The Life Cycle of an Archer

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Don't worry, I'm not offended if you hijack this thread.

I forgot to put in a "How does Sharptooth work?" somewhere in there.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Don't worry, I'm not offended if you hijack this thread.

I forgot to put in a "How does Sharptooth work?" somewhere in there.

Something along the lines of:
    "Oh cool, this skill can reduce monster HP.
    ... Wait a minute. Why is it HEALING the boss? This skill sucks!"
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    Something along the lines of:
    "Oh cool, this skill can reduce monster HP.
    ... Wait a minute. Why is it HEALING the boss? This skill sucks!"

lol me remember the first time I saw an archer use sharpen tooth arrow.
    He was like watch closely guys ima cast healing arrow.
    and then poof the bosses life goes up! (O.o)
    me was confoosed for about 2 seconds...
    and then my spell cast and me realized my hits were taking off a larger chuck of his life... lols
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My archer's life cycle:

1-10: Whoa I can shoot stuff!
    10-19: Whoa I can shoot stuff without dying!
    19-45: God damnit, why did I have to put 30 points into mag =___=
    46: F*ck it, I'm rolling a cleric.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited October 2009
    My archer's life cycle:

1-10: Whoa I can shoot stuff!
    10-19: Whoa I can shoot stuff without dying!
    19-45: God damnit, why did I have to put 30 points into mag =___=
    46: F*ck it, I'm rolling a cleric.

b:victory

lol DeathBanana have fun on your cleric.
    xD
    is it going to be called LifeBanana?
    lols.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Epidemik - Lost City
    Epidemik - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    dont discourage me from lvling QQ b:cry
    for me its been
    1-19: dammit...it says my arrows need to be repaired but it wont let me
    20-29: glowing bow b:dirty, knockback arrow! i think i like this
    30-39: let me get my first pk, here i go!!! wait ! noooo *gets oneshot*
    40-49: nneeedd moarr dexxx *looks for all equips with dex*
    50-60: wait...**** i have no money
    -Hiatus/inactive
  • Krakell - Heavens Tear
    Krakell - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:laugh my life as an archer:
    1-10: im an archer, but i need a Blade for when they get me!!... WTF its happening?!
    11-20: OMG cant fly from Plume to Bamboo Village without fall down to Lake of the Plume O.o, stupid MP.i will put more Magic points... and cant buy more arrows... what im gonna do?!
    21-30: niiiiiiiiice... new glowing cross, more damage... O.o Archosaur!... lots of people!!! - I hate Charr b:angry
    31-40: i need dexterity... need more critics and Misses (WHY I SPEND POINTS IN MAGIC?!)... new skills... need spirits... change weapon?... what would i do?!
    41-50: NEED rought fur
    50-61: IRON HAMMER?... cant buy it b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Desde Argentina, para el Mundo!
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1-7: I talk to the guy, I kill things I level. Questing makes it easy but the elder is asking me to fly somewhere? Erm..... I mean I can jump high but.... I`ll do this one later.
    8: Ooh, thats how you fly. WEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    9-10: Damnit I can only fly a few seconds. Well lets throw some points into magic.
    11: -reads Annor`s guide where it talks about stats- Oh ****!
    12-18: things keep running close and killing me. And god ammo is expensive.
    19: Yay I can push enemies away, and I got a sweet new crossbow. However it seems not very many people play this game.
    20-40: Arch is soooooo laggy. So this is where everyone is. Yay quests. Clerics can rez people when they die :o .
    41-50: I finally saved up enough cash for a reset stone. Yay, my magic is 3. Idk what wep to use, seems slingshots are utter fail however. Damnit, rez plz.
    51-60: General Summer's bow is awesome. I deal soo much damage. ****, rez plz.
    61-68: I wanna tt, lets go tting now ^^.... wait I need a rez first.
    69-81: W&C is awesome. I deal soo much damage. Wait what do you mean I'm dealing too much damage? I'm an archer, dealing lots of damage is my thing. Who invented agro anyways. >( rez plz
    82: WQ is sooooooooooo boring. I mean, you know you`re bored when you`re posting your crappy life story on the forums between stops. I know someone who teleports the whole thing. She's a tad on the weirdo side most of the time, but she may be onto something with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    82: WQ is sooooooooooo boring. I mean, you know you`re bored when you`re posting your crappy life story on the forums between stops. I know someone who teleports the whole thing. She's a tad on the weirdo side most of the time, but she may be onto something with that.

Quick EXP, high costs. Especially the upper 20s books that are all around Sanctuary, Dreamweaver and Dreaming Cloud. That's a bunch of 6,000 or 8,000 teleports. Not to mention 29->30->Archosaur.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited October 2009
    Quick EXP, high costs. Especially the upper 20s books that are all around Sanctuary, Dreamweaver and Dreaming Cloud. That's a bunch of 6,000 or 8,000 teleports. Not to mention 29->30->Archosaur.

That weirdo is me (Sir Smobo and I are in the same faction).

Teleporting for world quests comes to 60k-90k, depending on how you handle Swiftwind Village, Sumor Camp, and Dragons' End. Fly to Arch from books 26+. At level 91, that's 300k experience.

You save a lot of time teleporting. Totally worth it.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you can always combine a bit of flight with a bit of tele, if you want to skip the more expensive towns. but arch -> 1k is totally worth it.

otherwise if you're just going to fly the whole thing AND be in-game it's a horrific waste of time. might as well grind on an eso for more exp and coins. i honestly haven't done wq for weeks
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i honestly haven't done wq for weeks

Qui stop skipping your dailies, its unhealthy :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited October 2009
    b:shocked
    Me fly my entire WQ on.... the basic level 30 aerosword. b:infuriated
    me has a secret weapon called.... A BOOK! zmog makes time pass faster~!
    b:scorn

i've already done 3 or was it 4? WQ so far.
    b:pleased
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Teleporting for world quests comes to 60k-90k, depending on how you handle Swiftwind Village, Sumor Camp, and Dragons' End. Fly to Arch from books 26+. At level 91, that's 300k experience.

Funny how the same people who complain about how boring WQ is will drop 60-75K on a share of wine to do a BH run every day just to get one boss. That's the same 200K EXP (at 8x range) you get from WQ for the same price.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Qui stop skipping your dailies, its unhealthy :<
    hope your up for todays daily BH? b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited October 2009
    Funny how the same people who complain about how boring WQ is will drop 60-75K on a share of wine to do a BH run every day just to get one boss. That's the same 200K EXP (at 8x range) you get from WQ for the same price.

but BH gives some slight bit of $$ back from monster kills/item drops (not alot but it's still something) also chance of mold drops and such.
    and lol me beat your post by 1/10 of a second literally. (O.o)'

*edit: how did this topic become a daily quest discussion topic???*
    (O.o)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *edit: how did this topic become a daily quest discussion topic???*
    (O.o)

You're right. I was going to explain how buying a max speed mount and farming high mats in the relevant stretches will let you finish WQ in 30-35 minutes and just about break even. But, that would be off topic.

And, no, it's not that I'm just mad about being beaten by a hamster - harumph.

By the way, I tried the book approach, but it gave my wife far too much ammunition: "What kind of game is it where you read a book while you're playing it? Shut that thing off."
    "?" IS my avatar.
    edited October 2009
    You're right. I was going to explain how buying a max speed mount and farming high mats in the relevant stretches will let you finish WQ in 30-35 minutes and just about break even. But, that would be off topic.

And, no, it's not that I'm just mad about being beaten by a hamster - harumph.

By the way, I tried the book approach, but it gave my wife far too much ammunition: "What kind of game is it where you read a book while you're playing it? Shut that thing off."

me has just the answer. Tell her that this game is expanding your mental processes to the point where you can multitask numerous thought intensive activities and comprehend various philosophical questions of life.
    (o.O)
    and if she asks "like what?" then answer how the meaning of life is cheesecake and pie. b:chuckle

*dance dance*
    (>'.')>
    <('.'<)
    ^(o.o)^
    d(^.-d)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LOOOOL!!!!! AWESOME!!! haha thanks for the laugh dude. b:laughb:laugh
    edited October 2009
    Hmm... so now the Clerics and Wizards have their own Life Cycle threads... but they, as well as some of you, seemed to have missed the point. (And the Wizard one is blatant plagiarism, I tell you.)

My original post was a parody of the most commonly asked questions and statements on the archer forums, plus a few of my own jokes injected into it (like the Summer's Longbow costing 500k...). I totally did not expect others to post their own life cycles on this thread, and apparently that is what the Cleric and Wizard threads are in their entirety as well.

I mean, can you really imagine me doing this:
    Level 60-64: I love this crossbow; it glows such a pretty green. Also, I've found the ultimate archer combo against mobs: Deadly Shot -> Frost Arrow -> Quickshot -> Stunning Arrow -> Knockback -> Aim Low. After that, I've dealt so much damage that I can just finish with normal attacks.

Ah well, now we get to read the embarrassing life cycles of other classes. Just don't tell them the truth...
  • Elvenhawk - Heavens Tear
    Elvenhawk - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    OMG that was the funniest thing ever sooo true but hilarious nontheless :)))
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    0-9 I believe I can flyyy

10-18 I believe gathering mats is more productive so I never fly. In fact I walk to lost city and etherblade to gather mats and save 1k from teleporting

19 *fights fb mob* RETREAT! *runs out*

20-28 muahaha I get all the mobs first suckers

29 wait this tab doesn't work in the fb cave... Wait it has it's own cave?!?

30-38 I want to go sage! I will go against the odds of magority going- *sees demon spark for first time* I'm going demon

39 ok so it's in the valley of death... HELP

40-49 gosh I thought I'd get enough DQ orders but can't get penatrator

50 WHERE IS MY FB49 T~T

51 there it is :D

52-54 tusk town... I deem this worse than broken bow

55-58 <3 general's bow

59 OMG I have to wine fbs now ._. my moneyyy!!

60-68 so this is a PvP weapon... I don't like this slow **** weapon

69 WatC <3 I love the speed but I look like a kid now ._. I'm gonna save my fb69 for wraith's ploy

70-78 what is this gamma people do... I'll wait till 80

79 well I'm not getting any new weapon... *refines WatC to +5* don't feel like doing my fb79 yet, didn't get to Linus in wraith's ploy

80-86 GAMMA GAMMA GAMMA

87 if I thought I looked funny with WatC let's add a summer camp outfit

88 WINDCATCHER WOOT! Not a slow **** xbow like before <3

89 DEMON SPARK *dies stealing aggro*

90 wait archers are bad endgame?!? NUUUUUU T~T
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Quote: Level 60-64: I love this crossbow; it glows such a pretty green. Also, I've found the ultimate archer combo against mobs: Deadly Shot -> Frost Arrow -> Quickshot -> Stunning Arrow -> Knockback -> Aim Low. After that, I've dealt so much damage that I can just finish with normal attacks.
    edited October 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    Quote: Level 60-64: I love this crossbow; it glows such a pretty green. Also, I've found the ultimate archer combo against mobs: Deadly Shot -> Frost Arrow -> Quickshot -> Stunning Arrow -> Knockback -> Aim Low. After that, I've dealt so much damage that I can just finish with normal attacks.

I really hope you are being sarcastic.
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I really hope you are being sarcastic.

He doesnt sound like he is being sarcastic b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • SakuraMiko - Sanctuary
    SakuraMiko - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Quote:
    Level 60-64: I love this crossbow; it glows such a pretty green. Also, I've found the ultimate archer combo against mobs: Deadly Shot -> Frost Arrow -> Quickshot -> Stunning Arrow -> Knockback -> Aim Low. After that, I've dealt so much damage that I can just finish with normal attacks.

am kinda nooby. why is this combo bad? b:puzzled
    This is my new main b:victory... I think b:shutup

Other chars include:
    8x Blademaster (Corrinae)
    7x Cleric (LadyPhoenix)
    edited October 2009
    Quote:

am kinda nooby. why is this combo bad? b:puzzled

The typical combo is:

Frost Arrow -> Normal -> Normal -> Knockback -> Normal for the rest

As you can see, this is combo is *much* less mana intensive, yet still very effective.

Skill-spamming against mobs is a fairly typical new beginner behavior.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    my life cycle:

1-49: being an archer is so pro, i cant wait until i'm higher lvl

50-59: oh boy i cant wait to get barrage of arrows and my good lvl 60 green crossbow.

60-69: wow i really wanted to be in the swamps before but i hate it here. i got my +5 sling with flawless shards in it, i cant wait till lvl 70.

70-79: uh oh let the QQ begin, lets see how fast i can get on the pk list without living in the low lvl areas.

80-82: ok i'm done pking, i wanna get to 89 asap. it took me real long to get my hh80 crossbow.

83-84:anniversary packs? O_O maybe i can get my 79 skills and that cool FF bow.

85: yea... i dont think i like not pking.

weeks after being 85: maybe i shouldnt have spent over $900 on this game... its kinda boring. :\

a few days later: downloads JD and logs on to pwi as a charmless archer getting all my stuff shattered by high lvls. b:laugh
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1-29: so like...is archer the best pvp class? and...im wonder if im doing this right...4str 1 dex? what skills should i get? for pvp?

30-79: OMFG if u say archers aren't the best at pvp ur a NOOB cuz they rock the socks at pvp! yet ALL CLASSES ARE BALANCED except nix, which compose the most overpowered class of their own

80-89: hmm i do believe other classes might be catching up

90: after 90 levels of hardcore archer play i conclude that archers are the blah at pvp. how does i find monees to refine to +12?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Level 95-99: Archers suck at endgame! I need +8 in all my equips so I can last long enough to run away! Wah!!!

True.. You could have posted this soonerb:sadb:cry
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10