Close Range Penalty Should be Removed?

Options

Comments

• MrConce - Harshlands
    MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Haha, idiot. You didn't even bother checking the calc, did you? The person used Demon Stone Barrier. Without it that's a little under 5.2k pdef, which would be more realistic, as sage/demon Stone Barrier aren't exactly common. So you're looking at a wizard with what, 4k HP and 5.2k pdef? Yeah have fun with that, you won't be able to do 90+ rebirth properly and you're still a twoshot wizard. I'll keep my 4.6k HP and 4.5k pdef, thanks. Thank you very much, you proved your own stupidity.

PS. have fun sucking at your class, other CAN play it properly

EDIT: And @ Tomiko; LOL duels.

Nope, I didnt check the calculator, but wether I did or not, you calculated it urself. 5.2k still more than 4.5k. Is not like a few hundreded matters anyways. Point of the argument was and still is, archers are weak. Period. I have been all classes and I have been most disastified with archers. Sides, Im no carebear. I dont mind being squishy and being a total nuke at the cost of not being able to level considerably fast. If I wanted to level, I would restat to light armor, and go GV Delta.

FYI : Learn how to play your OWN class before telling others what their class weaknesses and strenghts are. Mage > Archer @ 90+. Kty & Bye. Pleasure arguing with you ;)
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • Endrnz - Dreamweaver
    Endrnz - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hmm, while I think being able to deal full damage at close would be a great addition to the archer class...I have no problem killing without it.

Mind you before 19 (Knockback) archer was somewhat of a pain in the butt because we did have to kill many things while they were in 5m (penalty starts at 5m right? b:surrender) range.

But after 30 when my crit rate started to pick up, I had no problem killing (the increased life/def) monster did come in range but those were not often so I just kited or thunder chained them.

So, in conclusion I think archer dosen't need that penalty range removed after 20, BUT would be still a nice thing to have.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    necro necro necro necro necro necro
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lol why would they make the range penalty go away? Wouldn't everyone roll the archer class then? Our attacks would just be as good as a bm. Archers are meant to be a ranged class, keeping our distance is key to our survival/success. Without a penalty, the class would be unbalanced and OP imo.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think archer normal attack at melee range should just be stabbing with arrows. lol

similar animation to what a caster class would do with their magic swords if you melee attack with them. stab stab stab slash. if you're using a slingshot then you're SoL
    Lol why would they make the range penalty go away? Wouldn't everyone roll the archer class then? Our attacks would just be as good as a bm. Archers are meant to be a ranged class, keeping our distance is key to our survival/success. Without a penalty, the class would be unbalanced and OP imo.

no...everyone would not roll the archer class if it had no melee penalty...that's just ridiculous.

the penalty has no effect in PvP whatsoever. the only thing i can agree with is

"keeping our distance is key to our survival/success." without melee penalty, lets just say the same statement would still hold true.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think archer normal attack at melee range should just be stabbing with arrows. lol

similar animation to what a caster class would do with their magic swords if you melee attack with them. stab stab stab slash. if you're using a slingshot then you're SoL

*cough lord of teh rings (movie) arrow stab*
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lmao arrow stab, nice, would that be called arrow stab mastery in our skill books? *looks for it*
  • BlacKaos - Heavens Tear
    BlacKaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Idk to you but i really seems like alot of people posting arent freakin ARCHERS!!! they should have like a class block for these kinda polls
  • xirek
    xirek Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think half damage at close range is bad. why? well lets see the archer is the (long range class) but i see phychic/wizard/venos (mages) at my side when im attacking they have long rang too i mean like 25+ meters -.- and they dont have penalty also didnt expend coins/spirits on range mastery.

if they keep this penalty they need to reduce range of mages.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    xirek wrote: »
    I think half damage at close range is bad. why? well lets see the archer is the (long range class) but i see phychic/wizard/venos (mages) at my side when im attacking they have long rang too i mean like 25+ meters -.- and they dont have penalty also didnt expend coins/spirits on range mastery.

Isn't that because mage use magic ?
    I don't want to see so many thread complains about mage become so inferior. b:bye

Dev seem think archer arrow is gaining power from the range . . if there no range not much power inside the arrow.
    If that so, why not make archer shoot deal more than 100% (of actual damage calculation) if launched from maximum range. Or put point where the shot deal more than 100% b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Necro -.- ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Necro -.- ....

O i just realize xirek necro the thread . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think it should. Either that or mages should get a closr range penalties too.
  • Diochan - Heavens Tear
    Diochan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    archers DO have skills that don't get affected by close range. at higher levels i find mobs that run up in your face are not as common as they were when you were at like level 10-50, so the damage penalty reallt doenn't apply since you will be fighing mostly magic and ranged mobs. for the few close ranged mobs, same old same old, knock em back knock em back waaaaaaay back:) and if that don't work, go spark crazy and frezze em in place:P very few mobs can last a ful 9 secs of an archer off loading on them, aim low can keep them in place while you riddle them with arrows:P and if they survive, use stuning arrow etc. and IF by some freak accident they get up in your ****, winged shell and spells will finish them off while making sure you take little damage.

NOW if you wanna get to a real issue then talk about how you can knock back a mob and it springs back in your face at 700 MPH xD. o know it's a server issue but it would be a tad less confusing if it didn't happen.
  • Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear
    Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    my archer is only lvl 55 now, but i have absolutely no problem with mobs getting too close. I take agro from bms 10 lvls higher than me and barbs my own lvl. mobs are very lucky to hit me, i just shoot, knockback, stun, freeze, dead. the half attack at close range is fair because we do such high damage to begin with, there has got to be a drawback somewhere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol try the low hp ;P hell of a draw back when your fighting a boss that has a killer aoe also wait till you get into heaven/hell the mobs in there dont die quite as quick as you could hope and for all the people saying use wing shell, aim low ext that costs chi something archers dont gain very quickly so yup those mobs are gonna get close better bring your fists or claws (i perfer claws need less str to use)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol try the low hp ;P hell of a draw back when your fighting a boss that has a killer aoe also wait till you get into heaven/hell the mobs in there dont die quite as quick as you could hope and for all the people saying use wing shell, aim low ext that costs chi something archers dont gain very quickly so yup those mobs are gonna get close better bring your fists or claws (i perfer claws need less str to use)

get your 90 weapon and refine it?b:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Relakss - Harshlands
    Relakss - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    all atks will be 1/2 except for mag skills. and just become a fist archer like meb:victory
    edited June 2010
    Options

double necro necro necro.
    :/

and QQ
    unlike archers, me has to spend EVEN MOAR coins/spirits on every single one of me skills that me use AND they om nom nom quite a bit of mana. *cough undine strike cough*
    Q_Q
    archers just normal attack later on.
    x.x'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Options
    get your 90 weapon and refine it?b:surrender

umm my TT 90 costs about what it would cost to buy a broadland (TT 90 gold Heavens seal: chain) and seeing as my current wepon (vast land [i also have TT 80 chained jail]) hits near as hard as a TT 90 but hits faster i think i would still be in the same boat im in atm although once i do hit 90 and get all of the gear i want ill have 5k+ hp (buffed) that will help alot seeing as i only have about 4k hp (buffed) atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

What heaven/hell mobs are you talking about? At best some of them get in 1 hit unless theyre of higher level than me or by a freak accident i end up with a lot of misses.

At 89 I can understand since the quest I got at that lvl for demon was to slay some 94/95 lvl mobs which had a tonne of HP and my soulsmasher wasnt enough to kill them before they got to me. All I had to do was kite a bit and kill em or use aim low/stuns.

Once I hit 90 i could use my +7 Blinding Radiance and things barely get to hit me even once, provided theyre around my level or a level above. Also using fists against equal levelled heaven/hell mobs is probably a very bad idea, since if theyre ranged magic theyre gonna keep pounding you till you get near.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Agree wholeheartedly. Archers are meant to stay away and so is every other DD class except sin and fox veno. Yet we have penalty and they don't b:surrender
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i voted to no.

dmg penalty coming from weapon (same penalty with bm use bow and mob going closer than 4,5m).

i got lv100 archer and i am ok with this penalty, we got 2 good melee skill, barrier,magic skills what dont got penalty in close range. its totally ok. (also interval fist happy with it cause the penalty is weapon depend xD)

melee archer with bow could be the biggest bull**** ever. i just stay and use a slow xbow on mob who is front of me? then shotgun better weapon than bow/xbow/sling (also i love i could reach 36m range xD).
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No.
    Keep damage reduction at close range
    I think that it's something that defines an archer and forces us to do what we're designed to do.... long range snipers.

Stop being so lazy and learn to kite a bit and use ur close range skills to their full potential or just roll a sin if you want a close distance crit dependant DD.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What heaven/hell mobs are you talking about? At best some of them get in 1 hit unless theyre of higher level than me or by a freak accident i end up with a lot of misses.

At 89 I can understand since the quest I got at that lvl for demon was to slay some 94/95 lvl mobs which had a tonne of HP and my soulsmasher wasnt enough to kill them before they got to me. All I had to do was kite a bit and kill em or use aim low/stuns.

Once I hit 90 i could use my +7 Blinding Radiance and things barely get to hit me even once, provided theyre around my level or a level above. Also using fists against equal levelled heaven/hell mobs is probably a very bad idea, since if theyre ranged magic theyre gonna keep pounding you till you get near.

well as you can see im still 89 so most the mobs in heaven and hell are quite a bit higher than me and it was the mobs for SC i was talking about think their name was devilish specters or something like that and i was fine against them till i ran outta chi which was my point that w/o chi it becomes harder to kite mobs and that archers dont have a lotta chi regain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well as you can see im still 89 so most the mobs in heaven and hell are quite a bit higher than me and it was the mobs for SC i was talking about think their name was devilish specters or something like that and i was fine against them till i ran outta chi which was my point that w/o chi it becomes harder to kite mobs and that archers dont have a lotta chi regain

Kiting w/o chi: Stunning Arrow -> pew pew -> knockback arrow -> pew pew -> run -> skill/normal shot -> run a bit more -> skill/normal shot

if mob is not dead by the end of the second "pew pew" part then you've really got to get a new weapon or restat to pure dex cuz ur most likely not if you're not killing quick enough..

@ 90 i am having absolutely no problem killing heaven/hell mobs without getting touched and I am using tt80 gold bow. I even have full chi most of the time which allows me to demon spark on increased life/defense mobs just for the hell of it.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options

correct me if i am wrong but that not culti mobs? if yes then it part of the lv99 culti and till 99 u dont get another piece from culti so u got enough time for lv95 mobs and if u do normal quets with lv95- mobs then u will see its not hard.

only that spectrals harder yet but fact they are6 lv higher fast movers and at lv95 dont be that hard :P
  • OlieTheKing - Lost City
    OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    IMO if somethings closer to you, you should hit harder and more accuratly.

remove the close range penalty and make it close range accuracy bonus increasing our crit rate ^^
  • Pointshooter - Sanctuary
    Pointshooter - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    it would b great if the damage penalty r taken away, that way we dont hav to deal with death alot
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    IMO if somethings closer to you, you should hit harder and more accuratly.

remove the close range penalty and make it close range accuracy bonus increasing our crit rate ^^

swap to fist XD

a bit unrealistic when somebody come near u, 5 cm far and u shot with bow XD