PvP- Cleric vs ??

Comments

• Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    notice how i said "decent barb"
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    very true, i'm used to dueling up to 72 bm's, in pk charms come into place ect ect. plume shell is stronger in pk then in duel odly enough (mp charm 5 second regen makes it mean). but the stunlocks last a tad bit longer for bm's (if it lasts longer then 20 seconds i'm practicly done for) dueled a 83 bm last not and got uterly **** lol (fist bm) stuned me what once or twice (the 7 second one and such). but yea some of the skills do get mean later on but the same also goes for my hp gear and skills as well. i'm just going off of levels that i know. this mostly counts for lvl 80's and 70's (i rarely get to duel people my level b:surrender) but i know pk is a entirely different story. and whoever gets the jump has the advantage and such. but if a cleric gets the jump and seals before you can make urself immune to it. ur just a sitting duck unless you make ur genie specifically to awnser that and even then it's only a %. we only have 2 main nukes i'm aware and the cast time of them does lower our chances alot. but at the very least I wont die and i'll be able to escape with my life. barbs just end up so much hp that their hard to kill and with +7/+8 or higher gear ect it just gets insane. but if nobody dies then nobody looses (personal opinion) and yea somebody who spends actual money on the game to get so high will have an advantage that's already clear. or just spend alot of time mining to get up to it in which their hard work on their char is worth respect (spending money they don't have time, impatience, or just don't know how to get income). either way the server stays up for paying and respect on those who work and earn their gear. so if i loose withought putting so much effort in I won't have a problem with that. It's just him with +7/8 gear saying clerics are useless in pk in which their far from it. even in duels if i can beat somebody so many levels higher. i'd be able to do decetn to good vs somebody even my level in pk and that don't make us useless.

lol where are you dueling at? i wanna playb:sin

a full maq cleric with good equips is a walking self healing nuke than can gain as much defence as a tiger barb for 30 seconds at a time

killing a fully charmed cleric piloted by a good player can be as tough or tougher than geting a fully charmed barb (the good ones will have like 14k hp in tiger at my level not 20k) give them the respect they deserve b:angry

clerics dont hit hard? you ever eaten a tempest from a full maq cleric?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think if a barb has same skill lvl and good gear and the cleric has good gear also the barb will win D;
    They are pretty much unstoppable if the barb knows how to play, has vit build, is facing u down 1vs1, and has a charm.
    Cleric damage at end game isnt as much as mages right? (I could be wrong >.>)
    And mages have problems taking down a charmed barb.(i think)LOL X___X!!

I know in duels clerics are tough tho ;D.
    Those stacks heals, plume shot, and plume shield.
    They are the perfect class to take down a mage, or archer(try to stay in their personal space) in a duel, and venos w/o nix (maybe cuz the sawfly bleed is big too) XD

Already on my level als nixed venos arent impossible to kill. If you see the veno first or at least not too late, sleep veno->purify->spark & kill veno as fast as possible. Then the veno, even if nicely equipped/skilled/played is never such a trouble to kill, bestly if arcane build. On 9x is a way simpler, cause in endgame gears nixies are simpler and faster to kill.

Sadly, ive never met a my lvl charmed barb i couldnt kill, and i am LA build (very low magical power). Generally is sufficient to kite them to make them tick and then kill in 10 seconds, with the help of fortify, and taking care to popup all defense possible before starting it it isnt such a problem. Other often used way is to bring to 51% barb HP and put all possible efforts in a tempest (if u can start with 2 spark and full chi bar is possible a combo like 1-spark, mdef debuff- extreme poison and tempest, but actually i managed to do it once only, since i need to sleep consuming 20 chi before casting the combo). This last strategy is prolly unusable on over 15k human-form barbs, if you don't hope in lucky crits. Btw, the 20k HP barb that was told about, is maybe in tiger form (i've still never even heard of anyone with 20kHP, btw). Barbs in opvo generally play in human form (lol) and more often with blood bath on (you don't know which class you will face in world PKing, huh...) that means that even 15k aren't so realistic even for a common endgame barb (then, if you come to talk me about a full-event-cashshopping-lunar-warsong-+10 refined barb, i think it doesnt even worth to discuss about).

Trust that if you think Cleric aren't good PvPers you have never met a good one.
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    May I interject?

Lightaine > Mage
    Lightaine > Cleric
    Lightaine > Veno
    Lightaine < Fist BM
    Lightaine <= Axe BM
    Lightaine < Charmed Vit Barb
    Lightaine > Uncharmed Barb
    Lightaine >= Damage Barb
    Lightaine > Archer who wasn't looking
    Lightaine < Archer who initiated attack

Who attacked first plays a pretty big role. Whoever was talking about Blade Tempest or something, I lol. That ticks me, then I proceed to shoot their face full of Demon Plume Shots, which fire off pretty fast.
    hai2u
    edited October 2009
    Already on my level als nixed venos arent impossible to kill. If you see the veno first or at least not too late, sleep veno->purify->spark & kill veno as fast as possible. Then the veno, even if nicely equipped/skilled/played is never such a trouble to kill, bestly if arcane build. On 9x is a way simpler, cause in endgame gears nixies are simpler and faster to kill.

Sadly, ive never met a my lvl charmed barb i couldnt kill, and i am LA build (very low magical power). Generally is sufficient to kite them to make them tick and then kill in 10 seconds, with the help of fortify, and taking care to popup all defense possible before starting it it isnt such a problem. Other often used way is to bring to 51% barb HP and put all possible efforts in a tempest (if u can start with 2 spark and full chi bar is possible a combo like 1-spark, mdef debuff- extreme poison and tempest, but actually i managed to do it once only, since i need to sleep consuming 20 chi before casting the combo). This last strategy is prolly unusable on over 15k human-form barbs, if you don't hope in lucky crits. Btw, the 20k HP barb that was told about, is maybe in tiger form (i've still never even heard of anyone with 20kHP, btw). Barbs in opvo generally play in human form (lol) and more often with blood bath on (you don't know which class you will face in world PKing, huh...) that means that even 15k aren't so realistic even for a common endgame barb (then, if you come to talk me about a full-event-cashshopping-lunar-warsong-+10 refined barb, i think it doesnt even worth to discuss about).

Trust that if you think Cleric aren't good PvPers you have never met a good one.

i have about 14k hp with boodbath in human, and i dont cs... so idk wtf your talking about.level 101 clerics with +7-10 weaopns dont even crit me for harder than 7-9l with tempest while im debuffed... soooooo gl.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HealinflameZ - Harshlands
    HealinflameZ - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Failed Topic b:bye

That.

Basicly goes like this:

Cleric poorly played+bad equip < or = than many [insert class]
    Cleric played properly+good equip > or =than many [insert class]

This is fire wood thread.
    To war!! Kill the men and tickle the women!!b:infuriatedb:angryb:infuriated
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    _Miku_ - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Im not saying clerics cant pk >.>
    As for a arcane veno vs a cleric i think the veno is toast.
    Clerics plume shots are gona mop the floor with arcanes and u clerics know it ;D
    I am a LA veno how ever and i do not think that ur well played plan will work that well cuz after ur 1st shot after spark and the veno can move again the nix will stun and the veno will maybe soul transfuse and purge ur spark off.
    So if the veno is nicely equiped and well played they are a handfull.

And against barbs if u are using a genie to try and beat him than what if he does a ToP or something cuz obviously they can use genies too.
    As a LA u can dodge em pretty good no?
    But with a good barb with misty rings than thats no longer a problem and u take on full damage.
    A barb also has that turtle thingy XD (forgote name)
    It reduces damage by 90% so thats their plume shield right there.
    If u get a barb to tick and than he sees u might kill him and he pops that skill than u will have 1 made kitty after u.
  • oversea
    oversea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    In a duel cleric can beat Barb... b:chuckle
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Im not saying clerics cant pk >.>
    As for a arcane veno vs a cleric i think the veno is toast.
    Clerics plume shots are gona mop the floor with arcanes and u clerics know it ;D
    I am a LA veno how ever and i do not think that ur well played plan will work that well cuz after ur 1st shot after spark and the veno can move again the nix will stun and the veno will maybe soul transfuse and purge ur spark off.
    So if the veno is nicely equiped and well played they are a handfull.

And against barbs if u are using a genie to try and beat him than what if he does a ToP or something cuz obviously they can use genies too.
    As a LA u can dodge em pretty good no?
    But with a good barb with misty rings than thats no longer a problem and u take on full damage.
    A barb also has that turtle thingy XD (forgote name)
    It reduces damage by 90% so thats their plume shield right there.
    If u get a barb to tick and than he sees u might kill him and he pops that skill than u will have 1 made kitty after u.

Hmmm well, the point is that Cleric must kill nix while venos is sleeping. If I fail doing that i have no chance to beat a nixed veno, at least at my level.

Over this, a LA veno dont have more mdef than an archer (and has definately lower HP), so its still weak to metal nukes (that are a way more powerful than physical ones). The only point is killing the nix, then i can talk about fighting the veno.

About barbs, i dont avoid so many attacks. Invoke can be usedonly in tiger form, and i swear not many barbs go tiger to invoke during a PvP... And as them use gnenie skills i do. On ground Thunderstorm deals very very interesting damages. The only point is in the ability to play on barb's charm, having the capacity to understand when is better to tick it and then massively damage the barb trying to kill in 10 seconds and when is better to bring to 51% and try a sparked-debuffed-extremepoisoned tempest. Genie skills are very helpful in this, like Fortify to avoid the risk to be stunned. It's all up to players imo...
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    roflercopter, youve obviouslynever met a decent barb with 20k+ hp then.

As you said, you are talking about a decent Barb.
    I am talking about a decent Cleric.

You will be no more able to kill them than they are you if they are using their moves correctly.

As far as them dealing explosive damage, maxed wield thunder is pretty damn nice; and they'll 3spark+ChiPot+Tempest your **** when you tick yourself with your own attack. (Then they just cylclone + Wield thunder you to death in the last 10 seconds)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yeah, like someone is just staying there and waiting to get cycloned/WT to death.
    Nice.

Next please.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009

You will be no more able to kill them than they are you if they are using their moves correctly.

As far as them dealing explosive damage, maxed wield thunder is pretty damn nice; and they'll 3spark+ChiPot+Tempest your **** when you tick yourself with your own attack. (Then they just cylclone + Wield thunder you to death in the last 10 seconds)

not to be an ****, but go hit 95+, then come talk to meb:shutup. you really cant comment on end game pvp at level 83.

a single zerk or crit and i can one shot the most powerful cleric on my server. pdef/hp ratio wise. barbs shouldnt be dieing 1v1 to anyone except

1:EXTREMELY geared 101 wizard (crit/pdef based)
    2:EXTREMELY GOOD/GEARED 95+ veno. (AA OR LA) (this only happens sometimes, if you plan ur rebuffs + ToP correctly, ull be fine.) Purge, amp spark+ 0pdef + nix = GG barb.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    not to be an ****, but go hit 95+, then come talk to meb:shutup. you really cant comment on end game pvp at level 83.

a single zerk or crit and i can one shot the most powerful cleric on my server. pdef/hp ratio wise. barbs shouldnt be dieing 1v1 to anyone except

1:EXTREMELY geared 101 wizard (crit/pdef based)
    2:EXTREMELY GOOD/GEARED 95+ veno. (AA OR LA) (this only happens sometimes, if you plan ur rebuffs + ToP correctly, ull be fine.) Purge, amp spark+ 0pdef + nix = GG barb.

You must have met very very crappy clerics... Myself, i can be 1shotted only from 90++ barbs with sparked perdition. And only if i don't have any kind of protection up (in other words, only when they wanna feel powerful trying hits in duels). And i am still a lowbie b:sad
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009

Make me a sig b:dirty
    edited October 2009
    *Demon Sparks and Tempests thread* b:angry
    hai2u
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Cleric > Mage (even at endgame i believe if the cleric gets off a sleep mage dies)
    Cleric < Veno
    Cleric < Bm
    Cleric < Barb (Scarey kitties they are x-x)
    Cleric > Archers (frankly I dont think archers are as scarey as ppl say)

No cleric or anyone within my lvl range has beatin me yet except wb 10 lvls ahead xD
    I am a veno with a nix tho :P
    For cleric i let them spam heals on themselves before i attack than purge em all out than have nix realm and stun along with my amp and they usually die before they get even 1 hit in.
    Even if ppl get a hit in i always have metabolic boost and soul transfusion XD
    Nixxxx :D
    NOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Mage> ANYTHING at endgame ANYTHING, our hp is Ginormous, We have our own sleep, our own seal, triple spark (sage, obv) and frigging Sage BIDS, not to mention Sutra --> BT= GG
    edited October 2009
    Say what you want, level 70 mage, I can survive any BT.
    hai2u
  • Disappear - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Say what you want, level 70 mage, I can survive any BT.

Amour deals 77740 damage.

to redsrose
    GG
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Amour deals 77740 damage.

to redsrose
    GG

wtb> spark resist

hard to time properly true.. not impossible though.

Edit: took out something stupid ._. my bad
  • Disappear - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    wtb> spark resist

or possibly, plume shell stacked with guardian light

hard to time properly true.. not impossible though.

WTB: Heaven force of will, 8 seconds unable to do anything and an AOE.

or possibly Sopoforic Whisper, Stacked with Sage FOW and Undine.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    WTB: Heaven force of will, 8 seconds unable to do anything and an AOE.

or possibly Sopoforic Whisper, Stacked with Sage FOW and Undine.

if the cleric is slow enough not to see stun coming, then sure.
  • Disappear - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    if the cleric is slow enough not to see stun coming, then sure.

Swish Point made.

Anything Listed in my last post wasn't a stun.
    L2PvP lah.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Swish Point made.

Anything Listed in my last post wasn't a stun.
    L2PvP lah.

mmk 1 shot. good luck killing me without stun
  • Disappear - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    mmk 1 shot.

Keep that talk up bowlinbob just don't deal 1407 damage or I might die b:laugh

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    edited October 2009
    Sleep > Dimensional Seal > Razor Feathers with Optional Extreme Poison. You're a 1-shot son. That's without spark.
    hai2u
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Sleep > Dimensional Seal > Razor Feathers with Optional Extreme Poison. You're a 1-shot son. That's without spark.

qft, silly nonfactor mage.
  • Disappear - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    qft, silly nonfactor mage.

Non Factor b:chuckle
    Nagare lost their land to Harvester
    Harvester
    Harvester

Nagare recruiting 7x?
    7x mage :P
    7x could qualifiy for Nagare but I'd rather join Harvester,(obv never will) I mean, clearly you lost your land to them.

Now look at Yellowflash. New CQ!
    :O
    Silly Non-factor Nagare.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Non Factor b:chuckle
    Nagare lost their land to Harvester
    Harvester
    Harvester

Nagare recruiting 7x?
    7x mage :P
    7x could qualifiy for Nagare but I'd rather join Harvester,(obv never will) I mean, clearly you lost your land to them.

Now look at Yellowflash. New CQ!
    :O
    Silly Non-factor Nagare.

we only recruit pro 7x's sorry. And as for Harvester, they outlevel us by far. Im not makign excuses, I'm just saying people who know nothing of them underestimated them.

end of discussion
  • Disappear - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    we only recruit pro 7x's sorry. And as for Harvester, they outlevel us by far. Im not makign excuses, I'm just saying people who know nothing of them underestimated them.

end of discussion

And coming from this Nonfactor mage, All battles are won before fought.

Lrn2TW Bowlinbob, it's apparent you didn't play on oracle server wth me.

Mannnnnnn, I miss that server, it's dead now, but my level 101 sage mage LIVES ON
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    And coming from this Nonfactor mage, All battles are won before fought.

Lrn2TW Bowlinbob, it's apparent you didn't play on oracle server wth me.

Mannnnnnn, I miss that server, it's dead now, but my level 101 sage mage LIVES ON

yea yea.. Ive only been to 3-4 TWs

and your right, we lost the TW because of me, cause you know 1 7x cleric makes all the difference in TW. vs 20-25 lvl 9x's