Should a "Wizard Class Improvement Patch" were announced to be released...

Comments

• Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Make Crown of Flames, Pitfall, Hailstorm, and the aoe that takes 1/2 life useful and viable. Based on wep dmg, MUCH wider AOE or decreased cool down as well as some way to make sense out of going into a group of mobs, sacrificing half your hp, and drawing aggro from everything around you.

Essential Sutra currently is overriden by red ball, its effect should instead replace red balls.
    Frost Blade should increase MAG dmg instead of Phys, or BOTH.
    Morning Dew should have a MUCH decreased channel\cast time. Appox 2 secs sounds right.
    Increased INT should increase mag res MUCH MUCH more than it does.

Also wiz's should come into thier power much lower level than 89!!!!

I don't see that topic at first,
    I'm 1000% agree with all, Please give my wizard more power(as any other class in this game, Deadly Spell, Stun, KnockBack, Elemental Pet
    Please improve wizard, pleaseb:sad
    by the way, I love MAGIC!
    ty all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hey ectacomb or whatever its called said sage spark for mage is 700% increaced in physical attack is it actually phys dmg or is it magical dmg
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Barbs and BMs won't be happy about that. You can keep knocking them back and they won't even bother raising their weapons against us. We should definately add that.b:pleased

yep yep and yep =P b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hey ectacomb or whatever its called said sage spark for mage is 700% increaced in physical attack is it actually phys dmg or is it magical dmg

it actually says all sparks are physical. i'm pretty sure it should say magic :)b:victory
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    it actually says all sparks are physical. i'm pretty sure it should say magic :)b:victory

sure hopeso

if it was phys id like a 3000% increace in phys attack
    but id miss every hit lol and it would only do like 400 dmg >_>
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    These forums makes me miss my wizzie b:sad
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Add to the list that Sutra be able to be used in a macro without stopping the macro.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Add to the list that Sutra be able to be used in a macro without stopping the macro.

I only found that out two days ago.
    Grr it makes it mad b:angry
  • Dalamaar - Heavens Tear
    Dalamaar - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Got about half way through the thread before it became an essential sutra debate so sorry if someone already said it.. we need a chi builder.. other classes have skills to build chi in a dungeon while mage is stuck with frostblade... luckily there is always a veno around that can chi build and pass the spark but I got sick of asking all the time and stopped asking..
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    A damage absorb type spell is top of my list.

A buff thats a little more useful to a party than frostblade. Even a buff thats useful to yourself similar to frostblade but increases one type of elemental damage, but only one active at a time similar to the magic shields.
    I like pie
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    A stun. Any reliable stun.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Buff/debuff... Frostblade is almost useless, and undine is too hard to get. I love buffs and debuffs:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satuki - Harshlands
    Satuki - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Love to see less mp cost for each spell.
    HIGHER ATTACK!!
    Some sorta stun and absorb damage skill.
    Useful buffs and make undine strike an aoe de-buff
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    You guys might as well ask for a phoenix too.
    99% of these requests are pretty dumb. Mages have the highest magic attacks in the game, they have a 60% fire, water, earth res debuff. Buffs are for clerics. MP cost isn't that bad, beats a clerics mana cost by a landslide. Undine AoE? Hello overpowered TW skill. (It's already amazing as it is)

Just need a stun.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    99% of these requests are pretty dumb. Mages have the highest magic attacks in the game, they have a 60% fire, water, earth res debuff. Buffs are for clerics. MP cost isn't that bad, beats a clerics mana cost by a landslide. Undine AoE? Hello overpowered TW skill. (It's already amazing as it is)

Just need a stun.

Amour, you can't deny the fact that a lot of our skills are merely animation/elementaldifferent copies of cleric's spells.
    Cleric's skill damage shouldn't be that high... either that or ours should go up slightly.
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    I'm pretty damn pleased with my mage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duvall
    duvall Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I scrapped my mage and rerolled a blademaster. Now I'm happy.

Sometimes giving up is a solution.b:pleased
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    a Lvl 79 skill stun would be realy nice . I dnt think mage nead any other thing.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Just need a stun.

A few of these might be overpowering, but its not really too much to ask for our spells to work the way THEY SHOULD.

The gimped spells like Hail,pitfall,crown of flames, our version of perdition, etc...

Having one cool spell Undine Strike..doesn't really make the class balanced with everyone else.

Everyone (few exceptions) feels that Wizzies are the gimp class, including the Wizzies. Few hp, slow movement, broken spells. Something needs to be done and everyone in thread is just trying to figure out what.

At lev 9x its believed this changes...but a miserable 90+ lev grind to see a class work...
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i don't care if no new skills are to be added for wiz, JUST MAKE A PATCH THAT TAKES AWAY INTERRUPTION!!!!!
    i think this is one of the biggest weakest of a wiz.
    if not, add a skill that decrease the chance of interruption plz ^^
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    pyrogram (not divine) is pretty much useless even for low levels. mine is lvl1 even now. at lvl 11 (sage/demon) it's nothing but a joke! gush is MUCH better.

hailstorm channel is too long for its benefits. 1.2second would help...

crown of flame is a total failure. as its dmg is over 15 seconds, it should do much more damage than other regular spells. actually it's even worse than hailstorm and pitfall because it brings no extra benefit.

pitfall damage over time is also erratic. it should at least have a better slowing effect and higher chance of freezing. 15% chance of freezing is very low.

frostblade is totally narfed. it should at least work for all classes. i have it lvl 10 and i must say only archers like it.

emberstorm takes a huge chunk of hp and everyone knows wizards have the lowest hp of PW. totally unappealing to use unless it had really serious dmg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    pyrogram (not divine) is pretty much useless even for low levels. mine is lvl1 even now. at lvl 11 (sage/demon) it's nothing but a joke! gush is MUCH better.

hailstorm channel is too long for its benefits. 1.2second would help...

crown of flame is a total failure. as its dmg is over 15 seconds, it should do much more damage than other regular spells. actually it's even worse than hailstorm and pitfall because it brings no extra benefit.

pitfall damage over time is also erratic. it should at least have a better slowing effect and higher chance of freezing. 15% chance of freezing is very low.

frostblade is totally narfed. it should at least work for all classes. i have it lvl 10 and i must say only archers like it.

emberstorm takes a huge chunk of hp and everyone knows wizards have the lowest hp of PW. totally unappealing to use unless it had really serious dmg.

So can someone please explain to me WHY in heavens name they implented those spells in the game? Are the programmers just stupid or is there actually a very good way to use this spells, that we just haven't figured out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pyrogram is for Earth mobs etc, and it's better than most other spells once you hit sage/demon. Hail has a small chance to paralyze, isn't bad, but yeah, it's not too useful. Pitfall is just a fast weak skill, would be great if they upped the fail % chance of paralyze happening.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I dont know why everyone thinks wizs need to change.....we are the best at breakinvg groups up in mass pvp. I dont know how many times I will have 4 or 5 people following me out of battle when its like 40v40. Think about it....we die so easy and use it to your advantage....well your team mates advantage. Lead the strays away who only want an easy kill, blink blink blink. Even if they happen to catch you by the time they realize what happened and they killed you, more than likely your team has owned their teammates and YOU WIN. Im not saying you cant fight im just saying we can use our "easy dying skills," LOL, to our advantage. Make your advesaries pay for going for the "easy kill". I know a few times people stop chasing me because they are getting yelled at in vent to stop chasing me. Thats when you go back in and drop some spells and hopefully get a quick kill on unsuspecting victims. Anyways.......
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I agree with Amour and Biggyluv. I'm pretty well pleased with my class. I'm not sure what you're all complaining about, but just because you chose a wizard, dont expect to be blowing things up right away. Im my opinion wizard takes some decent skill to play, and ive learned sooo much leveling to where I am now.

Of course they're moves that dont make sense and need a change, (what were they, ... hailstorm crown of flame?). They all have some sort of purpose. I've found using Pitall/Crown of Flame is a great first initial move to not take aggro when fighting a boss or simple mobs like in HH or an FB. I dont use these skills but i guess that's their purpose lol. Hailstorm is a cool little aoe attack, and it freezes mobs more than you realize. It's also good in air pvp when you're trying to catch someone/freezing them in place for a few seconds. It sucks, but hey at least it does something. =)

Pyrogram sucks? What the **** are you talking about.

In mass pvp we are amazing, probably doing the most damage to the popular classes. Blademasters, Barbs, archers, LA/Heavy venos are the usual jobs people pvp with. Clerics can be handled with a nice timed tempest b:bye

We can be pretty squishy, but Distance Shrink is like my favorite move ever!! Wizards are pretty good at running away and avoiding attacks. Just takes time to learn how to do it.

But ya, we need a reliable stun lol. Seems that Sutra + Mountain Seize is the best thing we can do stun wise

Edit: one last thing, wizards shine at 90, shut up and level
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't think anyone here is arguing that we don't do enough damage. I think the problem is the damage to cast time ratio. We have the worst of every class. Archers do slightly less damage except at a much higher rate and with more survivability. If you want to have 2 dd classes in a game, do it right. Wiz should be glass cannon, archer lightly armored dd that gives up some damage. Currently wiz doesn't do enough damage fast enough because of cast times. At least that's what I think the main problem is.

Don't get me wrong, I love my wiz and I'd never play another class. Fact remains that we are gimped compared to other classes. Yes we do good in mass pvp, but so do other classes.

My 2cp.
  • VenZehn - Sanctuary
    VenZehn - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Only new skill id want would be somethin to sacrifice mana for spark, id be willin to lose all my en for a full set of sparks.
    A change to frostblade n the insanely long cast time on morning dew would be nice.
    Something i'd really want but might be unfair would be to decrease the spark req on our big aoe's, i wanna use em more often:D

Aside from that, i love my wiz, ive tried other classes, but still prefer my wiz.

N im not sure, but do wiz spells have the greatest range? or are any other classes able to hit from 28.5m?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    or are any other classes able to hit from 28.5m?
    Archers have more range.

+ stun/tanking skills + more damage + more avoid + faster + cheaper to level, woo.
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Archers have more range.

+ stun/tanking skills + more damage + more avoid + faster + cheaper to level, woo.

How is an archer cheaper than a wizard? That's one of the few things we got going for us.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    How is an archer cheaper than a wizard? That's one of the few things we got going for us.
    Frost Arrow -> melee shots kills off pretty much anything before it reaches you. If not, throw in knockback/stunning arrow. Barely any mp used, no hp used.

Only time a Wizard is cheaper is when zhenning... which I wouldn't do either way. Zhen exp is usually ****ty.