Rising Tide Questions [First round of answers posted!]

Comments

• X_Boot_x - Sanctuary
    X_Boot_x - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Will the squad limit still be 6 players?
    A: Yes. Even though the total number of classes is being raised to 8, we still feel that a squad of 6 is ideal for group type content.

Who is this "we" and how do we buy them some common sense Spoons?

Rebirth "content" alone makes this "answer" aweful.
    I gave up healing for more immediate methods.

x_Boot_x
    _WillFire_ ( retired )
  • Wolverin_e - Lost City
    Wolverin_e - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hello all I would like to ask one question-do u think ur new race will keep all high lvl players not quit since u dont offer them possibility(and mostly)stimul to lvl up-since u wont raise lvl cap which makes me think u wont open dungeons to make em upgrade their gears-so they have nuthing more to anticipate for their high lvl chars and then they have to start either tideborn or quit till game offers them smg furher-some of them probably would luv to try new class but I know ppls who dont wana pass through all quests and lvls again-how u gona make these ppls keep playin?Thx 4 answer in advance.
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hello all I would like to ask one question-do u think ur new race will keep all high lvl players not quit since u dont offer them possibility(and mostly)stimul to lvl up-since u wont raise lvl cap which makes me think u wont open dungeons to make em upgrade their gears-so they have nuthing more to anticipate for their high lvl chars and then they have to start either tideborn or quit till game offers them smg furher-some of them probably would luv to try new class but I know ppls who dont wana pass through all quests and lvls again-how u gona make these ppls keep playin?Thx 4 answer in advance.

From what I grasp you think there will be nothing offered to High lvl players.

There is speculation that a new dungeon will be released with only bosses that will drop new items. These new items will go towards upgrading your current TT99 + gear as well as Frost Covered Gear. I would say the chance at upgrading gear to G15 would be draw enough for some to keep playing... not to mention that it took almost a full year to get players above 100... a little FYI Lvl 100+ each level requires about the same cumulative exp as the previous levels.. in otherwords.. getting to the current level cap of 105 is a very long process as is.
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolverin_e - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    I know about this speculations as u said dungeons etc-but my idea was-dont u ppls who played so mutch time wana lvl up a bit faster ?As u said its long process even reaching it to 105-dont u wana become higher lvl and access places where only high lvls can go and get items to mark ur efforts with?Ive always been thinkin being very high lvl is an effort which should at least grant u access which not mutch ppl have-just to be one of the few allowed-isnt it what most high lvls in mmos want-to feel rewarded for their efforts?
  • forks89
    edited October 2009
    a place where only high levels can go... hmm you mean like heaven and hell maps and instances?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolverin_e - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Kinda.U know -just the feeling to discover smg ,get nice items which only ur lvl or above can wear-I mean its nice feeling:)
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So only the people with high levels will get to start a new character and level up quicker than everyone else? What about new players? Why do YOU get to level up faster and they don't? If you start a new character, you start at level 1 with no accomplishments on that character. It makes absolutely no sense to be rewarded for things you have yet to do, or may not do at all.

Of course, we're willing to give certain people certain Nobel Peace Prizes for that very reason...
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venom_foxy - Sanctuary
    Venom_foxy - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Few of you asked questions like when will there be a next round of answers...I think that batter question is when will the expansion come...lol
  • cody126483652443795993772552
    cody126483652443795993772552 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i heard the rising tide expansion wasnt coming till this winter
  • forks89
    edited October 2009
    Your right.. Thats what they say... But they did start they hype aweful early for something to not come out a little sooner xD lol

BTW.. Your name is SOOO annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    whos me ? lol b:laugh
    edited November 2009
    ya and i have also seen vids of ppl being DC'ed and going in tideborn areas i thought spoons should know ^^
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ya and i have also seen vids of ppl being DC'ed and going in tideborn areas i thought spoons should know ^^

lmao attention all people, this might come as a shock 2 u but... Everyone knows they d/ced in order to get into new land because, and this is the kicker, thats the only way to get in there *puts hands on my face* Shocking I kno

O ya good job being a snitch, really love people that tell on other people...(sarcasm)
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Kimmahri - Harshlands
    Kimmahri - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    will faction limits increase when new classes are introduced?
    edited November 2009
    yvw.......
    edited November 2009
    i hope they will because all high lvl factts in heavens tear like Ceaser are full and can invite more
  • Phuzzz - Sanctuary
    Phuzzz - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I hope not but i sense that there's going to be a balance corruption between the characters when new classes are out, for example.. RB Gamma squad looking for members.. since 8 classes are more than a 6 member squad, they would prefer a certain class over another because that specific one is more effective in Rebirth.. Plus,, what would make a Rainbow squad ?:P
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Squad limit remaining the same while introducing 2 new classes.

Well, looks like 2 classes will no longer be asked for in squads (or the tideborn will be completely overlooked unless someone is desperate for a full squad)
  • Sukame - Heavens Tear
    Sukame - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Has there been a specified date when they will be coming out? I'm all hyped up to try out a new class because PW has become a bit boring hehe b:chuckle
  • Drgnfire - Heavens Tear
    Drgnfire - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I Know PW Has Become Boring,So These New Classes Will Help Keep Players From Quttingb:pleased
    Swaqqa of a cripple.
    edited November 2009
    and all the pics of tideborn are awsome graphics and evrything
    Swaqqa of a cripple.
    edited November 2009
    the release date on tideborn i think is in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIl-McNM4QM&feature=related
    Swaqqa of a cripple.
  • gggame
    gggame Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    the release date on tideborn i think is in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIl-McNM4QM&feature=related

This month is November.
    The new expansion must be coming out soon.
    I am very impatient right now.
  • gggame
    gggame Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    and all the pics of tideborn are awsome graphics and evrything

really? Will they improve the graphic quality.
    edited November 2009
    ya i rlly hope they come in nov i am very excited about
    Swaqqa of a cripple.
    edited November 2009
    gggame wrote: »
    really? Will they improve the graphic quality.

ya from pics if seen of tideborn they have rlly made graphics better
    Swaqqa of a cripple.
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I hope not but i sense that there's going to be a balance corruption between the characters when new classes are out, for example.. RB Gamma squad looking for members.. since 8 classes are more than a 6 member squad, they would prefer a certain class over another because that specific one is more effective in Rebirth.. Plus,, what would make a Rainbow squad ?:P

At release, I don't think that'll be a big concern. For starters, all assassins and psychics will be too low level to survive. Also, no one will know how to use either of them most effectively, in Rebirth or otherwise. For the time being, 6 members is fine. Maybe as time goes on and we start to learn how to play an assassin and psychic they'll consider raising the limit.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    TideBorns Area's are based south of sea of realityb:victory
    Swaqqa of a cripple.
    edited November 2009
    It will come out in winter 2009

ive heared it is comin in november
    Swaqqa of a cripple.
  • _sheogorath_ - Dreamweaver
    _sheogorath_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hello everyone! We know people are getting excited in anticipation of our upcoming expansion "Rising Tide", heck, so am I!

Anyways, we want to hear your burning questions about what is to come!

-Post your questions in this thread
    -We will do our best to answer them when we have the information at hand.
    -Additionally, we will compose a F.A.Q. about the expansion which will include answers to your questions for everyone to see!

Please limit your posts to questions about the expansion! There are plenty of discussion threads elsewhere b:chuckle

If you haven't heard about Rising Tide, click here to check out our preview!

P.S. Keep in mind that we won't be able to answer questions instantly, so check back every now and then to see our updated responses.

Rising Tide F.A.Q.

Will there be new territories for guilds to battle for?
    A: Absolutely.

Will the squad limit still be 6 players?
    A: Yes. Even though the total number of classes is being raised to 8, we still feel that a squad of 6 is ideal for group type content.

Will there be new quests/content for high level players or only new quests for Tideborn 1-19?
    A: There are some new quests for all existing classes, as well as the quests for Tideborn 1-19.

Will Psychic and Assassin be multi-gender like Wizard/Blademaster? Or will they be restricted like Barbarian/Venomancer?
    A: The new Tideborn classes will be multi-gender.

Will there be an underwater dungeon?
    A: There will of course be new content that takes place underwater. At release there will not be an underwater dungeon, but that doesn
This discussion has been closed.