What are your thoughts about the Team?

Options
sirfredric
sirfredric Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Wierd topic or not?

The reason is:

The game Im coming from now is a cool game with a great community.
But.. The corruption in the GM team is.. Cant describe in nice words..
It took away all the fun from the game..

So I was just wondering if this game has its share of power abuse and corruption etc? Mysterious bans, items gone etc.

Dunno if there is 1 team for all servers or not. Im registered to Heavens tear.
Regards
Fredric
Post edited by sirfredric on

Comments

• nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Never had a problem, never heard of anyone having a problem.
    I that is a worry to you then sleep well it is not a problem here.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Corruption in this game? Go play an *edit* game like *edit* and you will see real GM corruption. For example, it is known that certain players have made phone calls to the *edit* company and offered money for unbans, items...you name it. And the GM's WILL accept the bribes. Go read thier forums if you don't believe that. GM's are also totally inactive except for banning people on forums who whine about the massive cheating that goes on.

Not much of that craziness goes on in Perfect World though...atleast I haven't seen it. xD
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A lot of the updates produce bugs, and that's not always fixed quickly, but that's more a developer problem than a GM one. I've heard a few complaining about GM activity, but largely that seems to be sour grapes, i.e. people bitter over generally legitimate actions. I think the biggest complaints are that they run lousy events (which we don't know if they come up with or are assigned) and have iffy response time to in-game tickets/requests for attention (which are probably in the tens of thousands).
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The staff at Perfect World Entertainment expects nothing short best intentions from it's GMs. We monitor all the actions taken by our staff, and ensure that the integrity of our game worlds remains solid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The GMs are excellent. They are very active with the community and hardly stays hidden unlike a lot of GM Teams from other games that I've played. I'd give them a 3/5 on technical issue responses though. I made a thread about an issue I had a couple months back and I never got a response to it =[. Other than that, the GMs do excellent in terms of keeping the community and the game itself in line.b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think im pretty nuetral in the matter.
    Most if not all are developer related bugs. GMs of a game are usually just the officers that patrol the game community. Same with real life police officers, they dont make the law, they just make sure pple follow it (and yeah some may be corrupt but thats another story)

Why they dont answer questions that are bombarded on them? Cause they cant carelessly say something and take their word back later. They may change their mind or their supervisor might tell them to say otherwise later on. Causes less chaos otherwise audiences say "ZOMG! JUU LIEZ TO USS! LOOKY HERE WHAT U SAID!"
    They got power on their hands, its harder for them to express what they really feel. I remember GMs in FFXI, you literally felt like you were talking to a handbook. Emotions were so rare from them that players actually screencapped them when they saw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sirfredric - Heavens Tear
    Sirfredric - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thank you for your answers, it satisfied me :)
    Feels like I will have a nice time here!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thank you for your answers, it satisfied me :)
    Feels like I will have a nice time here!
    Watch out for Xarfox though, he has a thing for rolling his scrolls slowly b:laugh

~S
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I like the team pretty well. It's just irking for a lot of people when players are going around that should not still be playing and what not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    the in game gm's are an iffy bunch mainly it is hard to tell as they do thier important work invisable.

there is a saying that the best security is the unseen.

the mods on the forums are actually awsome. they talk to you they listen.

some of the game developers are living on borrowed time. *this means you mr. Rose maker!!!*

btw i live in california so send me your broken from the roses mice and i will pull some drive by cali style mousings of the servers. :)
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • wraithxxx
    wraithxxx Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Mods are cool but have very little power so it really doesn't matter how cool they are.

GM's say they are fixing stuff, but nothing ever comes of it. Somehow they find time to censor people calling them out on it and ban people [MANY people] for no reason, yet they can't ban people abusing bugs/glitching [probably because the glitchers/abusers are huge cash shop whores so they don't mess with em].
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Good Team, questions get answered pretty fast and they reply to threads fairly often.
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The team is a nice bunch, I have my feelings against them due to me randomly being perm banned without a exact reason or proof..(Still perm banned)..Week and no reply from ticket(s) and no customer service number given either..

First ban I Got - 3 day - reasoned n proof - Fair Ban.
    Second ban I got - 7 day - reasoned n proof - Fair Ban.

The second ban in the email I recieve they said MY 3RD BAN WOULD RESULT IN 2 WEEK not perm..3rd ban - no reason or proof - not fair - if forum offense - perm bann my forums not ingame - i can still access forums.

(My post may get edited I mite have given to much infortmation, but seeing as this is my account and such I think privacy is a choice in the matter if I wish to tell people bout my bannings n how I was treated then it sounds fine to me.)

But xarfox and kantorek both have given there best efforts to give me some insight on maybe why and theyve told me to hang in there n wait for a response from ticketing, so I appreciate both of them for helping me with such little knowledge they have on the case.

I've never seen anything unfair done really, some questionable things but there is a reason for everything its a matter if they give you the reason and PROOF.

They've done a better job then MY-EN so far :)
    You screwed up youself 3 consecutive times and you have "feelings against them"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sorry - Read the forum rules and am editting this.
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..