Arcane Archers~

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    8x archer should easily **** arcane, and youd still lose every time. i know you well enough to know you dont know your class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    8x archer should easily **** arcane, and youd still lose every time. i know you well enough to know you dont know your class.

Haha you don't know me at all, you've never seen me fight you've never even been around my character more than a couple of seconds at the TT place so kindly shut your mouth till ya got some more evidence. And your veno? I could easily kill it now, back then maybe I didn't know how to fully play my archer but I wouldn't be rank 9 on the pvp if I didn't know how to do my class.

"Anyone with that gear can faceroll and win" Bull to the **** I wish it were that simple you could have all the best gear in the world but if you don't have the brain to know what to do when to do it then no you couldn't face roll, not on 90+ people.

So again until you get some proof or stop being such a dumb **** and getting your mains banned, TearValerin, keep ya trapper shut :D

oh and (>*.*)>

figured you're here posting to try and over compensate for something so <3 its ok QQmoar let it all out <3
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Haha you don't know me at all, you've never seen me fight you've never even been around my character more than a couple of seconds at the TT place so kindly shut your mouth till ya got some more evidence. And your veno? I could easily kill it now, back then maybe I didn't know how to fully play my archer but I wouldn't be rank 9 on the pvp if I didn't know how to do my class.

"Anyone with that gear can faceroll and win" Bull to the **** I wish it were that simple you could have all the best gear in the world but if you don't have the brain to know what to do when to do it then no you couldn't face roll, not on 90+ people.

So again until you get some proof or stop being such a dumb **** and getting your mains banned, TearValerin, keep ya trapper shut :D

figured you're here posting to try and over compensate for something so <3 its ok QQmoar let it all out <3
    #1 ranking means nothing on a PVE server, lrn 2 pvp on LC and watch them lol at you
    #2 you dont need know how to kill people who arent cash spammed out the wazoo (which is a majority of the 90+ community)
    #3 all the evidence we need to know you fail is all in your fairy.

(fyi ive seen many of your dumb xfire pvp broadcasts, you PVP like a noob, youll never be as good as any of the 99/100 archers on sanc.)

i think the only 'compensating' here is you with your wallet to try and think youd compare to them in skill.

have fun going all bananas mr. im so pro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    #1 ranking means nothing on a PVE server, lrn 2 pvp on LC and watch them lol at you
    #2 you dont need know how to kill people who arent cash spammed out the wazoo (which is a majority of the 90+ community)
    #3 all the evidence we need to know you fail is all in your fairy.

(fyi ive seen many of your dumb xfire pvp broadcasts, you PVP like a noob, youll never be as good as any of the 99/100 archers on sanc.)

i think the only 'compensating' here is you with your wallet to try and think youd compare to them in skill.

lol and kinda impossible to have seen said broadcast since I never pvp'd with them running, duel yeah duels = different than pvp.

And you keep drawing on the 'past' the past is meaningless if you don't learn from the mistakes and become better for it, which I did. I don't need you to tell me whether I'm abad archer or not because I know I am a good one lol better than you'll ever be for sure and nothing you say can change it I know it because for being lvl 95 I've done what lvl 100's have yet to do solo, take down BigP 1v1 or even **** him to the point where 1 last shot would be enough to kill him. we faught and he killed me 4 times (5 but Nimp helped him on that one) and I killed him once. Being 95 if I didn't know my class I'd of never been able to do that. I did THAT at 95.

Let's see what'll happen at 99.

Oh and yeah it was majorly unfair seeing as he is 100+ wearing TT99+ lol and I was using TT90. And yet did what I did :) Soooo yeah I know I'm a good archer cause I know what to do when to do it to last as long as I did against him, and each time I fought him only once or twice was he just self buffed I was always self buffed.

Soooo yeah QQmoar.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so anyways...

let's recap on arcane archer, an arcane archer with a lot of money and built right can have high mdef and decent pdef. however, they will not be able to have the -interval that a lot of lvl 99+ archers go for. they are also forced to dedicate a number of sockets to garnets, and you may notice that arcane armor gives less hp per refine than light armor and heavy armor - meaning they will have lower overall hp than a light armor archer. fully buffed according to simulations, an arcane archer can achieve 65% pdmg redux and 70% mdmg redux. the interesting thing is that what magic requirement the arcane archer needs, it is somewhat compensated by having less strength requirement. in the end it is the gear that is deficient in HP compared to a pure dex archer.

on the other hand, a light armor archer with pdef orns refined can very well have decent mdef and better pdef. with about 60% reduction in both departments, more if buffed, you should be fine for defense. the upside is that light armor allows more socketing of citrine shards and better refinement bonuses. thus, a pure dex archer will have more hp, deal slightly better damage, and have more -interval, at the cost of not having arcane grade mdef. fully buffed, a light armor archer can achieve 70% pdmg redux and 60% mdmg redux.

it is arguable that, since fully buffed you get 2 pdef buffs but only 1 mdef buff, it may be beneficial to go arcane. however, i believe the some 11% difference in HP is too much to justify some 10% more defense in mdef because hp buffers against both types of attack damage.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6e08fcff648befbc
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d67866c394c3f3f7

that analysis aside, it will not be possible to easily 1shot such an arcane archer, but you will have an advantage in attack damage, attack speed, and hp.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Elveenah - Dreamweaver
    Elveenah - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    why was a second thread of this made when we already had a perfectly good one for discussion?

...because this was supossed to be a thread for those that play Arcane Archers, and for discussion on Skill Chains, as well~
    specifically, those with high MP costs
    and those that keep their skills leveled up at all times
    no pacing (pacing is for Purists and Hybrids and Mixed)
    {Arcane Archers never have to worry about pacing}

Some people, just seem to ignore constraint and think they have a right to post everywhere, even if the thread concerns them, not at all :P
    Even more if they have been asked to not be negative or talk people down

I did what I could by putting what would be of benefit to literate forum users, unfortunately, there are many who type and don't read.
    I would classify that as being illiterate...though that would just be me, since I can only speak for myself~<3
    Arcane Archer at your service
    I have high Mag stat and this is how I use my stat points:
    0 Vit 3 Mag
    1 Str 1 Dex

I regain Mana while Flying
    I can use skills in ways you can only dream ;D
    I wear Arcane Armor
    I plan on refining my Bow
  • Sylphiness - Dreamweaver
    Sylphiness - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    but, i wish you well and luck with your endeavor

i have a little magic myself ;D

i enjoy being able to fly without the worry of a meter

to me,

it's Freedom!
    "...as silent as a whispering wind, I am your friend..."
    ~Sylphiness xo
    Winged Elven Archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sylph~
    -Immortal, and without a soul...-
    Paracelsus~16th century Alchemist's description of the fairy~like Elemental of Air/Wind
    see pics of my character~ click on my name then home page in contact info^^
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This thread is for those who play Arcane Archers~

Just you I guess. You could've just written yourself an email.

~_~_~_
    I know I prefer playing an Arcane Archer for the fact I never have to worry about how I use my skills. :D
    I can just chain away~

your MP will run out eventually when you're not potting and you can't regen 10k MP with normal pots anyway, you're delaying the inevitable.
    That and the whole Flight Meter mess
    ~20 you don't take any MP loss for Flying, but no regen
    ~30-33 you don't take any MP loss for Flying, and gain regen of +1
    [edit: Please remember, ALL Elves lose MP while in Combat, and even worse when your MP is Low
    (There seem to be no exceptions to this for Archers or Clerics)]

Lol lv1 Wings. Get to 30, problem solved.

The ones i plan on mentioning shall require MP that a Purist would not be able to utilize, i do apologize ahead of time :P
    I shall be focusing on those that will be of use to Arcane Archers

There is nothing you can't utilize as a normal Archer, no combo or whatsoever. Atm I hit a little over 2k MP without any base Magic and I can do anything with just MP pots. And if you mean BoA- your MP will deplete sometime with this skill, you're just adding a few seconds of delay to it.
    I am a unique individual and each of my characters are as well.

That's a nice way of saying "my character sucks"

There are no real good motivations as to why one should become an Arcane Archer. MP preservation. So you're actually content with crippling your damage to be probably 90% lower than normal Archers, having no evasion or Critrate so you can delay using an MP pot for a minute?

Cool reasons bro.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Sylphiness - Dreamweaver
    Sylphiness - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    aren't you rude *looking up at the jerkwad*

would you want people to do that to one of your threads

then again, some people show no respect for anyone, but themselves :P

some should be more mindful and think before they type
    seriously
    "...as silent as a whispering wind, I am your friend..."
    ~Sylphiness xo
    Winged Elven Archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sylph~
    -Immortal, and without a soul...-
    Paracelsus~16th century Alchemist's description of the fairy~like Elemental of Air/Wind
    see pics of my character~ click on my name then home page in contact info^^
  • kaotic901
    kaotic901 Posts: 1
    edited November 2009
    What's the point of being able to use continuous chains of skills, if they only deal a fraction of what they can compared to a pure dex build? (I rather use a mp pot or a mp charm to fix this problem) I don't think all Elf race characters, rather cleric or archer, use their level 1 wings til end game. So, becoming a arcane archer for that seems kind of pointless if you're going to end up ditching that reason once you get a decent wing from the cash shop/buy it from a seller. Is it beneficial to lose a high percentage of your critical hit rate and increased range damage for mana regeneration and magical defense? Are you a wizard, or a archer? b:bye

yo i agree with you 100% on that note
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    aren't you rude *looking up at the jerkwad*

would you want people to do that to one of your threads

then again, some people show no respect for anyone, but themselves :P

some should be more mindful and think before they type
    seriously

If I make a thread about how awesome MAG Archers are, then please, don't flame my thread. Shoot me right away.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i'm a robe BM that uses a bow and can heal himself with his pheonix while i tank a world boss in tiger form. thats what my build allows me to do. 2 magic, 1 vit, 1 dex and 1 str per lvl.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i'm a robe BM that uses a bow and can heal himself with his pheonix while i tank a world boss in tiger form. thats what my build allows me to do. 2 magic, 1 vit, 1 dex and 1 str per lvl.

LMAO...b:chuckle

@ OP --> Keep in mind whenever you post something that is WAY off the norm for the character you WILL get responses like you have.

But in all honesty an Arcane Archer is.......b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm resatting Arcane Archer ASAP. Also i am Sage (SO GOOD!) b:bye
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    LMAO...b:chuckle

@ OP --> Keep in mind whenever you post something that is WAY off the norm for the character you WILL get responses like you have.

But in all honesty an Arcane Archer is.......b:surrender

it's not just because it's way out of the norm. the topic was brought up before and a lot of posters came up with legitimate analysis of the build. many posters gave the OP advice on why her build simply doesn't work either

(3mag 1 str 1 dex, which was in her sig)

the OP is just arrogant enough to not listen to anyone and tell everyone who isn't an arcane archer to gtfo her thread and learn to read. most of the hate in the thread was like...2 archers arguing with each other and going completely off topic (which happens often b:chuckle)
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think an acrane archer is almost a big a fail as me +7ing my lvl 42 xbow :D

Non TT xbows after level 20 require level x5 so this weapon would have to be level 45.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Non TT xbows after level 20 require level x5 so this weapon would have to be level 45.

I am soo amused on how you seems to know sooo much.
    (i wana be yur fanb:victory) LoLb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lolololollllllllllllllll
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I am soo amused on how you seems to know sooo much.
    (i wana be yur fanb:victory) LoLb:dirty

...Asterelle wraps her arms tightly around Sasha. Sasha rests her head against Asterelle's chest as Asterelle whispers in her ear,

"Non TT slingshots require level x8."

b:chuckle
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dear Qui,

You are awesome.

Sincerely, Me.
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2009

LoL that wld be a total turn off... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2009

She totally would not say that...

... Wind and the Clouds requires level 69.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    She totally would not say that...

... Wind and the Clouds requires level 69.

pfft molds don't count! Lightcatcher is lvl 30, Solarslayer is lvl 61, Windcatcher is lvl 88. so THERE!
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    pfft molds don't count! Lightcatcher is lvl 30, Solarslayer is lvl 61, Windcatcher is lvl 88. so THERE!

You win this round...
  • Bijorin - Dreamweaver
    Bijorin - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Okay, so is there any solid advantages of an Arcane Archer? Even if it's PvE. Does the MAG increase the "spell" skills Archers have?
    You will be laughed at
    Why care about what other people think? Are strangers THAT important to you?

I don't support this build, but I don't agree with all the flaming it's getting either. Putting everyone down that's playing a game differently, even if it's a "wrong way", is very immature IMO. If you think they don't realize it's a mistake, that's one thing. But why does it bother you that someone else is playing a handicapped character? It's not yours, you shouldn't be so bothered by it. Heck, if they PvP often, it means you get more wins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loboth - Heavens Tear
    Loboth - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    That's a nice way of saying "my character sucks"
    No it isn't, Rudy.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Okay, so is there any solid advantages of an Arcane Archer? Even if it's PvE. Does the MAG increase the "spell" skills Archers have?

the only solid advantage i can think of is magic defense and a bigger mana pool. magic does not increase spell damage, spell damage is determined by physical attack for archers.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited November 2009

MAG does not increase any archer attack damage.

However, arcane archers can wear sleeves which increase channelling. Sleeves of Sea Captain are ok-ish but you can do better with luck and random adds. If you get good channelling gear, your damage per second goes up. Also, your slightly reduced dexterity does not matter so much for skill damage, like it does for normal attacks.

Anyways, if you get enough good channelling gear, your damage per second starts going up. If you get enough channelling gear you might even benefit (in terms of damage per second) by equipping magic rings with good channelling bonuses (but you would need to work out for yourself, and do some tests with an arcane archer, to work out if or when that would happen, because really good channelling gear will be random and you get reduced damage per shot if you switch from might rings to magic rings).
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    No it isn't, Rudy.

Thanks, anonymous. How heroic of you to use my real name in an attempt to make a higher impact behind an online alias b:chuckle

MAG does not increase any archer attack damage.

However, arcane archers can wear sleeves which increase channelling. Sleeves of Sea Captain are ok-ish but you can do better with luck and random adds. If you get good channelling gear, your damage per second goes up. Also, your slightly reduced dexterity does not matter so much for skill damage, like it does for normal attacks.

Anyways, if you get enough good channelling gear, your damage per second starts going up. If you get enough channelling gear you might even benefit (in terms of damage per second) by equipping magic rings with good channelling bonuses (but you would need to work out for yourself, and do some tests with an arcane archer, to work out if or when that would happen, because really good channelling gear will be random and you get reduced damage per shot if you switch from might rings to magic rings).

You could just get LA gear with -channeling. I have two pieces with channeling of the Serrated set for use in RB. Imo, RB is the only time channeling would really be useful, but I don't see an Arcane Archer actually surviving such a thing very easily since they'll have almost no STR and VIT (they have to sacrifice this into MAG) so they won't have sufficient DEF and HP. Mag DEF sure, but that's not sufficient.

I'm more worried about weapons you can't even carry if you were to go Arcane. Sea Captains require 118? MAG and the TT80 requires 240-ish DEX and 44 STR. You'd never be able to juggle all 3 of those stats to wear the most recent items without an expensive Tome.

So, so far:

Pros
    • More MP

Cons
    • No DEF
    • No HP
    • No great armor bonuses
    • No damage output
    • No crit
    • Nobody will want you on RB/Quests

If someone can still claim Arcane Archer is a smart thing to do then.. just wow. Is all I could say.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You could just get LA gear with -channeling. I have two pieces with channeling of the Serrated set for use in RB. Imo, RB is the only time channeling would really be useful, but I don't see an Arcane Archer actually surviving such a thing very easily since they'll have almost no STR and VIT (they have to sacrifice this into MAG) so they won't have sufficient DEF and HP. Mag DEF sure, but that's not sufficient.

I'm more worried about weapons you can't even carry if you were to go Arcane. Sea Captains require 118? MAG and the TT80 requires 240-ish DEX and 44 STR. You'd never be able to juggle all 3 of those stats to wear the most recent items without an expensive Tome.

arcane archer
    arcane archer with defensive ornaments
    light archer with channelling gear

With defensive ornaments the arcane archer looks like a slightly watered down version of the light archer with channelling gear. And, frankly, none of them have very good defenses, though the arcane archer's physical defense in full arcane gear is pitiful.

And, if we just think about normal attacks, the light armor archer has 26% dps higher than the arcane archer.

However, the arcane archer has 23% faster channelling than the light armor archer, and skills add their own damage to each attack and that remains unchanged from one build to another.

Also, I have read that channelling improvements from gear also improve casting time. So if we think about how much damage each can dish out in ten seconds, the arcane archer is going to get an extra shot which means extra skill damage and an extra chance to crit, and the arcane archer also will have an initiative advantage since her stunning shots will go off sooner than the light armor archer.

With the gear I posted, this puts them on a roughly even footing for skill-based damage-per-second.

From my point of view this means

Light armor archer:
    higher damage from normal attacks
    better physical defense
    higher evasion and accuracy

Arcane archer:
    reaction time advantage with skills
    better magical defense
    bigger mana pool and faster mana regen

Of course you can also adjust gear which would change some advantages and disadvantages. With gear swapping, this kind of simplistic pro/con thinking becomes a poor approximation of reality.

(Also, for an example of how comparisons get complicated, an arcane archer builds chi faster (23%), with skills, or includes frost arrow in their attack rotation and builds chi slower but fights slower enemies on land.)

Anyways, I would not bother with an arcane archer unless I had good channelling gear.