Streaker's Wizard Guide. Lol.

Options

Comments

• streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks Mosabi, I'm currently working on a few more level 60 bits, will post them asap ^_^
  • liquidfusion
    liquidfusion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so as far as stats for a Wizard at lvl 36 what would you suggest?

VIT ??? MAG ???
    STR ??? DEX ???

I think my stats are as follows:

VIT 20 MAG 140 I believe...
    STR 22 DEX 16

My Dex I know is too high; and so is my vitality...what you suggest streaker?

I dont know if this will help, but Im level 66, and my STR is set at 34, with 309 MAG, DEX is at minimum they came with, and VIT is at 20 or so mainly with built in armor VIT points. I might have put 3 or 4 points into VIT when I was level 10-12, dont remember, but it was not much. So, Im runnin about 1600hp right now, and 9670 mana.
    I use 10 Garnet Gems in my Robes for P-Def... putting Citrine Gems are a waste in my opinion, but everybody is different.
    I dont use charms because I dont take much dmg, and I never run out of mana. Nor do I use potions, with the exception of Concentrate Orb, which is level 4 orb that I make for free. Ive not once spent coin on potions or charms. The Concentrate Orb gives 100mp regen per second for 10 min.. and I only use this when Im using an exp scroll farming Minions of Alucard :)
    This is probably abit more info than what you were asking for, but I thought maybe it could be abit of help to you... thats the way I run my wizard anyways....:)
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I do about 7 FBs a day and tank some of the lower level bosses for friends (Krixxix, Suzerix, etc.), and not always with a bright bunch of people, so I've always got my charms, my exp is more valuable then my coins imo. And its also nice to have if your grinding and get double teamed by a crappy mob spawn, but I guess if your confident and never plan to pvp/pk, you don't really need a charm.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Gratz, your thread won't be sinking anymore. Enjoy the sticky ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    :D Thank You!!!
  • Eugena - Heavens Tear
    Eugena - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Your skill guide is inaccurate. You're telling us to level morning dew and pitfall? Morning dew could be used in-between fights, but by no means needs to be leveled. Pitfall doesn't need to be level either, the only use I have found is for a quick-casting spell that can kill a mob with a small amount of HP left.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What gives you the right to tell me that I'm inaccurate on my personal preference? That a lot of wizards agree with at that. And did I say max morning dew or pitfall? No... I said a few levels... Morning dew yea, when you've got extra spirit and coin, AND NO OTHER USEFUL SKILLS. I've been in TT runs before and because I've got more then 1 level in it, I saved the whole party from being wiped. And pitfall, a few levels, and ignore it once you have sandstorm, mine is at level 3, and that's where it will stay. I just added a few levels.

Try again?

Hmmm, lemme try a nicer approach... Please reread those skills you seem to disagree with... I recall mentioning "Only a few levels" A few is more then 2, some people have more spirit then others are certain levels, I left mine at 3, because I didn't feel it needed anymore, I will always level morning dew when I do not have more useful skills and I wont in the near future, but each level of it increases your party's chance to survive if the worse was to happen, such as your tank is dead, and your cleric needs to res them, choose a secondary tank, and heal them, until the primary tank is able to preform again, and then go back to nuking, and that is just an example, some situations really do call for a wizard to assist with healing, and though its not often, it can be a true life saver, does this make us clerics? No. We are just capable of assisting clerics for short periods of time. Is there anything else you would like me to explain?
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well if you ask me I say no matter what skill you level and you use...Wizards still suck anyways...and I am getting tired of it. I have hoped that at higher lvl things become easier but it seems that it is not...b:surrender
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thats your opinion, mine is the complete opposite, but to each their own. Better luck with another class then. :)
  • Eugena - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    streaker wrote: »
    What gives you the right to tell me that I'm inaccurate on my personal preference? That a lot of wizards agree with at that. And did I say max morning dew or pitfall? No... I said a few levels... Morning dew yea, when you've got extra spirit and coin, AND NO OTHER USEFUL SKILLS. I've been in TT runs before and because I've got more then 1 level in it, I saved the whole party from being wiped. And pitfall, a few levels, and ignore it once you have sandstorm, mine is at level 3, and that's where it will stay. I just added a few levels.

Try again?

Hmmm, lemme try a nicer approach... Please reread those skills you seem to disagree with... I recall mentioning "Only a few levels" A few is more then 2, some people have more spirit then others are certain levels, I left mine at 3, because I didn't feel it needed anymore, I will always level morning dew when I do not have more useful skills and I wont in the near future, but each level of it increases your party's chance to survive if the worse was to happen, such as your tank is dead, and your cleric needs to res them, choose a secondary tank, and heal them, until the primary tank is able to preform again, and then go back to nuking, and that is just an example, some situations really do call for a wizard to assist with healing, and though its not often, it can be a true life saver, does this make us clerics? No. We are just capable of assisting clerics for short periods of time. Is there anything else you would like me to explain?
    I never said MAX, lol. Even a few levels is a total waste of spirit and money that can be used on other skills. Maybe you should check what I write before you post.

Besides, this guide seems like it's been ripped off from Pandora's, not much else here!
  • Eugena - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Also, pyrogram is absolutely ESSENTIAL for grinding. Spam pyrogram and gush on mobs, quick-casting for fast grinding. Leaving it at lv1 is a huge mistake, not that you would listen to my opinion, Mr. Streaker.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok, well, trash talk all you want, I actually laugh at it :D

please continue? please?

And about the rip off of pandora's guide, didn't I say a lot of it would be similar? lol. There are actually quite a few differences.

And I've never once thought to myself "man, I wish I leveled pyrogram" or "man, that sp in morning dew was a waste"

I regret nothing, and unless you wanna make me laugh my **** off a little more, please go away. Thank you. :)
  • SirJorge - Heavens Tear
    SirJorge - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just leveled my Mornign dew to lvl 5. Thats plenty of healing for me. Also Essential sutra requires lvl 5 Morning dew. So my Morning Dew is 5.

And yes i have also saved many clerics and also helped healing for some tanks. its a useful skill.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry buddy, Its wellspring Quaff that you need level 5 of for essential sutra, and yea, mine is only 4, lol, but yea, it can be a true life saver. :)
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Also, pyrogram is absolutely ESSENTIAL for grinding. Spam pyrogram and gush on mobs, quick-casting for fast grinding. Leaving it at lv1 is a huge mistake, not that you would listen to my opinion, Mr. Streaker.

I do agree that the first three primary skills should be maxed ASAP, but "spam" isn't the adequate approach. x.x Although I do understand what you mean. However, taking morning dew and pitfall to level 3 or 4 is really a meaningless debate. I mean, the skills cost so little at that point, I know it's a bit here and there, but at least for morning dew, it's a particularly useful skill.

Also, you can't expect a guide for the same class to be radically different from another, otherwise there would actually be something SERIOUSLY wrong with one of them.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Eugena - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry buddy, Its wellspring Quaff that you need level 5 of for essential sutra, and yea, mine is only 4, lol, but yea, it can be a true life saver. :)
    LOL lifesaver? you can sit there for 4.5 seconds while the mob beats the brains out of you
  • Eugena - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok, well, trash talk all you want, I actually laugh at it :D

please continue? please?

And about the rip off of pandora's guide, didn't I say a lot of it would be similar? lol. There are actually quite a few differences.

And I've never once thought to myself "man, I wish I leveled pyrogram" or "man, that sp in morning dew was a waste"

I regret nothing, and unless you wanna make me laugh my **** off a little more, please go away. Thank you. :)
    yeah you are laughing at the fact that you totally ****ed up your wizard and telling others to follow ur ****ed up guide
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LOL lifesaver? you can sit there for 4.5 seconds while the mob beats the brains out of you

Sutra with Morning Dew heals quite impressively in an emergency situation.
    The points really aren't that poorly spent.

Why are you so bent on insisting he's wrong anyhow?
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sutra with Morning Dew heals quite impressively in an emergency situation.
    The points really aren't that poorly spent.

Why are you so bent on insisting he's wrong anyhow?

Agreed.

The combo has saved me about 50 times, maybe you don't mind Eugena but i like my exp
    b:bye
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ummm, I'm not telling anyone how to, this guide was built on my personal experiances, and my personal views, its a GUIDE, not an order...

And it would seem as if your out voted. :\ Are you going to say that they are wrong too?
  • SirJorge - Heavens Tear
    SirJorge - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

hahaha thnx. i knew it sounded wrong. I was just to lazy to check on it lol.
    b:victory
  • Eugena - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    in PvP you don't need to use ults, cause once those flashing animations are channeling it's just telling opponent to seal/stun/sleep you
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ofcourse they will if your right there in the open. -.-

If you like being the center of attention getting your **** kicked, more power to you. Oh, and -channel drugs work nicely too. But I guess since you're about as dumb as a box of rocks, you wouldn't know that, but don't worry, I forgive you. :)

"Nah, no one uses ults in pvp, those are just there as decoration." Your so goofy.Yea, who would want to take out 5 people with a single spell? That's so noobie.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    in PvP you don't need to use ults, cause once those flashing animations are channeling it's just telling opponent to seal/stun/sleep you

You've got to be kidding me.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Mages aren't a 1v1 class... chances are you'll be catching the opponent off guard, especially in TW, where mages shine.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demans
    demans Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    um whattype of armor do u use as a pure wizard? like what kind of stats and everything? sry im extremly new to the game and not too sure about it, ty to anyone who helps me
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I use arcane gear, 3 dex, 3 vit, minimum str for equipment, rest in magic. After I max magic, I'll start dumping in to vit.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    OMFG you'r so into this that you actually started your own guide and got a sticky too :P
    *pictures back the funny time when you were around 4x ,came to me in swamp and told me to pk you to see how it's like b:thanks ; damn you that time >< because of you every1 was telling me"OMG you pked your guildie you are awfull!"
    But it's a funny memory tho' b:laugh

Oh and btw:I haven't seen you online lately and I want to talk a bit about something.
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

The lvl 79 sleep skills solves that problem. Got to try it out alot already, gives u enough time to fire off an ulti before any class can cancel it.
  • Tryangle - Lost City
    Tryangle - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm sorry to flame here...but you are what, in your 50's now, and have been making this guide since you were in your low 40's?

A. I can't take someone with no experience seriously, especially since most of your suggestions are only speculation, since you don't even have the spells yet.

B. Your experience in TWs doesn't count. If you are level 40 going against an 80+ guild, whatever you say is invalid.

C. You lost even more credibility when you just said
    I use arcane gear, 3 dex, 3 vit, minimum str for equipment, rest in magic. After I max magic, I'll start dumping in to vit.

First off...if you're an arcane mage you shouldn't touch Dex. Second off, VIT isn't a very good idea as a mage. And 3rd....there is no Max to stats.

How the hell did this guide get stickied? I could've created an equivalent guide just by reading other guides without even have played the game.
This discussion has been closed.