Bm loosing its awsomeness

Comments

• IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Whats the problem with that ? Aslong as they are a nice person to have in the Faction who care's how they build or play their character.
    Its a game, so its all about having fun. If thats how they choose to have fun good luck to them

There's a fine line between 'having fun' and 'ruining the game for others'. A robe bowbarian going in as the only tank (for example) is going to waste the rest of the squad's time. A FAC going into a group as the only cleric is wasting the rest of the squad's time if she doesn't tell anyone. Of course, anything, say, level 80 in a low level FB is going to work... I'm talking about close to the same level BH/FBs.

And how they play their character... would you like to squad with a wizzie or archer 10 levels above you (if you were tanking) that don't know how to manage damage? Or a barb that doesn't know flesh ream? Do you /want/ to hear, "Oops, I crited 5 times before you got the boss' HP down blow 95%."?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think you misunderstood since I cant really see where anyone has mentioned "Helping the helper"

What I ment, to make it clear is :

If they are half decent they will form the squad from within their own ranks to help any class out

Ie: If a Wiz/Bm/Bowbarian etc needed a TT, a decent faction would form a Squad to help him/her. Regardless of what people view as the "norm needed" classes for TT

Yeah but then again, the one who is being helped has nothing to do with the actual run other than being there. So, if I make a Bowbarian and some ppl help me with my fb19, they don't care what I do. Might be different in TT, but still.

In the topic: awesomeness? Yeah right. Being a group controller is really funny and AOE grinding is so funny (and easy) that I almost laugh. Almost. But not quite.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • _ShOt_ - Lost City
    _ShOt_ - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok i want to discuss something about bms. The expansion is coming soon and it kinda pisses me off now that thier is a new race and to tell u why is because when the new race is out what is the point of a Bm now. i looked at al the tideborns skills and now that i see them bms are toataly useless now.Every class in PWI IS NoW OVERPOWERING THEM. the tideborns now have longer stuns and awsome aoes along with fast DD skills and on top of that we have a new mag dmg class and thats the last thing we need if ur a bm. i just want ur opinion on this topic.

b:nosebleed I smelled someone QQing, and my nose led me to this thread, which yet again proves my nose is always right...

...or is it my 6th sense? b:question

Anyways, don't QQ about this new expansion until you know what the effect of it is. I don't think the BM will be useless, since the Assassin is mainly a DD class, and the Psychic is mainly focused on DD/assisting in combat.

I believe the new race will be actually good for BMs, since the Psychic can make them almost as hard to kill as a barb, while they can still preserve their DD qualities, making the barbs actually get worth less (mind you, I'm not saying worthless, just worth less), because they might be hard to kill, but have the lowest damage output in-game.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic] <----*sigh*... Summer... :\
    "Even on the most beautiful throne in the world you sit with your ****." ~Michel de Montaigne

Every individual music instrument is like a person.
    Every individual music instrument has a different personality
    Every individual music instrument has a different voice.
    Every individual music instrument has a different face.
    Every individual music instrument has a different dialect.
    Every individual music instrument uses different words.
    And the type of music is the language it speaks.
    There is no 'best' type of music instrument, and if you think there is, then you're racist, because it's just like saying there is a 'best' skin-color or nationality.
    Even though bass guitar rules all.

Heheh, I like the way my sig usually takes up more space than my post :3
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There's a fine line between 'having fun' and 'ruining the game for others'. A robe bowbarian going in as the only tank (for example) is going to waste the rest of the squad's time. A FAC going into a group as the only cleric is wasting the rest of the squad's time if she doesn't tell anyone. Of course, anything, say, level 80 in a low level FB is going to work... I'm talking about close to the same level BH/FBs.

It doesnt ruin the game for others. Since if they had any sense they wouldnt join a squad as the tank.

If someone wants to play an arcane Bowbarian thats fine... you wouldnt expect him to be the tank, whoever does would be a fool.

Ofc Im not saying they wouldnt nerf themselves as a class or to what they can do, thats pretty much a given. Aslong as they are upfront about their adnormal build then I cant see a problem tbh
    And how they play their character... would you like to squad with a wizzie or archer 10 levels above you (if you were tanking) that don't know how to manage damage? Or a barb that doesn't know flesh ream? Do you /want/ to hear, "Oops, I crited 5 times before you got the boss' HP down blow 95%."?

That can and does happen with people who have built their characters to the norm. Building a char to a guide doesnt mean they know how to play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    It doesnt ruin the game for others. Since if they had any sense they wouldnt join a squad as the tank.

If someone wants to play an arcane Bowbarian thats fine... you wouldnt expect him to be the tank, whoever does would be a fool.

Ofc Im not saying they wouldnt nerf themselves as a class or to what they can do, thats pretty much a given. Aslong as they are upfront about their adnormal build then I cant see a problem tbh

That can and does happen with people who have built their characters to the norm. Building a char to a guide doesnt mean they know how to play it.

Oh, I wasn't connecting playstyle and build-- I was saying that if people play stupidly (or weird), or build weird and don't tell anyone, they ARE ruining the game for others...

You gotta know how to play like others expect of you. Everything else, all the fun, can come after you've done your BH/FBs/Whatever. If you can't be even close to what others expect, don't expect to get a good squad.

And ones that aren't upfront was more what I was saying. I've seen several Clerics on the forums that don't tell anyone that they're a FAC-- they seem to hold some contempt that people can't guess their build (even though we can't see what skills they've leveled). That's more like what I was saying. And I know that I don't check out people's gear when they join-- I expect them to be half decent and what I was asking for. If I want a barb, I want a tank. If I want a cleric, I want a healer. It's commonly accepted that those are the roles...

But yeah, people that will tell everyone that they aren't playing their class the way it's commonly accepted, I don't really care. *shrugs*
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lol. "loosing its awsomeness"

Do that over a toilet. Please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Noob - Heavens Tear
    Noob - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The way I see it, BM is a mix between Barb and Assassin. Not quite as strong as an Assassin but better defense. Not quite as a tank as a barbarian is, but higher attack power.
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    B M s S U C K ! nothing new... just don't roll that lame class // end of discusion.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    vbarbie wrote: »
    B M s S U C K ! nothing new... just don't roll that lame class // end of discusion.

I've been in plenty of squads with BMs that I'd take over a barb any day. Guess I could say "B A R B s S U C K !", could I not? b:chuckle

btw, I fell for the troll bait. Want a cookie?
  • Austin_Power - Heavens Tear
    Austin_Power - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    that made me lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tilt your head to the left. Shat bricks.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You really got to think about what lvl the skills need to be before they use the skills and also about what the channeling, casting, and cooldown times for each skill.

Lastly, I believe that in the first few weeks after the new TideBorn class is release GM's and Mod's will check the forms and maybe in-game to see if there skills are OP and maybe nerf the skills to make the game more balance.

I think that BM's,, Archer's and Wizzies, will still be "alive" because of how well the DD/Tank and how easy they help us in Rebirth Order's (Witch I never did one) FB/BH and more.

Every class is useful in there own way but I still think some classes still need a bit more improvements so more people will play as them.

b:victoryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Lastly, I believe that in the first few weeks after the new TideBorn class is release GM's and Mod's will check the forms and maybe in-game to see if there skills are OP and maybe nerf the skills to make the game more balance.

won't happen
    D:
    Both GM's and Mods don't has teh powah to change skills and stuff. b:shocked
    only teh chinese developers can.
    xD
    and me don't think they look at the PWI forums. b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I also wanna say something about the classes. There are no really needed classes, just roles:

Tank: (physical: barb or BM) (magical: wizard, veno or cleric)
    Healer: Cleric (wizard healing ftw)
    Lurer: Veno or someone with Zeal (?) genie
    Group controller: BM
    DD: Wizard, Archer or BM (also in some cases all other classes)

Then of course, as long as those roles (or at least tank and healer, DD is also preferred) are on their places, it doesn't matter what the other players are. If you say: "BH squad wants a healer and a tank, 3 spots" and you already have a BM and DDs, it really doesn't matter who is on the last spot. Be it another cleric, an offtank or just someone who needs that BH. As long as that is remembered, ppl can play as they want.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I also wanna say something about the classes. There are no really needed classes, just roles:

Tank: (physical: barb or BM or veno) (magical: wizard, veno or cleric)
    Healer: Cleric (wizard healing ftw)
    Lurer: Veno or someone with Zeal (?) genie
    Group controller: BM
    DD: Wizard, Archer or BM (also in some cases all other classes)

Fixedb:victory
    To the OP, nothing can replace bms' aoe skills when doing instance runs. It took 15 min to run Stygean with 3 bms^^
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'd say:
    1) noobs like you
    2) ppl that know how to play their class and know other classes inside out too.
    By why take my word for it?

Feel free to go ahead and Google "Tank Healer DPS", and then go and start working through the thousands of web pages of discussion about the well-known, over-used, holy-trinity of MMORPG class balancing.

You can go ahead and get your nose out of joint all you want, I'm just pointing out a design decision that every RPG designer of the past 15 years has had to wrestle with.

Some try to innovate, other just give in and embrace the holy-trinity. PWI is a game that absolutely chose to embrace it, and it's obvious which classes are which.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    To the OP, nothing can replace bms' aoe skills when doing instance runs. It took 15 min to run Stygean with 3 bms^^

So basically your saying that an Axe BM is needed, but if you have pole/sword/fists, bad luck for you?
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    So basically your saying that an Axe BM is needed, but if you have pole/sword/fists, bad luck for you?

I'm saying bms with good aoe skills makes things much faster. I am not saying any other bm is useless than axe bm because I have less experience about fist/sword/pole bms.
  • Kuponata - Sanctuary
    Kuponata - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm saying bms with good aoe skills makes things much faster. I am not saying any other bm is useless than axe bm because I have less experience about fist/sword/pole bms.

Well, as I know a bit about the other BMs, fist is for cancelling enemy skills, sword is DD and pole is somewhat AOE but as a pole BM I know linear aoe isn't that good.

EDIT: so the character changing really worked. Gotta change it back.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009

A good Bm is multi path anyway, should always have axes of one level or another for the aoe skills/stuns.

@ OP

I wouldnt worry about Bm's to much, due to the shear scope of the role's they can do.
    Pretty much only role in a squad they cant fill is healing others.

Yes other classes can do the job better ie: DD, Tank but on most (not all) bosses those classes cant do both( Veno's not included since being a solo class they can do both with a pet ).

Ie: You would take a Barb as a Tank but you wouldnt take one as a DD, where as a BM, you can take him as a Tank and/or as a DD
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    A good Bm is multi path anyway, should always have axes of one level or another for the aoe skills/stuns.

Okay I'll keep this in mind. So guys, always use axes. If not, have fun soloing the game.
    edited November 2009
    Okay I'll keep this in mind. So guys, always use axes. If not, have fun soloing the game.

As a Bm yes there are somethings having axes are either a great benifit for or a must have item.

RB, FFspring to mind straight away.

FF isnt a must have, but it makes the runs quicker if you do.

But things like TT/FB/BH axe's are not a MUST have item.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009

People like you are why flame wars start whenever someone mentions the benefits of a weapon OTHER than axes.

I've played all the paths, and, while I'm not very high level on my BM, I have a use for all of the weapons-- and my axes end up the weapon most frequently gathering dust.

Axes are not automatically the only choice just because they require the least skill to manage. Learn2play. Every weapon path is useful in one way or another.

Oh, and btw, I know several spear BMs that are pretty good in squads. The most skilled BM I know is, yes, Axe-- but I know plenty of skilled ones that are other weapon paths. In fact, a bad axe is worse than any other 'bad' weapon path-- they tend to rush into mobs more than other weapon paths.
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    BMs lost their awsomeness a longggg time ago. BMs have always failed. Assasin is an upgraded BM.PW should just replace all bms and make them into Assasins.
    So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said.
    edited November 2009
    BMs lost their awsomeness a longggg time ago. BMs have always failed. Assasin is an upgraded BM.PW should just replace all bms and make them into Assasins.

Sins high dex DD's with good DPS, hmmm remind you of any class ?

TBH its archers who should worry about their place in squads, specially if Sin's bring good party buffs to the table.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009

TBH its archers who should worry about their place in squads, specially if Sin's bring good party buffs to the table.
    Unless they're close range and you've got a sucky cleric with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
    edited November 2009
    Unless they're close range and you've got a sucky cleric with you.

Doesnt really make that much differance tbh for a lot of bosses.
    Since if they have aoe to hit more than the tank, depending on the boss its normally party heal after aoe or BB.. so range isnt really a factor
    edited November 2009

b:chuckle
    you is being teh replaced!
    LOLSSS~~!!!
    *stares at psychic.*
    aw darn me am being replaced too. b:surrender

mayhaps we should start a Archer, Wizard, Cleric union?
    (^.^)'
    send those fishies back where they came from~~!
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dev. are not morons. Nobody won't be OP. And tideborns will also have their weakness. If dev. made them OP lot of people would leave or switch=less money, less attractivity of game.
    Don't have big expectation. You will be dissapointed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Arthur - Harshlands
    King_Arthur - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well........I wouldn't say that, no class can overpower another class, its more like another player able to overpower another player. It really depends on your skillz and gear. Bm's can stun lock using three skills, I can stun lock for a short time since I'm a sword bm, but even then, i can still stun, atk atk stunatk, lower atk mag and phy, then heal myself if needed and stun again. It really depends how good your character is. For me, its not that hard to take down a barb my lvl, and I can even beat one in a duel or pvp, assuming neither one of is charmed. Only barb I probably cant beat is the kind that "kites" or "runs away cause he's losing and needs to refill on potions". It's embarrassing if a barb or bm kites because we are the "In yo' face" type of class.

Point is, Doesn't matter what class you are, it only depends on your skills and gear, if you know what your doing, then you'll be ok.
    edited November 2009
    Dev. are not morons. Nobody won't be OP. And tideborns will also have their weakness. If dev. made them OP lot of people would leave or switch=less money, less attractivity of game.
    Don't have big expectation. You will be dissapointed.

b:shocked
    in this one game me played.....well actually about 5 games me has played....the devs were complete morons.
    b:shocked

in one they completely broke about 2 and a half classes by introducing a magic immunity item.....
    in another they uber nerfed a single class and actually introduced **** new content...(well for like 3 games.)
    in another....they just turned frigging greedy and charged for uber unbalanced CS gear making it truly impossible to stand a chance against CS users.
    b:cry
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]