EVENT: Picture Hunt!!! [Winners Posted]

Comments

• Guenevere - Dreamweaver
    Guenevere - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hello, thank you for the lovely event.

I messed up the event by finding all the shops but not actually whispering the gm afterward b:cry
    If the whisper was only there to check who finished first, would it please be possible to make an exception in this case b:sad
    Is there other ways to know who got to all the 3 shops first ?

Even though my finishing first is highly unlikely.

PS can already guess the replies of the rest of the community to this, but an official reply would be great.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think it turned out to be pretty cool. A little frustrating, but I just had to laugh at how evil you were with the first pics. That was funny :) It turned out I figured out all three on Harshlands, roughly, but I was looking too far off to the side and didn't make it to all three in time. One of my guildmates did though so we're all looking forward to Monday :)

I had fun, it was a great job you did coming up with this and implementing it. I imagine it was a little tricky to work out.

Can you give us a general guestimate of how many arrows were given out, or an idea of how many of us were playing? It was anything but crowded 'round the ones I found. Biggest group was 'round the easy one at Stairway right after the coordinates were released. And that was... 4 people?
    I'll make an estimate for east coast, because west coast was a ridiculously big turnout. More than ten people made it per server, west coast it was at least 15-20 completions before end time
    Hello, thank you for the lovely event.

I messed up the event by finding all the shops but not actually whispering the gm afterward b:cry
    If the whisper was only there to check who finished first, would it please be possible to make an exception in this case b:sad
    Is there other ways to know who got to all the 3 shops first ?

Even though my finishing first is highly unlikely.

PS can already guess the replies of the rest of the community to this, but an official reply would be great.
    We'll be going over our shop logs to determine who gets there first, however whispers are being used for the initial ordering. This may change once we compile whispers with the logs.
  • Guenevere - Dreamweaver
    Guenevere - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    We'll be going over our shop logs to determine who gets there first, however whispers are being used for the initial ordering. This may change once we compile whispers with the logs.

Thank youb:thanks I hope there is hope for me yetb:surrender
  • shuzan
    shuzan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Me want new wings. b:sad
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    a good event with minimal requirement of cash shop, too bad have to check logs and didnt use a special item and then trade a gm at end or something, but good luck with logs i guess the way it was organized that shouldnt be a pain, on east coast that was a pretty good selection of locations although 3rd location favored elven class heavily id say , locations were for lvl 50 and under which was another good choice
    overall thumbs up from me
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    a good event with minimal requirement of cash shop, too bad have to check logs and didnt use a special item and then trade a gm at end or something, but good luck with logs i guess the way it was organized that shouldnt be a pain, on east coast that was a pretty good selection of locations although 3rd location favored elven class heavily id say , locations were for lvl 50 and under which was another good choice
    overall thumbs up from me

WTF what logs?(what do u mean by logs :P ? )
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Damn then I dont make a chance to win... I thought it was ok if friends helpedb:surrender

My friend bought at sundown, I bought at white ridge and then another friend bought at Misfortune.. And we gathered up at bengal ridge to give the stuff to me...b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Venorik - Sanctuary
    Venorik - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Oh well, nice to know that I'm one of 15-20 people on my server who finished at least, even if I have a snowball's chance in hell of winning (can't believe I flew around sumor twice and still missed the GM catshop b:angry).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Venorik - The Movie Trailer] youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Going off of what VenLooki said..

My friend and I also collaborated, I bought 2 and he bought 1. I whispered the GM when we were done and told him we were collaborating.. but will that be taken into account when judges look at logs?

Thanks
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    WTF what logs?(what do u mean by logs :P ? )

In case you are joking, they can check who bought the items first and in what order and maybe take the average of what postions you came, helping make the winner more obvious
    Damn then I dont make a chance to win... I thought it was ok if friends helpedb:surrender

My friend bought at sundown, I bought at white ridge and then another friend bought at Misfortune.. And we gathered up at bengal ridge to give the stuff to me...b:sad
    Going off of what VenLooki said..

My friend and I also collaborated, I bought 2 and he bought 1. I whispered the GM when we were done and told him we were collaborating.. but will that be taken into account when judges look at logs?

Thanks

I honestly doubt they will be tracking the items, that would make it way too much of a challenge to judge who came in what position. They will just look at the logs of the GM shops of who/when bought what arrow off what shop

If you did get others to buy the arrows, I could be wrong but I don't think you will be counted as you only bought the arrow from one shop on the logs.

Was hinted that there will only be one winner and you had to do the hunt by yourself
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I honestly doubt they will be tracking the items, that would make it way too much of a challenge to judge who came in what position. They will just look at the logs of the GM shops of who/when bought what arrow off what shop

If you did get others to buy the arrows, I could be wrong but I don't think you will be counted as you only bought the arrow from one shop on the logs.

Was hinted that there will only be one winner and you had to do the hunt by yourself
    What you may choose not to do(your choice):
    * Collaboration is allowed, but there is only one winner.
    * You are not required to help other users with this event, posting hints may not be advisable if you want to win.
    * Running in groups is allowed, but you'll have to fight to be the first if you do.
    I'd assume this means collaboration is okay?
    edited June 2009
    I'd assume this means collaboration is okay?

Yep, it depends on how you use the word, I took it was there can only be one winner but you can have help with the locations, but you are the one who has to go to the shop

Plus note how I said doubt, it depends on how the judges want to handle it, I never said never. Doubts can be wrong. But its about the work involved, if you mentioned the names of the people who helped. Then sure theres a chance you will be counted. If you never mentioned anything to the GM's of the chars who helped, I doubt they will look into it deeply
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This was fun. I wonder if I won though, because i finished the hunt 8 minutes before time but when i whispered "picture hunt" he wasnt there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Y I know.. Well I will see.. I was pretty fast finding out what the spots were.. I whisped Xarfox, and whisped him again if it was ok that my friends bought.. Cause I got confused cause we all bought the same stuff.. So I had.. Euhh how do they know its for me?b:sad
    But well.. Maybe there is some miscommunication here.. But yeah it made me more happy if I knew before they would do it by tracking from buy.. Cause then I rushed more to tele to the other spots.. And buy myself.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yah could a GM specify on the collaboration part, check log for squad, thatyll bump up when we got all 3 part and whisper gm to a lil higher up list b:thanks
  • shuzan
    shuzan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The GM's are determining who won by the logs of who bought from the shops.

So no. You're screwed if you had someone buy it for you.
  • Maxeur - Harshlands
    Maxeur - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    im to pret a hlip b:pleased
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    its monday hereb:surrenderevening
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It's monday here too. Good afternoon!

It's still kind of early in the day over at PWE headquarters though. GM's are likely still on their first cup of coffee so give them a bit.

That said... *watches the first post with anticipation* GO GARNEY! /fangirl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Bittersweet - Harshlands
    Bittersweet - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:tired I guess I'll check the results tomorrow then.
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    gahhhh who won? come on GM's wake up!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • littleg974
    littleg974 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    when will we know if we won ?b:laugh
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    i bet tehyre gona anounce it when i go to sleep which is riiiiiighhhht nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww b:sleep(hope it works :P, but rly goin to bed(tehy rly like teasing us :P)) (still nothing... .ok rly goin to sleep now) XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HatsuneMiku_ - Sanctuary
    HatsuneMiku_ - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    they gonna post winners any minute now right b:sad
  • Mofo - Harshlands
    Mofo - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i love u bitter ^_^ good luck!!
    LOLIROFL CAKE!! GET SOME!!
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    C C C C C C C C C COMBO BREAKERRR!!!!!!!

winners are posted!
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Congrats to the winners :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited June 2009
    Congratulations to the winners
  • HatsuneMiku_ - Sanctuary
    HatsuneMiku_ - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    what was decided for the 2nd and 3rd place winners as prizes o.o
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    what was decided for the 2nd and 3rd place winners as prizes o.o

We're going to have to figure that out, I'll ask the illustrious Xarfox. I'll try to post that up before next tuesday
This discussion has been closed.