Sick of veno steriotype

Comments

• Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Do any of you PVP player know how to read? I'm not trying to disprove **** I'm just say not all people fallow a stereotype. It's like you being a redneck and me automaticly assuming you doing your sister, Or you being a black man and me automaticly assuming you like fried chicken.

Hell I've seen venos hiding on houses and staying on flying mounts and letting their pets kill everything. That make me sick. Maybe I just need to do what my Bf keep telling me to do in games. He is always telling me mele classes are best for how I like to play.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I love venos who set out to prove something, such as telling the entire gaming forum that they take on two mobs while they're pet takes on one, JUST to prove something.

You're no different than the next veno, except he's doing it right and letting his pet do all the work and gaining lots of income.

Urdoinitrong.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh *hands trolling torch*

its not really a sterotype, we are aware there are fail venos out there that dont use their class to its easily reachable powerful extent
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    yes to the person pointing out how it doesn't matter how long it took, i'm not spending any money to do it. I used maybe 2 hp pots i think, I'm sure more than 2 pots dropped there.
    I dont usually grind like that anyways.

Its only smart to play behind your pet.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So this thread has established one thing:

Not ALL venos follow the stereotype of hiding behind their pet. Only the GOOD venos do that.

The rest of them are just idiots.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    It's only fun if you play infront of your pet!

And lol your the idiot
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So this thread has established one thing:

Not ALL venos follow the stereotype of hiding behind their pet. Only the GOOD venos do that.

The rest of them are just idiots.

/thread

pro 10chars
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Crucifix - Harshlands
    Crucifix - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's only SMART if you play behind your pet!

And lol im an idiot

Fixed for you.

I didn't want you to go through the trouble of editing.
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lit, I get ridiculous repair bills too >_>; repairing TT80-90 junk is expensive as hell.
    Things can attack us from left, right, behind, its not as if our pet can magically teleport and save the day to absorb all my damage.... thats why I have VIT. When I get hit, I take a hefty blow, 400-600 dmg.

In pvp, it wont be my pet killing you, itll be me.

And Im sorry for all those who think our pet does all the killing, but if that were true, I wouldnt be stealing aggro from them ):.

Ever try soloing TT you other classes? Its not easy and cherry pie. It takes hours, and its risky as hell.

Ever have to be responsible for more than AFK shooting/bb, spamming heal or flesh ream (ahem thats you barbs, clerics and archers.) we have to stay there the entire boss fight, we have to debuff the damn thing, switch in fox form, shoot off an amp, maybe purge, switch back, ironwood, make sure pet has its debuff ready to go... alternate in some spells, repeat debuff. Its hard work to juggle.

We're more than some pet wranglers with broken pets, we have jobs, and Im damn good at mine, and Ill be ready to prove some a-hole wrong if he says my fat **** does all the work.

...how much is your repair bills btw? When I aoe grind I make on average around 130-180k per run and I also have to split the money with a cleric or put some of that money into hp charm. My repair bills are around 20-30k per run...sometime even close to 50k. In addition to repair...i also have to buy mana pots.

You said in pvp..it won't be your pet killing but you are?...your pet is your weapon/tool so I think it's a combination of you and your pet that killing people. It's just that your pet is the stronger weapon because other classes weapon cannot attack independently.

As for TT....other classes not soloing TT because some classes can not tank like a barb/herc can. Even if other classes can do it....it's not a good way to make money because you will be wasting so much pots and charm...not to mention the repair bill.

About the AFK in TT....you cannot because you chose to solo TT. If any other class that chose to solo TT....they probably won't go afk when fighting the boss also. I've seen venos AFK in TT plenty of time....they just need to turn into fox form and use normal attack. (except for some of the aoe boss in there)

All in all...my opinion is that veno is the easier class to make money and maybe to play in all classes. Next to veno...I think BM also have it easy too...but too bad we don't have a pet to tank magic mobs for usb:cry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    It's only fun if you play infront of your pet!

And lol your the idiot

This part made me lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crucifix - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    This part made me lol.

I'm pretty sure every part of what he/she has said so far has made me lol.

It's pretty comical stuff.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Ok I'm done with you PVP idiots. I'm gonna go have fun you get back to PKing your lvl 30s
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    I'm pretty sure every part of what he/she has said so far has made me lol.

It's pretty comical stuff.

Ok, yeah, I'll give you that. :P

Oh, and I'll be sure and kill some level 30s for you Tigriss, sure. Stop stereotyping PvPers because they disagree with you, hypocrite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    This part made me lol.
    Ok, yeah, I'll give you that. :P

Oh, and I'll be sure and kill some level 30s for you Tigriss, sure. Stop stereotyping PvPers because they disagree with you, hypocrite.

Your calling me and idiot for not fallowing a sterotype. So I figured you all fallowed your sterotype.
    My bad I guess your just as big an idiot as you claim I am.

Oh and if I would had to make a stereotype for pvpers from what I see of you from the forums. I'd get banned from the forums for posting it.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Your calling me and idiot for not fallowing a sterotype. So I figured you all fallowed your sterotype.
    My bad I guess your just as big an idiot as you claim I am.

I never called you an idiot... I simply made a statement. If you applied it to yourself and didn't like what you found, that isn't my concern.

Jesus, venomancers are so hateful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    fal⋅low

–adjective
    1. (of land) plowed and left unseeded for a season or more; uncultivated.
    2. not in use; inactive: My creative energies have lain fallow this year.
    –noun
    3. land that has undergone plowing and harrowing and has been left unseeded for one or more growing seasons.
    –verb (used with object)
    4. to make (land) fallow for agricultural purposes.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    it would be interesting to know how one is able to stay on a house or mount, and play anything other than a flying pet, since all the others pop back into the bag when you get in the air. and those in the know prefer to play an air pet like a bug or pig from the air because they tend to get stuck in the terrain, unless the ground is very flat.

and i havent seen any who let their pet do all the attack unless the pet is strong enough to take one mob whlile you take another. most venos i know do this-its SOP.

one thing you bring up that i hear all the time, that is puzzeling to me-the notion that all venos are 'rich'. i never have been, and doubt i will be, because my money goes almost entirely into leveling my moves, my pets, and keeping my armour,etc, up to date. and i grind as much as any other veno, and do AH selling when i have something worthwhile. but i dont call having 300k in the bank rich....thats not even enough to cover a new pet move. so, folks, no, not all venos are rich, and not all of us have hercs and phoenixes. we 'make do' with good oldfashioned wildcaught pets that we train up

Hell I've seen venos hiding on houses and staying on flying mounts and letting their pets kill everything. That make me sick. Maybe I just need to do what my Bf keep telling me to do in games. He is always telling me mele classes are best for how I like to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited May 2009
    My guess is the total length of FRAPSed footage actually included in the video is ~32 minutes if it was sped up to 8x speed, and the time to kill each group somewhere between 2-3 minutes.

original video file is 24mins. So less than you think.

edit - just watched a few groups.. about 1:30 to pull and kill all mobs. Thats not bad for not spending any money.
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Apparenyly if you keep the pet attacking it dont go into the bag. There has been times ive gotten in over my head and jump on my manta to get out of dodge. My magmite continued to fight untill I recalled it.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Crucifix - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    it would be interesting to know how one is able to stay on a house or mount, and play anything other than a flying pet, since all the others pop back into the bag when you get in the air. and those in the know prefer to play an air pet like a bug or pig from the air because they tend to get stuck in the terrain, unless the ground is very flat.

and i havent seen any who let their pet do all the attack unless the pet is strong enough to take one mob whlile you take another. most venos i know do this-its SOP.

one thing you bring up that i hear all the time, that is puzzeling to me-the notion that all venos are 'rich'. i never have been, and doubt i will be, because my money goes almost entirely into leveling my moves, my pets, and keeping my armour,etc, up to date. and i grind as much as any other veno, and do AH selling when i have something worthwhile. but i dont call having 300k in the bank rich....thats not even enough to cover a new pet move. so, folks, no, not all venos are rich, and not all of us have hercs and phoenixes. we 'make do' with good oldfashioned wildcaught pets that we train up

The part I bolded was surprising to me.

Right now as an archer I'm lucky to buy a skill every couple days....

If you have money to max your skills, you're rich, and not only one at a time.

Now, if you're poor as a veno, I really feel bad for you because you're doing either A) spending on useless fashion, or other items that have no effect, or B) really, really suck at your class.

Why do I make these stereotypical accusations?

You have more advantages on your side than any other class.

Your pet can kill things just as fast as a real character could do, You do not need to repair, or buy heiros, or buy pots for your pet (except food, but lol). You have to keep up on skills? Okay, so does everyone. You can solo dungeons, you can solo MOST fbs and bosses, you can solo practically every elite thrown your way for quests or so-on, minus a few.

You don't require many pots compared to other classes, My GF played a veno and kept a gold hp heiro from 1-60. I mean really, you guys say you're the same as every other class, when in reality, you're nothing like.

We won't even go in to the herc/phoenix note, I'm sure everyone already knows.
  • TheWall - Harshlands
    TheWall - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lol. I like this forum, it makes me laugh.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    I'm gonna have to agree with Crucifix.

The only acceptable excuses for a veno to be out of money are:

-I just bought a herc
    -I just bought a phoenix
    -I just bought a whole new tier worth of gear
    -I just leveled every single skill I have
    -I don't know how to properly play my class to it's fullest potential.
  • TheWall - Harshlands
    TheWall - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Daerys's dictionary post is so epic win.

No wait, its not epic win. It's like if Jesus and Buddha and Muhammad and Voltron and Optimus Prime and Batman and Chuck Norris and Mr. Rogers and Xenu all got together and said "Let's troll this *****." It's that awesome.

Daerys, you made me lol, and for that, I salute you.
    edited May 2009
    fal⋅low

second time is not a charm lol
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi, I am Hasukurobi and I approve of the Op's message. Thank you.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009

-I just bought a herc
    -I just bought a phoenix

I just bought a herc. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    I just bought a herc. b:cry

Lol you're excused then b:chuckle
  • Dinnetia - Heavens Tear
    Dinnetia - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    OMGLAZERZ does, he (or perhaps she?) dismisses claims because they think they know what an ad hominem is.

Instead of substantiating that classes were hard to play, you decided to undermine my position not by refuting my position, but by attacking the level of the character I choose to post on. When you learn to refrain from making such attacks we might get somewhere, until then, do be quiet. b:bye
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    @Daerys dictionary post on Tiggy,

Got nothing better to do eh? lolz
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009

-I just bought a herc
    -I just bought a phoenix

Wait there is another. I Don't give a damn about coin.

Myst Tiggy misses you. Come back soon.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm getting soo sick of other classes telling me I dont kill my pet does. or I don't get high rapair bills. or I don't need pots cause my pet takes all the damage. I'm sorry to tell you other classes but not all us Venos hid behind our pets. Wile my pet is killing one thing I'm killing another. So shut up about what I dont get or take cause of me having a pet. Cause I do get high repair bills. I do take lots of damage. Most of the time I got two mobs on me when my pet has one. SO STFU!!!!!!!!!b:angryb:angry

Seems you're doing something terrible wrong if your a veno and have big repairs/pot bills. Why would u wanna tank the mobs yourself when u have a pet for it b:shocked

To me its a huge waste when a veno dont know how to use their pets full potential. And how the hell do you have 2 mobs on you? Is it that you don't pay attention to mobs in the area, or is it that u wanna kill several mobs at the same time? You can just use herc to aoe you know. Or maybe you cant afford a herc b/c you're tanking 2 mobs all the time and have to spam pots lol.

I don't have any repair costs at all and don't spend many mp pots, just occasionally have to get new hp-charm from farming hh80/90 b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.