Server Maintenance COMPLETE!

eatwithspoons
eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Howdy folks!

Our weekly server maintenance will be tonight, July 29th from 11pm-1am PST.

Thanks again! Have a great night!
Post edited by eatwithspoons on

Comments

• kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ah mah gad!!! b:beg

Patch Version 166
    Released July 30th, 2009

GM Live Chat Support
    A brand new GM call system has been implemented into the game. This system allows for more direct interaction with our Customer Service staff as well as shorter wait times for help. This system is currently only available during certain hours of the day, but will be 24/7 within one week.

You can also access the Live Chat system directly through the website at http://support.perfectworld.com

New Patch Server

Having trouble patching? You can now choose between two separate patch servers! At the Perfect World International launch window:

1. Select [Upd.Sets.]
    2. Select from the drop down menu for Patch 1 or Patch 2
    3. Select confirm
    4. Restart the client

If you are having trouble with one of the patch servers, try the other.

If you are still having trouble auto-patching, remember that Manual Patches will also be available for download shortly after weekly maintenance has ended (If a new patch is required to play). Manual Patches can be found here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

Jolly Old Jones

Jolly Old Jones is back in that Jolly mood again! Players will have a chance to exchange coins or Guardian Angels to Jolly Old Jones for one of two things:

Small Spring Pack
    Has a chance to contain lots of useful items such as Oracle Quest books, Beautiful Shards, HP/MP restoration items, low level Molds, a Training Esoterica, or Scarlet Fruit!

Huge Rainbow Egg
    Has a chance to contain potions, weapon charms, Average Shards, or the elegant Scarlet Ninetails!

Jolly Old Jones can be found in starting areas of each of the 3 races:

Battlemark Village (369, 462)
    Inn of the Eagle (421, 835)
    The Northern Pass (257, 689)

Warsong City Dungeon / Bounty Hunter

Final preparations are being made for the Battle of Warsong City, and the daily Bounty Hunter quests. More information will soon be released!*

*This means that the Warsong City Dungeon and Bounty Hunter Daily quest is currently unavailable.

Dominance Blessing

Players will now receive a blessing item to help them in all Perfect World INSTANCED Dungeons. Simply enter the dungeon and accept the quest that appears. This item provides the player with +10 Attack Level and +10 Defense Level. This Blessing lasts for 4 hours and is only usable inside the dungeon. Make sure you have enough room in your inventory to receive it!

Cube of Fate - Chest of Coins
    After completing the Cube of Fate, players will receive an additional reward called the Chest of Coins that contains 1,000,000 coins. You will receive 1 Chest of Coins if selecting the Reward Pack, or 3 if selecting the Mysterious Cog. However, because of the sturdiness of these chests, you will need a Perfect Iron Hammer to open them. Perfect Iron Hammers can be found in the Perfect World Boutique.

Genie Skills:

New Genie Skill

Balance - Blademaster only. Creates a shield around you that absorbs damage and makes you immune to stuns for 12 seconds. If your physical defense is higher than your average elemental resistance, the shield absorbs magic damage. If your elemental resistance is higher than your physical defense, the shield absorbs physical damage. The amount it absorbs is based on the difference between your physical defense and elemental resistance.

The following Genie skills have been modified:

Electro Dance - Now has a chance to stun enemies.

Explosion - Now only hits a single target. It also now drains all of your Genie's energy, but has no minimum cost.

Gale - Now also slows the flying speed of its targets.

Poisonous Swarm - Now slows the target and randomly reduces their HP, MP, or Chi.

Rainbow Blessing - The Critstrike Rate buff is now applied 100% of the time; the rest will still be randomly applied alongside it.

Smoldering Burst - This skill no longer has a secondary damage burst, and the damage is affected by the target's Fire and Water resistances (higher fire resist lowers the damage, and higher water resist raises the damage.)

Spark - Cooldown raised to 40 seconds. Range reduced to 20 meters.

True Emptiness - This skill now consumes all of the genie's energy and deals damage based on the amount of energy consumed.

Virulent Poison - This skill now drains the target's Chi and deals damage based on the amount drained. It no longer causes status immunity.

Wind Prison - Now available to all classes.

Shattered Gear, Safety Lock, PVP, and YOU!

A new PVP equipment drop/damage system has been implemented. The following rules now apply during PVP combat:

Gear Shattered
    Items and equipment that are on a character are subject to Gear Shatter. Gear Shatter is caused when a player is killed in Player versus Player combat.

What happens to the gear when it is shattered?
    When a gear is shattered, the item will lose all its base and enhanced stats, and become ineffective in battle. The item can still be equipped, but it will have no effect. The items subject to Gear Shattering are weapons, armor, tomes, and aerogear. If an aerogear has been shattered, it cannot be used for flight.

Why do I drop Chi Stones after I've died and my equipment is shattered?
    Upon your character dying and a gear being shattered, a certain amount of Chi Stones will drop from you. These Chi stones will vary in amount and can be picked up by whomever (most likely the person who has killed you). The type of Chi Stones dropped is the same type that you will need to repair your Shattered gear. The amount of Chi Stones dropped are an indication of how many Chi Stones you will need to repair your Shattered equipment, and the type of Chi Stone is related to the level of the Shattered equipment.

How do I repair Shattered gear?
    Speak to a Blacksmith, Craftsman, or Tailor, and select the Repair option to bring up the Shattered Gear repair window. You can mouse over the Shattered item to see what type and amount of Chi Stone is needed.

The amount of Chi Stones need for repair = the amount of Chi Stones dropped + 20%. For example, if your shattered gear dropped 10 Chi Stones, the amount needed for repair will be 12.

The following rules apply in regards to Safety Lock, PVP and Gear Shatter.

Gear Shattered with Safety Lock ON:
    Players with their Safety Lock ON will no longer drop items due to being killed during player vs. player combat. However, players with Safety Lock ON will be subject of a higher percentage of Gear Shatter (the percentage that upon being killed an item will be shattered).

The percentage that an item will shatter upon being killed in PVP (Safety Lock ON):
    White and Pink name players = 1%
    Light Red players = 2%
    Red players = 3%
    Dark Red players = 4%

Gear Shattered with Safety Lock OFF:
    Players with their Safety Lock OFF will be subject to the normal item drop rules. That is, players who are killed during player versus player combat will still drop items as normal. (See our website for further details on the item drop percentages http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp).

The percentage that an item will shatter upon being killed in PVP (Safety Lock OFF):
    White and Pink name players = 0%
    Light Red players = 1%
    Red players = 2%
    Dark Red players = 3%

Additional New Features:

Equipment Code
    Implemented a new security feature. If you have a Safe Code password set up for your bank, the system will prompt you to enter the password the first time you log in and change your equipment or fashion wardrobe.

Expanded Skill Bar
    The quick skill bar has been expanded to accommodate more skills. Skills can now be allocated to the numerical keys 1-9 (previously 1-6). Expanded the number of tabs it can extend to from 3 to 5.

Squad UI
    When a squad member has entered combat, a red rectangle will appear around their name in the squad list.

Expanded the number of Buff and De-buff icons that can be seen on the squad list. Included a toggle on/off feature for the icons.

Wardrobe/Fashion
    Your wardrobe is now carried with you. If you have already activated you wardrobe, open the inventory screen (b) and select the Fashion bag on the right hand side. This will bring up your wardrobe slots.*

*Note: You will still need to move your clothes from your wardrobe into your inventory before being able to equip them.

**Wardrobe Fashions will not drop when killed during PVP combat.

Additionally in this wardrobe window, players can click on the Fashion Change button on the upper right corner to access the Fashion Change feature. This area allows you to set your favorite fashion sets to cycle on a timer.*

*Note: This feature requires the fashion items you wish to auto cycle to be stored in your wardrobe.

Set Dye System
    Speak to the seamstress in any city and she will now have the ability to dye all clothing of a set (your own combination) the same color. This process will cost twice the total amount of random pigments required for the entire set. The Set Dye system uses Random Pigments only.

Socket Stone Requirement Table
    You can now view the amount of socket stones required for each level of weapon or armor. Speak to a PW Boutique Agent, select the Slot Equipment option, and click on the yellow button next to the green exit button. This will bring up a table with socket requirement information.

My Favorite Auctions
    The auction house now features a My Favorites option to help keep track of your favorite auctions. Select an auction you would like to keep track of, and click the Add to Favorites button on the upper right. You can then click on the My Favorites button at the bottom of the window to view all of your favorite auctions.

Genie Gears
    The gear list for genies has greatly expanded. Speak to any Watcher of the Earth and select Genie Summon and Gear to check out the new equipment. You can also obtain Wraith Badges to turn in to the Commander-in-chief for reputation points. *

*Note: Items obtained from the Warsong City event are needed for trade in. Warsong City Dungeon is currently unavailable but will be open soon!

Fixes/Changes

Hot Color Packs no longer contain Random Pigments. Players will always receive 1 specific colored pigment.

Fixed an issue where Barbarians in Tiger Form performing the Ancestral Rage skill would become stuck in a running/rolling animation.

Fixed an issue where Venomancers were unable to change into Fox Form while unarmed.

All Cube of Fate Lottery rooms (51 - 59) require a certain amount of coins to proceed, or to receive the initial quest. Text for the Lottery NPCs have been re-localized to reflect this cost.

Twilight Temple Act II: Symphony of Fate - Removed the bridge that leads to the Astralwalker. A new NPC will now teleport players across to the platform.

Fixed an issue that the Chat Smileys had with overlapping animations and were named incorrectly.

Mrs. Zoologist is now correctly named in the Coordinates Assistant.

Fixed an issue in Valley of Reciprocity where players were unable to teleport into Happy Valley.

Mo Zun and Master Li now warn players that the Sage/Demon choice is irreversible.

Blessing of the Condor (Genie Skill) now correctly states that it is a self-only buff.

Wind Shield (Genie Skill) text now correctly states that it increases evasion, not dexterity.

b:sweat Whew! Hope you all enjoy!
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    First player post! :P

Yeah...I can still take solace in SOMETHING, GM's.

ಢ_ಢೂ ...epic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ^^ I would have had it had the link let me in b:cry

oO Kantorek....your siggy!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • HikariHinata - Heavens Tear
    HikariHinata - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is going to be fun I'm sure ^^

I'll miss some of my new favorite smiley :(

well I hope I'll have to miss them... ^^ b:bye
    01001100 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01010001 01010001 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01001110 01111001 01110101 01001110 01111001 01110101 00100001 00100001 00100001
    b:thanks
    edited July 2009
    ^^ I would have had it had the link let me in b:cry

But it didn't...did they Mr. Squidward...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009

ಢ_ಢೂ ...epic.

*ducks the QQ missile*

it's okay Konari, close enough for me!
    edited July 2009
    *ducks the QQ missile*

it's okay Konari, close enough for me!

And definitely good enough for me! b:chuckle

...can't wait for the AWESOME-SAUCE NEW EXPANSION tonight!

*whispers* Permanent Charm Packs, please...? Or...give me a few free ones, maybe...?

b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Howdy folks!

Regularly scheduled server maintenance will be tonight, July 29th from 11pm-1am PST.

Thanks again! Have a great night!

regular scheduled maintenance..aka...nothing?
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009

See this....
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings All,

As of this morning at 1am server time, several new sales have kicked off.

One is the return of the infamous Charm Pack. These are 5 packs of Gold Charms that include a bonus rainbow egg. Most notably, these charms can stack in your inventory, taking up considerably less space.

The second sale is a Dragon Orb Sale. Dragon Orb 1 Stars are now on sale for a discounted price, and for the first time ever, Dragon Orb 6 Stars are available in the shop for a limited time.

Official news announcements and launcher banners will be added later today, consider this an early announcement for our hardcore forum users. ;)

Finally, what we've all been waiting for, we'll be pushing a very large content update this week. We'll have a news story about all the new content, as well as patch notes available prior to maintenance today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009

Trolling is not allowed by the way. Consider this your warning
    edited July 2009

Well I don't know for the "regular" part, but well if there is a maintenance we can hope =^.^=

Free charm pack too?
    01001100 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01010001 01010001 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01001110 01111001 01110101 01001110 01111001 01110101 00100001 00100001 00100001
    edited July 2009
    Well I don't know for the "regular" part, but well if there is a maintenance we can hope =^.^=

Free charm pack too?

No. *pouts* Only for me. Because I'm Awesome-Sauce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009

Well you can keep them if you want, as long as clerics gets to have infinite mp b:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009

ಠ_ಠ

dfasdfa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    ಠ_ಠ

dfasdfa

*slap* You're doing it too small. GO BIG OR GO HOME!!

ಠಿ_ಠಿ

LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT! I WANT ALL OF YOU TO LOOK AT IT...!!

b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    What if I prefer to look at anything else? ^^
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    *slap* You're doing it too small. GO BIG OR GO HOME!!

ಠಿ_ಠಿ

LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT! I WANT ALL OF YOU TO LOOK AT IT...!!

b:angry

Not nice slapping me!!! b:cry

ಠ_ಠೊ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    What if I prefer to look at anything else? ^^

Then ಠಿ_ಠಿ will stare into your soul until it shatters into OVER 9000 pieces and fades away faster than Emerald Quingfu's against my Black Ice Dragon Strike.

EDIT: @RedsRose -- You're welcome. b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009

b:dirty

ಠಿ_ಠಿ....Can you make me a cute one b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    Then ಠಿ_ಠಿ will stare into your soul until it shatters into OVER 9000 pieces and fades away faster than Emerald Quingfu's against my Black Ice Dragon Strike.

mind if I sleep you and walk away? ^^ b:bye
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2009

ಢ_ಢೂ ...epic.

Aren't you supposed to be at work? Doing work stuff?? I'm telling....!!!
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Are we going to get a patch? Or more importantly, are we finally, finally, finally going to get all that stuff we got in the last patch activated? -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited July 2009
    Kantorek wrote: »

You wouldn't?!? b:shocked
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Are we going to get a patch? Or more importantly, are we finally, finally, finally going to get all that stuff we got in the last patch activated? -_-

Only time will tell b:thanks
    edited July 2009
    mind if I sleep you and walk away? ^^ b:bye

...OP Cleric. I call HAX0rz
    Kantorek wrote: »

<_<;

>_>;

...every employee deserves a break once in a while, right...? C'mon, back me up here, Kanto Region...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wow I fell behind this week. Also I agree with Rose (there's something new). How is this regularly scheduled?
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The only new update I'm really excited for is the change from the skill bar being 1-6 to 1-9.

I have plans for those three slots.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
    edited July 2009

...OP Cleric. I call HAX0rz

I would call it english course at school ^^
    edited July 2009
    Oh. And here's your cute Sauce Face, Rose.

ಢಿ_ಢಿ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Wow I fell behind this week. Also I agree with Rose (there's something new). How is this regularly scheduled?

Okay I'll change it to IRregularly scheduled? lol, I'll just remove the wordb:chuckle