Streaker's Wizard Guide. Lol.

Options

Comments

• WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sera got a lot of flack in his replies from wizes who were higher than him. Most of his info was pretty spot on, also mysti's trolling probably didn't help him.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Egrimm - Lost City
    Egrimm - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    True, but if you have some points on vit only its so easy to restat later. You can just use a 50 points scroll once and youre good, no new armour, nothing else...

Best way to get some survivability and still be on the way towards full int later on, if you arent really rich.

And 50 points in vit can help you a lot before 90, both in PvP and grinding. 500hp more is nice and doesnt **** your magic damage too much, unlike the 100-150 points you need for light armour..

At what lvl is a good time to remove the extra vit. I raised mine early in the game so i could take a couple hits.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    if u'r robe, after 60 until 80 u should be good with the lower HP cause most mobs are magic and they should not touch you. Get about -9% channeling, that would help a lot toward not being hit.
    And Lost City is a PvP...so...I assume you're on LA? In that case just keep the vit and grind your way to 90 where u can restat

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    At what lvl is a good time to remove the extra vit. I raised mine early in the game so i could take a couple hits.
    Sera got a lot of flack in his replies from wizes who were higher than him. Most of his info was pretty spot on, also mysti's trolling probably didn't help him.

yeah, well...to bad a lot of ppl will miss that guide where it has the biggest exposure.
    I have it on the guild website for reference, but others aren't that lucky

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    if u'r robe, after 60 until 80 u should be good with the lower HP cause most mobs are magic and they should not touch you. Get about -9% channeling, that would help a lot toward not being hit.
    And Lost City is a PvP...so...I assume you're on LA? In that case just keep the vit and grind your way to 90 where u can restat

there's no way you can be LA & have extra vit (well maybe like 10 vit lol) unless you're not using your level's weapon o_O...
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Would this be true even if you select gear with reduced requirements?

For levels under 60- no, this would not be true. For 60+ (provided you ever want to level)- yes, it remains numerical fact; TT weapons never craft with reduced requirements & if you're LA (lv. 60 = 64str, 64dex) it's simply impossible to sacrifice extra stat points from mag to vit while maintaining minimum requirements for your magic weapons.
  • Egrimm - Lost City
    Egrimm - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Thanx for the info. And i dont where LA wouldnt have enough magic if i did.
  • Mikamis - Harshlands
    Mikamis - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Love The Guide Helped me alot
    Only The One In Painb:beatup

b:cool________________b:cool
    b:cool[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cool

Are Screaming In Victoryb:victory
  • Cometa - Lost City
    Cometa - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i am a wizard lvl 19, in relation to my built, i am not pure or neither LA

i use arcane armor, but i evolved every 2 lvl, 1 stg ; 1 or 2 vit ; and 7 or 8 to magic...

i want a personal built =), but thats the problem, whats your advice people??
    what should i do???

in PvP mode i duel with 2 blademasters anda i lose O.o
  • cupcakelaady
    cupcakelaady Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For the Pure build...why STR instead of say DEX or VIT? Aren't Wizards generally made to be physically weak? Maybe PWI just handles them differently though. I just thought maybe having a higher evasion or HP might help.

EDIT: Ohhhh, is it for armor by any chance?
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wizards need 1 strength every two levels so we can use magic weapons?

yes?

asdfagfsafhsdgf
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think the question mark confused him.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Godofdarknes - Lost City
    Godofdarknes - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Your skill guide is inaccurate. You're telling us to level morning dew and pitfall? Morning dew could be used in-between fights, but by no means needs to be leveled. Pitfall doesn't need to be level either, the only use I have found is for a quick-casting spell that can kill a mob with a small amount of HP left.
    streaker wrote: »
    What gives you the right to tell me that I'm inaccurate on my personal preference? That a lot of wizards agree with at that. And did I say max morning dew or pitfall? No... I said a few levels... Morning dew yea, when you've got extra spirit and coin, AND NO OTHER USEFUL SKILLS. I've been in TT runs before and because I've got more then 1 level in it, I saved the whole party from being wiped. And pitfall, a few levels, and ignore it once you have sandstorm, mine is at level 3, and that's where it will stay. I just added a few levels.

Try again?

Hmmm, lemme try a nicer approach... Please reread those skills you seem to disagree with... I recall mentioning "Only a few levels" A few is more then 2, some people have more spirit then others are certain levels, I left mine at 3, because I didn't feel it needed anymore, I will always level morning dew when I do not have more useful skills and I wont in the near future, but each level of it increases your party's chance to survive if the worse was to happen, such as your tank is dead, and your cleric needs to res them, choose a secondary tank, and heal them, until the primary tank is able to preform again, and then go back to nuking, and that is just an example, some situations really do call for a wizard to assist with healing, and though its not often, it can be a true life saver, does this make us clerics? No. We are just capable of assisting clerics for short periods of time. Is there anything else you would like me to explain?

i would have to take sides with streaker on this one
    the reason why is bc she is right ive saved barbs and clerics lifes
    here is a example
    doing HH70 in twilight temple and we arrived at the drum boss
    lv 77 cleric with 2.2k hp
    got to the aoe part
    drum boss started hitting for 1800 with bb(i have near 3k hp so i was good^^)
    i stopped DD and started healing the cleric until someone can shoot her some pots in between aoe
    got through the boss and not 1 person died
    and as for pitfall the only use it has is for the noobs who run when u are pking them get them low on health and shoot em that and watch them run and die on the horizonb:bye other than that though it is uselessb:surrender
  • KingofSpadez - Lost City
    KingofSpadez - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    >.> agrees with what godofdarknes says xD
  • Fire_soul - Harshlands
    Fire_soul - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol its awesome, but come on.. wizards arent that bad in the early pvp levels...
    at least my range gives some advantage against melee damagers,... if only it werent for those stupid stun spells...
    but its an awesome guide nonetheless :)
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    Hemoglobin - Lost City Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I thought this guide would teach me how to streak with my wizard, like a glitch or something.

Fail guide name.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I thought this guide would teach me how to streak with my wizard, like a glitch or something.

Fail guide name.

omg lmao rofl! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Fail guide name.

fail jsut fail :D
    i like pie
  • dakargrey
    dakargrey Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I just started a wizard and this guide is the easiest I've read to follow. I'll be using it a lot. THANK YOU!!! I've only played blademasters and this character is really different to play. I'm really having fun.
  • zukiel
    zukiel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    in pure build why do you put 1 str for every 3 level(most games i play usally call for 1 dex and 4 magic or 2 luck and 3 magic but never str) Oh and what craft skill should i learn
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    zukiel wrote: »
    in pure build why do you put 1 str for every 3 level(most games i play usally call for 1 dex and 4 magic or 2 luck and 3 magic but never str) Oh and what craft skill should i learn

ye me 2 in most the games wiz just put dex and magic never str, but well, welcome to pwi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dakargrey wrote: »
    I just started a wizard and this guide is the easiest I've read to follow. I'll be using it a lot. THANK YOU!!! I've only played blademasters and this character is really different to play. I'm really having fun.

:O dude this guide is garbage. The only other garbage of comparable stench is the "Wizard Guide for Newcomers."

Go read Pandora's Guide, or Seraphim's Guide if you're having questions about building your wizard.

And mods please send this and this to the lower depths so that no one will ever see them again. b:thanks
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah, we have 2 very very good guides, Pandora and Seraphim for LA and Arcane wizards. What else do we need? both are very easy to understand. I'm with Kannone on this one, and with every other player that asked for those guides to be sticky.
    How much more will mods ignore our requests and keep those useless and obsolete guides up?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah, we have 2 very very good guides, Pandora and Seraphim for LA and Arcane wizards. What else do we need? both are very easy to understand. I'm with Kannone on this one, and with every other player that asked for those guides to be sticky.
    How much more will mods ignore our requests and keep those useless and obsolete guides up?

+99999

Shes right.....and yeh this guide should go to down =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    <.< whoa...... helped a bit in my opinion >.< not i can pull off telling lower levels who ask me about wiz spells! >:D
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Lono_archer - Sanctuary
    Lono_archer - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i recommend this forum to read.b:victory

p.s we are running out of wizards in our server, we barely have in the lower lvsb:shocked
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah, wizard is not a cheap or easy class to play if u want to be good at it.
    and with the latest prices on gold and the number or ppl that just got Lunar weapons out of their asses is kinda' hard to play a wiz. In PvP u pretty much don't count now until you're well in the 90s and that's a long and hard road for a wiz. Everyone is just rerolling a veno or archer or just waiting for the new race.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why to go arcane:

Level 100:

12.7K pdef
    7.6K HP
    11.8K Mdef

Godmode damage.

All other builds, gtfo.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lono_archer - Sanctuary
    Lono_archer - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    most high lvl wizards in our server are light builds, kinda creepy. I guess it works good. b:surrender
  • remorhaz
    remorhaz Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ty! was wondering where to go next wit my build b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.