75 Million Gold Contest!

Options

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    As per the rules, winning entries are supposed to relate to PWI, that was kinda the point. I think the submitted fiction is awesomesauce (nod to Konraiden), but in order to be eligible to win, the submitted work needs to be PWI related.

This doesn't mean you can;t be original, you could merely be referencing PWI places, critters, in-game personalities, etc.

Please make sure if you are referencing other real players that, even for humor purposes, these references should not be disparaging. The point here is to be creative, have fun, win some gold, but NOT to hurt anyone.

Ahem..."Awesome-Sauce" is supposed to be capitalized as thus, including the hyphen...but I guess I'll let it slide this time.

Oh...and you misspelled my name. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Chapter 9: The Great Dual

Who knew those theives could move so fast. Xaldain and Serenity had to follow them in the air rather then on foot. Their clothes were still soaked, but they could not stop and dry off now. Hopefully after this was over, they would not catch a cold. The humans were running pass human guards that were guarding a huge building. This was Archosaur! Xaldain had heard of this place before and planned on buying some things for his travels. Sadly, he did not have many travels due to the fact he was not allowed in the army.

"Looks like they are going to try and sell the items here." Xaldain stated as he landed on his feet and folded his wings behind his back.

Serenity did the same and stood next to him. "What is this place?" she asked as she looked around and saw a couple of people walking pass. This place had all the races come together.

"I believe they call this Archosaur. It is usually where are people travel and get supplies for their journys." he informed.

"Have you come here before?" she asked.

"No, I have only heard about it. Lets not lose them-"

"I have a nice crossbow. Very cheap." a untamed vendor shouted. He was standing right in front of Serenity and Xaldain. They had no time to shop. They had thieves to catch.

"No thanks." Xaldain replied.
    "Sorry." Serenity stated as Xaldain and her ran pass him.

"Celestones! Get your celestones here!"
    "Trading white shoes for black shoes!"
    "Need herbs! Come here and I'll buy!"

"It is awfully busy at night." Serenity sighed. She glanced around. "I don't see them anywhere."

"Great, we lost them." Xaldain sighed. "But they couldn't have gotten far."

"Should we split up?"

"I don't think that is a good idea. Who knows about all these people here."

"I will be fine, Xaldain. I'm a tough girl. And we are still traveling together so you will hear my call if I ever need help (Squad chat)."

He sighed. "Alright, but be careful."

She nodded. "I will."

Serenity and Xaldain parted ways. Xaldain went to the North District and Serenity went to the South District.

An hour later

"Still no sign of-" Xaldain trailed off once he heard that blademaster's voice once more. "There he is." he thought to himself as he took out his bow and arrow. "He won't get away this time."

"Looking for me?" the voice said behind Xaldain.

Xaldain's eyes widened. How did that blademaster get behind him so quickly. He did not even see him pass. He turned around to face the short black-haired blademaster. "Yes, I am." Xaldain replied. "Give back all that you stole from Plume."

"So you followed me all this way to tell me that? I don't give things back so easily." The blademaster grinned. "How about if you dual me then I'll think about giving half the things I took back."

"I don't have time for games." Xaldain glared at him.

"Ah, then I'll be on my way." the blademaster started to turn around.

"I'm still not letting you off the hook." Xaldain had his bow and arrow aimed at the blademaster. "When you are beaten, you give everything back."

"Fine." the blademaster's smile gleamed. "I'll accept your challenge." He quickly turned around to block Xaldain's arrow with his sword. He swung but missed Xaldain who had done a backflip just in time to evade the sharp blade.

Several Minutes Later

"It's time to end this." The blademaster grasped his sword's handle tightly. "Heaven's Flame!" A red symbol of a dragon appeared beneath his feet and in a moment, he had summoned a flaming red dragon. The heat from the dragon blazed and it circled him only set its sights on Xaldain and go for the kill.

A blademaster was not the only one who could summon and animal in battle. "Stormrage Eagleon!" A large blue eagle emerged on Xaldain's side. He let loose of his arrow and the dragon and bird clashed only to make a violet fog.

The blademaster was suprised that both their powerful moves cancelled out. However he was not that suprised, seeing that neither one of them were seriously injured. "Hmph, not bad for an elf."

"Same to you." Xaldain replied, holding his arrow between his fingers that was ready for another round.

The blademaster increased his speed and ran close range to Xaldain. "Shadowless kick!" He kicked the arrow that had left the bow and the arrow fell to the ground. Quickly, he hit Xaldain with the hilt of his sword, drawing blood. Similarily, Xaldain managed to shoot another arrow and it landed in the blademaster's shoulder. Now, they both were bleeding, but no one was backing down.

"Atmos Strike!" the blademaster yelled.
    "Knockback Arrow!" Xaldain shouted.

They both were pushed back by the incredible power of the other's skill.

"Xaldain!" Serenity yelled as she ran towards them.
    "Hojo!" the wizard girl that was with the blademaster known as Hojo, screamed as she ran with Serenity.

"Wait, Hojo?" Hojo blinked. "That's my name. Red, are you using my name because you forgot the blademaster's name."

"No, his name really is Hojo." Red Reaper replied.

"Must be your ancestor Hojo." Foxy giggled.

"Ah man." Hojo whimpered in disappointment. "My parents lied to me. I wanted to be the only Hojo."

Foxy, Fang, and Aqua laughed.

"Xaldain, are you ok?" Serenity asked as she kneeled beside Xaldain who was sitting up.

"Hojo, you're an idiot." the girl said to Hojo as she slowly took the arrow out his shoulder.

"I'm fine." Xaldain and Hojo replied in unison only to pass out from bleeding.

A few hours later

Xaldain woke up from his sleep. "Serenity?"

"I'm here." Serenity replied with a smile. "You and Hojo passed out from your dual. Why did you duel him?"

"He would give the things back if I won." he explained.

"Well, I talked to Maria."

"Who?" he asked with a puzzled look.

"The wizard girl that accompanies Hojo. She gave me the things back while you two were fighting your hearts out." she explained. "And the Elder of Archosaur was nice enough to give us living quarters for you two to rest."

"Ugh." Hojo stirred and started to wake up. "My head aches." He looked over to Serenity and Xaldain. "You two again." He gave Xaldain a glare which Xaldain exchanged.

"Calm down, Hojo. Serenity healed you after your duel with Xaldain." Maria said as she came in the room and sat by him. "Sorry for stealing."

"What?" Hojo blinked. "We're not sorry for stealing. They should be sorry for leaving their valuables out in the open." He got up from his bed. "I, Hojo the fifth, never says sorry."

"Hojo the fifth?" Hojo sighed. "It just gets worse..."

The others (Foxy, Aqua, and Fang) could not help giggling.

"Hojo." Maria sighed as Hojo got up and walked outside.

Xaldain got up and walked outside to follow him with Serenity and Maria following behind. "Hey." Hojo turned around to face Xaldain. "Whether you like it or not, those things are going back. I don't know your reason for stealing, but it's stilll wrong." Hojo only turned and continued walking.

"Let's just leave him alone for a bit." Serenity said softly to Xaldain. "He looks like he has a lot on his mind..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • jokerxdude
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:shockedI had no idea this would turn out so long. I hope this doesn't bore you or anyone else with all this writing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I suggest people write about me if they really want to win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I suggest people write about me if they really want to win.

Ahem...here's a limerick for ya, laddie.

There once was a man named Defected,
    Whose ego was poorly erected.
    He must now face the truth,
    His 'tude's highly uncouth,
    And now all of his posts are neglected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ahem...here's a limerick for ya, laddie.

There once was a man named Defected,
    Whose ego was poorly erected.
    He must now face the truth,
    His 'tude's highly uncouth,
    And now all of his posts are neglected.

AHHH!

Instant win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    AHHH!

Instant win.

ಥ_ಥ

...thank ya kindly. Just mail any and all prizes to KonariRaiden, on the Heaven's Tear server.

PS. That was just for defected. My original entry is my true entry. I'll be just funnin' from now on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lyxxx - Heavens Tear
    Lyxxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So so amazing and cool that you are promoting (not sure if its the right word b:surrender) writting/reading, I love it b:cute

Would love to participate for the money (yeah I said it >.>) and the experience but english being my second language my story might not make much sense to many people b:chuckle

But I will definitely read everything posted here and enjoy it b:victory

Thanks Shota for the awesome idea
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I submit my only attempt at poetry ever. Poetry is for touchy feeling girly men who use iMacs and drink appletinis.

Third post

I find it fitting since we're having another oracle event.

Though it would be wrong for me to be considered for this contest since I owe shota like, 100k.

b:avoid

I miss the days when my posts had impact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I submit my only attempt at poetry ever. Poetry is for touchy feeling girly men who use iMacs and drink appletinis.

Third post

I find it fitting since we're having another oracle event.

Though it would be wrong for me to be considered for this contest since I owe shota like, 100k.

b:avoid

I miss the days when my posts had impact.

*folds arms* I have taken your place.

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Axe - Heavens Tear
    Axe - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Forgot about my poem, I AM THE WINNER!!!!!
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ahem..."Awesome-Sauce" is supposed to be capitalized as thus, including the hyphen...but I guess I'll let it slide this time.

hmmm rechecked my post, it looks right to me *winks*
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So so amazing and cool that you are promoting (not sure if its the right word b:surrender) writting/reading, I love it b:cute

Would love to participate for the money (yeah I said it >.>) and the experience but english being my second language my story might not make much sense to many people b:chuckle

But I will definitely read everything posted here and enjoy it b:victory

Thanks Shota for the awesome idea

Your english in your post was spot on, I vote you give it a whirl and enter!
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    hmmm rechecked my post, it looks right to me *winks*

*blinks* "awesomesauce" DOES NOT EQUAL "Awesome-Sauce"

b:surrender

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2009
    Options
    ಠ_ಠೊ

Curse your edits, madam Shota...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ಠ_ಠೊ

Curse your edits, madam Shota...

*flashes her "who, me?" innocent look that nobody really believes*
    edited August 2009
    Options

ಠೈಠ

O I C WUT U DEED THAR

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

*sees the word flashing*

FLASHING? WHERE?!?

/bloodlust on
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'll be completely honest here, when I first heard of this contest, I did not believe it. I mainly use the forums to keep up to date on the updates that PW will or have released. But since it is maintenance time and I have time to kill, I'll give this a shot.

Inn of the Eagle is where I stand,
    staring hypnotically across the land,
    foes I must face to further explore,
    to be able to stand at Etherblade's door.

On and on I fight each day,
    clearing the obstacles in my way,
    after many trials and broken swords,
    I finally make it to the majestic Archosaur.

The general leads me to the path I must take,
    more bosses and foes I must face,
    my weary body taking it's toll,
    after many victories and a few fails,
    Summer sends me to the port of Dreams.

Here I face enemies unlike before,
    breaking through my defenses,
    I become weakened and afraid,
    I call for a friend that I have made.

When all here is said and done,
    the leader of Immolation Camp sends me a call,
    his comrades have been defeated and he's about to fall,
    his town needs a heroine to fight this battle.

I conquer this task with ease,
    my skills have improved real fast,
    the one battle I have been fighting since the start,
    as finally taken it's toll on my heart.

The one I have pursued so relentlessly,
    defending time and time again,
    he answers my plees with a proposal,
    and hosts an event to remember.

Now my journey takes me to the City of a Thousand Streams,
    and the Elder offers me things of only dreams,
    my next task he lays before me,
    the reward being lands I haven't seen.

So now I question myself,
    do I continue on or hang my axes?
    The answer comes easily to me,
    these new lands I have to see.

When the sun arises next,
    I will give it my best,
    I will advance my cultivation once more,
    and then I shall enter Brimstone's door.

I hope this will suffice, seeing how I like to keep my literature to myself.
    (Yes, I have less than 10% before leveling, I will be yet another sage BM within 24 hours of servers opening up).
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Lady i thought you were level 90? ._.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Lol, no not yet, some things in real life came up and got in the way, but I'm looking forward to getting my fairy and aoe grinding some more in Hell.

Btw, I hate my avatar, it looks nothing like my character. GM's please change this.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • jokerxdude
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Chapter 10: Get Well Soon, Serenity

Serenity and Xaldain stayed in Arcosaur for the night. It was too late to travel and they might as well stay in the living space the Elder lent them.

Serenity was laying down in a bed next to Xaldain's. She quickly covered her mouth. "Achoo." she sneezed cutely.

Xaldain rolled over to his side to face her. "Bless you."

"Thank you." she replied with a smile.

He sat up on the bed. "I'll get you some soup and herbs so you won't get a cold." He got up out the bed. "Stay under the covers. I'll be back." he said to her before departing. Soon he realized that he had no money as he was walked through the West District of Archosaur. Now what could he do? A brilliant idea came to mind. This was a busy city, surely the people of the town could use a worker.

"Excuse me, do you need help with anything?" Xaldain asked a banker.

"Oh yes, please!" the banker exclaimed in excitement. He explained everything that Xaldain needed to do. Sadly it was a long list, but Xaldain would do it for Serenity.

"First, I need soft fur..." Xaldain said to himself as he walked out of the West District Gates. His green eyes landed upon a green lyxnus. "Bingo."

Four hours later

"Finally done." Xaldain celebrated and lugged the items over his shoulder as he walked back to the banker.

"Yes! Thank you. Here is your reward." The banker grinned and handed Xaldain a celestone fragment and 2,500 coins.

Xaldain stared at the coins for a long while. That was it? He could have made more by selling all those items. He made a heavy sigh, then wondered Archosaur to try and find Oblivion Soup and herbs for a low cost.

"Selling a pickaxe! You can mine your own materials and dig your own herbs! Only 2,000 coins!" a merchant shouted. "I also have lovely gems!"

Xaldain paused and looked over to the merchant. Should he buy the pickaxe and dig the fresh herbs or buy at least one bowl of Oblivion Soup. Choices. Choices.

He ended up buying the pickaxe. It was better to get fresh herbs anyway. Oblivion Soup would help if she got really sick. Luckily she was not or so he thought...

"Serenity!" Maria's voice echoed through the crowd of people.

Hearing the scream, Xaldain raced to the West Gates to find Serenity passed out on the ground along side of Maria. "What happened?" he asked frantically.

"She got posioned by a venomous ghoul. She was looking for you." Maria replied

"Serenity, why did you-" He sighed.

"The Elder said it was dangerous outside of Archosaur where herbs grew." Maria added. "There should be an Apothecary nearby. He should have remedies for poison. I'll take her back to the room."

"Thank you." he nodded to Maria. "I won't be long." He raced to the Apothecary. There was no time to lose.

At the Apothecary

Sadly, the Apothecary did not carry any herbs with him and Xaldain needed to train in order to create the solution that kills poison. He knew he should have started his training earlier.

Two hours later

Xaldain was digging up a nectar herb on a hill. It was not infested with wraiths, thank goodness. He had a long way to go still and the sun had already set. "Hold on Serenity..." he whispered.

"Hey, farm boy." a familiar male voice said behind Xaldain. Xaldain turned to see it was Hojo. "Here." he said, throwing Xaldain a bag of herbs. "That should help." He turned his back towards him and started walking away.

"Uh.. Thanks, Hojo." Xaldain said and smiled. "Why did you give me this?"

"To save Serenity. She did help heal me after all. And I have no use for them anymore." Hojo replied.

"What do you mean by anymore?" Xaldain asked curiously as he stood up.

"It's nothing." Hojo answered, waving his hand to dismiss it. "You better get going."

Xaldain nodded and hurried back to Archosaur.

Hojo sighed. "Not anymore..."

Memory of Hojo's

"Don't worry, KC. I'll get you the remedies you need. I promise." a younger verion of Hojo thought to himself as he ran through a forest. "Why did I leave him all alone?" He turned to see thieves surround him. "Great, just my luck." he said to himself as they attacked. He was no match for them and was quickly defeated. "My... my herbs..." he grunted as he got up (Ressurection scroll). "They're gone.." (.01% Drop rate) He growled and clenched his fists. "I'll have to start over again. Hang in there little brother. I'll work harder."

End of Flashback

Hojo shook his head and sighed. "Forgive, KC..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'll be completely honest here, when I first heard of this contest, I did not believe it.).

It's for real hon, I loved my time in PWI and wanted to leave with a bang, a flourish, and some fun :-)
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Megatokyo, steampunk, l33t and Largo agree here. God, I had to do that.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited August 2009
    Options

ಥ_ಥ ...I...I love it...!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Joshinator - Heavens Tear
    Joshinator - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The Lucky Archer (Short Story)

A lonely archer walks through the district known as the west. He wanders

aimlessly and wonders why there is so many cats, why avarice felines would

charge 600k for a charm of gold. As he was walking through the labyrinth of

felines he comes across an old man with a peculiar "stache". The old man

was not blessed with vertical advantage, but he had the body of a god

and if you looked at him fast he would resemble Tom Skeritt. The Archer

finishes examining the old man and asks "How old are you sir?".

The old moustached man replied "2,531 Perfect World Cycles". (about 5,610

years).

The Archer was baffled that a man could live that long and have

a body that was so ripped, and veins popping every which direction and abs

that were not steel, but like diamonds. So the archer asked, "What is your

secret old man?". The old man replied with a booming laugh "Hahaha, you

know... if I told you i'd most certainly have to kill you." The Curious Archer's

eyebrows frowned. Reluctantly, but still fearing his life The Archer mustered

up the courage to say "I really want to know, you can try to kill me."

The old man quickly conjures up the most powerful punch he can to swing

at the unaware archer. The old man hits the young archer causing him to

fly back Three-Hundred meters, reduces his hp to 0 and makes him lose 999

Gaurdian Angels out of 1,000. That 1 last Gaurdian Angel luckily saved him so

he could go to town without losing experience. The Archer wakes up several

years later in an unknown place.

The Archer looks around the damp, and dark place where he see the old man

cooking something in a pot. The old man turns around and says with a chuckle

"Oh, you're finally up!". "You know.. Nobody has ever survived one of those

punches without going back to level 0 then getting kicked out of the game".

The Archer replies softly, "Really?" The Old Man replies, "Yes, now I can tell

you my secret to eternal life". The Archer sits up eagerly.

The Old Man continutes, "My secret.... you must never tell anyone. Not

even your closest friends or family." The Archer replies, "Of course I won't

you have my word!" The Old Man reluctantly begins talking again, "My secret

is..." Then there is suddenly a knock on the door. A man with a red beard

and ripping body walks in. The Archer says "Who is this man?". The Old Man

Replies, "This is my only son, we created Perfect World with our bare hands...

His name is Chuck Norris, this is my Secret to eternal life."

The Archer quickly gets up to shake Chuck Norris's hand, but as we all know

Chuck Norris's strength is unmatched and crushes The Archer's hand. Which

Destroys his last Gaurdian Angel and sends him flying from level 105 to level 0.

Sending him flying out of the game we know as.... Perfect World International!
  • Joshinator - Heavens Tear
    Joshinator - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wow that was longer than I thought.. it's still pretty short hehe
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LOL CHUCK NORRIS. b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I TOTALLY LOL'd IRL, FOR REALZ, YO.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Liebe - Heavens Tear
    Liebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sounds like much fun ^^ I'll give it a try b:victory
    9x Veno - Liebe
    9x Cleric - /\ngellus
    8x Archer - Xaixu
    6x Barb - \/ladamir
    Heaven's Tear b:dirty