Useful Genies for versatile Clerics

Options
Reinef - Heavens Tear
Reinef - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
I decided that for all the time I put into my genie(s) I could share some of the ideas I've had after spending day and night on my genie(s) rather than myself since their release ^_^ so hopefully someone will take something from this or even get inspired to think of even better applications of our new little buddies.

As a cleric, I started off with tree of protection to see how useful a backup healer would be. It is wonderful in emergencies, but if you are a proficient cleric this won't be used for much more than an emergency or when you are spam healing a tank at a boss and would rather not stop to heal yourself.

Relentless Courage is, in my opinion, a must for any spell caster. How much have you seen -% channeling equipment for? Now for the cost of some of your own SP you have a genie skill that increases your channeling up to 15% if you max this skill. If you are a solo cleric who thinks about their offensive skills, imagine casting Tempest or Wield Thunder at an accelerated speed b:dirty

Support clerics, imagine speed channeling Chromatic Healing Beam when needed or being able to spam Iron Heart at an accelerated rate in a sticky situation where, say, the second DD accidentally steals aggro?

It also has a nifty speed boost for the occasional GTFO moments. Definitely an exceptional all around genie skill.

So those have become two of my favored skills.

Since I've been trying for a lucky genie, I've kept one to use as a guinea pig for a full offense build. Erm, yeah for me that kind of sucked. I honestly feel it best to have a genie with 3-4 skills ranging in defense, offense, and survival (heal/escape) due to their energy limitations and low damage output of attacks. I did, however, discover that Tangling Mire and Extreme Poison had their uses in conjunction with our plume shot or to amplify the damage of a DD/Tank you may be supporting. I tried not teaching this "attack genie" Tree of Protection or Relentless Courage. I honestly was kind of irritated whenever I realized I didn't have Relentless to use when I wanted so I suggest keeping this on any genie you use. Tree of Protection I was fine without.

Today, I've come to the conclusion that for someone like me who solos a lot but would like to supplement my support ability, it'd be awesome to raise 2 genies. It was like EUREKA, because at first I thought to myself... why the hell would I ever want more than 1 genie? With justice envoys to raise a genie quickly in a day, why not!

So, here is a rough outline of what I'm planning for my dual genie idea:

Main solo PVE genie:
Dump attribute points into mag and dexterity. For me, I decided to get my mag up to 50 first because added 1 energy point/second really did make a difference in my genie's regenerative ability. Dexterity has been for the duration and success rate of the skills I've chosen to use as my main 4. A special note on dex in regards to Relentless Courage, it adds 1% to all effects per 20 dex which means further increase in channeling speed.

Skills:
Tree of Protection
Relentless Courage
Extreme Poison
Wind Shield

Wind Shield MAY be exchanged for a stun, and Extreme Poison MAY be exchanged for Tangling Mire. I opted to stop using Tangling Mire because in PVE I don't want an AOE skill that will accidentally mob up monsters that happened to be in its huge AOE range. Extreme Poison has been very useful in quickly killing things 1v1. As far as Wind Shield or a single monster stun goes, I am divided between two scenarios. You either want to cut the damage a monster is doing to you when it is hitting a bit too hard (NOTE: Wind Shield seems to be cutting both physical AND magic damage for me. I have tried it out on both, and I have seen a decrease in damage taken), OR if you are hitting hard enough you can stun a monster before it can even get a hit in and kill it. This is up to you, so far I'm still torn between the two.

One last curve ball skill is Earthquake. I've been jealous of Archer and Wizard knock backs for quite sometime and used Earthquake for a while. The range is the only downer when it comes to this, but for mobs that need to run up to you to actually hit you this is very useful. So, if you want to give the likes of Taurox the big FO try this one out.

Secondary support genie:

You could essentially use the same attribute distribution here, but I'm finding it more useful to have more dex and vit in this situation so that my skills are more effective and have more use. You could use 40 mag for a fourth skill of your choice if you like, but so far I'm foreseeing a need for more energy points.

Skills:
Relentless Courage - staple
Holy Path - GTFO moments, or to just move quickly through an area
Extreme Poison - amplify your attacker's dmg. Even if they also have this skill, you can drop it while theirs happens to be cooling down or genie MP needs to replenish.

Faith or Absolute Domain are two optional skills I have in mind. I haven't raised a genie high enough to see what the actual percentages and costs are on these two skills, so this is where input would be much appreciated. Also, someone told me Absolute Domain may be veno only but I have yet to verify this. On top of that, I'm wondering what "invulnerable" means in the skill inquiry. Does this mean invulnerable to damage for a few seconds? Because that sounds extreme useful if timed correctly at AOE bosses.

Faith I've heard is a tough sell due to the energy cost. If purify is maxed then this skill may be unnecessary, but there may be situations where you are purifying several people and are also at risk of being debuffed or poisoned. It may be useful to apply this to yourself and focus on the survival of your team.

Affinity Points will be spread based on the skills you choose, so to ask about where they should go boils down to what skills you want. With the skills I have listed, fire affinity seems to be at the bottom of the list so just add as you go. Several of these skills fall in line with each other, such as Relentless Courage and Extreme Poison. If you got Relentless, you only need 2 more points in Wood to get Extreme Poison. Or, if you got Relentless Courage along with Holy Path then you only need 2 more points in metal, water, and earth to get Absolute Domain. Just plan ahead and you will be fine.

Ok, so this got a bit long winded and I apologize for that! But, I do hope this sparks some useful discussions and has helped anyone who might not know where to even begin with their genie. Feel free to add to my information, correct, or even discuss anything with me in game. Also, I'm terrible with structure so if anyone wants to take all this and create something better by all means do. If you'd be so kind, just give me some sort of credit or props =) b:bye
Post edited by Reinef - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wuts a genie? b:puzzledb:chuckle
  • AlucardHell - Lost City
    AlucardHell - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    what level would the genies need to be to get those skills? jw :)
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well for starters I'm going to address a frequently asked question. In skill inquiry, SKILL LEVEL is not the same as the level the genie learns the skill. Just like in your own skill tree window, the level learned is the first level listed after Level Learned:.

On that note I'll try to list the skills I'm suggesting in order of mention here:

Tree of Protection Lv 10
    Relentless Courage Lv 23
    Extreme Poison Lv 15
    Wind Shield Lv 13
    Tangling Mire Lv 5
    Earthquake Lv 5
    Holy Path Lv 25
    Faith Lv 60
    Absolute Domain Lv 55

A stun I am looking into is Occult Ice. I know a barb who keeps starting our duels with this and it works on me every time >.> *cough* D bag <333 This can be learned at level 30

For everyone experimenting with their skills, make sure to keep an eye on REQUIRED CLASS. I made the early mistake of adding affinity for something only an archer could use when I first started **** around with genies >.> thankfully it was an unlucky trash genie b:laugh
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wuts a genie? b:puzzledb:chuckle

Genies are parasites that fool you into keeping them around by offering you seemingly useful skills. b:pleased
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Absolute Domain is completely amazing, and yes, it makes everyone within 5 meters of you invincible for x seconds. Mine is level 6 right now and it lasts, I think, 3.2 seconds. The only problem is it takes 150 energy, meaning you need to waste 50 points on VIT.
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Absolute Domain is completely amazing, and yes, it makes everyone within 5 meters of you invincible for x seconds. Mine is level 6 right now and it lasts, I think, 3.2 seconds. The only problem is it takes 150 energy, meaning you need to waste 50 points on VIT.

yay! Thank you, that is now going to take the place of Faith for me then. I now have a solid skill plan to try out. And I started with the Discipline genie so I have a slight leg up as far as Vit goes, but seeing as how this will go into me secondary squad genie I was talking about it looks like I really will be pouring points into Vit and decide between dex or mag. ^___^
  • Song - Dreamweaver
    Song - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Just wondering if...

Ice Blast 180 113
    Reduce the amount of Max HP of multiple targets in the designated range.

Plus Tempest will let you 1 hit many people at a time?
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I don't even know what the genies are for (I should probably stop skimming because I'm not doing it right D:) but I like having it flying around me because it's pretty. :)
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    All skills check it out.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=289292
    move the old one wanted to change the name lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Look at %% hp reduce. It's not exactly bad but it will not help for 1-hitting with tempest if you are not able to 1-hit it without this skill (or at least bring them down to low-x% hp and finish them with razor). Seems to me more like pve skill, archer's substitute on hh runs.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Just wondering if...

Ice Blast 180 113

Ok I just took a look at this skill... combine with a spark, properly level it and with enough Att points you might be able to 1 hit for sure. But the set up will require some precisio.

By the way, I'm hearing this is **** up PVP big time for some people. I'm not a PVPer except for tactics I'm learning for possible TW and the boring days I go PK mode, so if anyone else wants to add some genie PVP tactics for clerics that'd be awesome.

SIDE NOTE: Why does ICE BLAST require 7 wood and 7 fire?... if anything, perhaps Water and Metal woulda been a better fit >.> just my opinion
  • Song - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Anyone has the details for these skills to see what's better?

In terms of HP reduction:
    Acidic Ripple of Poison 55210
    Water
    Reduce target's Max Health. Has a chance to interrupt the target from casting spell.

VS
    Ice Blast 180 113

If Ice Blase is AoE and Acidic Ripple is not then nevermind b:laugh

Also, comparing Magic Defense reduction:
    Blade of Supreme Heat35100
    Deals physical and Fire damage to target and reduces target's metal resistance.

VS
    Frenzy75520

Reduces Physical and Magical Defense.

VS
    Elemental Weakness95 328

Reduce target's magical defense, and increases the same amount of Physical Defense. Reduces the target's movement speed.

Thanks in advance b:thanksb:thanks

[p.s.]: I know Blade of Supreme only reduces Metal resistance, but I am looking at Tempest which is metal damage anyways... Adding Extreme poison to this should let a Cleric 1-hit much easier? Can Genies at higher level cast 3 skills? Mine can't yet, it runs out after casting 1
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It is all about genie's energy, and it is NOT raised when you level genie. You must raise it's vit stat, and stat points are rather limited. No skill spamming there. Blade of supreme + extreme poison seems like good +damage, but i really suggest you to think of some different skills for different situations - like, extreme poison if you are DD, tree if you are in deadly danger, some other skills if you are in some other situations (i personally target for some chi skill and some damage reducing).
    --
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    All right, so I'm noticing that Extreme Poison does not, in fact, amplify my magic damage. To compensate for this on my main/for solo PVE genie I'm switching out Tree of Protection for something that will either stun or drop an enemy's mag def. Elemental Weakness is my main pick so far but I have to try it out to really know. I'm doing everything hands on before I set anything in stone, so I will continue to update ya'll on what I'm finding works and does not work =)
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    All right, so I'm noticing that Extreme Poison does not, in fact, amplify my magic damage.
    What? You must be misusing it, may be firing it too early so it wears off when your nuke comes. It certainly works for me, and it is much better than any defence reduction, especially in pvp.

Also, consider essence penetration. On 1 lvl it gives 110 chi (+ bonus from dex) in 15 seconds and then takes 210 (- bonus from dex) in 15 seconds, on 2lvl it is 120/220 and so on; with 8-10lvl of this skill (depending on dex of your genie), you can get full two sparks so you can, for example, set up interrupted BB.
    --
  • Song - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    essence penetration does sound very good b:dirty

My plan is to get Genie-Int to 50 so I have 1 extra regen and 1 extra skill slot...

I was only concentrating on setting up for AoE mass 1-hitting with:

Ice Blast = AoE HP reduce
    +
    Tempest

I will have Tree to save my sorry ****...

Was looking at either Extremem Poison to strengthen my attack, but seems like the effect is single target...

Too bad it seems like all the elemental debuff are single target too...

The fourth slot will most likely be Essense Penetration since it sounds good XD

But maybe it is not going to work as well as I thought it would b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i agree w/ the having 2 genies, others laughed at me cause i had one for grinding/PvE, and one for PvP... wat now?! >=O

anyways =P

the genie i use for PvE has 3 skills atm hat work wonders:
    Healing Ripple of Rebirth
    in water it recovers 25% mp and hp over time.
    -Yes i know its a "water only" skill, but while grinding its better to just jumping some water, use it, and jump out rther than useing 2-3 pots. also this + adv spark eruption = no need for a mp charm or pots ^^

Blade of Supreme Heat
    reduces targets metal res by 20% for x sec
    -very usful when fighting increased life mobs, or deffence. And the best part is u can keep it at lvl 1 ^^.

Relentless Courage
    -x% chan, and increased movment speed.
    -wat else do i say, -x% chan

now im still working on my PvP genie, but so far it works.
    Tree of protection
    increases max hp by x% for a short time, and recovers full hp 3 times over 6 sec
    -great for an emergency

Wind sheild
    reduces dmg, and increases evasion and attack rate
    -IT REDUCES ALL TYPES OF DMG!!!!

Blood Clot
    makes u immune to bleed for x amount of time
    -the trick here is timing it right, i still dont know if its better than Caurterize cause it doesnt remove it =/

Life drain
    Absorbs hp from near by targets, and heals self
    -its better for a BM or a Barb, but it helps when u get swarmed (still not too sure about it)

those r my genies, dono if they helped anyone ^^
  • keneva
    keneva Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok so heres my thoughts thus far. Ive made 2 genies,one is full (near full) Dex and the other is near full mag.

First Let me talk about Rainbow Blessing. I made the full dex genie just to test this skill out. My main problems with this skill are the definitions. I have no Idea what my stats are being raised by. I calculated that when i get the Magic boost, im getting 214 point increase in Mag att. Really not all that much since with most tt weapons our attack varries that much normally anyway. Minimal boost. Its only at lvl 6 or 7 thus far But i dont see the boost being all that great. I get WAAAAY more damage from Blade and Extreme.

My second problem is the Crit bonus. I never see it increase when i get it. What would be truly insane would be if its a % of your base. How many clerics do we know walking around with the 10% crit bonus to be able to get 1% boost from the 10% increase from the maxed blessing? I reported it in the genie bug section so well see..

Lastly the fact that it comes with a physical attack boost...duh on that one.

SO essentually your looking at a minimal mag boost, and some possible channeling time... At this point i can only think that your better off with the other skill that give you channel + speed cause its always going to work.

Last thing. Ive tried Rainbow on both my genies. Thing is every 5 dex increases the chance of the skills firing by 1% On my mag genie this means its at base for the skill. I see a skill fire maybe 50% of the time? On the Dex genie (60 dex) I almost always get SOMETHING to fire, even if its the broken crit or the useless phy. Since the Dex Genie is a kinda test genie, im gonna keep playing with Rainbow, but Id suggest possibly waiting to pick up this skill.

Now here is something interesting. Blade of Supreame Heat and Exteme Posion if you look at them, require in total 111 energy. VERY easy to get. and the cool down on a fired skill is rapid. This means you can Fire both as you cast a tempest and the tempest will land with the effects in place. Ive done this on mobs and easy hit for 16k damage with only a lvl 4 tempest.

One thing to watch out for. Extreme Posion increases only its duration with level but its Stamina cost (Chi stones) increases a ton! At lvl 10 it uses 600 stamina! Thats alot, really alot. You may concider keeping it lvl 1-3, taking the reduced time with the reduced stamina cost...
    edited May 2009
    Options
    U can cast rainbow blessing on others, but i dont see the point if u never know wat, or if, u'll ever get anything, or if its of any use. =/

And to my previous post, i've replaced Life Drain w/ Extreme Poision ^^.
    It's ALOT better, hlps solve the masive hp pool of barbs =P, or just killing TT boss quicker.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    um, i hate to sound like a total twit on this, but honestly, i havent looked into this whole genie issue much, thinking that it would have to wait till i was higher level than my cleric is now (35). but one question i havent found an answer for is what colour is the most useful for clerics? i gather that each has its own set of skills it learns, true? so which is the 'cleric genie'? my play style isnt much, when it comes to her-i mostly am a healer for my family faction, and for whoever i see who needs help. so what would work best for this?

I decided that for all the time I put into my genie(s) I could share some of the ideas I've had after spending day and night on my genie(s) rather than myself since their release ^_^ so hopefully someone will take something from this or even get inspired to think of even better applications of our new little buddies.

Ok, so this got a bit long winded and I apologize for that! But, I do hope this sparks some useful discussions and has helped anyone who might not know where to even begin with their genie. Feel free to add to my information, correct, or even discuss anything with me in game. Also, I'm terrible with structure so if anyone wants to take all this and create something better by all means do. If you'd be so kind, just give me some sort of credit or props =) b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The genies only matter in starting points. in the end, all genies r alike. Just pick ur favorite ^^
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    really? i had the impression that moves were restricted to colours?
    The genies only matter in starting points. in the end, all genies r alike. Just pick ur favorite ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Aerole - Heavens Tear
    Aerole - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I was having a hard time trying to decide which skills to go with since you are limited to 3-4 skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature designed by Forsakenx <3
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What? You must be misusing it, may be firing it too early so it wears off when your nuke comes. It certainly works for me, and it is much better than any defence reduction, especially in pvp.

Well, for my Plume Shot. Which is a phys attack. But, for my metal element spells, which are mag damage, it doesn't have an effect. I'm now looking for a second debuff to switch into that lowers mag def when I need it, so Elemental Weakness is looking like an option to me.

Rinn, if you are telling me that it increases mag damage though then I need to figure out why it seems like it isn't for me. I've been trying it out on Taurox Enthusiasts but I will test it on other things if you are sure it increases mag/elemental damage as well. Thank you ^_^

EDIT: After re-testing it I just miscalculated my damage along the way. I was mistaking my min and max hits from natural weapon with the Extreme Poison increase. It does, in fact, increase both mag and phys damage. This saves me the trouble of having to get 2nd mag debuff woohoo, I will be goin for a stun ftw <3
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    really? i had the impression that moves were restricted to colours?

Hello Fox,

This is actually the first issue I had when I first started working with the genies. I was wondering if I should change my genie out or what, but honestly it doesn't matter. The only real difference is that each of them begins with a different bonus in their stats and a different initial skill. There WILL be re-stat items released in a future patch so I wouldn't even worry about this. For me, some of the initial skills are useful but honestly should be traded out for something better later on. So, this is me completely agreeing with Black Ice. Pick your favorite looking genie and go for it =)
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    keneva wrote: »
    One thing to watch out for. Extreme Posion increases only its duration with level but its Stamina cost (Chi stones) increases a ton! At lvl 10 it uses 600 stamina! Thats alot, really alot. You may concider keeping it lvl 1-3, taking the reduced time with the reduced stamina cost...

GOOD advice! Another perk to this, EP has low energy cost as well. Sure, the duration increases. But, being able to use it multiple times is just as effective in my opinion. There are a few other skills you can keep at low level for this same reason due to their original low energy cost, but they aren't ones I'm using atm so I couldn't tell you for the life of me. If anyone else wants to drop a list, though, that'd be awesome.
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is just for me, but erm... is anyone else around my level noticing their plume shot jump up like 900-1000 damage with Extreme Poison? Not that I'm complaining, kekeke
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    How does this sound:

Chi Siphon180 300
    Draws the target's Chi out of their body. Afterwards, the target's Chi will recover at an increased range

Life Drain 70175
    Absorb HP from nearby targets. Heals own character.

Evil Ward 80 500
    Make yourself immune to taking more damage.

+ a few optional that i was thinking

Tai Chi55158
    Increase the movement speed and HP recovery rate of all targets within the range.

Earth Strand 85500
    Ground
    Deals damage to target while Immobilizing it.

Occult Ice 85246
    Has a chance to freeze target.

Dust Storm 95 500
    Deals damage to multiple targets around you, and reduces their movement speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    How does this sound:

Tai Chi55158
    Increase the movement speed and HP recovery rate of all targets within the range.

All of your listed skills sound awesome, and I've seen some used actually. Occult Ice is really effin annoying ^_^ barb stunning me and whomping on me before I can plume or sleep ish no fun ಥ_ಥ lol but hey it's nice to see people getting use out of these skills. The quoted skill is the only on I will warn about because it overrides your celestial seal. Unless you don't mind constantly re-casting Celestial Seal I advise against it or just using it when you aren't using seal