cleric < wizard
    cleric > veno
    cleric < nix
    cleric = cleric
    cleric > barb
    cleric < archer

discuss and vote

There's my opinion.
    Also, I don't think many clerics are good at PvP, simply because it is a difficult class to PvP with. Those that do Know what they are doing however, are pretty flippin amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    At equal levels, I have the most trouble with BMs and Nix venos, but BMs are getting easier as my seal/sleeps are leveled up. Same level archers are surprisingly easy kills so far.

Edit: im light armor build though. Typical arcane builds are super squishy with physical attack =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There's my opinion.
    Also, I don't think many clerics are good at PvP, simply because it is a difficult class to PvP with. Those that do Know what they are doing however, are pretty flippin amazing.

Thank you.

I was about to head desk at the atrocity that Mages die to clerics b:cry One little Blade tempest and All the hp goes away.

every

last

drop
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    er.. forgot about wizard blade tempest being half physical....

and i mainly was talking about arcane clerics, i feel LA on a cleric sacrifices too much HP/matk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    er.. forgot about wizard blade tempest being half physical....

and i mainly was talking about arcane clerics, i feel LA on a cleric sacrifices too much HP/matk

I agree. Arcane Clerics > LA

EDIT: Not because of less HP, just because of less MagAtk.
    If a cleric times his/her moves properly, then sleep, Shell, etc should more than make up for their lack of phy def.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    I agree. Arcane Clerics > LA

EDIT: Not because of less HP, just because of less MagAtk.
    If a cleric times his/her moves properly, then sleep, Shell, etc should more than make up for their lack of phy def.

my best arcane cleric had buffed pdef equal/higher than the unbuffed pdef of LA clerics of equal level... plus my cleric had MUCH higher HP... but then again, it was custom-built outside of the stats (it was expensive lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    cleric > bm
    cleric < wizard
    cleric > veno
    cleric = cleric
    cleric = barb
    cleric = archer

discuss and vote

players r both 90+

wiz -undine, gush,sleep, bt b:bye

barb - stun, both debuffs, perdition ur dead without shield/ cleric - dont feel like explainin cause its longb:chuckle

ea with demon qs will end u quickly w/o shield / ep - sleep, debuffs, 1 or 2 genie skills, tempest =dead ea
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    cleric > bm
    cleric< bm
    cleric > wizard pre level 79
    cleric < wizzie post 70
    cleric > veno (unless veno has nix)
    cleric = cleric
    cleric = barb
    cleric < archer pre 70
    cleric > archer post 70

with good maq ornaments and/or split armor a bm should never have any trouble with clerics up to 10 levels above them and im assuming the < and > are greater than less than sighns

but with good gear/tactics all are =

and ya blade tempest is the anti robe
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    cleric > bm
    cleric > wizard
    cleric > veno
    cleric = cleric
    cleric < barb
    cleric < archer

discuss and vote

wizard > cleric

veno > cleric

cleric = cleric

barb > cleric

archer > cleric

bm > cleric

sorry, but thats how it goes. endgame with decent gears +7/+8, this is how it will turn out most of the time
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wizard > cleric

veno > cleric

cleric = cleric

barb > cleric

archer > cleric

bm > cleric

sorry, but thats how it goes. endgame with decent gears +7/+8, this is how it will turn out most of the time

not likely in my experiences (not high level though), i'm LA cleric and can take rather good barbs in the 80's down to about half hp and my gear isn't even top of the line. it's simple really PVP is 70-80% skill gear isn't everything but it helps. the + on gear gives more hp woopdie god damn doo that just means 1-2 more shots till you die oh well. I duel ALOT and have experience to what does and doesn't hurt a cleric. phys classes like bm and barb are a joke for me, and i'm not kidding. find me a barb my level that i cant kill and a bm that's actually good enough to kill me then send them my way I need a challange my level. killed a 79 barb at lvl 63 (LA combigned with shell is the bane of all phys even a stun or two dont bother me). Archers have phys and elemental and that's the problem, LA helps with shell yes. but if LA is on their lightning just plain hurt. in Arcane with shell my mp goes down so fast it's not even funny but their lightning don't hit as hard so it's 50/50 there if I use Ironheart and i'm 100% dead if i dont (when in LA) vs archers around my level. wizards i just cast a couple IH when their asleep, get a good stack up and i can get enough shots in before they can out dmg my heals. veno's are annoying. but just sleep or stun the pet and deal with the veno itself before the seal ends. with nix and fleash ream I normally loose if i dont take care of the sealing fast. herc dmg is easily tankable with shell as i nuke away at the caster. other clerics i dont like to fight unless we both agree not to heal otherwise it just takes to damn long. but in that area it's whoever is more skilled and/or who has their timing down. so this is my general chart:

LA cleirc > BM
    AA cleric = BM (tactics make a difference here)
    LA cleric > barb (easily if their around my level)
    AA cleric = barb tactics vary on both sides of this fight (power isn't enough)
    LA cleirc < wizard withought good tactics
    AA cleric > wizard most the time if their good
    LA cleric = veno it's mostly tactic in that area
    AA cleric = veno yet again mostly how you use ur tactics
    LA cleric + archer is whoever is more skilled cause this can still go either way
    AA cleric < archer most of the time
    LA cleric = LA cleric
    AA cleric = AA cleric
    LA clierc < AA cleric (dmg from magic is higher then LA vs little taken)

now as i stated above barbs arent hard for a LA cleric neither are bm's. the dmg they do is about 60% of what they hit an AA for. and dmg output isn't everything but at the same time it is. if i get you slept and have a IH stack up if i dont die in 3 shots then you wont kill me. and my shell is up it just worsens ur chances when ur phys. but tactics with a cleric is everything. timing can be the compete difference between win and loss. dueled a lvl 84 barb yesterday and his demon spark didnt bother me one bit cause i just slept him during the casting of it. (duel so genies and apoth werent allowed) i got him to like 1/7 his hp or so in 2 shots or so (yea i got that many in) but then things went bad for me lol. stuned when i didnt have IH stack up. slept demon so i didnt have a large enough IH stack up generally. and not great gear so 2k hp or so vs his 900 or so dmg per shot lol. wasn't able to sleep during plume shells downtime cause of demon or i woulda been fine. if i was around his level which i'd probably have 4-5k hp unbuffed (going for good gear TT80 gold sharded so i'm poor on gear atm) and my IH will be stronger can take more duirng plume and hit alot harder. so their is a difference. but skill is 70% of the battle he 1 shots clerics after he demon sparks but i survived even his geddon with shell up b:shocked that was scary. but 1 shot after that and i was dead. so dont go thinking one class always beats another cause even the GENERAL that i put is opt to change via who's more skilled

PS: sry for the extremly long post
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Wizard Decimates any EP with Blade tempest.
    Ffs
    Sutra --> BT= GG
  • White_Puma - Harshlands
    White_Puma - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I never have trouble with my level clerics, nomatter their build. Blade Tempest can normally 1 shot them, and at the least tick their charm allowing me to easily finish.

While full attack clerics do a ton of damage to me, it still isnt enough to really make any difference after a blade tempest.
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Wizard Decimates any EP with Blade tempest.
    Ffs
    Sutra --> BT= GG

not entirely, blade tempest half of it is stopped by winged shell. and the heal is helpful, but so are both casters sleep clerics being stronger. but hey it's still mostly skill. and somebody who knows what the hell their doing and not going mainly on pk lower levels for their count may be able to do pretty good which goes both ways. but yea timing on cleric is still everything lol. wizard heals do heal alot and wizards in LA are my biggest worry but in AA with plume i normally don't mind as much.
    edited October 2009
    shintera, i didnt bother reading your wall of text.

clerics suck at PK. sorry to say, but they dont bring anything exceptional to the table in terms of killing power.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009

clerics suck at PK. sorry to say, but they dont bring anything exceptional to the table in terms of killing power.

ok then, i'll take mental note to kill you once I hit your level then.

edit: dumb mistake on my part ur in heavens tear :(, but nonetheless clerics actually hurt quite a bit, if ur gonna probably cash shop to get +7/+8 gear and higher then it's just insane hp and alittle more dmg. tempest and wield thunder with ele seal ect. can hit you pretty damn hard especially double sparked and with elemental seal cast on you. but hey a good 8k or so isn't very good in pk now is it. i'm LA and i've hit barbs my level for 5k in one lvl 1 tempest and it only gets much much worse. so how is that not enough dmg in pk when you die in 2-3 shots enough.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    not likely in my experiences (not high level though), i'm LA cleric and can take rather good barbs in the 80's down to about half hp and my gear isn't even top of the line. it's simple really PVP is 70-80% skill gear isn't everything but it helps. the + on gear gives more hp woopdie god damn doo that just means 1-2 more shots till you die oh well. I duel ALOT and have experience to what does and doesn't hurt a cleric. phys classes like bm and barb are a joke for me, and i'm not kidding. find me a barb my level that i cant kill and a bm that's actually good enough to kill me then send them my way I need a challange my level. killed a 79 barb at lvl 63 (LA combigned with shell is the bane of all phys even a stun or two dont bother me). Archers have phys and elemental and that's the problem, LA helps with shell yes. but if LA is on their lightning just plain hurt. in Arcane with shell my mp goes down so fast it's not even funny but their lightning don't hit as hard so it's 50/50 there if I use Ironheart and i'm 100% dead if i dont (when in LA) vs archers around my level. wizards i just cast a couple IH when their asleep, get a good stack up and i can get enough shots in before they can out dmg my heals. veno's are annoying. but just sleep or stun the pet and deal with the veno itself before the seal ends. with nix and fleash ream I normally loose if i dont take care of the sealing fast. herc dmg is easily tankable with shell as i nuke away at the caster. other clerics i dont like to fight unless we both agree not to heal otherwise it just takes to damn long. but in that area it's whoever is more skilled and/or who has their timing down. so this is my general chart:

LA cleirc > BM
    AA cleric = BM (tactics make a difference here)
    LA cleric > barb (easily if their around my level)
    AA cleric = barb tactics vary on both sides of this fight (power isn't enough)
    LA cleric = veno it's mostly tactic in that area
    AA cleric = veno yet again mostly how you use ur tactics
    LA cleric + archer is whoever is more skilled cause this can still go either way
    AA cleric < archer most of the time
    LA cleric = LA cleric
    AA cleric = AA cleric
    LA clierc < AA cleric (dmg from magic is higher then LA vs little taken)

now as i stated above barbs arent hard for a LA cleric neither are bm's. the dmg they do is about 60% of what they hit an AA for. and dmg output isn't everything but at the same time it is. if i get you slept and have a IH stack up if i dont die in 3 shots then you wont kill me. and my shell is up it just worsens ur chances when ur phys. but tactics with a cleric is everything. timing can be the compete difference between win and loss. dueled a lvl 84 barb yesterday and his demon spark didnt bother me one bit cause i just slept him during the casting of it. (duel so genies and apoth werent allowed) i got him to like 1/7 his hp or so in 2 shots or so (yea i got that many in) but then things went bad for me lol. stuned when i didnt have IH stack up. slept demon so i didnt have a large enough IH stack up generally. and not great gear so 2k hp or so vs his 900 or so dmg per shot lol. wasn't able to sleep during plume shells downtime cause of demon or i woulda been fine. if i was around his level which i'd probably have 4-5k hp unbuffed (going for good gear TT80 gold sharded so i'm poor on gear atm) and my IH will be stronger can take more duirng plume and hit alot harder. so their is a difference. but skill is 70% of the battle he 1 shots clerics after he demon sparks but i survived even his geddon with shell up b:shocked that was scary. but 1 shot after that and i was dead. so dont go thinking one class always beats another cause even the GENERAL that i put is opt to change via who's more skilled

PS: sry for the extremly long post

sorry duel is different from pk, and at your level players cant even max their lvl 29 skills yet. Different story with maxed skills
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Failed Topic b:bye
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    sorry duel is different from pk, and at your level players cant even max their lvl 29 skills yet. Different story with maxed skills

very true, i'm used to dueling up to 72 bm's, in pk charms come into place ect ect. plume shell is stronger in pk then in duel odly enough (mp charm 5 second regen makes it mean). but the stunlocks last a tad bit longer for bm's (if it lasts longer then 20 seconds i'm practicly done for) dueled a 83 bm last not and got uterly **** lol (fist bm) stuned me what once or twice (the 7 second one and such). but yea some of the skills do get mean later on but the same also goes for my hp gear and skills as well. i'm just going off of levels that i know. this mostly counts for lvl 80's and 70's (i rarely get to duel people my level b:surrender) but i know pk is a entirely different story. and whoever gets the jump has the advantage and such. but if a cleric gets the jump and seals before you can make urself immune to it. ur just a sitting duck unless you make ur genie specifically to awnser that and even then it's only a %. we only have 2 main nukes i'm aware and the cast time of them does lower our chances alot. but at the very least I wont die and i'll be able to escape with my life. barbs just end up so much hp that their hard to kill and with +7/+8 or higher gear ect it just gets insane. but if nobody dies then nobody looses (personal opinion) and yea somebody who spends actual money on the game to get so high will have an advantage that's already clear. or just spend alot of time mining to get up to it in which their hard work on their char is worth respect (spending money they don't have time, impatience, or just don't know how to get income). either way the server stays up for paying and respect on those who work and earn their gear. so if i loose withought putting so much effort in I won't have a problem with that. It's just him with +7/8 gear saying clerics are useless in pk in which their far from it. even in duels if i can beat somebody so many levels higher. i'd be able to do decetn to good vs somebody even my level in pk and that don't make us useless.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009

Carebear Tear's opinions b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009

lol pk server pker. i'll be going to a pvp server the moment i get a better cpu lol. in the meantime i'm enjoying my cleric and doing extremly good in duels and did decent in pk but i'll wait till i'm in 80's or so cause mostly 80's pk lower levels and so i don't feel like it yet.
    edited October 2009

ive probably had a lot more PK expierence than you have, PK server ragebear b:cute

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Good Clerics Kick a Barbs ****.
    IJS IMO TBH

Srsly Tho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Failed Topic
    Carebear Tear's opinions

troll b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
    edited October 2009
    Good Clerics Kick a Barbs ****.
    IJS IMO TBH

Srsly Tho

roflercopter, youve obviouslynever met a decent barb with 20k+ hp then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    _Miku_ - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Cleric > Mage (even at endgame i believe if the cleric gets off a sleep mage dies)
    Cleric < Veno
    Cleric < Bm
    Cleric < Barb (Scarey kitties they are x-x)
    Cleric > Archers (frankly I dont think archers are as scarey as ppl say)

No cleric or anyone within my lvl range has beatin me yet except wb 10 lvls ahead xD
    I am a veno with a nix tho :P
    For cleric i let them spam heals on themselves before i attack than purge em all out than have nix realm and stun along with my amp and they usually die before they get even 1 hit in.
    Even if ppl get a hit in i always have metabolic boost and soul transfusion XD
    Nixxxx :D
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    ive probably had a lot more PK expierence than you have, PK server ragebear b:cute

Maybe you just never met a good cleric...
    edited October 2009
    Maybe you just never met a good cleric...

i have. but if you read what i said..

they.do.not.bring.anything.exceptional.to.the.table.when.it.comes.to.playerKILLING.their.damage.is.mediocre.they.have.nothing.amazingly.explosive.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    I think if a barb has same skill lvl and good gear and the cleric has good gear also the barb will win D;
    They are pretty much unstoppable if the barb knows how to play, has vit build, is facing u down 1vs1, and has a charm.
    Cleric damage at end game isnt as much as mages right? (I could be wrong >.>)
    And mages have problems taking down a charmed barb.(i think)LOL X___X!!

I know in duels clerics are tough tho ;D.
    Those stacks heals, plume shot, and plume shield.
    They are the perfect class to take down a mage, or archer(try to stay in their personal space) in a duel, and venos w/o nix (maybe cuz the sawfly bleed is big too) XD
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    roflercopter, youve obviouslynever met a decent barb with 20k+ hp then.

meh if HP was everything then Tekk would be amazing (Tekk= highest HP of HL)
    and that dude sucks so much it's not even funny
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Are u serious?!?! :O
    A 20k hp barb would be scarey as heck to meet in a dark alley alone X___X
    (if he has a charm that is ;D)