The fall of Rad why make it more fail

Torm - Heavens Tear
Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Etherblade (West)
OK i just have to know, WTF. SO radiance finally crumbled well who didnt know it was coming. I for one hoped they would last a little while longer, but I guess thats what happens when you leader doesnt even log in to bid or tell the guild she will be gone for a while. Well thats that, but now we have lots of high leveled and skilled players on free angency. Hrm Evo, legion, triad, Elysium could use those levels, and they already have territory. Or want to start from the bottom and move you way up Ultra and the core look like they can make something of themselves in the future.

But no what does ex rad members do? Go and create like 3 new guilds, I mean come on. Your all high levels you could make a guild really strong or all make one new guild and talk with ultra, The core etc about coming to join you. Guess you all didnt think that far ahead and all wanted to be the new Charity. For god's sake I though better of some of you. Get a clue, TW is what most of you want work on some mergers or somthing. Enrage was built in a couple weeks, You guys can do the same but not the way you are doing it now.
Post edited by Torm - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Maybe some of them had their own reasons unknown to you to not join those already existing guilds?

We could say the same about those ex-RoC members who created Enrage instead of joining one of the already emerging guild at the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm I see why Rad members want to make a new guild.

They want a fresh start... a new fresh air where they are in control. But it is not comparable to Enrage's creation because a huge portion of RoC moved over to Enrage. Enrage at its first day could have taken down Evolution or Legion.

I guess they also don't want to join a guild that has been crushed by Enrage. Afterall its a bit demoralizing... but yes it'll be naive of them if they want to start playing competitively again soon with those little guilds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Maybe some of them had their own reasons unknown to you to not join those already existing guilds?

We could say the same about those ex-RoC members who created Enrage instead of joining one of the already emerging guild at the time.

The original plan of those RoC members were to go to Triads. A few us thought staying together on our own would be better because of our playstyle and the way we "fit in" and the rest soon agreed. I think the major difference is that we still stay united. It would have been an all go to Triads or an all to a new guild.

We didnt try to make 3+ new different guilds and split all up. Thats how Enrage was so "strong" coming out of the gate. I believe that it what Torm is referencing too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    @Hisui & Cat

Oh, I see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    thank you Hisui and Cat you understood exactly. Yeah If Rad had said **** this June wont log in then Lets make a new guild under a new leader, and the majority of the guild went, woot more power to them and they could have been a competitive guild right from the start. But seeing how almost of of current Radiance join after they were on the map and strong, it shows most of the guild is either after competition or only wants to be in a powerful guild. So why start all these mini guilds. Dont get me wrong if they just want to play the game w/o TW or PvP then the mini guild is where it is at. But why were they in Rad if thats what they wanted?
  • ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    which new 3 guilds were made from Rad members? i have only seen Arena atm, please enlighten me i'm curious.
  • Rifkind - Heavens Tear
    Rifkind - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    which new 3 guilds were made from Rad members? i have only seen Arena atm, please enlighten me i'm curious.

I know of Arena and Caesar. I don't know the third.
  • Snuggles - Heavens Tear
    Snuggles - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You forgot the biggest and best guild, the guild SnugglesRocks! We will conquer the map!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Caesar and some other guild that has a name synonymous to 'everlasting'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Ascension - Heavens Tear
    Ascension - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I know of Arena and Caesar. I don't know the third.

Everytime I think of Caesar, I want my salad. b:laugh
  • Rifkind - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    You forgot the biggest and best guild, the guild SnugglesRocks! We will conquer the map!

Awww, no, I never forget Snuggles Rocks!!!
  • Neomccoy - Heavens Tear
    Neomccoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Theres a difference on how RoC and Radiance ended.
    RoC's leader Hong told his guild that he will no longer play and wont give leadership to anyone so the rest of RoC members decided to make Enrage.

Radiance is different, Charity is MIA, they were planning on a hiking trip with Cherish not too far away from where they live, and now we heard some news about a landslide near the city where they residing. God forbid they are fine. Now, you cant blame Rad members on what they want to do, some wanted to wait more (knowing June she wont just dissappear like that), some cant wait and left thats why Caesar and Arena guilds are made, so to save everyone from scattering all over the place another guild is being formed to transfer all active members and to just get moving from there.

Now why this people wont join evo, legion, triad etc...? I dont know exactly but its their decission of staying together because of friendship and loyalty to each other.

Im stayng in Rad tho to get some fun TW this weekend b:laugh
    -retired-b:bye
    9x WB, Tao

Jermaine 83 Sin - retired...
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You guys lost an opportunity to bid cuz Charity is on a hiking trip? Lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So we all know that Hong won't give away leadership. But I assume Charity didn't just wake up one day and decided to go on a camping trip. So, she could easily just transfer leadership for the few days that shes on the trip.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Everyone plans on being trapped in a landslide for days during their hiking trips! I know if that happened to me, my first thought would be "oh god, did I remember to transfer guild leadership so that we can bid this week?"

More seriously, I hope she's ok.
  • Rifkind - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    TRadiance is different, Charity is MIA, they were planning on a hiking trip with Cherish not too far away from where they live, and now we heard some news about a landslide near the city where they residing.

Hmmm gotta be the world's tiniest and most secret landslide; they live across the Bay from me, and the news hasn't reached San Francisco yet about this landslide. Usually they play that sort of thing up, especially in the local newspapers...death and destruction is always so popular a topic.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It was an avalanche, not sure whether or not it was on the news but we got the news from a member who works at and has connections to many hiking areas.
  • Neomccoy - Heavens Tear
    Neomccoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well it will be great to hear that if its not true. Im ready to burn charms this weekend tho b:victory
    -retired-b:bye
    9x WB, Tao

Jermaine 83 Sin - retired...
  • Rifkind - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    It was an avalanche, not sure whether or not it was on the news but we got the news from a member who works at and has connections to many hiking areas.

Hate to tell you, but there really aren't a great many avalanches at sea level in an area where it never snows. Unless "not too far away" means more than four hours drive - but as it happens, the Sierra Avalanche Center website and the avalanche database doesn't mention any avalanches in the last week either. Be reassured: http://www.avalanche.org/accidents.php

Believe me, two female hikers from the bay area missing would be big news around here.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Whot iz dis?! I has been lied to! D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So we all know that Hong won't give away leadership. But I assume Charity didn't just wake up one day and decided to go on a camping trip. So, she could easily just transfer leadership for the few days that shes on the trip.
    Everyone plans on being trapped in a landslide for days during their hiking trips! I know if that happened to me, my first thought would be "oh god, did I remember to transfer guild leadership so that we can bid this week?"

More seriously, I hope she's ok.

If this is a planned trip to elsewhere, she should give temp leadership to someone else BEFORE (not during) her trip. If this is a nearby day trip, then i really need to be worried for them and myself. Considering she lives right down the highway from me. And the only hiking areas that i know of, is the ones where i bike to. If this really happened, i do hope they are ok. If not........................................

PS. You won't happen to be that guy who was banned last week for racist comment... would you?
  • Gryff_Mizrym - Heavens Tear
    Gryff_Mizrym - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I heard it was a giant meteor, which spawned some sort of interstellar dinosaur that is now rampaging through the San Fransisco area. Can you confirm that for me Rif? I hope nothing did happen, but from a landslide to an avalanche, what is the next theory? I'll tell you what, it is definitely not better than an interstellar dinosaur!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAWR.b:laugh
    Founder of the Interstellar Dinosaur Theorem.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    PS. You won't happen to be that guy who was banned last week for racist comment... would you?
    Honestly, I'm insulted.

And as far as trip accidents go, a hospital stay would explain the sudden, unplanned disappearance from the net.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I heard it was a giant meteor, which spawned some sort of interstellar dinosaur that is now rampaging through the San Fransisco area. Can you confirm that for me Rif? I hope nothing did happen, but from a landslide to an avalanche, what is the next theory? I'll tell you what, it is definitely not better than an interstellar dinosaur!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAWR.b:laugh
    Landslide = mass of land falling
    Avalanche = mass of snow shifting

So "from landslide to an avalanche" isn't at all a big jump. From avalanche to interstellar dinosaurs however...

You're an idiot for thinking we're making up scenarios on what kind of life-endangering situation our guild leaders are in.
  • Clunker - Heavens Tear
    Clunker - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2009

didn't read through everything but we made Enrage because RoC had over 100+ members that were still playing at the time. And instead of everyone trying to merge with someone and needing to kick others out, we decided to make a new guild. Enrage was at 120+ish on the first day.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    LoL yea it was Clunker, I was there. I do have to agree that making a new guild with that many actives instead of merging was the smarter decision.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • thanduril
    thanduril Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    OK i just have to know, WTF. SO radiance finally crumbled well who didnt know it was coming. I for one hoped they would last a little while longer, but I guess thats what happens when you leader doesnt even log in to bid or tell the guild she will be gone for a while. Well thats that, but now we have lots of high leveled and skilled players on free angency. Hrm Evo, legion, triad, Elysium could use those levels, and they already have territory. Or want to start from the bottom and move you way up Ultra and the core look like they can make something of themselves in the future.

But no what does ex rad members do? Go and create like 3 new guilds, I mean come on. Your all high levels you could make a guild really strong or all make one new guild and talk with ultra, The core etc about coming to join you. Guess you all didnt think that far ahead and all wanted to be the new Charity. For god's sake I though better of some of you. Get a clue, TW is what most of you want work on some mergers or somthing. Enrage was built in a couple weeks, You guys can do the same but not the way you are doing it now.

if clunker goes on a fishing trip, cant get his boat to float and ends up not logging in for a week and misses the war bid, would the entire enrage guild make a new guild with 199 old members+1newbie?

most people who play this game, dont think about how powerful they would be as an entire guild, but only about how powerful they themselves will be.
    your guild = your 10mil/per week. its easy to see how people would put their personal greed before the collective need.
    the remaining 199 people from rad arent blood related and even if they were, there is no guarantee that they would stick together like glue to each other. wouldnt blame them if they see this as an opportunity to leave radiance, cause of the TW losses, internal conflict and/or no TW pay for these few weeks.

@Gryff_Mizrym: 5th graders would pawn your shorts off if this is best comment you could come up with if your trying to poke fun at them. wait a minute....dinosaurs and meteors....you arent in 2nd grade, are you?
    edited April 2009
    I'm simply saying that there was no reported avalanche or landslide in the area. While the mass media isn't very effective, I'm sure they would have been all over that. It was a joke, lighten up. b:laugh
    edited April 2009
    Landslide = mass of land falling
    Avalanche = mass of snow shifting

So "from landslide to an avalanche" isn't at all a big jump. From avalanche to interstellar dinosaurs however...

You're an idiot for thinking we're making up scenarios on what kind of life-endangering situation our guild leaders are in.

It looked like the reasons were taking the route of the old "the fish was this big". You won't find much snow in San Fransisco, and an avalanche, nor a landslide has been reported. I'll concede the mass media is not very effective, but I'm sure they would have been all over that. I most certainly don't hope anything unfortunate has befallen anyone, it was a joke, maybe you should not get so uptight and offended by it?b:laugh
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I would rather have a bunch of snow coming down on me than rocks. Just imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.