Streaker's Wizard Guide. Lol.

streaker
streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Wizard
Streaker's Wizard Guide

Well, I would like to start off by saying I am fully aware that other good wizard guides exist, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me on many things, but I don't care. This guide does NOT tell you how to play your wizard, it is simply a guide to help you decide how you want to play, more so just a reference. This guide will often be updated for fixes, typo corrections, and additions. Now lets get started!

NOTICE: If you do not plan to dedicate a good 6 or more months to your wizard, save yourself the hassle, and make another class, also if you do not want to use your brain to be successful, or if you don't want to be the main target, or an easy kill for most of your gaming experience.

Pros & Cons:

Pros: Incredibly high damage, can 1 hit pretty much anyone including barbarians at higher levels, less need for mp charms at later levels, skills to strengthen our weaknesses if used correctly, and amazing for PvE starting at lower levels.

Cons: Incredibly low survivability and hp for your early, and middle levels, out damaged by everyone at lower levels, not wanted in partys, FBs, or TT runs often, slow casting time.

Creating Your Wizard: Well, I don't feel I need to explain this, other then make your wizard to your preference.

Builds: Well, many builds do exists, and some better then others, so lets decide what build we want, shall we?

Pure: Well, you're going to get hit like a .50 bullet going in to a wet paper bag for all of your lower and middle levels, but you will in turn hit like a fright train. The build is 1 str, 9 mag every 2 levels, or 5 mag, every even level, and 1 str, 4 mag every odd level (I personally reduced my vit and dex to 3, because those 4 points would server a lot better adding more to my damage, and more mana then 20 hp and a little evasion that isn't noticeable.) Your armor should be socketed with HP/Physical De fence gems, mix and match, or just choose one, your choice, and you would also want a Physical Protection necklace, and also a Physical belt, if you can find some decent grade 2 or 3 robes with Physical defense and/or HP mods, those would be your best bet.

Light Armor: Ok, well, you will have the ability to survive a good deal longer, which yes, it can help a lot at lower levels, but as your damage gets higher, you will have less need for the additional defense with each level, and if you are trying to avoid getting hit for your lower levels, you will probably pick up your own strategy for kiting, or avoiding hits which also helps a great deal, but another perk of this build is the critical hit chance, and the light armor build has a very a little damage reduction in comparison to the Pure build at the lower levels, but gets slightly more noticeable with each level. The build is 1 str, 1 dex, 3 mag every level, and your armor should be socketed with HP stones, you won't need any additional Physical Defense, and the jewlery combo is really up to you, you may want to consider magic defense on it, to make up for your lower magical resistances, but again its your choice.

HP Wizard: You will have a little additional hp to make up for your lack of defense, but I personally don't see it as worth it since we only get 10 HP per point in vit, which can easily be made up for with gems, and you won't lose any damage, but you also don't have the critical hit perk of the light armor wizards, the build varies, just make sure you have at least the minimum mag for your level gear. You would wear arcane armor, so Physical Defense is the way to stone your gear.

Heavy Armor: Uhhh... I don't support this build by any means, but here it is... You will have incredibly high Physical Defense, far more then needed, your damage takes a VERY hefty hit, and unlike the Light Armor build you don't get as much of that nifty little critical hit chance, your armor should probably be socketed with magic defense, or mana, or hp shards. the build is well... I don't know how or why this would happen, lol. You won't be able to wear the weapon of your level.

Melee Heavy Armor Wizard: I do not, nor do I want to know anything about this build, I don't see how anyone could possibly see this as a build possibility.

PvE/PvP Guide: Hmm, where to start...

PvE- PvE, Player vs Environment, Kill the mobs, or monsters, or creatures outside the safe zones. Starting at level 30, you have a small chance to drop an item from your inventory when you die, even if you aren't in PvP mode, so just to be careful, put those nice items you aren't using in your storage.

Levels 1-29: Well, you will easily be able to level off of quest to this point, no need to grind.

Levels 30-39: Cool! We got some more skills, including our Zen Party AoE Skill, Dragons breath, but more about that in the skill book. You can still level off of quest alone without much problems, but we also got our daily quest starting at level 30, Crazy Stone, its a repeatable daily quest that gives a good amount of exp, and some spirit, and many disagree with me, but you should do this every chance you get.

Levels 40-49: Well, thankfully we still have our Crazy Stone, because quest are slowly starting to become less and less each level, but hey, look on the bright side, more useful skills that you get to hear about when you read the skill book. At this point, you'll probably experience some grinding, but we have it a little easier then some other classes, mainly us robe users, we can slap on our water shield, and go swimming and grind on fish, they have a nice little 1.5x experience bonus, and other then our nifty little water shield, we have earth skills to take those pesky fish out even faster.

Levels 50-59: Hmmm... Get used to grinding, and gathering materials for your ancient arbor weapon we can use at level 60, and don't forget to start saving your spirit around level 55, and also your coin, for our Ultra/Ultimate spells we get at level 59, we got 4 of those beauty's, and they are pricey!

Levels 60-150: Not there yet, so I can't really give any personal Input, but don't worry, this will be updated by the time you get to these levels.

PvP- PvP, Player vs Player, there are a few different kinds of PvP, and I will go over them all for you. TW, or Territory Wars, Squad PvP/PK, single PvP/PK, Backstabbing, sniping, or whatever you wish to call it, and Duels. Don't forget, in PvP mode, your name turns white, and with each kill it will get more of a red tint, and the more red your name is, the better the chance is that you will drop some inventory items, and if you are red enough, you can even drop equipped items, including your flying mount and fashion items, so beware, and either bind everything, or buy some Guardian Angels, so instead of dropping your goodies, you lose an angel, and they run about 30k coins per, which isn't bad considering you won't lose that stuff you paid a couple million coins for. Don't forget, you can only PK someone that is in PK mode, or in TWs. When in PK mode don't forget to hold ctrl while you pick your spell, otherwise you won't do anything. On a side note, it is always a good idea to tote around some apoco. items, speed for quick escapes, or something to boost your HP Regen, or whatever else have you.

Levels 1-29: Heh... If you want anything close to PvP, you can duel, but other then that, nothing, and even in duels, expect to die to everyone at these levels.

Levels 30-39: Congrats, you can officially turn on PvP mode and get owned faster then the speed of light. But you can also try backstabbing as I call it, which is waiting for your carefully chosen target to go to a mob, and wait until they are being hit, and pitch in with your spells, and hope they don't spot you fast enough, your best bet is to forget that button is even there at that point.

Levels 40-59: You are a bit wiser now, but PK mode still isnt really advisable unless you're just playing around, or want to get a feel for what its like to attack and die.

NOTICE: Levels 60-150 will be broken down a little more, and more detailed as I go, so please don't assume this is written in stone.

Levels 60-89: Well, you got those wonderful ult spells now, you might be able to take someone out now, and no, I don't mean those poor little level 30s, pick on someone your own size, even if it is by any means possible *wink wink*. Try combos using Essential Sutra, see what works best for you, and try to avoid macros, they seem to take longer then manually selecting spells.

Levels 90-150: Heh, you're barking up the wrong tree for the time being, I will update it as I go.

Territory Wars!!!!! These are a very fun form of PvP, its your faction vs theirs, you either attack or defend, and I personally get a rush from them, as much of a nerd as that makes me sound, its true. Your main job as a heavy hitting damage dealer is to take out the catapult carriers, and the blade masters, the clerics too if you've got your ults, mainly blade temptest.

Squad PvP: Well, you and some friends squad up, and find people in pvp mode, and beat them to a pulp, but at lower levels, you might as well forget about this, not many people will want you.

Solo PvP: Same concept, only you don't have your buddys to get your back, but hey, you won't have to fight for the drops if there are any.

Backstabbing: This is a stalk and pounce form of PvP, you pick your target carefully, I like to choose mine within the safe zone so I can safely check their gear, and get an idea of their level, you can't tell what they have on if they have fashion, wait for your pray to leave to go grind, or explore whatever have you, choose the right moment to strike, but be careful what skills you use, they could backfire in a sense, mainly because of guardian charms, and almost everyone has one, so beware. Almost the same as solo pvp, except you try to avoid being seen by any means possible. On a side note, if they are grinding, and you notice their charm ticks, go forth and nuke their **** to Oblivion, you've got 10 seconds to take 'em out, but if they are just strolling, or not fighting, play with their HP a little, get em to just above half, and throw the heaviest nuke you think you can cast in time before they beat us to a pulp, a good idea, depending on how much time is left before the charm kicks back in, are spells with added effects, like slow, or silence, or at later levels, a possible stun there are a few more, those are just examples. The choice is yours, but be aware of your opponent and select your spells wisely.

Duels: A pretty much useless form of PvP, its fun to duel a little before a tw to get you in the mood, or to compare damage, but should never be mistaken for real pvp.

Demon Or Sage? Which To Choose?

Hmm, well, this is all personal preference, in short, Demon gives you extra damage, and more Physical defense, certainly something to look in to for us Pure wizards, but to each their own. Sage on the other hand helps out a bit with chi, and a couple other perks of its own, you can check them out yourself at http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php. You can choose your path once you achieve level 89, and do a couple quest, the paths allow you to level your skills to 11, and each path adds its own perks to your skills.

Streaker's Skill Book

This is the point where most people will probably disagree more so then the rest of the guide, but here goes!

Pyrogram- A little fiery card that deals some fire damage, decent for a quick hit, but mine is still level 1, but most find it to be useful.

Gush- An amazing little water spell, the slow effect can save your life time and time again! max asap

Stone Rain- A nifty little earth damage spike, a slightly longer cast time, but a decent amount more damage, you surely want this for when you go fishing

Pyroshell- A nice little fire barrier that increases your hp regen, and gives some extra fire defense, this skill is amazing for grinding foxies!

Glacial Embrace- Same concept as Pyroshell, only this is for water and mp regen, great for fishing, and the mp regen isn't half bad either.

Stone Barrier- An amazing skill for pvp, along with boosting your earth defense, you also get extra Physical Defense. max asap!

Crown of Flame- Well... this skill has very little purpose, mainly for bosses, other then that, the damage over time is useless.

Hailstorm- Not very good at lower levels, and can also be your demise more often then not at low levels, I find it useful later on though, 1 level will suffice until later on.

Devine Pyrogram- Another little flaming card, only this 1 deals a good deal more damage, a great opener, I did level this 1.

Morning Dew- No, You Are NOT A Cleric! This serves a few purposes, but all are situational, such as saving your cleric to save your squad, or to use in between mobs when grinding, just a few levels for now, more when you've got the spirit and money and no other more useful skills.

Pitfall- This skill is ok at lower levels, but it becomes obsolete at later levels, just a couple levels will suffice.

Dragons Breath- A great AoE skill, this is what makes us wanted in later levels, its got a good range, and nice damage, and doesn't end until you stop it.

Wellspring Quaff-I personally level this skill every chance I get, but getting it to 5 will be good enough to get essential sutra, this will also come in handy at level 100 when we get Manifest Virtue, but more on that skill later. At least 5 levels.

Distance Shrink- This skill can be your best escape plan when your in trouble, but make sure not to level it too much, or you'll have to run to the target before casting a spell, that's never good. Level with care.

Will of the Phoenix- A GREAT PvE skill! Even at level 1 it does a good job, but the more levels, the more time you buy yourself. This is our best knock back skill. (KB doesn't work in pvp sadly, at least against player, but its nice for those naughty venomancer pets)

Frostblade- AKA, Friend maker, give this to any melee users you know or see, it doesn't do much, but it does a bit to put a smile on their face, and can get you a tank for your fb, or tt in some cases. Since they don't really know how much, give it 1 level and your fine, lol.

Sandstorm- This skill is amazing! Just great for fishing, and the accuracy loss effect is great for those dex based classes, or any physical class for that matter. Max it asap!

Emberstorm- AKA Suicide Bomb. This skill is incredibly stupid, at least at my level, but some people say its good later on, lvl it once and move on.

Glacial Snare- A very good skill for those pesky foxies you have to grind, as an opener anyway, well, its actually a great opener for any but water mobs, and helps in TWs to slow down those flippin kittens so your buddys can destroy 'em, I level it when I can, but if you have better skills available, go for them first.

Force of Will- A great way to tell those "Full Attack Clerics" to shut the hell up! Leave it at 1 until you can level it a few times in a row.

Blade Temptest- mmm, yummy... This skill is a robe or even light armor users worst nightmare, that is if you can cast it before they interrupt you. Level it as you can, its an ult, and its not cheap, but its good.

Black Ice Dragon Strike- Our hardest hitting full magic spell, and a great slow effect, but as soon as people see that dragon, they are gonna rush you to no end.

Mountain's Sieze- Umm... disappointing... but still not bad again IF you can get off without being ambushed, our best and only stun until level 89 at least depending on what path you took.

Essential Sutra- Amazing. Get It. Use It. Love It.

Fire Mastery- Level as you can.
Water Mastery- Level as you can.
Earth Mastery- Level as you can.

Undine Strike- 2 words. Get It!

Elemental Shell- Not long lasting, but gives you a 4 second chance to tell those clerics to stop, it tickles, and mean it fully. Well, with temptest, those plume shots still kinda sting, and will for your entire wizard life. We can't expect to walk out of EVERY fight unharmed now can we?

Soporific Whisper- A skill to make your foe take a nap, no. not sleep, its only 4 seconds. But can certainly buy you time for a nice heavy nuke.

Elemental Invocation- Eh... get it if you can? lol.

Manifest Virtue!!!!!! This skill takes your mana, divides it by 100, then adds that number and slaps a % behind it, and adds it to your magic attack, this is why wizards damage can not be matched by anything regardless of how hard they try.
Post edited by streaker on

Comments

• streaker
    edited February 2009
    The Biggest noticable difference is the skill book I know. But I Was Bored, So let the hate post flow. No, the skill book isnt the ONLY difference.
  • tekyo
    tekyo Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Did you write this because of me? lol

Stil a good guide none the less...
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Lol, no, not because of you =P and thanks :D I'll get your 1 good guide, and 99 more "you noob" post to follow xP
  • darkforce26
    darkforce26 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wow this Guide is very long but intresting :))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    UPDATED: Now a bit more colorful, I find it to cause less strain on the eyes for being such a long thread
  • Derufin - Heavens Tear
    Derufin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    quick question, what is Sage and Demon and how do you aquire it... is it higher lvl armour?

Thx
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Sage and Demon are paths you can choose at level 89 after a couple quest ofc. They let you get your skills to level 11, and depending on which path you took, it adds an extra perk to your skills, check the ecatomb link and check it out ^^

ALSO UPDATED: Sage and demon paths.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A good start would be a clear distinction between the "your and you're".. aside from that... not too bad.
    I think it'd do you good to experience the levels beyond 60 - 69 before you write a solid guide though. After all, experience > theory.

Edit: Elemental Shell would cause other mages to tickle. Clerics would just plume shot us.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    I said I would update as I go =P and it will probably just end up in the roach pit anyways xD

and the ele shell was referring to temptest, not that plume shot, because thats all I hear clerics talk about, how they out damage us.

But yea, I guess I should fix the your and you're things :|

Thanks for the advice, lol
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've read all the Wizards guide thus far and this one has got to be the BEST one I've read. It covers everything, I mean, I read it and was like THAT'S A GUIDE! streaker A+ work bro. I'll be using this ALOT as I lvl. This is the guide I was lookin' for. HALLELUJAH I finally found it.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    If that wasnt sarcasim, I thank you, and I will keep updating it as I go, so it should always be up to date for your level, if it was sarcasim, ouch, lol.
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    streaker wrote: »
    If that wasn't sarcasim, I thank you, and I will keep updating it as I go, so it should always be up to date for your level, if it was sarcasim, ouch, lol.

Nah man, that's the real deal no sarcasm. I'm stoked about your guide; it really is my favorite one. I read Pandora's and started off with LA build..etc etc but have found myself changing my points and going robe and pure. I prefer that build over LA but that's just me. Anyway, yeah I've subscribed to this so I'm eager for updates ^_^. Furthermore, I'm still a low lvl. for a Wizard and am looking for as much advise as possible (whether to go Sage or Demon / whether it's bad to put some VIT in with a pure build / etc...etc. ).
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    UPDATED: corrected a few typos (sorry, didn't get to your and you're yet, lol)

Taurzo, I personally say little to minimun vit, because in PvE, you shouldn't get hit very often, and since we have such a low vit to hp ratio, refining your armor a couple times is more effective imo. And in PvP, at such low levels, we're a 1 hit to almost anyone anyways.
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    so as far as stats for a Wizard at lvl 36 what would you suggest?

VIT ??? MAG ???
    STR ??? DEX ???

I think my stats are as follows:

VIT 20 MAG 140 I believe...
    STR 22 DEX 16

My Dex I know is too high; and so is my vitality...what you suggest streaker?
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Aren't you like 5x?
    Not to knock you or anything, cause I know lower levels who know more about their class than 9x, but your knowledge is too small to really be writing a guide. Maybe it should be up to your level, because you -know- about those levels. The rest is really speculation. But if you're 80+ I apologize ;)
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Yes, I'm 5X, most of it is up to level, and I said I will update what I Don't Know For Sure as I go. But some of the things for the higher levels like demon and sage for example is common knowledge. This is for new players, so it really dosn't make much of a difference. But I also know what havoc a wizard can wreak at end game. Wizards that have been around before this guide are mostly Pandora followers anyway. Now whats wrong with trying to help lower level wizards? By the time they get to 5X, I'll have the guide updated even more.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    streaker from what I read from your earlier posts I thought this one to be a sarcastic thread but impressive for me its all old info but its got good flow for the low lvls not like Pandora's guid where you devolope a headache by the time your done >.>

anyways keep up the good work I vote a sticky for this one...
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Thanks Mosabi. Trying to level a little faster so I can fill in some blank areas, and add more info to some of it to make it a bit more clear, and in depth.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    You could also ask other mages for their experiences with the spells you are unfamiliar with =)

Here's my input:
    amazing for PvE starting at lower levels.
    is not necessarily true... in fact, in the lower levels, mages tend to struggle a lot more due to lower damage, and skills not having max range yet. Most mobs in the lower levels tend to be physical / ranged physical as well, which becomes a huge nuisance since our damage is unfortunately rather low.
    Levels 60-89...
    60 to 89 is a huge range for a specific debate on pvp.
    PvP gets really interesting after sandstorm + earth mastery is maxed (level 75), so its a whole new ballgame from there. That's my "opinion" though, and since opinions have no place in a guide, I guess you can ignore this.
    Backstabbing...
    if you looked at Pandora's comment on choosing the right spells to bypass, I'd suggest including something like "don't start with your strongest spell...", since it'd most likely tick their hieros. What you want to focus on is bypassing it, and since we've got the damage, why not try to bypass it? :)
    Devine Pyrogram- Another little flaming card, only this 1 deals a good deal more damage, a great opener, I did level this 1.
    Not much to say about this one... except its "Divine" pyrogram ;)
    And.. it really pales in comparison to sandstorm. Of course though, it's nice in a little sutra combo.
    Morning Dew- No, You Are NOT A Cleric! This serves a few purposes, but all are situational, such as saving your cleric to save your squad, or to use in between mobs when grinding, just a few levels for now, more when you've got the spirit and money and no other more usefull skills.

Morning Dew if given 2 or 3 levels, when used with sutra can be a life saver when used properly. I personally use this a lot in fb parties when a cleric needs to stop to revive someone. Sutra lasts just long enough for revive to kick in, so the cleric can go back to healing while you take over for 6 seconds. Not THAT bad =P
    Pitfall- This skill is ok at lower levels, but it becomes obsolete at later levels, just a couple levels will suffice.

I beg to differ. This little baby has the same cast time / channel as gush, and works wonderfully as a finisher. I know most people won't care about mana cost with a charm, but I like saving my mana. It costs little mana, casts quick, and does great for those mobs who live your combo with a pixels worth of hp left. =P
    Distance Shrink- This skill can be your best escape plan when your in trouble, but make sure not to level it too much, or you'll have to run to the target before casting a spell, that's never good. Level with care.

Rephrase.. this isn't mandatory in early levels, but after 60, its a great idea to max it asap. Not only does it cancel out a mob's channeling, but in TW when you're targeted, it becomes very good. Its cooldown goes down as you level it, and with 10 seconds cooldown you can be moving around enough so that you don't get mowed down in TW for not moving.
    Will of the Phoenix- A GREAT PvE skill! Even at level 1 it does a good job, but the more levels, the more time you buy yourself. This is our best knock back skill. (KB doesn't work in pvp sadly, at least against player, but its nice for those naughty venomancer pets)

Its an even BETTER PVP spell!
    Its good in PvE in the early levels, and beyond 80 (when those physical mobs return)... but in PvP its even better! It is our STRONGEST 2 second nuke (our other 2 second spells are gush, pitfall, etc) with a whopping 3750+ damage at level 10, so its definitely worth leveling. To top it off, it aoes. Thats as good as it gets.

And finally.. back to the top...
    NOTICE: If you do not plan to dedicate a good 6 or more months to your wizard, save yourself the hassle, and make another class, also if you do not want to use your brain to be successful, or if you don't want to be the main target, or an easy kill for most of your gaming experience.

I'm on 4th month :p hasn't been 6 yet! b:victory
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Your not level 100 yet are you? =P

60-89 I havn't gotten yet, so I only put the input I plan to use myself, it will be broken down more and more detailed when I get there, remember, this is a work in progress :D

I say strongest spell because when I say backstabbing, for the most part, I mean when they are fighting something already, so they don't have max hp.

maybe its just me, but will of the phoenix seems to be the easiest spell to interupt, but I'll definatly try it some more.

distance shrink saved my **** many of times before level 60, lol, its always good to have a nice escape spell, or kiteing spell imo.

Thats about the only time I'll use pitfall anymore, is when they have like no hp left, and gush is in cooldown.

I said morning dew is situational and that is one of those situations. =P I've got mine at 5 right now, and I'm leaving it there for a while.

Sandstorm is a fire attack? o.o I use it as an opener on metal mobs, but maybe I should be more specific, thanks.

Eh, I didn't have many problems in my lower levels. The few I did have were my own silly mistake, in which I learned from, like using distance shrink before turning around. (lol, that was embrassing)

I'll change a couple things to be more specific, but other then that, our opinions differ a bit, but to each thier own ;)

Thanks for the input either way, much appreciated.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    UPDATE: Fixes a few more typos, and added a couple side notes.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Fixed the your and you're things, lol.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Jrudora, Will of the Phoenix did come in handy for one situation, a couple more and ill update the skill.

a lv 37 veno with a phoenix, I wanted to try to take that thing out asap just to see if i could, I hit it for 31 dmg with gush compared to its 230/second (or close to 1 second) and I used WotP to try to buy a couple seconds, and it 1 hit the veno, lol.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Will of the Phoenix is awesome :D
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I will dnt say Mountain seize is worse than others. In Tw the aoe skill i most use at lvl 8 does 5-10% less dmg than dragon and you can stun 10-12 people if they dnt die that mayby saves the life of a few guild mates. Yes its 1 sec longer cast but if you have some brain you can use it.. i never got stuned silenced in tw .
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    meh, i think its more so the BMs job to do the stunning, they are better at it, let the bm stun em, then ill use a blade temptest :\
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well when you go Tw you will see , btw dragon and mountain seize does more dmg at light armor at least for me.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    I've done tws, the bms go down the line and just aoe stun pretty much anyone thats in the way. Mountain seize might be good for a stealthy opener when its got a better chance to stun, but in tws, unless the stun time stacks, which I highly doubt it does, the bms will have the groups stunned before I'm done casting. And as far as them doing more damage, your masteries might play a little roll in that. But I havn't gotten there yet, so I'm not sure.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well when you go Tw you will see , btw dragon and mountain seize does more dmg at light armor at least for me.

The reason they do more damage to light armor is obvious, earth and water ultis are purely magical, tempest has half physical half magical. I don't believe earth ulti should be used very much in TW, as dragon hits harder(although flashier), while tempest is more versatile, hitting robes, heavies and lights.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I will not allow it to sink in the pits of hell...
    trying to make it go up in the list of fourms
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
This discussion has been closed.