Emergency Maintenance Complete - Please Read

Options

Comments

• Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Greetings All,

Over the last few days, I have heard words BUG, EXPLOIT, ****. Now I am hearing people were banned or shall I say accounts suspended. Myself and My husband own an RPG using a game bot (program) as well. We have never banned anyone for OUR mistakes when new patches, features, quests, etc. are added to the game. We stop the game and fix the problem. A bot DOES NOT produce bugs on their own. It is a mess up in the coding that causes a bug. A person or persons put the coding into the program not the program itself. The most commonly used language to program a game bot is C++ and trust me when I say this, what happened yesterday was not the fault of any player nor was it a bug in the program. The situation yesterday was completely and totally an error on the programmers part of PWI. I will in full detail explain this: You buy a Cash Shop piece of clothing, go to the mail box which has a quest and turn in for dyes, then go to the merchant and sell them. This is an eloquently done quest not a bug as everyone is describing. The problem I see is the amount of gold received for selling the dyes, which again is an error by the programmer not a bug. Players should not be held responsible for such a huge error on the people programming the game bot in PWI. A PWI Dev finally responded around 1 PM eastern or 10 AM pacific time and the servers went down. It is extremely unfortunate that PWI has banned anyone for this to make an example for their programmers wrong doing. I can understand a rollback and all goes back to the way it was with the last back-up of games files before patch 77 was released.
    I challenge PWI Dev's to grab a cup of coffee after all the chaos has passed and truly examine the situation and realize that this is their complete and total fault and no player should have to pay for their mistake or made examples of through a ban or suspension of their account. Honestly, after how PWI has handled this situation and I have contributed close to 4000.00 RL dollars on both my account and my husbands to promote PWI since September, 08 I am not sure if I will continue the game. I am hoping in time my views will change, because I feel PWI has a beautifully done MMORPG, but their values and business decisions have much to be improved.

Thanks,

VanyaDarknae
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Domnorix - Heavens Tear
    Domnorix - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LOL SO many people have quit over this its unreal. The economy is falling so fast they need to roll back before its too late.

i was thinking of palying earlier but i saw a lot of ppl wanting rollback i thought if i play im gonna make it harder for me and everyone else wanting rollback. so just wait to see whats gonna happen.
  • zuleica
    zuleica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I like to test peoples patience. To me it just amuses me that some people are so easily disturbed. Temper problems tend to make me chuckle when people go from calm and friend to insane and ignorant within seconds =)

I guess going out of your way to **** off your friends is a life style...of sorts.
  • XForbidden - Heavens Tear
    XForbidden - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    GMs are active right now and deleting all new topics created to show how much they ****ed up and people is still unpunished.

Good job on hiding your mess, as usual.

Yea they really dont care. But they will see not rolling back was bigger mistake than letting it all slide. So many people quit already and more are still quitting as the time goes by. i know of 19 people over lvl 85+ that already quit. and 7 of them are over 90+ More will quit as they dont fix the problem
    edited February 2009
    Options
    zuleica wrote: »
    I guess going out of your way to **** off your friends is a life style...of sorts.

Isnt it fun??? jk lol
    edited February 2009
    Options
    zuleica wrote: »

naa some people dont actually get pissed off...alot of radiance members just laugh at my comments and some aggree..i even have friends i fawk with and they just laugh and agree lol....its all a hit or miss depending on the others patience =p
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The situation yesterday was completely and totally an error on the programmers part of PWI.

Anyway, time to search a private server, i still like PW.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dont get me wrong there are times it comes right back at me lmao...consequences of having that type of fun lmao
    edited February 2009
    Options
    [/color]

Anyway, time to search a private server, i still like PW.

Yea alot of people are going to private servers and Runes of Magic
  • zuleica
    zuleica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Greetings All,

Over the last few days, I have heard words BUG, EXPLOIT, ****. Now I am hearing people were banned or shall I say accounts suspended. Myself and My husband own an RPG using a game bot (program) as well. We have never banned anyone for OUR mistakes when new patches, features, quests, etc. are added to the game. We stop the game and fix the problem. A bot DOES NOT produce bugs on their own. It is a mess up in the coding that causes a bug. A person or persons put the coding into the program not the program itself. The most commonly used language to program a game bot is C++ and trust me when I say this, what happened yesterday was not the fault of any player nor was it a bug in the program. The situation yesterday was completely and totally an error on the programmers part of PWI. I will in full detail explain this: You buy a Cash Shop piece of clothing, go to the mail box which has a quest and turn in for dyes, then go to the merchant and sell them. This is an eloquently done quest not a bug as everyone is describing. The problem I see is the amount of gold received for selling the dyes, which again is an error by the programmer not a bug. Players should not be held responsible for such a huge error on the people programming the game bot in PWI. A PWI Dev finally responded around 1 PM eastern or 10 AM pacific time and the servers went down. It is extremely unfortunate that PWI has banned anyone for this to make an example for their programmers wrong doing. I can understand a rollback and all goes back to the way it was with the last back-up of games files before patch 77 was released.
    I challenge PWI Dev's to grab a cup of coffee after all the chaos has passed and truly examine the situation and realize that this is their complete and total fault and no player should have to pay for their mistake or made examples of through a ban or suspension of their account. Honestly, after how PWI has handled this situation and I have contributed close to 4000.00 RL dollars on both my account and my husbands to promote PWI since September, 08 I am not sure if I will continue the game. I am hoping in time my views will change, because I feel PWI has a beautifully done MMORPG, but their values and business decisions have much to be improved.

Thanks,

VanyaDarknae

Why do you think they aren't taking responsibility? They are.

But it takes a really stupid player to think that it was intended that they set the pricing that way. So when you take advantage of such an OBVIOUS bug you are exploiting. They did what they thought was the best solution.
  • Estepario - Sanctuary
    Estepario - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rikuowns wrote: »
    yes but people who didn't glitch would be unfairly punished and i can clearly see from being here for only a week that the people at PWE are justice loving people that believe that because of s couple ****-ups that not eveeryone should be punished

I would be unfairly, BUT HAPPILY, punished as i logged to find the AH cleaned up from almost all legendary items in auction as well as most really useful gear.

To re-play 48, or even 72 hours if a rollback desicion comes that late, is no big deal to me and i think it may not be to anyone who actually enjoys playing.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Too bad Aion got pushed back again. Now I have to find something else to do until that game comes out. =(
  • avidgamer
    avidgamer Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If I may, let me pose a hypothetical situation, and see the community's response to it. Suppose you were in a class, and your class took an exam. After the results of the exam were released, it was revealed that a good percentage of the class had cheated on it, thus negatively influencing the curve, and hurting the whole class. The professor, in his effort to clean up the mess, takes measures to root out the cheaters and void their scores. However, this process is found to only be partially effective, and many cheaters go undetected. What do you think would be the best way to handle this? Would it be to accept that the professor's actions are sufficient and that rooting out only most of the cheaters is enough? Or would you demand a retest? I think it is clear that most would want a retest, and PWI's version of a retest is the rollback. Understandably, those that got an A honestly would be annoyed, but for the good of the community, a retest is a necessary measure.

Many may argue that this bears no resemblance to the issue that is ravaging PWI currently. In some respects I would have to agree, however, the major elements parallel eachother. The cheaters gained an unfair advantage over those who played the game honestly. There are those that argue that what others do is of no concern to them and does not affect them. This may be true for you, but not for the majority. The goal of many of the higher level players is to PK and TW. Others' skill lvl, refining lvl, equipment, etc play directly into the equation; it simply isn't fair to everyone who plays PWI if any cheater goes unchecked. Given the vast scope and complexity of this problem, it simply isn't practical to believe that the GM's will catch all the cheaters.(Since all transactions, trades, skills/items bought, etc need to be tracked) It seems to me the only reasonable solution is a rollback. Please act quickly, because the longer it takes, the more fallout it will create.

As a corollary, it seems like the majority of responses advocate a rollback. Why, then, is it not being implemented?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yea alot of people are going to private servers and Runes of Magic

ah.. its boring dont know what to do now.. i might just go and play on my pirated version of RTW.
  • CuteWereFox - Sanctuary
    CuteWereFox - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Im just gonna look forward to ESO...

So no backup=no roll back.

Great everyone quit using ur damn real life cash on this game.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I would be unfairly, BUT HAPPILY, punished as i logged to find the AH cleaned up from almost all legendary items in auction as well as most really useful gear.

To re-play 48, or even 72 hours if a rollback desicion comes that late, is no big deal to me and i think it may not be to anyone who actually enjoys playing.

Yes I agree if someone really likes the game they will stay. But all those people have put all that money in the game in the last 5 months will definately quit 100% if a rollback isnt done soon. Id hate to see several hundered/thousand quit a game I like to play. But if it doesnt happen Ill leave myself.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wow just wow. Was gonna let this one slide (while still hoping they'd do the right thing lol) and give it a few days to see just how much of an impact it's going to have on the economy, but after seeing how they treat their customers today...

Bb pwe, have fun rolling in the mud with Acclame b:bye
    b:dirty
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Too bad Aion got pushed back again. Now I have to find something else to do until that game comes out. =(

LOL Im looking for that game too! Idc if its F2p or P2p...

I'll play it anyway.

BTW Since some of you guys arent play PWI anymore. READ TWILIGHT SAGA! ^_^ atleast the romance and action wouldn't disappoint you :D
    edited February 2009
    Options
    only 41 ppl signed the rollback petition so far what are you waiting for.... here is link
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=190691&page=2
    edited February 2009
    Options
    avidgamer wrote: »
    If I may, let me pose a hypothetical situation, and see the community's response to it. Suppose you were in a class, and your class took an exam. After the results of the exam were released, it was revealed that a good percentage of the class had cheated on it, thus negatively influencing the curve, and hurting the whole class. The professor, in his effort to clean up the mess, takes measures to root out the cheaters and void their scores. However, this process is found to only be partially effective, and many cheaters go undetected. What do you think would be the best way to handle this? Would it be to accept that the professor's actions are sufficient and that rooting out only most of the cheaters is enough? Or would you demand a retest? I think it is clear that most would want a retest, and PWI's version of a retest is the rollback. Understandably, those that got an A honestly would be annoyed, but for the good of the community, a retest is a necessary measure.

Many may argue that this bears no resemblance to the issue that is ravaging PWI currently. In some respects I would have to agree, however, the major elements parallel eachother. The cheaters gained an unfair advantage over those who played the game honestly. There are those that argue that what others do is of no concern to them and does not affect them. This may be true for you, but not for the majority. The goal of many of the higher level players is to PK and TW. Others' skill lvl, refining lvl, equipment, etc play directly into the equation; it simply isn't fair to everyone who plays PWI if any cheater goes unchecked. Given the vast scope and complexity of this problem, it simply isn't practical to believe that the GM's will catch all the cheaters.(Since all transactions, trades, skills/items bought, etc need to be tracked) It seems to me the only reasonable solution is a rollback. Please act quickly, because the longer it takes, the more fallout it will create.

As a corollary, it seems like the majority of responses advocate a rollback. Why, then, is it not being implemented?

Sorry but I come from a well knowelged area. There have been times when people have cheat and new exams were made. It happens in college/high school. Been there done that. No offense.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Nice theory though. Was nicely put.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    only 41 ppl signed the rollback petition so far what are you waiting for....

Where is it???
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    *gets notebook* never program a maintenance for friday 13th....

you didnt wanted it to be "Normal" right?? lol

im glad you fixed all this and the servers are back here again

Good job

Bladecutter
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zuleica,

I don't feel their programmers did it intentionally, but a programmers sits at key board and inputs the coding, so therefore it is not the players fault that this whole situation started. If you want to say they fixed it by making examples out of players for their programming errors then so be it, but I feel differently. The reason I feel differently is because I have the same first hand experience they do with programmers and owning a game. As a game owner I first admit my fault or the programmers fault and fix the error, I don't take out our errors on the players.

VanyaDarknae
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh well, Im out of here! Had enough fun and I doubt this is gonna go anywhere. Ill give it to Monday before I leave the game! Take care everyone and goodluck on your tw's!
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Where is it???

i am sorry i frogot to put the link . i have it now but there seems to be lots of treads about this issue . its gonna be real nasty for gms today. good luck...lol
  • unga
    unga Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No rollback plz b:shocked
  • sandrishaa
    sandrishaa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hi allb:pleased
    I had played other similar game before this one, and believe me, their service were really bad compare with the service that PW offer us; their servers were very slow and the game kept a continous lag..., but well, one day i found this wonderful MMORPG and now i have been for 4 months enjoying PW and im very happy and gratefull because it exist. A problem as we saw yesterday, is not happen every day, but we wont be free of this risk anyway, so, on those cases we should not to pay too many attention to all these speculations and criticisms from some players, otherwise, we should to give our best intentions, wishes and help to support to the PW team, suggesting and not criticizing their work.

I know that when a problem appears and you effort to fix it, you become better to fixing future problems, so, please do not fill this forum with your complaints when a problem as yesterday happen. Sorry about my english and thanks to the PW team for your good work and because they let us the chance to enjoy this wonderful virtual world.b:bye
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    Ethas - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    SIGN THE ROLLBACK PETITION guys while its not to late

>>>>>>>> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=190691&page=2
  • Jossie - Lost City
    Jossie - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    GM doble Exp week end!! the error is from you staff !! all player ar b:angry cuz miss grind time b:bye
This discussion has been closed.