edited November 2009
    Wat class is best for pking?
    b:surrender
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wat class is best for pking?

Arcane Vita Slingshot Archer using DoTs.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You should stop bashing Fleuri, especially if you tl;dr on the post in question which you then proceed to bash about. In addition, if you disagree, you should post your own formula. You do say you know the basics.

I don't need to post any formulas to prove how idiotic an Arcane Archer would be. I'll stop bashing her when she stops using flawed formulas and theories to prove her point. Seems like a fair deal to me.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't need to post any formulas to prove how idiotic an Arcane Archer would be. I'll stop bashing her when she stops using flawed formulas and theories to prove her point. Seems like a fair deal to me.

You had no idea the formula was flawed. You tl;dr'd on the post and then used someone else's point to supplement yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    accuracy might result in a 2..10% difference in damage dealt, but probably not that much.

Input lag might be an issue, but i do not know how to measure or quantify that. I have heard other people talk about input lag but I do not think i have ever noticed any.

And... sutra or other things which reduce channelling to zero restore full casting time. You only get reduced casting time if you are not using such things.

Anyways... if someone wants to post details of how input lag works or any other such thing, I would love hearing about that, and how you measured and so on.
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    gonna tl;dr on your giant number post without sources. I'm still quite amazed you thought skills where totally affected by channeling and didn't count in the Cast time to compare it to attackrate (go hover over a skill, you'll understand)

^ Directly after her formula post, before all the other casting time comments. Note the huge font which should make it even easier to read.
    You had no idea the formula was flawed. You tl;dr'd on the post and then used someone else's point to supplement yourself.

l2read before you attempt to prove me wrong b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    ^ Directly after her formula post, before all the other casting time comments. Note the huge font which should make it even easier to read.

l2read before you attempt to prove me wrong b:chuckle

Oh, happy joyous day...

So, ok, for all you eager l2read fans out there, I have a bit of something you might want to try your uber l2read skillz on:
    -69% channelling (assumed to also reduce cast time)

Was I safe in assuming that anyone wanting to check my math would have read enough of my post to find what numbers I was using? (The answer, apparently, was: no.)

So, for example, the first shot in my attack sequence was Sharpened Tooth Arrow, and I listed it taking 0.806 seconds. Now, sharpened tooth arrow has a channelling time of 2 seconds and a cast time of 0.6 seconds. And, if we do some math:

2.0 seconds - 69% = 0.62 seconds
    0.6 seconds - 69% = 0.186 seconds

Do any of our l2read fans want to guess what you would get if you added 0.62 and 0.186?

(However, I did not use -69% on the casting time for take aim. Maybe I should have? But channelling gear would not reduce take aim's channelling time, so I have assumed that channelling gear would also not reduce its casting time. I should have stated this assumption explicitly, because it was a dubious assumption.)

But... if you really think I did not count casting time, I think you need to work on something. Maybe you need help with your reading skills, maybe you need help with your counting skills, or maybe or maybe you need help something else? I do not know how I could help you... but I think you could use some help.

Anyways... if anyone wants to perform tests to see if I was wrong, I would love to see your tests and their results. In my opinion, well run tests trump theories every day of the week, and theories are only good for suggesting useful tests.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You could always just use 20% -channel and test under red bubble.

it'd clear up a lot of things, such as whether there is a pause in between skills, whether cast time decreases with channel time, stuff like that. if you macro a long string of skills you should see a difference even with just 20% -channel.

or you can do a similar calculation for a caster class with a significant degree of -channel and see how they perform as opposed to someone with no -channel, if only to clear up how -channel affects cast time.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    You could always just use 20% -channel and test under red bubble.

or you can do a similar calculation for a caster class with a significant degree of -channel and see how they perform as opposed to someone with no -channel, if only to clear up how -channel affects cast time.

I will try and remember to record some experiments, the next time i am in a red bubble. (But this assumes that red bubble's bonuses work like equipment bonuses, and I should also test this assumption, somehow.)

(But I got this concept -- that channelling reduces casting times -- by listening to casters with lots of reduced channeling gear.)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    bah all other classes are nuts. have you heard some bms' berserk theories?

some bms believe it's your crit rate + 5% (or something),
    some believe it goes up with refines
    some believe it's 20%
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    bah all other classes are nuts. have you heard some bms' berserk theories?

some bms believe it's your crit rate + 5% (or something),
    some believe it goes up with refines
    some believe it's 20%

Well, we got Asterelle. If she made a BM, we would certainly have a mass exodus OUT of the BM subforum. Fear the numbers, zombies!
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If you need someone to run red bubble for ya fleuri, I've got 2 different clerics to choose from. Just lemme know if you want to, I'm usually just doing WQ, cube, BH, or wandering.

EDIT: Though I know for a fact aftercast exists. I tried a similar idea of doing the math for maximizing number of attacks during the effects of Heaven's Flame. Each time I tried, even using the 2 skill combo, it was off. It was after a few times of trying different things out that I realized it wasn't remove the cast of the first skill as I thought, but there was a 3rd portion of time for each skill that was removed. I just call it aftercast or other names from an old game I used to play. This was done at least 3 months ago, back when I still mainly played on my cleric.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    Dractonis - Lost City Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oh my -.-

I don't think I have it in me to comment on this b:surrender
  • Caledfwlch - Harshlands
    Caledfwlch - Harshlands Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Female arcane archer are cute b:pleased
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    necro
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why Arcane Archers Suck Eggs:

-Nobody wants a nubby little Arcane Archer fighting with them. It will prove massive fail. What's the point of a DD when it can't even do it's job?
    -You will get laughed at and looked down upon
    -Your damage is ****
    -Your damage take will make you cry
    -Chaining skills to kill a mob isn't worth 20 flying sh.its when you can't deal have the damage an Archer should
    -The MP save isn't worth it. MP pots were made for a reason. Get Herb Yuanxiao (6000k MP recover) if you're going to be that complainish about your MP loss

Just to say, I have never played a BM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This shouldn't even be a topic. I've made an Arcane Archer on another version of the game. It worked alright but my damage wasn't the best.

Reasons:
    Attack-You're damage is lowered because of the points into mag
    Def-This kind of works, Archers have high evasion and most physical misses them, while elemental damage really pounds on them. BUT, with arcane armor, your elemental resist is high so as far as defense goes, arcane is an ok turn
    Mag-You do have more mana, but that's not going to help much against the mana burning barrage, which is kind of the only big thing that will suck your mana to 0.

In general, an Arcane Archer is pointless.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This shouldn't even be a topic. I've made an Arcane Archer on another version of the game. It worked alright but my damage wasn't the best.

Reasons:
    Attack-You're damage is lowered because of the points into mag
    Def-This kind of works, Archers have high evasion and most physical misses them, while elemental damage really pounds on them. BUT, with arcane armor, your elemental resist is high so as far as defense goes, arcane is an ok turn
    Mag-You do have more mana, but that's not going to help much against the mana burning barrage, which is kind of the only big thing that will suck your mana to 0.

In general, an Arcane Archer is pointless.

100% Agreed with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    that large text made me happy yay
  • ravenlis
    ravenlis Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    - You will be laughed at
    - MP isn't an issue with apoth/pots/charms
    - Chaining skills isn't the most time or mana-efficient way to kill mobs
    - You will be laughed at
    - You will deal sh*t damage
    - You will take massive damage
    - You will be laughed at
    - You will quit the game by the time you're 3x, 4x for sure. Any longer than that and you must be a ****.

But hey.. at least you're unique!

If you aren't laughed at, people will look at you strange and think you are fail. I know I think that... Very odd to see an archer in arcane when they were made for LA. Their damage is based off of their DEX stat. If you are going to waste 100+ stat points to wear a different armor you're better off going with VIT or STR. Those might be more beneficial...
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This thread is for those who play Arcane Archers~

Archers that wear Arcane Armor

if all you are going to do is talk down, or be negative

your comments are NOT welcome!

Please be mindful that not everyone plays the same way!

This is just a small place, free of criticism or complaint from those that play as Purist, Hybrid, and Mixed build playstyles, or any that may not have been mentioned.

~_~_~_
    I know I prefer playing an Arcane Archer for the fact I never have to worry about how I use my skills. :D
    I can just chain away~

That and the whole Flight Meter mess
    ~20 you don't take any MP loss for Flying, but no regen
    ~30-33 you don't take any MP loss for Flying, and gain regen of +1
    [edit: Please remember, ALL Elves lose MP while in Combat, and even worse when your MP is Low
    (There seem to be no exceptions to this for Archers or Clerics)]

(I discovered this playing on my other Archer)
    I will keep the amounts of regen edited as I come across them :)

Any unique skill combos are welcome, even if you do not play as an Arcane Archer~

The ones i plan on mentioning shall require MP that a Purist would not be able to utilize, i do apologize ahead of time :P
    I shall be focusing on those that will be of use to Arcane Archers

DISCLAIMER: I do respect Purists; nonetheless, since so many people play as that, I would rather Not. It is simply a matter of opinion and taste.
    I am a unique individual and each of my characters are as well.

Good luck finding BH and TT squads..Dont think many squads are looking for DD's that fire feather dusters.....
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • ravenlis
    ravenlis Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Good luck finding BH and TT squads..Dont think many squads are looking for DD's that fire feather dusters.....

b:sweat Sadly I have seen an AA archer in my squads for BH. It was BH59 and I have only come across them a couple times. I tend to just sigh, roll my eyes, and shake my head at them. Other than increasing the magic defenses, as mp is a pitiful excuse, what good is the AA build? I am asking for a logical defense of this build.
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This thread is for those who play Arcane Archers~

Archers that wear Arcane Armor

if all you are going to do is talk down, or be negative

your comments are NOT welcome!

Please be mindful that not everyone plays the same way!

This is just a small place, free of criticism or complaint from those that play as Purist, Hybrid, and Mixed build playstyles, or any that may not have been mentioned.

~_~_~_
    I know I prefer playing an Arcane Archer for the fact I never have to worry about how I use my skills. :D
    I can just chain away~

That and the whole Flight Meter mess
    ~20 you don't take any MP loss for Flying, but no regen
    ~30-33 you don't take any MP loss for Flying, and gain regen of +1
    [edit: Please remember, ALL Elves lose MP while in Combat, and even worse when your MP is Low
    (There seem to be no exceptions to this for Archers or Clerics)]

(I discovered this playing on my other Archer)
    I will keep the amounts of regen edited as I come across them :)

Any unique skill combos are welcome, even if you do not play as an Arcane Archer~

The ones i plan on mentioning shall require MP that a Purist would not be able to utilize, i do apologize ahead of time :P
    I shall be focusing on those that will be of use to Arcane Archers

DISCLAIMER: I do respect Purists; nonetheless, since so many people play as that, I would rather Not. It is simply a matter of opinion and taste.
    I am a unique individual and each of my characters are as well.

...lol
    gl being a 1shot
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    We all should get HH99 LA n Arcane n Heavy armor.

Once we face a wizard we kite n use that thingy to restat all our points to wear arcane!b:dirty then when the bm comes, we restat to heavy b:cute n once you kite them away. b:dirty we restat to full dex n do final shot b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Veronica_ - Heavens Tear
    Veronica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Once at a bh 59 the other archer was a arcane build b:sweat and the other squad members laughted and they started asking me for opinion b:embarrass .

I didn't answere b:surrender
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Fail

~Technotic

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    sooo, is the whole point of an arcane archer to lower/stop the flight mp cost, because thats the only thing i'm seeing. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    superroflbattlecopter

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ...scroll up, and especially down, and look for yourself :P

[edit: i thought this forum was for the literate, as in 'ability to read' ?_?]

i dont want criticize or semething only ask.
    how u wear weapon with 1dex/lv?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    People really can be tw@ts sometimes.

"What's the logic" and "it's pointless" and "you won't get into tt squads". You know what that says? It says people are ONLY playing to be uber and get into high level instance squads. The "mmo's are for fun and friends" thing that you get spammed by QQmaor players when debating class balance and expense for a f2p ingame...is seemingly complete rubbish.

Do you really have any idea how sad it is to be "shaking your head" at someone enjoying a game trying something a little different? You're trying to be elitist or pro in a computer game. Get outside, get a life and stop failing if that's the case, seriously =/ The op probably has already tried playing with standard builds and got bored so decided to play around. At least they aren't the ones whinging in PvP and hurling silly flames and insults at each other and trying to grow their e-peen all day.

Only criticism is the build. As has been mentioned 1 dex wont let you use a bow. ^^ Also i'd try wearing both arcane and hotkeying between a part of LA or two, would afford a lot more flexibility. Your damage would be an issue too, so I'd make weapon refinement a main priority, especially if you reach later levels.

Anyway, keep it up and best of luck with it! ^_^ Don't mind the silly idiots who like to pretend they're pro, enjoy the game, have fun with it, experiment with whatever you can to make it actually work, and even make it your goal to surprise ppl =p

EDIT: Whoa O_o 13 pages. I've probably gone and necro'd something in my boredom :P