Should a "Wizard Class Improvement Patch" were announced to be released...

Comments

• Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    as i'm week in english, i don't want to say so many things
    but i 100% agreed with all the post here.
    our wizard class really need to be improve
    PLEASE!!
    PLEASE!!
    b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Frost Arrow -> melee shots kills off pretty much anything before it reaches you. If not, throw in knockback/stunning arrow. Barely any mp used, no hp used.

Only time a Wizard is cheaper is when zhenning... which I wouldn't do either way. Zhen exp is usually ****ty.

Aren't arrows expensive though? Lol, I honestly don't know, I've never even looked.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'll pitch in my two cents cuz I want to see my new siggy b:laugh.

Well it took me about a week to get used to the damn cast times, but I can deal with that (they almost kinda make sense, my last game had instant cast and the whole thing was an unbalanced mess).

So far I even think the skills are fine and altogether leave the class pretty balanced in PvP & PvE, so I don't think we need to many changes there.

MP/SP capacity is pretty fair too, however the way our skills drain MP is ridiculous. At the moment I can only kill between 3~5 mobs before I have to use a pot & sit down. This makes for extremely slow leveling; level 40-41 had me sit almost two hours resting in between killing stuff, and that's with me running through 50k worth of potions.

So yeah, in my humble opinion, the skills drain too much MP (I hear clerics have the same problem)
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    shooot b:angry

where's my siggy?
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I agree with Amour and Biggyluv. I'm pretty well pleased with my class. I'm not sure what you're all complaining about, but just because you chose a wizard, dont expect to be blowing things up right away. Im my opinion wizard takes some decent skill to play, and ive learned sooo much leveling to where I am now.

Of course they're moves that dont make sense and need a change, (what were they, ... hailstorm crown of flame?). They all have some sort of purpose. I've found using Pitall/Crown of Flame is a great first initial move to not take aggro when fighting a boss or simple mobs like in HH or an FB. I dont use these skills but i guess that's their purpose lol. Hailstorm is a cool little aoe attack, and it freezes mobs more than you realize. It's also good in air pvp when you're trying to catch someone/freezing them in place for a few seconds. It sucks, but hey at least it does something. =)

Pyrogram sucks? What the **** are you talking about.

In mass pvp we are amazing, probably doing the most damage to the popular classes. Blademasters, Barbs, archers, LA/Heavy venos are the usual jobs people pvp with. Clerics can be handled with a nice timed tempest b:bye

We can be pretty squishy, but Distance Shrink is like my favorite move ever!! Wizards are pretty good at running away and avoiding attacks. Just takes time to learn how to do it.

But ya, we need a reliable stun lol. Seems that Sutra + Mountain Seize is the best thing we can do stun wise

Edit: one last thing, wizards shine at 90, shut up and level

Yeahhh im 90 now :P
  • PlazmaStryke - Heavens Tear
    PlazmaStryke - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think the greatest weakness of the wiz, is that it lacks a physical attack that doesnt require chi. since cleric have both phy and mag dmg skills with self buffs, thats why Clerics>Mages. archers also have both mag/phy attacks. and venos have magic dmg with pets with phy dmg. I do believe mages should have some skill improvments. Here r some skills that should already be fixed.

Elemental Shell. why does it give 1000% to every resist except wood? and I believe this skill should last longer cause I seriously have never used this skill. wasted 20 pages.

Emberstorm. this is like Perdition for a barb but ours only use hp, while Perdition uses both mana and hp. now why would a mages be only hp except of mana? whoever made this skill was on crack. it should be mana only or both mana and hp for more dmg.

Soporific Whisper. the mage version of clerics Chromatic Seal, but 10 times worse. for one it costs 20 pages for 4 secs of sleep. while clerics require no pages and theirs last up to 33.6 secs. Chromatic Seal has 40 secs of cool down. and mages have 2min cooldown. what is up with that.

Frostblade. This skill does not seem to make a difference. probably glitched, but doesnt help the mage anyways.

Morning dew. why is the channel time so long. its the second longest channel skill which should be reduced.

hailstorm. why is the aoe so small. its the only range aoe that doesnt use chi. and dmg isnt good and aoe is small. aoe needs to be larger!

pyroshell,glacial,stone barrier. i seriouly think u should be able to cast all 3 spells. a mage should at least have good mag def. max stats 100% water,fire,earth resist, 10 hp and mp regen, and 100% defence. which isnt much compared to how gimp the mage already is. even if we could cast all the barriers. the only real help it would do is if we fought other mages and in pve. which i think is still useless.

Manifest Virtue. the only good spell for a mage. although it only lasts for 30 secs and has a 5 min cooldown. we are suppose to be DD classes and u give a skill that lasts 30 secs and 5 min cool down. cooldown needs to be reduced
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    arrows arnt that expensive...
    besides... if u got a good friend like me
    u can leach arrows...

and u can just use the lv 1 arrows
    or buy the arrows for like 2-5 coins each
  • Jammmy - Heavens Tear
    Jammmy - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    to improve wizards just give them a better physical deff buff and were set if u kno how to play ur class
    Jammmy will eat chu babysb:victory
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    +100% physical defense isn't enough?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    is enough.
    are you playing wizz or jus fking around?
    The issue that most people have with wizz is that we cannot stack buffs (HP/fire, MP/water and def/earth). If we could have done that, now that would have made a wizz a fearsome char.
    But hey....I still love my wizz. I have fun playing and robe with a very good weapon is really, really fun to PvE/fb.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Do damage over time spells stack like a poison? I’ve never had the opportunity to check it and, in my case, they are still very low level, so it would be hard.

They should, and they should stack even from many players. That in my opinion would make them very useful in case of fighting bosses with lots of HP. It should be enough that one of wizards just refreshes the skill within15 sec from the last cast and the damage rises and continues to take place. That would be awesome.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    no if those spells ticked at the same rate for WAAAAAAAAAAY longer, same damage and cooldown time was abit shorter then it would be pretty good on bosses
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    that is if dot dosent generate aggro
    i dont think it does...
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    if the shields arnt stackable i would say they should make a theird shield for wood and metal ;)
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Edit button is there for a reason :)
    I still stand by mages needing a stun.
    Too easy to run from one :<
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xeron66
    xeron66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    make emberstorm also take mp and transform it into dmg just like perdition b:dirty
    Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot...
  • Bob_T_Junkie - Sanctuary
    Bob_T_Junkie - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My first post here, I thought I'd chuck in my thoughts about this.

First off - I'm a pure PvE Wizard. Never tried PVP and I probably won't for another 30 levels, it's not what the game is about for me, so I have no experience with that. This is coming from a pure PvE perspective.

I'm the leader in a small friends-only faction. We just play the game for fun, we're not interested in the politics of the bigger factions.

Now I have been playing the game the longest, so I'm a good 10 levels higher than the other members of the faction. However, rather than this being a bonus for me, it's the oposite, it's a nightmare.

Consider this, you have picked a class, and your level is much higher than the people you normally play with. In a FB:

Cleric: - Great, much better healing on the tank, keeps the squad alive, buffs are better
    Barb: - Great, much better tanking, you can take more damage, stay alive longer, keeps the squad alive
    Veno: - Great, you can take over as the primary tank, to keep the squad alive, or become a better off-tank with your pet
    Blademaster: - Great, you can become the primary tank, or be a better off-tank, staying alive longer to pull more agro off the others
    Archer: - This one is a bit like the wizard, not great as you pull agro, but at least you stay alive longer than the wiz.

Being a high-level wiz in a group with smaller players is useless. Everything you do pulls agro from other players (even a simple gush pulls if they're not down at half health) so you have to be very careful on who and when you attack. You have practically no buffs for the party so you're useless that way, and you're too low on HP/PhysResist to tank or start pulling agro. We have no decent crowd control spells, and the only single decent spell that could help the party (Morning Dew) takes so long to cast, the only use of it is when it's Sultra'd.

The only time I'm any use to anyone is when I'm tanking a magical boss, and that's rarely.

In a standard 1v1 monster PvE enviroment, I'm fairly happy with my wiz. He kills things before they hit me (which is needed as I take rediculous damage), and I can level fairly quickly.

What I want is some better way for a wizard to be useful in a squad when you've not got the ideal squad (with multiple clerics, Barb, etc to keep agro and stay alive).

My suggestions are:

1. Sort out Morning Dew. The channel/cast times are far, far too long. Take the channel down to 2.5 secs and the cast to 0.5 secs. That way you're viable as a secondary healer, and our ultimate (sultra) does what it's mean to do, be a one off special on it still

2. Buffs. Clerics should give defensive buffs - we're a wizard, we should give offensive buffs. Make people want to squad with us because we seriously increase their damage output. And don't say that Frostblade is used for that, the spell is useless.

3. Give us some kind of damage absorbing spell that rips into our mana. For those times when you're more interested in staying alive than killing vast amounts of monsters.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Do damage over time spells stack like a poison? I’ve never had the opportunity to check it and, in my case, they are still very low level, so it would be hard.

They should, and they should stack even from many players. That in my opinion would make them very useful in case of fighting bosses with lots of HP. It should be enough that one of wizards just refreshes the skill within15 sec from the last cast and the damage rises and continues to take place. That would be awesome.

it stacks, but it doesn't tick higher - it ticks faster.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    yeah whats with the clerics having offensive buffs and the wizards having like none
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yeah whats with the clerics having offensive buffs and the wizards having like none
    LMAO. We got sutra, we got all these precious attack spells with nice special effects like glacial's "paralyzis", we got pwning FoW, undine strike to destroy things even faster - and you want more?
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Leonator - Sanctuary
    Leonator - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You forgot the fact we are REALLY squish and our heal has a 4.5 cast -_-;
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    it stacks, but it doesn't tick higher - it ticks faster.

If it stacks, then it should be very useful regardless if it ticks higher or more frequently.

Lets assume the spell deals 2k damage over 15 sec if cast once, and the cool down time is 8 sec. After 8 min of fight, which isn’t impossible in case of some bosses, due to the effect of stacking, the skill should make about 120k damage each 15 sec. After 16 min it’s 240k. How is it useless.

Didn’t anyone notice it or doesn’t it work like that?
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    no it won't stack. otherwise a wiz would be doing >10k on the hardest bosses after a few minutes of pitfall/crown of flame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    stun Stun STUN STUN STUN!!! b:angryb:angryb:angry
    I hate how easy it is to run from a mage in the air :<
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You forgot the fact we are REALLY squish and our heal has a 4.5 cast -_-;
    Really squish? It depends. Yesterday I was attacked by some higher lvl bm (about 40 i think, not wearing 1 rank equipment). It ended up him running in fear lol. Vit wizard ftw b:victory
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Jammmy - Heavens Tear
    Jammmy - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    +100% physical defense isn't enough?

lol mabey enough for LA but i checked out demon stone barrier and im happy :)
    Jammmy will eat chu babysb:victory
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    RedSpeller - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I agree with Amour, we lack of target control skills.
    I would go for a physical skill too. We cant dont anything good on "increased magic resistance mobs"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Undine>Blade Tempest>Pheonix>gush>pyro>fow>Undine>gush>pyro> Pheonix

Takes about as long as an extended life.
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Really squish? It depends. Yesterday I was attacked by some higher lvl bm (about 40 i think, not wearing 1 rank equipment). It ended up him running in fear lol. Vit wizard ftw b:victory

More level 3 - 5x proclaiming they can cause a higher level to coward in fear.
    Will the ignorance never stop flowing?

Vit wizard... b:chuckle
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    RedSpeller - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Undine>Blade Tempest>Pheonix>gush>pyro>fow>Undine>gush>pyro> Pheonix

Takes about as long as an extended life.
    This work but after 79... And you need millions just to get Undine.
    We should have one way to kill them earlier in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]