classes due to repair bills. Maybe by TT-ing all day, but that gets old after a while.

But hey, that's why I'm a mage now.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sowwys
    hooray~
    d(^.-d)

barbs qqing again. bms tank just as much as u guys, in tts bms sometimes completly tank.

archers dont get their arrows paid for them.

lastly, qq more. b:laugh
  • JediPandaX - Sanctuary
    JediPandaX - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Suck it up, Buttercup.

That is a TANK! too bad he is 1of maybe 5 goods ones.... and he is ours hands off!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The Phantom Zone of ultimate MaDdNeSs is A ROOM WTH A MOOSE!
  • Reylenn - Sanctuary
    Reylenn - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I must say, your Faction really sucks mate. I do basically all my TTs, FBs, BHs etc with my faction, and our Officers keep it very fair. We almost always get any mirages, and often TT mats, simply to pay for our repair costs.
    Yeah we get hit the most, but that's kind of our job mate b:laugh
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not usually the type of guy todo stuff like that, but...

Dude, QQ moar. Every class as it's ups and downs. Live with your class choice. Don't like it? Reroll.

- repair costs are the highest in the game.
    Not gonna argue that one, I know barbs have a high repair bill. But I'm a BM and I tank too. My repair bills go high as well.

- we do not get drops when squad is set on random drops.
    Because they're, you know, random. I don't get them either in general.

- this game favors the DDs and Healers.
    In a game where being a DD gets you little to no respect from tank/healer combos... wouldn't say so. I'm sorry, but we have to admit: these two generally think they're entitled to everything because they're needed. (Should be noted that this doesn't apply to every tank and cleric out there, thankfully!)

- when a mold drops, DO YOU GET IT?
    Not often. Key word: random. If you want a mold, wine the run and claim all drops.

- if someone catches agro on a passable mob cause they suck, WHO GETS THE BLAME?
    Whoever aggroed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Undine - Dreamweaver
    Undine - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Suck it up, Buttercup.

Buying barbs like you on Dreamweaver server. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I must say, your Faction really sucks mate. I do basically all my TTs, FBs, BHs etc with my faction, and our Officers keep it very fair. We almost always get any mirages, and often TT mats, simply to pay for our repair costs.
    Yeah we get hit the most, but that's kind of our job mate b:laugh

Hi Reyb:byeb:cute
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • BloodSavior - Dreamweaver
    BloodSavior - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009

im just sayin.

every time i squad with a barb they get more drops then me so that point there is just cause you got **** luck
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LMAO since you wanna qq about barbs lets see what DD (Squishies) Go through

1. We die the most, so we lose the most exp
    2. When we are in squads with fail Barbs like you we get super high repair bills because we have to tank cuz u cant and we lose our gear faster
    3. We are never needed in squads because...we are not needed
    4. WE are blamed when you fail barbs lose aggro because "U NEED TO CONTROL YOUR DAMAGE OR ALL OF US ARE GONNA DIE" or other QQs like that
    5. We have hard times leveling too, when your busy whining you cant kill the mobs fast enough, we have to worry about killing it fast enough that we dont DIE in the process
    6. We spend both MP and HP charms faster while Tanks usually spend HP charms
    7. We are dirt poor, between the skills we need to buy and the charms, not 2 mention equips, we barely have 30k after the end of everything and the only reason that isnt used is because the skill prices are much higher now
    8. We barely get drops, we are last on the drops food chain

THose are the things I can think of off the top of my head, and u dont hear every DD saying "OMG WE ARE OPPRESSED" So suck it up u furry baby and take it like the rest of us XD
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Genosuke - Heavens Tear
    Genosuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There are other classes ingame, u dont like it, change it
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Kid, have you even so much as played a DD? Stop your complaining. Us squishies are too busy stealing aggro from fail tanks and having to spend money to get our TT items cause we almost never get the good drops, not to mention attacking things quickly enough before they kill us, just to hear someone like you QQ about how your class is hard. Maybe I should go QQ about how hard my class is, but I'm not. Why? cause I made the choice to go with this class, and i'm sticking with it. Why don't you try all the classes to see how hard they are before you come onto the forums to QQ your eyes out.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Kid, have you even so much as played a DD? Stop your complaining. Us squishies are too busy stealing aggro from fail tanks and having to spend money to get our TT items cause we almost never get the good drops, not to mention attacking things quickly enough before they kill us, just to hear someone like you QQ about how your class is hard. Maybe I should go QQ about how hard my class is, but I'm not. Why? cause I made the choice to go with this class, and i'm sticking with it. Why don't you try all the classes to see how hard they are before you come onto the forums to QQ your eyes out.

wall of text >.> and secondly i already mentioned this XD
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Hello. This is my opinion only:
    Repair costs are the highest in the game.

Your repair costs are related to how much abuse you allow your gear to take before you repair and this also depends on how you level. Heavy armor has the highest endurance to balance the cost to repair ratio. My repair is not ever above 10 k in the worst possible scenario. That is because I repair my gear every time I talk to an npc which allows me to do so. I see many barbs with broken gear when I inspect them . They wait for too long between repairs.

If you are referencing the damage you take in Rebirth, it is expensive for all players in their own way.
    We do not get drops when squad is set on random drops.

I believe all players could lay claim to the same experience. Random is random.

I'm not quite sure about that. When I can't progress through the game it's because I don't have a barb or healer. I retired from healing because I became to hate it. It was too expensive to grind and people treated my like garbage.

For example. Recently I helped a fellow archer kill some mobs. This user was a member from a popular faction. He was killed because he wasnt paying attention. I went against my better judgment logged on to my healer and revived him. Afterwards he asked me to do several things on my healer and once he asked me to come inside FB69 to revive someone. I explained I don't really play my healer, I don't like too and I prefer not too. He removed me from his friends list immediately. People expect you do do whatever they want you too when they want you to do it. I was unable to play my healer without getting harassed about this kind of stuff. I quit my healer because I play for fun and it wasn't fun anymore, I could not grind and I could not level and I got tired of it. So I said my goodbyes and started a new char.

If someone catches agro on a passable mob cause they suck, WHO GETS THE BLAME?

I can sympathize with this in one regard because most parties just hurry though everything without any thought of what the barb has to do. They don't wait for the barb to hold aggro first. No you get healers attacking, wizzards attacking, venos hitting mobs before their pet, taking aggro and many times you get archers that try to steal aggro or use mp skills and don't wait for the barb to try and get aggro first. I personally never heard of anyone attacking a barb for getting themselves by passable mobs. If someone tried this I would dis-agree with them and inform them it is not the barbs fault.

In my squads, I assist attack the barb after I see the aggro hold skill. Many times they don't even use it or try. So I just attack and usually the mob is dead 1 second before it hits me or as I get hit. Archers get blamed for this alot. If I see a veno pull aggro I hit the mob quickly and pull it onto myself. Do other archers do that I don't know. I do because I protect my squad members and sometimes get blamed for it afterwards. A lot of healers don't heal you, if your an archer many people flip the attitude, don't pull aggro, or deal less damage or if you want aggro that bad then you can have it or your on your own. There are some poor archers who like to pull aggro or want too. There is no good archer that wants mobs thrashing them. Archers get a lot of hate from this.

We're supposed to be just as needed as the golden clerics right? we should do something about it. Im just sayin.

Nearly every shout for gamma is someone asking for a barb. BB squads wait for barb or healer. I know mine do. I can kill Fushma with a single healer the same as a barb. I can't kill Wyvern. Every time I get stuck in the game it's because I don't have a barb or healer.
    tweakz wrote: »
    Barbs can:
    Lure in Zhen w/o charm while getting full share of loot.
    Run faster than any other class.
    Swim faster than any other class.
    Get positions in squads more than any other class.
    Get better TT drops than any other class (big scam on some TTs).
    Die less often than any other class by invisible mobs / ambushes.
    Get more HP per Vit than any other class.
    Get the second best benefits of Dex.
    Get lower prices for skill books because of the low ratio of Barbs.
    Easily get in RBs.
    Get invited to FF/FC at much lower levels than any other class.

Agree.

Suck it up, Buttercup.

The only reason so many Barbs expect special treatment is because they fail at being a real tank (ie. somebody who is PREPARED and ABLE to suck up massive amounts of damage, rather than just being a passive healing receptacle that expects the Cleric to do all the work), and thus they expect everybody else to take care of them.

I agree some barbs are exactly that. They don't even TRY to hold aggro. I wait for them to use the skill before attacking, giving them a chance to attempt to do their job. IF they dont then it looks like im not doing anything, if I attack with normal shots I get scolded for pulling aggro. I agree with you.

I also agree with other responses. You do have a choice actually. All classes have benefits and drawbacks. If your unhappy with your class or whats going on and maybe the game is not fun anymore then play another class and wear their shoes or play another game. Those are your options. You have complete control over what you do, Do what you need to do to make the game fun for you.

Regards
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    wall of text >.> and secondly i already mentioned this XD

I know. I just find that good things usually have to be said twice just for them to stick XD That and i'm posting from a Wii, so I really tend to just skip across posts.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear
    Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Don't bother playing PWI if you're always so full of QQing about your char.

Just quit. Now.

Not like you're going to get anywhere with that self-indulging attitude anyway.
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    @ tweakz.....
    i only read fist page so i dunno if sumone said anything..but im pretty sure BMs get the most HP per Vit point not barbs....

i read that sumwhere lol so hopefully it was right so i dont come across as dumb hahah
    we get 15hp per vit...what do barbs get??
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I get 17 or 18hp per vit, can't remember. Yeah tanks are expensive, but learn to cope, go farm mats, do TT runs. If I wasn't so lazy with farming and TT runs I could easily make 5 or 6mill coins a day.

Basically, learn how to make money or roll another class.

And I could swear when I rolled a wizzy and cleric, they were more expensive to run than this toon. Maybe I just failed at being them 2 classes ^.^

As for blaming who aggroes what, learn how to hold several mobs at once - works wonders b:bye
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Buying barbs like you on Dreamweaver server. b:surrender

Too hard to find em... I just ran a TT 2-2 with a lvl 97 that was complaining that his charm ticked 4 times in the run. The cleric had been BB-ing every cluster, the other venos and I were burning through pet food because we had to keep pulling and the pet couldn't last. I don't even know how much cost the archer had. I lost .6 exp (not much, but I lvl slow, and that's huge to me at this point) because the fool didn't know how to CATCH PULLED FREAKING MOBS. b:angryb:cryb:angry

You want to be treated better? Do your job. I'm the cleric's meatshield that doesn't get healed, and a spark dispenser because everyone screams for it, and if I don't, I get kicked. You can get free runs because people are lazy/stupid and think they can't do stuff without a barb.

I wish we had barbs like Wolfy on DW...even just a few. I'd take one. ^^
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • TruffleLove - Heavens Tear
    TruffleLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barbs are ***holes, they deserve to be.
  • Esteban - Dreamweaver
    Esteban - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    brb doing BH 69
    OMG MOLD DROP!
    OMG I GOT!

brb running TTs on 2x drop.
    OMG 3 skins, 2 shard of broken armor, 6 mirages, 2 broken drums just for me? OMG!

brb spending 3.2m on expensive **** gold

OMG LUNAR ORNAMENT!

OMG 60M IN 1 CLICK!

since day 1 of HL i have never been broke in this game and have never spent 1 cent..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In every FB/BH/TT or whatever i stay on the Tank. If there's more then 2 clercs i ask which one of us stays on Tank.

My main concern is keeping the tank alive, then the party, cause when tank dies, so usually does party.

Do i whine about my mp charms ticking ? no.
    Do i whine when the barb runs off before us and i have to holy to keep up? no.
    Do i whine when he gets the first pick in TT ? no.

Every class has it's ups & downs, every class experiences mishaps, bad pulls, or whatever is out there.

If barbs do their jobs right, they're one of the most earning classes out there. So complaining about "repair costs" or the occasional "drop" you don't get in your invent is bullcrap.