75 Million Gold Contest!

Options
Shota - Heavens Tear
Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Etherblade (West)
“LEGENDARY” Perfect World Giveaway – Heaven’s Tear Server

It’s hard to believe that it has only been a little over a year since PWI opened its lands to us. I was one of the first to venture forth and I always enjoyed myself. For quite a time I spent more time in this world than the one not connected to the Internet. I hesitate to use terms like “the real world” because for many of us our characters are merely extensions of our own personalities and the time we spend in game, the relationships we forge, and the fun is very real.

A few months ago I took a “hiatus” from PWI and thought I might come back in time. The honest truth is that I have a bit of an addictive personality and when I am somewhere, I am 100% there, and when I’m not… well… I’m not there at all. I’m also not a collector of things except memories; I don’t like to have mementos that get all dusty… I hate dust. As another summer winds down and a new school year approaches I realize that with teaching and my unwired life I won’t have the time to pursue PWI in the addictive fashion I once did. Since I do things either all the way or not at all, sadly “not at all” is the reality.

Some people leave games in flames and criticism. My dad got me started in gaming when I was 11 and I have tried to always leave the multitude of worlds I have inhabited with that hope that any memories of me were good ones. I think PWI is a legendary sort of place and as such deserves a legendary departure. So, for those who will indulge me, I have devised one last bit of PWI fun for myself along with suitable rewards for those who help me in my final PWI quest… The Quest for Fan Fiction!

In my time in PWI, I was a bit of a squirrel. I looted everything, sold stuff for profit, and bought very little. I amassed quite a tidy fortune in my time; all legal… there is no blemish against my name except maybe that I can be a bit of a witch (feel free to substitute rhyming words that fit!). All told I have 75 million gold COINS to give away.

I apologize that my wealth is limited to Heaven’s Tear, but that’s where it is. I will be cross posting on the Heaven’s Tear forum but I posted in the main one because some people don’t check the server forums all the time.

I hope this will be a fitting farewell to everyone I have known, loved, disliked, argued with, fought alongside, etc. Whether we got along or not, everyone who plays made my time in PWI a richer experience and I adore you all. Thank you for a wonderful year and I hope in some small way to be remembered. May my hard-earned gold buy a few pretty trinkets for those who win the bounty of my quest!

RULES:

1) Entries are limited to 1 per screen name. I have no way to know whether multiple screen names belong to the same person, so that’s just how it is.
2) Entries must be original fan fiction either short story or poem that deals with PWI. Feel free to include characters, monsters, players; even me… mentions of the wonder of me could enhance judging so long as it doesn’t diminish the quality of the work!
3) I am the sole judge and my decision of winners is the only one that matters as far as who gets my money.
4) Entries MUST be posted ONLY to the thread on Heaven’s Tear forum, NOT the main PWI forum.
5) Entries must be submitted by Wednesday August 19, 2009 and prizes will be awarded no later than Saturday August 22, 2009.
6) Entries will not be used by me for anything except my own enjoyment; you retain all rights to your work.

PRIZES:

FIRST PRIZE – 20 MILLION GOLD
SECOND PRIZE – 15 MILLION GOLD
THIRD PRIZE – 12.5 MILLION GOLD
FOURTH PRIZE – 10 MILLION GOLD
FIFTH PRIZE – 7.5 MILLION GOLD
SIXTH PRIZE – 5 MILLION GOLD
SEVENTH PRIZE – 2.5 MILLION GOLD
EIGHTH PRIZE – 1.5 MILLION GOLD
NINTH PRIZE – 1 MILLION GOLD

I hope some of you have fun with this, I sure hope to. And thank you all again for enhancing my online home… seriously, thank you!

Dagny
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Shota - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Moderators, ok to sticky this thread?
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This sounds fun, Ill write a poem.

A love poem in fact.

A love poem so strong you'll be forced to give me 1st 2nd and 3rd place.
    b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This sounds fun, Ill write a poem.

A love poem in fact.

A love poem so strong you'll be forced to give me 1st 2nd and 3rd place.
    b:dirty

awesome, I have a tender heart, let's see how fast you can make it beat!
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Can you like magically transfer to Lost City?b:cute
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LoL...

*summons all of her witchly powers*

*spell fizzles*

dangit!

I did earn a sticky tho!! That sounds dirty...
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hehe...you shall see me in a new light. I shall shed my troll skin for a moment, and give you a glimpse at the inner creativity of my mind! I pray that you are pleased!

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hehe...you shall see me in a new light. I shall shed my troll skin for a moment, and give you a glimpse at the inner creativity of my mind! I pray that you are pleased!

b:victory

What girl doesn't like a guy wanting to please her?
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    =O

*brushes dust off her writing pen*

So for the story bit...Is there a page limitation for it, or can I write like, a 500 pages PWI novel? b:laugh

Will there be points deducted for making grammar mistakes, spelling errors and whatnot? Or can the whole story be like, a gigantic wall of text?

Well, time for this old coot to get some creative-ness going!
    edited August 2009
    Options
    what Girl Doesn't Like A Guy Wanting To Please Her?

ಠ_ಠ

I C Wut U Did Thar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    =O

*brushes dust off her writing pen*

So for the story bit...Is there a page limitation for it, or can I write like, a 500 pages PWI novel? b:laugh

Will there be points deducted for making grammar mistakes, spelling errors and whatnot? Or can the whole story be like, a gigantic wall of text?

Well, time for this old coot to get some creative-ness going!

All things being equal, proper grammar and a pleasing presentation would win out. Your story can be as long as it takes to say what you have to say. I'm a high school teacher so I'm looking for substance over quantity. If it takes 500 good pages to tell your story, go for it... if it takes 2 pages to tell the story that works too. Entertain me, just don't make me sleepy... unless you're brushing my hair, but that's not part of the contest.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ಠ_ಠ

I C Wut U Did Thar.

*looks innocent* who, me?
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm a high school teacher so I'm looking for substance over quantity.

b:shocked Why do I get the feeling that you may be in league with my high school teacher?

*prays for an A+*
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:shocked Why do I get the feeling that you may be in league with my high school teacher?

*prays for an A+*

Maybe I AM your high school teacher!
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

i certainly hope not...

At least with what I'm about to do...
    b:shocked

σ_σ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options

Nyuuuuu School doesn't even start until September and I'm already being graded! b:cry
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nyuuuuu School doesn't even start until September and I'm already being graded! b:cry

No crying! At least from me your grades get you gold coins, not just gold stars!

PS lucky you... school starts for us August 24 and I have to report to work on the 18th *cries*
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i certainly hope not...

At least with what I'm about to do...
    b:shocked

σ_σ

Is your high school teacher 23 and about 5'3" 105 lbs? If so you may win, but I might have to call your mom *winks*
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *looks innocent* who, me?

Yes, you...

...and yes, I still giggle at your character name.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yes, you...

...and yes, I still giggle at your character name.

b:chuckle

hush you! they promised me a free name change last November... ask me if it happened...
    edited August 2009
    Options
    hush you! they promised me a free name change last November... ask me if it happened...

D...did it happen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    D...did it happen?

/facepalm b:laugh
    edited August 2009
    Options
    /facepalm b:laugh

ಠ_ಠ

Hey...you said ask.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Can we please cut down on the spam? Seems like people have been getting a bit out of control lately. Cut the forum admins a break please b:surrender
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PS please tell all of your friends about the contest, need enough submissions so I can justify the prizes and not have to extend the deadline. The gold is getting given away but only to deserving entries :-)
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *smiles and gives a thumbs-up* I had a feeling from your tone today that you were quite tired. As a show of good faith, I'll cut down completely on the spam now.

*bows* And now I wish the rest of you adieu. If anything, you'll see only one more spam post from me today.

b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Can we please cut down on the spam? Seems like people have been getting a bit out of control lately. Cut the forum admins a break please b:surrender

What spam? the moderator stickied the thread?
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *smiles and gives a thumbs-up* I had a feeling from your tone today that you were quite tired. As a show of good faith, I'll cut down completely on the spam now.

*bows* And now I wish the rest of you adieu. If anything, you'll see only one more spam post from me today.

b:kiss

The admin would like us to stay on topic, my apologies for the personal covnersations... please PM me for off topic stuff :-)
  • Jaberwachy - Heavens Tear
    Jaberwachy - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So...umm submissions should be posted on this thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So...umm submissions should be posted on this thread?

yes, please.. between now and Wednesday August 10.
  • Bhaskara - Heavens Tear
    Bhaskara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    huhu sounds fun now let's see how much talent and imagination we posses gl all<3 b:cute