Should a "Wizard Class Improvement Patch" were announced to be released...

1235»

Comments

• Bob_T_Junkie - Sanctuary
    Bob_T_Junkie - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    LMAO. We got sutra, we got all these precious attack spells with nice special effects like glacial's "paralyzis", we got pwning FoW, undine strike to destroy things even faster - and you want more?

Hang on - that's not what was asked for.

What we want is a reason for people to want to have wizards in a group, and the benefit of a wizard to have a high-level wizard in a low level group.

Sultra is fantastic, and glacial's slow is ok, but neither of them benefit anyone else in the squad apart from the wizard who cast them. The only benefit you could argue of Sultra in that situation is that you can do a Sultra heal, but due to the massive 60 sec cooldown, even if you can get two sparks up that quickly, you're useless until the cooldown wears off.

The problem with wizards is that we're excellent if we can kill something before it gets to us. After that, we're just too squishy and we die too quickly. It's fine in a PvE 1:1 monster situation, but as soon as we go up against something we can't kill before it gets to us, we're as good as dead - and in a highlevel wiz in a low level group situation, that means we're stuffed on the bosses.
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I second what Bob_T_Junkie says.

My wizard is a pure mag build made for PvE too. Actually I have a philosophical take on this and I personally think, that pure mag is the only build that deserves to be called a wizard, and I could enumerate lots of ways wizards in this game are broken, so they don’t fit in with my skewed view. But that’s not important.

What is important, is that, after some time spent playing a wizard, people get this uneasy feeling, that developers must hate them. And it’s a problem with an overall game design, not just wizards skills. The number one problem is that we are basically useless. And number two problem is that many quests are designed in the way, that the only option for a wizard is to become a parasite. We need help a lot, and we have nothing to offer in exchange. And some quests are simply insults.

How did You feel about the quest where one has to kill Kun Kun.?

This quest is an insult for wizards and nothing more.

But the most painful thing is how almost perfect situations are totally screwed by one tiny detail. I’m level 78 (finally) and I have my sandstorm maxed (finally) and my earth mastery maxed (finally) and my stone rain maxed (for some time already) and I got some gear which gives me some nice bonuses to mag and my wand is +3 and all. Boy I should be happy. And there is that mob Dragonmaid which seems perfect. It’s still white (only 2 levels below me) and it’s water type, and it has reduced HP (below 19k at level 76). I can two shot it without buffs with sandstorm + stone rain combo or I can even two shot a few at a time with mountain seize + will of phoenix combo. Isn’t it perfect? This should be so great. I could team up with people and help them do quest quickly, or we could grind together fast right? Well almost. The detail is that there are just 3 spots where they spawn and there are only 5 of them in each. There is not enough mobs in a spot for me alone. So no I’m not useful. I’m a bad KSer who takes the whole spot for himself and doesn’t let people do their quests.

My second suggestion for a patch? Quadruple the number of Dragonmaids.
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    give us plume shell
    omg im posting stuff.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    give us plume shell

or make elemental shell include wood and phys and last longer?
  • Matmos - Lost City
    Matmos - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    convectus wrote: »
    which issues would you like to see addressed, and how would you solve them?

Faster Channeling !!!
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You know a veno claimed wizards have fast channeling, urgh.

I'd like wizs polarized, 10 second channelling-20-30K damage

I also dislike how small the damage gap between LA and pure is said to be-Give me MOAR POWER!

Also, reasonably priced Legendary equiptment(Arcane):-
    Hades(LA) 300K
    Hades(Arcane) 2.5-3mil
    More based in the ingame economy I know, damn Sanctuary prices.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I also dislike how small the damage gap between LA and pure is said to be-Give me MOAR POWER!
    Get to 100 lvl already. MOAR POWER hides there. With endgame equipment pure build is the only acceptable one.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Give us some decent skills enabling us to AoE grind outside of zhen. Or at least reduce the cooldown of Hailstorm and make it's damage comparable to cleric's Razor Feathers and increase the range of Will of the Phoenix.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think that an AoE that didn't have such a huge cooldown would make the lower lvls so much easier. I'm still mid 30's and all I do is grind until 39 and even then I know I will be getting killed in Pked for a while.

We need to add something to a group. Casting our barriers on other people would be great or even Morning Dew maybe hasting the person being healed to make up for the long cast time.

How about some wood and metal attacks and giving the clerics some water, fire, and earth. We would be better in the three them in the two, but we would at least have something.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    magic reflect =__=

as if we were not weak enough...
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wizards aren't meant to be party players, they inflict massive damage. I really enjoy how wizards are played, Earth barrier and Distance shrink along with Force of Will really define the class. Wizards are a PvP class, becuase they're sub standard in everything that is PvE. PvP is where they shine, and I'd really like to see some kind of reliable seal/stun because it's SO easy to run from a mage. Granted glacial snare is amazing on the ground, but you can't slow in the air or the water, which makes it difficult to really wail on anything.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    RedSpeller - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Or a least increase hailstorm chance to freeze to 66%, and pitfall chance to freeze to 50%.
    I see some people come and tell "Yes but demon hailstorm/pitfall increase it", and I will answer:
    BM: Multiple Stuns
    Archer: Stunning Arrow 90%,
    Cleric: Chromatic Seal Instant Sleep
    Venomancer: Lucky Scarab 95% stun
    Barb: Mighty Swing 50% stun
    All of this without using sage/demon improvement.. And I swear, when you freeze this melee dude and nuke him, you feel powerful :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Or make Pitfall cost 1 spark and increase the paralyze to 8 seconds and 90-95%.

lolaimlow
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • teneky
    teneky Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    our main problem is our uselessnes in squad, well in big squads.

morning dew
    to 3(2+1)sec not 5.7(4,2+1.5)sec so we can be usefull in squads
    pitfall stun increase, 20% more should be enough
    and water sword(or whatever the name waas) make it elemental sword(earth+fire+water).. not just water the name will be more liked in squads

i really hate the magic resistance mobs, but with pitfal stunn increase we should be OK.

the rest is ok,
    power to the WIZ