Why Should Veno's Have a Ranged Pet?

1235»

Comments

• SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    If you're not great at merchanting, and you're not cash shopping: doing Crazy Stone and World Quest is crazy. Those dailies are a good way to produce fails or generate a need for cash shop.

For luring / mag tanking purposes, Tough would be better than Strong. I put strong on mine for grinding, but would probably prefer Howl or Tough. Hoping a better use for Strong will come up.

I only used cash shop for essential items.. inv stone/bank stone/ some slots of pet bag. And I'm not the worst at selling items. I've really probably have only made ~40mil since I started. Now I'm at 1 mil. Most of the money went towards spells. I really haven't bought anything... except for crazy stones. or a 60k split wine fee.
  • Potzi - Lost City
    Potzi - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    can't seem to get my eldergoth outside of Aur's aoe :/
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    can't seem to get my eldergoth outside of Aur's aoe :/

1) Aur's AoE is AoE around its target (like coredash & most AoEs in TTs, they arent AoE around the boss itself. As such, you can never have the tank not in range of its AoE.

2) NECRO!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ranged pets like the Celestial Sting are very useful in FF for the heads. However, it often glitches when pulling certain bosses like Wurlord and it can pull a whole army of 'em. It particularly seems to bug on ranged pulling on the first set. There's really no way to mitigate this either as there is no consistency to this error coming up and seems like being a gamble over the quick pull pet like a Kowlin or Petali.

I haven't had any problems pulling Wurlord with an eldergoth marksman in range mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    On this subject.How do you get an eldergroth marksman to shoot from range instead of just going up tanking?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    On this subject.How do you get an eldergroth marksman to shoot from range instead of just going up tanking?

You ask him nicely

Just unselect the default skill, and he will use the ranged attack
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You ask him nicely

Just unselect the default skill, and he will use the ranged attack

So unselect bash and click on attack.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So unselect bash and click on attack.

Yes, unselect bash, and send pet using Alt+1 (skills are in Alt+2-Alt+5 shorcuts) so he uses regular attack
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • venopaper12
    venopaper12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Like seriously they are one of the best solo class and can pk verry well with the right playstyle and gear just look at some skills

blazing barrier
    Reduces all incoming damage and reflects 100%of the melee damage and reflects ALL melee damage including plume shot and archers skill even blade tempest psychial damage for 15 sec reduces damage by 30% only cost 30 chi
    i mean WOW this skill is to op it reflects ALL psychial damage!!! the moment a cleric keeps plume shotting you for 3 - 4 times he will actauly wanting to suicide same goes for an archer! i so freaking much love this skill

bramble hood
    reflects melee damage 'not all' takes up to 2 sparks and reflects 200% of the melee damage and reduces damage for 75% lasts for 15 sec

This skill totaly rocks with no doubt it reflects 200% of the melee damage and all damage will be reduced by 75%! thats like a mini invoke version of venos but even greater it reflects melee damage! its so funny when aps classes dont know how this skill works and keep apsing themself to death and are like QQ and im like lmao

summer sprint

makes you faster for 15% 25% 35% depening on lvl for 5 min

THIS SKILL ABSOLUTLY IS A MUST FOR ALL VENOS MAX IT WHENEVER YOU CAN YOU WONT EVER REGRET IT!

Lending hand
    tranfer 1 spark to a friendly target cost 1 spark

People will love you if you use this on them

there are many more awesome skills but is just to let you see what for skills veno have they are like freaking beast at endgame they are like wizards late bloomers they will in the begining be kinda squishy and everybody will laugh at them but at the end they will be freaking BAWSSSSSb:angryb:angryb:angryb: