Dragon Orb Ocean

Options
Miss_Tika - Lost City
Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Why the hell is a Dragon Orb Oceab (refine from 9 --> 10) ONLY 75 gold?

WITH the current dragon orb sale, its apox 246 gold for a Dragon Orb Ocean using 1* orbs (1370 of them).

Why so cheap? Does PWI want everyone walking around with +10 weapons now? b:shocked
Post edited by Miss_Tika - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Obviously....I could speculate about refine transfer stones but I am not going too.

I am keeping all my refines as is....well below +10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Obviously....I could speculate about refine transfer stones but I am not going too.

I am keeping all my refines as is....well below +10.

RedsRose this is ridiculous.

And all those people who refined to +10 with the Orb sale are still losing out on like... ~$170 or so.

I'm seriously shocked.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    RedsRose this is ridiculous.

And all those people who refined to +10 with the Orb sale are still losing out on like... ~$170 or so.

I'm seriously shocked.

*sigh*

I am still in shock about all of this tbh.....

There is nothing left (imo) for higher levels to work for when it can all be bought....HH100 mats?

10* orbs for 80% off 1* orb price...

Whatever............I just do not know what to think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    gotta love pwi.

<.<

>.>

I'm not planning on going past +6 anytime soon with my 9x gear. (mainly because im cheap and saving for a house)

<_<
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i may have cash to spend on this game but this is messed up -_-

<---- planning on quiting soon D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    there will come new things to work for i guess
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    there will come new things to work for i guess

The level 100+ Dungeon....yippie b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The level 100+ Dungeon....yippie b:surrender

EVERY1 can reach 100 now with the packs ( oracles)

>_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

>_>

I personally think that is another reason why they have been having 2x exp weekends....pushing levels for the upcoming additions.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I personally think that is another reason why they have been having 2x exp weekends....pushing levels for the upcoming additions.....

agreed ..........

no work(famring,grinding,AOE,etc) is involved in this game anymore . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    Kealani - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    agreed ..........

no work(famring,grinding,AOE,etc) is involved in this game anymore . b:surrender

Yup,because people play games because they want to go to virtual work.

Before you or someone else gets in a hissy fit about that, I do understand where you're coming from. But saying a game is going downhill because there's no work involved....well that's a bit silly. It's better to say you can now buy your way to the top instead of actually playing your way to the top.
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

You're right on the money, actually.
    xarfox wrote: »
    This is true. We realize that some of the new content (not all of it) is only for players who are 100+. Which is why we're doing what we can to help give you all a boost prior to the expansion going live.

Guilty as charged. :)
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ^ This issue is...but then what?

There is nothing beyond that......and forget farming new gear.....it will just be able to be bought sooner then later...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yup,because people play games because they want to go to virtual work.

Before you or someone else gets in a hissy fit about that, I do understand where you're coming from. But saying a game is going downhill because there's no work involved....well that's a bit silly. It's better to say you can now buy your way to the top instead of actually playing your way to the top.

im not throwing a fit xD

i didnt say its goin downhill. i play this game for a challenge and the extra work it puts forth not only that ,but also to waste free time b:bye

agreed
    ^ This issue is...but then what?

There is nothing beyond that......and forget farming new gear.....it will just be able to be bought sooner then later...b:surrender

QFT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but now it is cheaper to upgrade +9 -> +10 than it is to upgrade +8 -> +9. It is both funny and sad at the same time.

- Amy
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yea, yesterday I realized something. I got bored with the game!!!b:shocked

Personally, now I just wanna build money in game, and farm mats now. Other than Dailies, I'm done due to boredom. I do wanna hit lvl 100, but its like im getting "seniorititis" for PWi. lol

Getting so lazy, I dont wanna play :P

The 2x EXP event is nice, but now its getting easier to hit 100. I saw 100 has a grand achievement of hard work. But now you have oralces, BHs, 2x EXP weekends.

On Topic: I dont think I'm refining past +5 lol

>.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i just refined from +1 to +2 with a 10* orb and saved money b:bye
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but now it is cheaper to upgrade +9 -> +10 than it is to upgrade +8 -> +9. It is both funny and sad at the same time.

- Amy

Exactly, its cheaper to use a 10* orb twice..

What the ****?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

What the ****?

QFT!!!

Makes no sense b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

What the ****?

They could have lowered the curve by giving higher orbs a better %off, but making an orb way cheaper than the previous one is just stupid.

Damn, 75 gold for a 10* ? Just realized the 8* was on sale at 50gold a few weeks ago. Was a good deal but not indecent.

- Amy
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    *wonders how many people are going to try to refine a +1 item to +10 using 1 orb*
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    QFT!!!

Makes no sense b:sweat

b:cry

10fkn chars
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    Kealani - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Centetric,didn't say the thing about a fit being thrown because I fully expected you to,mostly because knowing this forum,it's more then likely to happen when someone disagrees or says something the opposite of another person.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    *wonders how many people are going to try to refine a +1 item to +10 using 1 orb*

LMAO....me too!!
    b:cry

10fkn chars

b:cry I cry with you Tika b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    75 gold... Too bad im out of the country with no ingame access.... Regarding the packs and other ****: They're trying to devalue all the old "rare "hard to obtain" stuff to make way for the new ****. Well i guess the game is still fun as a virtual chatroom ... b:puzzled
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

b:cry I cry with you Tika b:cry

dont worry rose itll be ok.........
    want a cookie :D?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    75 gold... Too bad im out of the country with no ingame access.... Regarding the packs and other ****: They're trying to devalue all the old "rare "hard to obtain" stuff to make way for the new ****. Well i guess the game is still fun as a virtual chatroom ... b:puzzled

b:chuckle

The funny thing is though that the "rare, old" stuff should still be valuable.

As of right now the only main thing we know in the expansion is the Palace of Nirvana....100+ dungeon....that will allow you to upgrade your 99/100 gear or weapons. b:surrender
    dont worry rose itll be ok.........
    want a cookie :D?

*sniff* Ok..... b:sad *sniff*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hello. I would like to share my opinion. for all comments above and many people when it comes to PWI in general, Packs and a lot of other things. I recommend reading slowly and carefully if you choose to comment on this. Although most people can't or won't grasp the depth of the information below and will flame anyway after reading the first 4 sentences.

I think something is that is always important to remember I believe people often forget about or may not realize. PWI is definately a fun game to play. I have enjoyed it for many months. At the end of the day PWI is a business that monetizes on fun and high pressure sales. This is what generates income and pays the employees of the company. Software engineers, Marketing and research, Board of directors, Game masters and of course the notably exorbitant cost to pay for the fiber optic Internet bandwidth they run on the back end.

The game is of course free to play. They hope to proselytize as many users they can into paying customers. This is required to make a profit. Profit is the surplus of money after every bill is paid required to keep the business running. When it comes to packs, No mater what kind; rare pet, or anniversary packs or any other ones. The game economy is probably not taken into enormous consideration and is not the conclusive factor that will constitute a "Yes" or "No" to ordain a sale.

All items in the cash shop are meant to reward business investors; paying customers. The marketing and advertising department at PWI is very skilled. They are experts at what they are supposed to do which is to construct and deliver demand for in game items which will persuade users into buying them. Or in other words, investing in the company to make a profit. This applies to all items in the cash shop packs or otherwise. PWI is not greedy. It is a business which rewards paying customers, nothing more. If a person buys a mount, That is their reward for investing in the company and keeping the game alive. And PWI should reward paying customer if they want to remain in business. They are very good at what they do.

I believe the dragon orb sale is not to make profit on level 10 orbs. The purpose for that is to solicit the orbs below that. The profit comes from making it less expensive for you to own a level 10 weapon. If you pay top dollar, you have top quality gear. Some players have not spent one dollar on the game since they started it and they have hundreds of millions of in-game coin. Smart investors can do it easily. PWI is great at making regular users investors, but of course not everyone will invest money to keep the game going and PWI knows that. Players will not invest because they can't or they wont no matter what. But we are not talking about those users and PWI knows they can't make everyone an investor, After a certain point, Those users are not their concern.

That money you save refining to 10 seems really great and it seems like a one time deal. The idea I believe is to encourage you to refine to 9. PWI makes their target profit from that. They always have the need generate sales which are immediate profit and not long necessarily term. This is because PWI does not charge people a monthly fee for playing the game, their financial stability is not guaranteed it can only be predicted by money accepted from fast sales. Many players believe the game is "Going down hill" or that it will somehow cease to work because PWI is making money or because players can buy items instead of earning them. For people who have no problem investing in PWI as a business, You can think of who they might be, the game is not going downhill. It's more fun than ever. As long as PWI has enough players who will spend the required money to keep the business alive, the game will always be in operation and it will thrive and grow as it has done in the past from various sales.

Regards, SemperHacker
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ^ Everything you said is not new (no offense)...we all know this.

We were just discussing the 10* orbs being 80% off (basically)...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

>_>

Except that it would cost you 1000s of dollars to do so.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]