Bm loosing its awsomeness

Comments

• Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    okay cya go do some FB89 with only barb cleric and a veno.....cya in a couple of days.b:bye

Cya and have fun... careful with the random aggro one k? (LOL)
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well end result is that, no matter how many new classes come in, all classes will have a role to play always.

You simply cannot replace an existing class with a new one. Squad dynamics may change depending upon the classes present though which happens even now with the existing classes.

Frankly, I see assassins as squishy melee DDers who would get whipped if they came out of hiding. You need to understand that LA is like wearing something that doesnt give enough of either phy or mag def.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Well end result is that, no matter how many new classes come in, all classes will have a role to play always.

You simply cannot replace an existing class with a new one. Squad dynamics may change depending upon the classes present though which happens even now with the existing classes.

Frankly, I see assassins as squishy melee DDers who would get whipped if they came out of hiding. You need to understand that LA is like wearing something that doesnt give enough of either phy or mag def.

Agreed.

But im going to really enjoy watching those VIT/STR chars trying to hit an assassin, its going to be epic XD. Especially on lower lvls b:chuckle
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Clerics will hate having assasins on party cuz some bosses aoe magic and then they will have to rez or heal the one hiding under the boss's big ****..b:chuckle
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Clerics will hate having assasins on party cuz some bosses aoe magic and then they will have to rez or heal the one hiding under the boss's big ****..b:chuckle

b:chuckle
    especially since the assassin be slightly squishy by nature.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i wonder if assassins are goan be better at money farmin then venos O.O
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I dont think so, they are melee, that means repair bills. Venos can sit behind the pet and press Heal XD.
    edited November 2009
    i wonder if assassins are goan be better at money farmin then venos O.O

wha? where you get the reasoning for that?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    But im going to really enjoy watching those VIT/STR chars trying to hit an assassin, its going to be epic XD. Especially on lower lvls b:chuckle

Would be no different than hitting a LA fist bm with insignificant evasion and crit.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I would like to see a LA wearing melee being any use when fighting Dimentoria (or any massivly strong close range AoE bosses) in a 1cleric squad b:laugh

As everyone already said, assasin is complety different than anything else. Not like a BM with massive defences and hp, and not like an archer who has 30m range (see example Dimentoria)

Same for psycic, I think they are going to be the magic version of fox veno, with alot of debufs. Wiz is probably still going to be the real mag cannon
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    @Sirrobert
    You know whenever i read your name even in the Mages forum i start laughing..
    (Stewie's teddy bear anyone b:laugh)
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
    edited November 2009
    @Sirrobert
    You know whenever i read your name even in the Mages forum i start laughing..
    (Stewie's teddy bear anyone b:laugh)

Eehm, I think I missed that episode?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hmm I've seen a barb my level ask me (an archer) what flesh ream was when i asked him to use it while doing BH51 since i was stealing aggro pretty easily with just normal shots :|. Maybe he was drunk or never bothered learning the required skill or knew it by some other name or playing a friend's character for the first time.

In any case, people who do their job well will always be needed irrespective of the class.

Hey lol, on heavenstear I had a lvl65 barb monthsss ago and i didnt have 1 tiger form skill XD although that was my first char on this game and my frist mmo b:sad
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Umm theres a difference in not having tiger form skills because you wanted to stick to doing damage in human form and not knowing what flesh ream was when in tiger form <.<
    edited November 2009
    Umm theres a difference in not having tiger form skills because you wanted to stick to doing damage in human form and not knowing what flesh ream was when in tiger form <.<

In both cases the barb is a noob though
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2009

BMs with axes can never be replaced. HF + mage dooms can 1-hit barbs.

BM stuns are epic and without them this game would be... different.

That's my opinion at least... b:surrender
    b:dirty AGREE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's a nice sentiment, sure, but let's face reality. A lot of times you NEED a Cleric, sometimes you NEED a Barb, a Veno doesn't NEED anybody but themselves. And then there's the rest. Competent or not, they're interchangeable.

Sometimes you need a barb, not all or even most of the time. So they themselves are interchangeable.

So can scrub them off that "only 3 classes list" b:victory

Only one class needed for a lot of things is cleric's

So

1) Clerics

2) The rest
    edited November 2009
    Sometimes you need a barb, not all or even most of the time. So they themselves are interchangeable.

So can scrub them off that "only 3 classes list" b:victory

Only one class needed for a lot of things is cleric's

So

1) Clerics with at least 1 heavy armor cleric. b:chuckle

2) Nothing else

lols take it to teh extreme~ why need the rest?
    xD
    why don't they just make a full out cleric squad?
    b:thanks
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    lols take it to teh extreme~ why need the rest?
    xD
    why don't they just make a full out cleric squad?
    b:thanks

Lol imagine a full squad of Barbs, never get anything done, be to busy moaning about charm ticks and repair bills b:chuckle
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There have only ever been 4 classes in PWI, and that's not changing:

1) Cleric
    2) Barb
    3) Veno
    4) and the rest

lol@you
    okay cya go do some FB89 with only barb cleric and a veno.....cya in a couple of days.b:bye

↑ this, without DD's you're gettin nowhere fast

And barb's nowadays are mostly idiots who think they can run into mobs and expect the cleric to heal him....

So like someone already said.

1. Cleric
    2. The rest
    edited November 2009
    Now when you get a squad of wizzies, atleast that'll get the job done (unles you have a phys AoE or something that one shots all the wizzyes lol)

they shoot at the same time, taking out everything instandly.
    They heal themselfs, keeping themselfs alive.

And than the big bad phys boss comes and one shots them one at a time b:shocked
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Actually there are 2, and that's not changing either:

1. Competent ppl who can do their job no matter their class.
    2. The rest.

These days the 2nd group is increasing quite fast

OK, granted I'm still a bit of a noob myself, and learning. But I must say I strongly agree with this! b:laugh
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009

2. The rest.

That's... kinda true to a certain extent. But get together a group of just wizzies and archers for, say, a BH, and you're doomed. Your class /does/ matter. No matter how skilled those archers and wizzies may be, they won't be able to tank, say, high level bosses.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's a nice sentiment, sure, but let's face reality. A lot of times you NEED a Cleric, sometimes you NEED a Barb, a Veno doesn't NEED anybody but themselves. And then there's the rest. Competent or not, they're interchangeable.

This. Sadly it's true, as awesome as BM's can be, they aren't necessary or essential. You could argue barbs aren't needed either in a lot of cases, but since a barb will always be a better tank than a BM of equal skill, they're still of more use than a BM in those situations.

Skill is great, but the fact is in this game, no matter how skilled you are, that TT squad is gonna take a veno/cleric and that bh69 is gonna completely ignore you and desperately pay some mediocre barb free wine to tank for them.
    edited November 2009
    and that bh69 is gonna completely ignore you and desperately pay some mediocre barb free wine to tank for them.

Situations like that though are less down to they are needed, and more down to alot of players dont know how to play their own class, let alone think outside the cookie cutter squad build norm.

But sadly we have had this debate before and will have it again, since alot of people are to afraid to break from the norm.
    See it everyday in Wc "need 2 clerics for TT " when one Cleric could safely heal it or " Barb NEEDED for FF " when barbs are pretty much last class needed for FF
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2009

umm it only takes me 4 to 6 hours to solo eden fb89 unwined from begining to the end. I'd imagine it be faster with a cleric and barb.
    (not including brim, i only wine that)
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
    edited November 2009
    Lol imagine a full squad of Barbs, never get anything done, be to busy moaning about charm ticks and repair bills b:chuckle

LOLs
    but then again they could do it if they all had charms and took turns and stuff lols
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009

2. The rest.

Because of oracles.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's not the class, it's the player. You have to use what you are given for the character in a way that is effective and your way may not be the same as everyone elses' way. BM builds are difficult to get right where you want it, but once you do you can be a very valuable asset to a party. Bm's do have stuns going for them and some spell canceling skills that even work on bosses. Say what you like but I love being a Blademaster and I wouldn't do anything different with my build because my build suits my style.

I also play cleric xD getting mats is easier because everyone needs me :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    @WarrenWolfy: That is a very narrow-minded point of view. Not really surprised it's coming from a barb as well (Not saying all barbs are narrow-minded, but I sometimes see that tendency).
    It's not a narrow-minded view, it's just being honest about what we all already know. The term "DD" gets used because we all know exactly what it's referring to.

Besides, what's so horrible about admitting that certain classes are interchangeable? I have a Wizard alt, does that mean I'm upset that I basically do the same thing as an Archer? No, why should I be?

"And the rest" isn't derogatory. It's simply a statement about how many modern MMORPG have adopted the Tank-Healer-DD paradigm as the standard model for class balancing. PWI just happens to have embraced that standard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com