What did you get from the anniversary event?

Brael - Dreamweaver
Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
Ok, so now that the event is over (or will be in a couple of hours) what was the end result of what you got from the event? From packs you opened, tokens you turned in, cheaper items for you to buy, and so on? Basically... how did it help you directly or indirectly. Also include how much if any money you spent on packs, and if you're happy with the end results.

For myself the way I benefited was:
24 flawless garnets for my level 90 gear.
2 immaculate sapphires for my 90 weapon.
12 sage skill books, from adv mystical page turnins (did the full set, 360 pages/5400 tokens in the case of venos)
~4.5 months worth of herc/nix food.
~3-5 months worth of yuanxiao, depending on how much I'm in high MP consumption situations (and charm prices... rather conserve yuanxiao when possible)
A huge stockpile of Jiazozi (more than I'll ever use)
48 apocalypse pages, which allowed me to make/learn all 3 of my level 79 skills (had 12 pages at the event start).
All wardrobe stones.

Overall I spent $30 on packs, and opened I think 68 packs total. I got 2 plat guardian charms from it which I sold. All in all I'm pretty happy with what I got out of the event, and think it's too bad packs won't be around any more.
Post edited by Brael - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    -Demon... Summer Sprint, Purge, and Metabolic Boost
    -Tons of Immaculate Citrines for my armor and some future equipment
    -Apocalypse Pages

Don't recall how much I spent. I mostly spent in game coin to buy all the stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't remember how many Anniversary packs I bought but I ended up getting 11,281 tokens, 3 gems, 5 platinum charms, 3 badges, and 1 lunar glade wing trophy from them. Didn't spend any money.. just coins to buy gold. I got extremely bad luck and didn't really get anything that great considering how many packs I opened during the event.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Super cheap chips for my soulsmasher bow
    Super expensive dragon orbs to refine said bow.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I got my Apocalypse Pages cheap. <3 Also a wardrobe stone. From buying tokens ingame.

I did get 3 boxes as a gift, but I just got tokens and they went towards the wardrobe stone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I opened 50 packs and only got the standard tokens... QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    First of all, stop calling a 'sale' an 'event'. There were no anniversary events in PWI whatsoever. Zero care from PWI towards its comunity.

Now, about gifts...
    Overrall i opened about 500 gifts (buying, selling tokens, buying, selling tokens). The 'inumerous' items i got from all those:
    - 1 garnet gem
    - 5 luck tokens

I actually managed am amazing streak of 200+ in a row of normal tokens. Needless to say, i lost an absurd amount of money and didnt get any of the items i was aiming for. The only thing i got out of the gift sale was pushing my 4.4k rep to 5k, which wasnt anything great since i could've simply bought those badges with the money i lost and still kept most of my money without any need for gift sale.

So basically i paid about 27M to get 600 rep. The diference from before and now is that im poor and my gear is worthless compared to what ppl got the past few days, meaning i cant compete anymore in TW, which was the only event i looked foward to in this game. I really hope PWI figures out a way to balance the game, cuz what they made now is a big mess **** over anybody that wasnt lucky enough to get end-game gear.

Since i didnt spend 1 cent on this game ever, the in-game currency loss wasnt really a big deal. However, if i had spent 500$ to fail miserably like i did, i'd be really pissed. I wonder how many ppl fell into this illegal gambling system and lost a considerable amount of 'real' money while getting nothing in return.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    However, if i had spent 500$ to fail miserably like i did, i'd be really pissed.

you're already pissed..all you can do on forums is whine whine whine end game gear whine and lil bit more whine...you ever happy ? :)
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i got like 5 packs and all my money wasted on expensive dolls
  • purpleorb123
    purpleorb123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think I opened about 750 or so, perphaps a bit more. Final result:

6570 tokens
    Lunar orn insig
    Lunar weap insig
    Lobster
    Primeval stone
    13 Plat charms
    Quite a few best luck tokens... forgot exact number since I converted them all.

I'm actually pretty dissapointed... didn't get heavenrage boots or a good robe, not to mention missing out on warsong and scroll of tome.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think ive spent ~$600 AUD this month (about $530USD)

I've gotten, so far -

-Fancy Feathers (Flame Drill rocks)
    -Sapphire Gem (saving for later levels)
    -5 Perfect Token of Best Luck (24.9mil coin)
    -2 Platinum Guardian Charms
    -2 Platinum Spirit Charms
    -Too many tokens...

Tokens have gotten me, so far.....

-Molds:
    Saky's Light
    Calamity Axes (for friend)
    Saky's Light (for friend)
    Viper Seal
    Pants of Hades

-Level 79 Skill pages - 40
    -Guardian Scrolls (~25)
    -Teleacoustics (~20)
    -Shards (Citrine/Garnet/Sapphire ~60)
    -Oracles (~300 - alot given to friends/ex-bish)
    -Event HP pots (~2500)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Yes, Im an evil cash shopper...b:surrender
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Got 3 best token.
    800 luck tokens
    And I sold lot of real $ for coins.
    I didn't use my lucky tokens for anythings yet. I'm waiting. Probably I will use them for Shards for gold Armor LV 99, when time will come. Or I will sell it, depends on price.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olo_Eopia - Lost City
    Olo_Eopia - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Cape (3 garnet gems, citrine gem) +4
    Helmet
    ring
    cv wand
    saphire gem
    boots
    10k token
    rose gourd
    sitting in bank

225 packs in inventory

hmm most notable things are me selling a helmet for 4.5mil -.- and dropping a saphire gem like the next day..... early on in event i accidently sold 2 +10 vit stones for 1.5mil ea.....

started event with lots of jolly wares. (woot for gettin rid of oracles during beggiing of aniv event or i woulda been dirt poor) :( tho if i didn't invest all my coin into jolly, i would have been like 4x as rich at beggining of event (due to having huge stocks of sof/feathers like 80k or so)
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Over the first 6 days of the sale:

-Spent 298 mil coin on gold in AH.
    -Opened 769 packs.
    -Got 5 Plat HP Charms
    -Got all mysterious page Demon Barb Skills except HP Buff (QQ).
    -Got 3 Badge of Bravery (thx for nothing).
    -Got 10+ Best Luck tokens.
    -Got 2 Lunar Wing Trophy.
    -Got 0 Lobster mounts (thank god, lol).
    -Got 20 or so Flawless Citrine for TT90 HA set+helm+Tauren cape.
    -Got 16 Immaculate Garnets and a ton of socket stones to make a funny flaming 3star lvl 70 HA set.

All in all this event made me ragequit the game. I was ahead 70mil in coins at one point and I gambled it all away opening more packs and ended up with nothing. I gave away all my gear and all my skill books in a public display of shame outside West Archosaur. I suppose my only saving grace is my final point:

-Spent 0 dollars on PWI lifetime.

Guess it's not all bad. b:victory
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I opened about 50 more/less and got a slap in the face and a whole lot of BS.
  • _icup - Harshlands
    _icup - Harshlands Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sold them, opened like 6 got 1 token of best luck sold it for 5mil,
    and rest i got tokens of luck which what I really wantedb:chuckle
  • Eyos - Lost City
    Eyos - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    opened...well dunno how mutch boxes ...and got:
    warsong martial badge
    garnet gem
    stone of savant
    wing trophy-2(for flying mounts)
    wing trophy (blue ones)
    bought pink one and got robe
    several ten million notes from best luck tokens
    frostcovered sign for ornament
    also bought wings of cloudcharger robe
    frostcovered insignia weapon(bought)
    and endless usual tokens which most of em spent on gems for gears:)
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think ive spent ~$600 AUD this month (about $530USD)

I've gotten, so far -

-Fancy Feathers (Flame Drill rocks)
    -Sapphire Gem (saving for later levels)
    -5 Perfect Token of Best Luck (24.9mil coin)
    -2 Platinum Guardian Charms
    -2 Platinum Spirit Charms
    -Too many tokens...

<snip>

Yes, Im an evil cash shopper...b:surrender

evil isnt the word I would have used. You could have just sold that gold for over 200 million (which would also be pretty silly given the games current status).

Hope that 500$ doesnt mean much on your income.
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well, I got the anniversary mount, and that's about it, I didn't use my gold to open boxes, but sell it way overpriced to players willing to sponsor for my gear for many levels to come. Thanks everyone on Sanc who bought gold :D
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    1 Anniversary mount
    Loads of Jiaozi
    1 inventory stone
    30+ Ultimate Subs
    Some rep

Nothing else to really speak of...

I spent about $30 in the cash shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Spent exactly $90 and any spare coin from grinding over the month. Out of the event I got.

-1 Perfect token (5.1m) from opening 3 packs
    -15 flawless citrine and 5 immaculate citrine into my equips
    -2 misties and a tauran cape from chips
    -500 yuanxio
    -50 cookies
    -978 tokens spare
    -70 flawless citrine spare
    -Funded a full +2-4 refined TT80 set from selling packs
    -One of my level 79 skills
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I got a bunch of Tokens. I'm happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I thought my luck was bad until I read a couple of those posts. I'm not entirely sure how much I spent on packs because I also bought some cash shop stuff for my char, like aerogear. I do know that it was more that I should have; shopping bug got to me I guess.

Out of all the packs I opened, I got 1 best luck token (4.7mil). The rest were regular tokens, which I put to good use. I have a lot more rep than I did before, plenty of shards equipped and banked, some rows of cupboard space, 70 mysterious chips that I'm sitting on, 1 advanced mystical page I made on accident, and hopefully a lesson learned in not putting too much into this game.

I did get stuff out of it, but was it really worth the coins/cash? Could have been better, could have been worse. Ehh.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:sweat Wow, some people spent way too much money on these things. I only got 45 regular tokens and their fate is still unknown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Some people got really lucky. A friend of mine opened like 100 or so and came out with lunar ring, cape, FF weap and some other stuff.
    you're already pissed..all you can do on forums is whine whine whine end game gear whine and lil bit more whine...you ever happy ? :)
    I always am. Just bothers me when stupid children make ignorant comments like yours.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I always am. Just bothers me when stupid children make ignorant comments like yours.

just FYI im lil bit older than you :)
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you sold gold on its own, or sold anni boxes without opening them, you have made a huge loss.
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    david12345 wrote: »
    If you sold gold on its own, or sold anni boxes without opening them, you have made a huge loss.
    No..... actually I regret NOT selling my gold instead of buying Anniv packs.

- Amy
  • david12345
    edited September 2009
    No..... actually I regret NOT selling my gold instead of buying Anniv packs.

- Amy

Then you are a fool.

In the long run, each anni pack is worth about 700-800k, due to the tokens it gives; not to mention the chance of getting a multi-million item.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thats true but the chances of getting these priceless items is pretty small. And who knows what will happen untill these packs are 800k each, if they ever get so high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • david12345
    edited September 2009
    Thats true but the chances of getting these priceless items is pretty small. And who knows what will happen untill these packs are 800k each, if they ever get so high.

Packs will go even higher, even now people are buying them for 1m each. However you still lost money buy not opening them by reducing your chance of getting a good item to 0%.

Tokens will go for about 50k each, maybe 55k... this is most likely due to flawless citrines taking 14 tokens to be made. Then there are the very rare demon/sage skill books which might be an even better investment.

It may take a few months, but those are the prices you can expect with quite some certainty.

Unless PWI decides to throw another such event very shortly.