The Life Cycle of an Archer

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Archer
DISCLAIMER: This is not from personal experience... Really... Would I lie?

Level 1-9: What the heck, I deal half damage close up? That makes no sense. And why can't I shoot these mobs from the air? What does "kite" mean?

Level 10-19: If I add 15 points into Magic, I don't have to worry about my wings sucking up MP. Nice.

Level 20-29: The Trial Crossbow is awesome! I AM ARCHER; HEAR ME ROAR!

Level 30-39: Oh my freaking god, being an archer is so expensive. Stupid arrows cost so much...

Level 40-49: So I was wondering if I should go Sage or Demon. I think I'm going to choose X because the skills of Y are bad for blah blah blah and I know what I am talking about because I'm level 45. Also, where do I grind?

Level 50-54: WANT TO BUY PERFECT HAMMER FOR 500K!!

Level 55-59: Nice, 4 Crits in a row. ... For crying out loud, can't you keep aggro?! I was only using normal attacks...

Level 60-64: I love this crossbow; it glows such a pretty green. Also, I've found the ultimate archer combo against mobs: Deadly Shot -> Frost Arrow -> Quickshot -> Stunning Arrow -> Knockback -> Aim Low. After that, I've dealt so much damage that I can just finish with normal attacks.

Level 64-69: I'm wondering which weapon I should use in my 70s. Comparing Wind and the Clouds and Unicorn, I see:

W&C: Faster. Higher DPS.
Unicorn: Not a slingshot.

I think I'll go with Unicorn.

Level 70-74: Wait, I have to sub to get the items I want in TT runs, but you Tanks and Healers get them by default? How am I going to make my TT70 and TT80 armor?

Level 75-79: SHOULD I GET CRIMSON HORN: SOULSMASHER, OR SHOULD I GET SOMETHING ELSE, BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE HAS SOULSMASHER, AND IT LOOKS REALLY COOL, AND I WANT TO BE COOL, BUT IT COSTS SO MUCH MONEY AND I ALREADY SPENT SO MUCH GETTING MY UNICORN TO +6 WITH IMMACULATE SHARDS AND WHERE DO I GET GOLDEN SPIRITS FROM ANYWAYS BUT YEAH I REALLY REALLY WANT SOULSMASHER BUT I JUST CAN'T DECIDE!!!!

Level 80-84: Where is fashion? I need fashion. Purple-glowing golden peac.ock for the lose. And why does nobody zhen anymore?

Level 85-89: So I was wondering if I should go Sage or Demon. I think I'm going to choose X because the skills of Y are bad for blah blah blah and I know what I am talking about because I'm level 85. Also, where do I grind?

Level 90-94: Out with the golden peac.ock. In with the starfish domme outfit with a scuba diving fetish. By the way, which weapon should I get for endgame? I can't decide between the rank bow and warsoul. Is warsoul worth it? Interest rates are low, so I think I can ask my parents to take a second mortgage out on our house.

Level 95-99: Archers suck at endgame! I need +8 in all my equips so I can last long enough to run away! Wah!!!
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Unicorn
    45 being the same as 85
    Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher
    Fashion

And for the record:
    30-39: OMG SINISTER SHOOTER IS TOO EXPENSIVE!
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Comparing Wind and the Clouds and Unicorn, I see:

Haha this was my reason entirely. I still have yet to fire a shot in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Haha this was my reason entirely. I still have yet to fire a shot in this game.

Did you fire a snowball during the Christmas event?
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Here is my life cycle...

1-60 What the heck am I doing?

60-70 Wow TT wepons are alot better than NPC bought weapons

70-80 Someone stole my mold! I must now make alot of money to compensate for my loss!

80-90 I must now study PWcalc builds til im blue in the face. Wow I need to be a billionare to be powerful.... Thanks Jolly Jones! I dedicate this build to you!

90+ I retire from the grinds

1 month from retirement!
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LOL at the Unicorn.

Its funny though in lvls 35-40. U work ur **** to save enough to buy Armor of Barbarian Shaman and Sinister Shooter... and when you have enough, you are already lvl 60 and buy the 3*** serrated stuff on AH alredy sharded and slightly refined.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    LOL at the Unicorn.

Its funny though in lvls 35-40. U work ur **** to save enough to buy Armor of Barbarian Shaman and Sinister Shooter... and when you have enough, you are already lvl 60 and buy the 3*** serrated stuff on AH alredy sharded and slightly refined.

Personally, I got the mold for Armor of Barbarian Shaman during my FB and used it until I got some external source of MP recovery, after which I switched to some quest armor and then the Armor of Demon General.

And I farmed lots and lots of coin so that I had Sinister Shooter on 41. Oh well, grinding on mobs that are 10 levels below you was kinda sucky, but that was the best option at the time.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Isnt that more like the life cycle of Wizzeled? He had a +7 Unicorn with 2x Immacs in it ~_~.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Level 64-69: I'm wondering which weapon I should use in my 70s. Comparing Wind and the Clouds and Unicorn, I see:

So bloody true. b:surrender
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Isnt that more like the life cycle of Wizzeled? He had a +7 Unicorn with 2x Immacs in it ~_~.

Didn't he also have a +7 lvl 45 crossbow or something?

• SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited October 2009

LMAO OMG did he have a Unicorn +7 too???
    Only Ive seen from him was a lvl 45 2 star Cloud Parting Crossbow ROFL

check here

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2734722
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    He did :P. And bragged in world chat like it was some godly weapon. Id hate to see his momm'ys credit card bill with how mich money the poor attention monger throws into the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Level 1-9: What the heck, I deal half damage close up? That makes no sense. And why can't I shoot these mobs from the air? What does "kite" mean?

Level 10-19: If I add 15 points into Magic, I don't have to worry about my wings sucking up MP. Nice.

Level 30-39: Oh my freaking god, being an archer is so expensive. Stupid arrows cost so much...

Level 40-49: So I was wondering if I should go Sage or Demon. I think I'm going to choose X because the skills of Y are bad for blah blah blah and I know what I am talking about because I'm level 45. Also, where do I grind?

Level 55-59: Nice, 4 Crits in a row. ... For crying out loud, can't you keep aggro?! I was only using normal attacks...

Level 60-64: I love this crossbow; it glows such a pretty green. Also, I've found the ultimate archer combo against mobs: Deadly Shot -> Frost Arrow -> Quickshot -> Stunning Arrow -> Knockback -> Aim Low. After that, I've dealt so much damage that I can just finish with normal attacks.

Level 70-74: Wait, I have to sub to get the items I want in TT runs, but you Tanks and Healers get them by default? How am I going to make my TT70 and TT80 armor?

Level 75-79: SHOULD I GET CRIMSON HORN: SOULSMASHER, OR SHOULD I GET SOMETHING ELSE, BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE HAS SOULSMASHER, AND IT LOOKS REALLY COOL, AND I WANT TO BE COOL, BUT IT COSTS SO MUCH MONEY AND I ALREADY SPENT SO MUCH GETTING MY UNICORN TO +6 WITH IMMACULATE SHARDS AND WHERE DO I GET GOLDEN SPIRITS FROM ANYWAYS BUT YEAH I REALLY REALLY WANT SOULSMASHER BUT I JUST CAN'T DECIDE!!!!

Level 80-84: Where is fashion? I need fashion. Purple-glowing golden peac.ock for the lose. And why does nobody zhen anymore?

Level 85-89: So I was wondering if I should go Sage or Demon. I think I'm going to choose X because the skills of Y are bad for blah blah blah and I know what I am talking about because I'm level 85. Also, where do I grind?

Level 90-94: Out with the golden peac.ock. In with the starfish domme outfit with a scuba diving fetish. By the way, which weapon should I get for endgame? I can't decide between the rank bow and warsoul. Is warsoul worth it? Interest rates are low, so I think I can ask my parents to take a second mortgage out on our house.

Level 95-99: Archers suck at endgame! I need +8 in all my equips so I can last long enough to run away! Wah!!!

Quoted for truth!

Elena, you are a master of us all! I LOL'd at this soo hard I damn near fell out of my chair.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'll finish~

level 100+: need bh? need bh? need bh? need bh? need bh?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009

this is 100% what an archer is at endgame btw newcomers.
  • truekossy
    edited October 2009

this is 100% what an archer is at endgame btw newcomers.

Shhh. Don't ruin their hopes and dreams before they get the chance to have any.

Much more fun to wait til AFTER they've invested countless amounts of time into it to tell them the bad news.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lols very nice Lady Elena b:chuckle

for me,

lvl 1-9:
    holy **** look at these clerics with better bows AND heals! why do they have it so much easier? maybe i should re-roll a cleric hmmm...

lvl 10-19:
    should i keep lvling strength so i can keep using these sword/fist/axe for when they come close? when does bow do damage?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • truekossy
    edited October 2009
    lols very nice Lady Elena b:chuckle

for me,

lvl 1-9:
    holy **** look at these clerics with better bows AND heals! why do they have it so much easier? maybe i should re-roll a cleric hmmm...

I remember how my archer was jealous of plume shot.
    Then she got stronger and didn't really mind it anymore.
    Then she zoomed in on the bow it uses after beating a cleric in a duel.
    Now she's jealous again.
    b:surrender
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    I remember how my archer was jealous of plume shot.
    Then she got stronger and didn't really mind it anymore.
    Then she zoomed in on the bow it uses after beating a cleric in a duel.
    Now she's jealous again.
    b:surrender

I swear you will never throw away your Summer's Bow. You'll be 8x and still wearing 5x armor and the stash bow. ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Twil - Lost City
    Twil - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol@Unicorn vs. W+S xD Slingshots ftl.

Oh, and I remember seeing clerics with their plume shot and thinking, 'Oh they have a bow too? Well if I get the same weapon as they do I can do that!' so I grabbed a buddha's pestle or w/e and was very disappointed when Twil was whacking the mobs with it, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Twilight Temple = HH. All the cool kids are saying it.
    Perfect World International is Schrodinger's game - it may or may not be dead. b:laugh
    If the game is dead, then YOU JUST LOST IT b:mischievous
    Calvin - Lost City: Nothing is cooking except I am putting 3 eggs on Elayne's boiling bald head and making some scramble eggs.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Following has been my life cycle till now

Before Character Creation - I've always played a melee light tank damage dealer (i.e. BM equivalent). Why not try something new in PW...perhaps an archer. *Rolls an archer*

Lvl1~10 - I have always hated the ammo usage, let me switch to dual swords till i can afford ammo for these weaklings

Lvl11~49 - Damn I need Mats for crafting and spirit for skills. Grinds on low mobs after infusing genie with all the exp from completing the quests.

Lvl50 - Wow now I can use the hammer on supply stash and get the general summer's bow to let me kill things a little easier

Lvl51 - Damn I need Mats for crafting and spirit for skills. Grinds on low mobs after infusing genie with all the exp from completing the quests.

I dont see my cycle changing any time soon till about 59 when I would need to venture into TT (if i can get a squad that is) to get 5 drums for my TT60 crossbow.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009

lol life cycle of wizzeled lvl 1 -20...god i suck

20+ wait i can spend MONEY *goes starts muging grannies for their purses

levels to 9x with oracles with like 10k spent on game...still a noobb:pleased

ya he kills me good but that 20 lvl differance will eventually shrink..(level cap so ill cach up in about 4 years lol)

course he'll probly rob a orphanage of somkin n buy a +12 warsoul bow by then

pwi free to play pay to win...**** that. free for life peopleb:victory

(ya i might hate wizzeled a little)

(and by a little i wish some band of heroic do gooders would sever his hands rendering him unable to play pwi evah againb:cute)

*still spyingb:chuckle
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Viroment - Dreamweaver
    Viroment - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Following has been my life cycle till now

Before Character Creation - I've always played a melee light tank damage dealer (i.e. BM equivalent). Why not try something new in PW...perhaps an archer. *Rolls an archer*

Lvl1~10 - I have always hated the ammo usage, let me switch to dual swords till i can afford ammo for these weaklings

Lvl11~49 - Damn I need Mats for crafting and spirit for skills. Grinds on low mobs after infusing genie with all the exp from completing the quests.

Lvl50 - Wow now I can use the hammer on supply stash and get the general summer's bow to let me kill things a little easier

Lvl51 - Damn I need Mats for crafting and spirit for skills. Grinds on low mobs after infusing genie with all the exp from completing the quests.

I dont see my cycle changing any time soon till about 59 when I would need to venture into TT (if i can get a squad that is) to get 5 drums for my TT60 crossbow.

GL on that lol, Archers get close to last pick on Mats
    Proud member of Exclusive :D
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Nice to come back to PWforums to read something like this. b:pleased

Imagine this being stickied...
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    offtopic:

poor poor Legerity, put your kittyshop closer to the tele!!!! (or just switch to oracle IIs b:chuckle)
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Archers aren't so bad endgame once you have the majority of worthwhile demon skills and know when & how to use the right genie skills or pots at the right time imo.

But.. I can imagine how horrible it would be if I had to farm each skill in all the fb's b:shocked
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I swear you will never throw away your Summer's Bow. You'll be 8x and still wearing 5x armor and the stash bow. ;p

b:shocked
    me am 70 and me still couldn't get the stash open.
    b:cryb:surrender
    it's got some sort of hamster proof lock.

lol @OP the life cycle ends at 51??b:shocked
    (o.o)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    offtopic:

poor poor Legerity, put your kittyshop closer to the tele!!!! (or just switch to oracle IIs b:chuckle)

Too close to tele = bad as everyone crowds around there.

Oracle IIs have too much competition. I go for IIIs and factor in the additional half a token cost per oracle :P
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    somewhat near tele is nicer than near bank i say. i think it's because most people cube port so they come from the north.

but the funny thing is, my oracles often gets sold before others further south of me even though theirs is sometimes cheaper than mine. most hilarious example is that i sold about 300 overnight for 55k, while my old guild lead's catshop for 50k was almost untouched b:chuckle
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Please sticky this thread LOL

It even beats spirea (pardon for spelling)'s wizard pvp guide b:chuckle
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    somewhat near tele is nicer than near bank i say. i think it's because most people cube port so they come from the north.

but the funny thing is, my oracles often gets sold before others further south of me even though theirs is sometimes cheaper than mine. most hilarious example is that i sold about 300 overnight for 55k, while my old guild lead's catshop for 50k was almost untouched b:chuckle

I'm nowhere near the bank though :o

I'm a bit closer to the tele from the Jewelscraftsman in W.Arch.

Better stop hijacking this thread :D