Arcane Archers~

Elveenah - Dreamweaver
Elveenah - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Archer
This thread is for those who play Arcane Archers~

Archers that wear Arcane Armor

if all you are going to do is talk down, or be negative

your comments are NOT welcome!

Please be mindful that not everyone plays the same way!

This is just a small place, free of criticism or complaint from those that play as Purist, Hybrid, and Mixed build playstyles, or any that may not have been mentioned.

~_~_~_
I know I prefer playing an Arcane Archer for the fact I never have to worry about how I use my skills. :D
I can just chain away~

That and the whole Flight Meter mess
~20 you don't take any MP loss for Flying, but no regen
~30-33 you don't take any MP loss for Flying, and gain regen of +1
[edit: Please remember, ALL Elves lose MP while in Combat, and even worse when your MP is Low
(There seem to be no exceptions to this for Archers or Clerics)]

(I discovered this playing on my other Archer)
I will keep the amounts of regen edited as I come across them :)

Any unique skill combos are welcome, even if you do not play as an Arcane Archer~

The ones i plan on mentioning shall require MP that a Purist would not be able to utilize, i do apologize ahead of time :P
I shall be focusing on those that will be of use to Arcane Archers

DISCLAIMER: I do respect Purists; nonetheless, since so many people play as that, I would rather Not. It is simply a matter of opinion and taste.
I am a unique individual and each of my characters are as well.

Arcane Archer at your service
I have high Mag stat and this is how I use my stat points:
0 Vit 3 Mag
1 Str 1 Dex

I regain Mana while Flying
I can use skills in ways you can only dream ;D
I wear Arcane Armor
I plan on refining my Bow
Post edited by Elveenah - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What's the point of being able to use continuous chains of skills, if they only deal a fraction of what they can compared to a pure dex build? (I rather use a mp pot or a mp charm to fix this problem) I don't think all Elf race characters, rather cleric or archer, use their level 1 wings til end game. So, becoming a arcane archer for that seems kind of pointless if you're going to end up ditching that reason once you get a decent wing from the cash shop/buy it from a seller. Is it beneficial to lose a high percentage of your critical hit rate and increased range damage for mana regeneration and magical defense? Are you a wizard, or a archer? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What's the point of being able to use continuous chains of skills, if they only deal a fraction of what they can compared to a pure dex build? (I rather use a mp pot or a mp charm to fix this problem) I don't think all Elf race characters, rather cleric or archer, use their level 1 wings til end game. So, becoming a arcane archer for that seems kind of pointless if you're going to end up ditching that reason once you get a decent wing from the cash shop/buy it from a seller. Is it beneficial to lose a high percentage of your critical hit rate and increased range damage for mana regeneration and magical defense? Are you a wizard, or a archer? b:bye

Do you post more in the Archer forum than the BM Forum? I have to say, I think you are one of the most common non-Archers on this forum....b:shockedb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • Elveenah - Dreamweaver
    Elveenah - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ...scroll up, and especially down, and look for yourself :P

[edit: i thought this forum was for the literate, as in 'ability to read' ?_?]
    Arcane Archer at your service
    I have high Mag stat and this is how I use my stat points:
    0 Vit 3 Mag
    1 Str 1 Dex

I regain Mana while Flying
    I can use skills in ways you can only dream ;D
    I wear Arcane Armor
    I plan on refining my Bow
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    - You will be laughed at
    - MP isn't an issue with apoth/pots/charms
    - Chaining skills isn't the most time or mana-efficient way to kill mobs
    - You will be laughed at
    - You will deal sh*t damage
    - You will take massive damage
    - You will be laughed at
    - You will quit the game by the time you're 3x, 4x for sure. Any longer than that and you must be a ****.

But hey.. at least you're unique!
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    and the title of not being able to read goes to......scroll up and look for yourself :P

I can read titles perfectly well. It is just that since I find the idea of an Arcane Archer so preposterous, I decided to ignore the entire point of this post. (Plus, you said not to flame, and I couldn't think of anything to say about Arcane Archers that isn't a flame) b:bye

Plus, LMAO Transcend, that about sums it up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2009
    Do you post more in the Archer forum than the BM Forum? I have to say, I think you are one of the most common non-Archers on this forum....b:shockedb:cute

Yes, yes I do.

@OP: You should be grateful that any archers decided to comment on your game-play. Being an arcane archer isn't exactly beneficial in any way. Sure, you're unique. But you're also dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    3 mag/lvl does not allow you to use bows. that's like LA caster built.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In your sig you have that you are using a
    3 Mag 1 Str 1 Dex build.

This isn't enough dex to equip a bow of your level.

Bows are 3dex 0.5str every level
    Arcane armor is 1.5mag 0.5str every level

If you want to be able to equip same level arcane armor and a bow for your level you should do:

6 dex 1 str 3 mag every 2 levels

The biggest benefit to being an arcane archer is that TT90 arcane armor looks alot nicer than its LA counterpart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    The biggest benefit to being an arcane archer is that TT90 arcane armor looks alot nicer than its LA counterpart.

that is a myth, as with large enough **** all gear can look b:dirty.

go ahead and max them Astypoo b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This is just a small place, free of criticism or complaint from those that play as Purist, Hybrid, and Mixed build playstyles, or any that may not have been mentioned.
    So basically if anyone has a critique or opinion about your build other than "This r teh AWEZOMEZ!1111!1," then they aren't welcome?

If so, then you should just PM people who like the build and not make a pointless thread. If you're unwilling to accept criticism, then don't post on a public forum with people who have a different opinion than your own.

I know I prefer playing an Arcane Archer for the fact I never have to worry about how I use my skills. :D
    I can just chain away~
    So can a normal archer. Pots and charms exist for a reason.
    That and the whole Flight Meter mess
    ~20 you don't take any MP loss for Flying, but no regen
    ~30-33 you don't take any MP loss for Flying, and gain regen of +1
    [edit: Please remember, ALL Elves lose MP while in Combat, and even worse when your MP is Low
    (There seem to be no exceptions to this for Archers or Clerics)]

(I discovered this playing on my other Archer)
    I will keep the amounts of regen edited as I come across them :)
    Allow me to simplify this for you and save you the time: 10 Mag = +1 MP recovery. Natural wings consume 2 MP/sec. 20 Mag = flight without consuming MP (as every archer already knows). 30-70 Mag = +1 to +5 MP regained while flying. 80+ Mag = wing MP consumption negated during combat.
    Any unique skill combos are welcome, even if you do not play as an Arcane Archer~

The ones i plan on mentioning shall require MP that a Purist would not be able to utilize, i do apologize ahead of time :P
    I shall be focusing on those that will be of use to Arcane Archers
    Uhh.... wha? A pure dex archer can always just... you know... use a pot? A level 70 archer can have 1.8k MP with minimal (read: absolutely no) effort in gears. How much of an advantage does the robe archer who drops 103 points for mag to equip an up-to-date armor have over the regular archer? 1.3k more MP. A level 60 potion would give 50 less MP than putting those 100 points into mag. A level 70 potion would give roughly 200 more MP than those points put into mag.

Conclusion: Any skill combos the arcane archer can pull off can also be done by the regular archer... assuming the target survives long enough for the regular archer to finish their combo.
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Stacking -chan gear may prove helpful, if you can pull it off. You'll be skill spamming your brains out, so -int is kinda silly. I'd recomend:

-Getting a bow that maxes damage/attack over dps, as your spamming skills.

-Getting -chan belt, neck, wrists and plate. Faster skills is more damage. Don't get chan rings, as -chan might rings don't exsist, and you'll really need the damage with lowered dex.

-Look for -req gear, and use them to keep your magic as low as possible.

I wish you luck on this. I can see it being a silly unique style, which may work. I still thing pure dex/hybrid is better, hell I'd be more willing to go heavy over this, but I'd like to see it work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Stacking -chan gear may prove helpful, if you can pull it off. You'll be skill spamming your brains out, so -int is kinda silly. I'd recomend:

-Getting a bow that maxes damage/attack over dps, as your spamming skills.

-Getting -chan belt, neck, wrists and plate. Faster skills is more damage. Don't get chan rings, as -chan might rings don't exsist, and you'll really need the damage with lowered dex.

-Look for -req gear, and use them to keep your magic as low as possible.

LMFAO Love the signature Smobo.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    On a side note relevant to the topic at hand

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=500342&
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    -channeling gear sucks on an archer. Who cares if you're skills come out fast if you can't spam them like a robe user.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In your sig you have that you are using a
    3 Mag 1 Str 1 Dex build.

This isn't enough dex to equip a bow of your level.

Bows are 3dex 0.5str every level
    Arcane armor is 1.5mag 0.5str every level

If you want to be able to equip same level arcane armor and a bow for your level you should do:

6 dex 1 str 3 mag every 2 levels

She always answers correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i think a bow barbarian is even more effective then an archer with 1 dex a level seriously you wanna offer loads off p.def,lots off damage so you can spam skils and just hope you dont die and some extra mag def i dont see any purpose in your build except making you go ragequit
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Err whats the point of endlessly spamming skills doing pathetic damage? b:shocked

Even my melee shots would do more damage in the time i spend in spamming skills (even as a pure archer) unless my skill crits. Skills are primarily used to keep the target away from you and not kill (with exceptions to skill crits ofcourse. Love when it happens and u see a 5 digit number on its head).

For almost all mobs, Frost Arrow + knockback with the rest being just normal shots works just fine. An odd stun/aim low helps against those pesky inc def or inc life mobs.

Spamming skills like mad is not at all necessary and hence really no use for an arcane archer.

However, you could always be different and go along that path only to find out the rest of them are perhaps 100 times more superior when it comes to killing targets.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Archers get three skills with three second cooldowns (one that eats chi, but if you spam skills you will be building lots of chi), one with a two second cooldown (but limited range), three with six second cooldowns (one with limited range), three with eight seconds...

b:chuckle

The only skills i deem worthy of spamming are your metal attacks which are not quick in cooldown.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Archers get three skills with three second cooldowns (one that eats chi, but if you spam skills you will be building lots of chi), one with a two second cooldown (but limited range), three with six second cooldowns (one with limited range), three with eight seconds...

b:chuckle

ya but those are like 1s chan, 0.6s cast. i dont think any less channel will make a huge difference
    edited November 2009
    The only skills i deem worthy of spamming are your metal attacks which are not quick in cooldown.

Actually, I'd consider Stunning Arrow/Aim Low worthy of being spammed if it's in a duel against another archer. The difference is tiny between a -3% channeled Stunning Arrow versus a -0% channeled Stunning Arrow, but there is a difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Stunning Arrow stuns the target for like 3.5 seconds (4.5 if sage) and a cooldown of 15 seconds (Which i believe cant be reduced). Spam perhaps a couple of skills for 3.5 seconds.

At best the arcane archer would probably do some damage with a couple of metal atks but apart from that, due to low dex and hence low dmg, its not gonna be effective.

Once out of stun the pure dex is gonna probably stun the arcane archer and finish the job in seconds with better damage and crits using a child's toy (aka slingshot). Do note that other archers also have the same skills which would hit harder than what an arcane archer can throw at.

If u use aim low, the target can still cast skills and hence using it against an archer is a pure waste unless ur running away. Then again wings of grace would let u get out of the aim low status

Also given the arcane archer will be on arcane armours (and the HP being as bad as all archers) is not gonna last long against an archer who uses ranged physical atks.

Therefore even with channeling gear, an arcane archer would be inferior to a pure built archer without channeling gear.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    why was a second thread of this made when we already had a perfectly good one for discussion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think an acrane archer is almost a big a fail as me +7ing my lvl 42 xbow :D
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Actually, I'd consider Stunning Arrow/Aim Low worthy of being spammed if it's in a duel against another archer. The difference is tiny between a -3% channeled Stunning Arrow versus a -0% channeled Stunning Arrow, but there is a difference.

Your point seems to be attacking a different point. Not that stunning arrow and aim low are not spam worthy its just the cooldown (and chi cost) makes spamming null. However the channeling to get off stunning first on an archer in a DUEL.... While its nice then any other time you don't really see archer's stunning each other the same time.

If you meant by consistently using stunning arrow then that's fine, spam it all it you want in your terms, its a good skill.

At least you can kill, arcane archers LOL you are gonna hate archers
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Your point seems to be attacking a different point. Not that stunning arrow and aim low are not spam worthy its just the cooldown (and chi cost) makes spamming null. However the channeling to get off stunning first on an archer in a DUEL.... While its nice then any other time you don't really see archer's stunning each other the same time.

If you meant by consistently using stunning arrow then that's fine, spam it all it you want in your terms, its a good skill.

At least you can kill, arcane archers LOL you are gonna hate archers
    LOL DAMN I wish I hadn't have sold it now that'd be epic 1 shotting a lvl 80 acrane archer wit ha lvl 42 +7 xbow
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    LOL DAMN I wish I hadn't have sold it now that'd be epic 1 shotting a lvl 80 acrane archer wit ha lvl 42 +7 xbow

Let's find you an arcane archer first b:chuckle
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=44780e63ffdac462

spend the kind of $ you have on yourself failure, on an arcane archer, and look how much stronger they are than you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=44780e63ffdac462

spend the kind of $ you have on yourself failure, on an arcane archer, and look how much stronger they are than you.

Stronger? I can still 1 shot that

I got 8k HP unbuffed and rocking 10k-14k damage (or more cant remember) 5k pdef already out the running gates and .87 attack rate, that bish wouldn't last long against me.

So before you call my archer a fail face it and when you hit the dirt then you can change your comment, TearValerin.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1788872630d8f023

^ Rough gestament of my stats/gear not able to check them at this exact second so yea.

And when I hit 99 there will be an extra 80 vit added on so thats what an extra 1,040 HP? idk
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    #1 lol you cant one shot that. ive seen plenty of LA classes with similar def easily tank high level archers
    #2 your archer does fail, no amount you ever spend on it will change that

arcane archer is plenty viable and still defensively stronger than you.
    ill get there without being an oracle noob, and easily slap your **** down :). you couldnt even kill my veno, ever, ill just have to teach you a lesson at your own game in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    #1 lol you cant one shot that. ive seen plenty of LA classes with similar def easily tank high level archers
    #2 your archer does fail, no amount you ever spend on it will change that

arcane archer is plenty viable and still defensively stronger than you.
    ill get there without being an oracle noob, and easily slap your **** down :). you couldnt even kill my veno, ever, ill just have to teach you a lesson at your own game in the future.

You've never seen me pvp and when I faught your veno, TearValerin, I was 8x you 9x.

Under-estimation is going to be your down fall and I'll be there holding the bow that causes said down fall.