Streaker's Wizard Guide. Lol.

Comments

• Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    First off...if you're an arcane mage you shouldn't touch Dex. Second off, VIT isn't a very good idea as a mage. And 3rd....there is no Max to stats.

How the hell did this guide get stickied? I could've created an equivalent guide just by reading other guides without even have played the game.

His dex and vit are his base. They're 2 lower than the default dex and vit. He did not mess up, you just misread.
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm sorry to flame here...but you are what, in your 50's now, and have been making this guide since you were in your low 40's?

A. I can't take someone with no experience seriously, especially since most of your suggestions are only speculation, since you don't even have the spells yet.

B. Your experience in TWs doesn't count. If you are level 40 going against an 80+ guild, whatever you say is invalid.

C. You lost even more credibility when you just said

First off...if you're an arcane mage you shouldn't touch Dex. Second off, VIT isn't a very good idea as a mage. And 3rd....there is no Max to stats.

How the hell did this guide get stickied? I could've created an equivalent guide just by reading other guides without even have played the game.

No one is telling you to follow this guide, and just because I'm a low level on THIS server, doesn't mean I don't know about end game and all the spells... And all I did to dex was REDUCE it, and you can't put more then 599 in a stat. My final stat setup will be, without gear or anything, 599 magic, 108 vit, 3 dex, and 55 str.
    If you think I'm inexperienced, that's on you. b:chuckle
  • demans
    demans Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    streaker wrote: »
    I use arcane gear, 3 dex, 3 vit, minimum str for equipment, rest in magic. After I max magic, I'll start dumping in to vit.

kk, tyvm for the info, been basing my wizard off ur guide lol, how do u lower vit and dex though? i cant get it less than 5...
  • Sejhia - Heavens Tear
    Sejhia - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    b:shockedb:laughb:shocked

Seriously?
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    I raised dex and vit to 9 each, and used reset scrolls.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I think you mean 8.

Also, there is no point in dumping 3 extra stats in VIT and DEX just to restat it... seems rather silly don't you think? Especially when you can add those 6 stats in magic while getting the reset note :P
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Opps, yea, sorry xD

It was just to get 4 extra points in to magic, by taking out 2 from vit and 2 from dex, just had to add to subtract... lol.
  • demans
    demans Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009

and i can get a reset scroll.....where? sry only been playin for 5 days now lol
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Opps, yea, sorry xD

It was just to get 4 extra points in to magic, by taking out 2 from vit and 2 from dex, just had to add to subtract... lol.

You don't need 8 points in VIT or DEX to restat to get 3. You can just use the same note when you have 5 base stats and it'll still go to 3. Therefore if you bump it to 8 in both VIT and DEX, you have theoretically "wasted" 6 points in the downtime of you getting a reset note when you could of kept pumping 9 MAG 1 STR/2lvls while saving up for a reset note.
    demans wrote: »
    and i can get a reset scroll.....where? sry only been playin for 5 days now lol

Cash shop sells 4 types of reset notes. There are 2 kinds:
    Reset points in all 4 fields or reset points in 1 field.

For this purpose if you have 8 or lower in VIT or DEX and you want them both to go to 3, you need to buy a basic reset all note which resets 5 points in every attribute. Lowest possible number is 3 in any stat. This costs 3 gold and will go for about ~300k.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i would say if u played for 5 days ur stats cant be too messed up however if they are i suggest you make a new char
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dont know if this was said yet or not but...

how's the OP figure with a VIT build, u dont lose damage?

every point not spent on mag is less damage, wether it goes to dex, str, or vit.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Luduvudu - Heavens Tear
    Luduvudu - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    short and simple, awsome guide!
  • Oz - Lost City
    Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    dont know if this was said yet or not but...

how's the OP figure with a VIT build, u dont lose damage?

every point not spent on mag is less damage, wether it goes to dex, str, or vit.

True, but if you have some points on vit only its so easy to restat later. You can just use a 50 points scroll once and youre good, no new armour, nothing else...

Best way to get some survivability and still be on the way towards full int later on, if you arent really rich.

And 50 points in vit can help you a lot before 90, both in PvP and grinding. 500hp more is nice and doesnt **** your magic damage too much, unlike the 100-150 points you need for light armour..
  • Apocalypz - Harshlands
    Apocalypz - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Feel free to post places to grind and what mobs to grind on for every 10 levels. It would be very nice for you to do this, seeing as how I've spent the last 2 hours looking for one. Also, if a LA can afford to +12 a weapon, they hit as much as robes, and have more survivability. If I can get rank 8, that weapon will be +11251615724572452 before you can say "Donkey-doodling-banana-buns"...

Key word in that is If.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    O HAY GAIZ +12 LA CAN HIT AS HARD AS A PURE INT WITHOUT +12.

Thank you captain obvious. The point is if they are on equal grounds, durrr. You are basically competing with yourself in that logic. "Oh if I go LA I'll get a +8 weapon to make up for my damage! But if i go pure int I'll only get a +5 weapon"

It's stupidity at its finest.

Oh, and if you have a +12 weapon you'd hardly need any survivability. It's called one shot.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Tbh LA is pretty stupid at 90+...
    You can basically have the same pdef, way more mdef, and WAAAY more matk than LA at the cost of a little HP. 800 hp < 3k matk.

Mages were never meant to tank.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apocalypz - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    O HAY GAIZ +12 LA CAN HIT AS HARD AS A PURE INT WITHOUT +12.

Thank you captain obvious. The point is if they are on equal grounds, durrr. You are basically competing with yourself in that logic. "Oh if I go LA I'll get a +8 weapon to make up for my damage! But if i go pure int I'll only get a +5 weapon"

It's stupidity at its finest.

Oh, and if you have a +12 weapon you'd hardly need any survivability. It's called one shot.

I appreciate the Grade A+ Assholism that I got from my personal preference. In my opinion, oh wait I don't need one. I'll do whatever the hell I feel like doing. Also I'd appreciate it if you'd answer the question instead of flaming random **** that I'm not really going to pay that much attention to.

Find a robe that doesn't get one shot by EAs deadly shot.

Find a robe that doesn't get one shot by WB Perdition.

Find a robe that doesn't get one shot by a Dragon.

Find a robe that survives EP's plume shots EASILY.

The thing is I'd like to have my survivability for just in case I get jumped. It's not always the frog that jumps.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lets see, deadly shot doesn't kill me unless they triple spark and crit, perdition won't kill me unless there's a berserk crit, and dragon is weak as hell, its the attack after that'll hurt but still doesn't kill. Plume? Does maybe a fifth of my HP.

I practice my assholism to stupid comments. Do I count though? Because last time I checked an archer can still one shot light armor with their metal attacks AND can even do it with deadly shot. Light armor can also die to a dragon and the after hits coming from a blademaster. Perdition? Well if they berserk and or crit I'm pretty sure you will die too. Oh and too bad for you, a cleric can kill you with wield thunder or tempest easy, they only use plume shot on me which does less damage.

Your survivability is negligible.
  • Apocalypz - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Lets see, deadly shot doesn't kill me unless they triple spark and crit, perdition won't kill me unless there's a berserk crit, and dragon is weak as hell, its the attack after that'll hurt but still doesn't kill. Plume? Does maybe a fifth of my HP.

I practice my assholism to stupid comments. Do I count though? Because last time I checked an archer can still one shot light armor with their metal attacks AND can even do it with deadly shot. Light armor can also die to a dragon and the after hits coming from a blademaster. Perdition? Well if they berserk and or crit I'm pretty sure you will die too. Oh and too bad for you, a cleric can kill you with wield thunder or tempest easy, they only use plume shot on me which does less damage.

I'm talking about Furied attacks. Regular attacks are **** in PvP after 90. Also I would LOVE to see you tank a Perdition that is serked OR crit. Also untrue, the highest ive had hit on me from metal is 1k, and if you stack metal res on some robe gears, and the EA knows you are LA, just wear fashion and switch to robes. Also ANYBODY can die from a Dragon and the hits afterwards. Just takes longer against certain classes and builds. Also Perdition can be blocked as i just found out today =P. Just distance right as they jump up. Also, like I said earlier, stacked metal resistance OR apothecary metal resistance pots... hmmmmm I wonder who thinks things out. Therefore, its all about the person using the character and not the character being used by the person.

Kthxbai, try answering my original question now. I'd appreciate it.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Equal level archers don't really do more than 2.2k on me. Never been oneshot by an archer my level. Blademaster Dragon is actually not bad either, BMs are generally easy to tank.

And that's with crappy gear, btw.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It's alright Haiz, less competition for us real mages. b:chuckle
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The thing is I'd like to have my survivability for just in case I get jumped. It's not always the frog that jumps.
    I'm talking about Furied attacks. Regular attacks are **** in PvP after 90.
    I get jumped with surprise triple fury all the time. Wait, what?
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i love and choose a wizard = SUCK, LOST , FAIL , REGARD , SAD , ONE SHORT, DIE b:surrender

however i love wizard, this is the truth b:surrender b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zosai - Harshlands
    Zosai - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Rawr i'm Necroing (kinda :o) this post for the sake of arguement. easiest way to LEVEL = 1-59- Pure| 60-79- LA| 80+ Pure. @ 80+ you have a HH(TT) that gives + phys def and you will want to max your damage on everyone. You will die a little faster than LA, but deal more damage (by damage i mean 200-300 more with GUSH, which is like over 1k more with BID and Blade Tempest)

If you have money Pure is the way to go the whole way. You just need to have PDef gems and some HP with pdef becky and boots. you will level faster with Pure and if you socket your stuff with pdef and some HP, you will have plenty of survivability for PvP.
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's alright Haiz, less competition for us real mages. b:chuckle

yeah aand are dmon/sage books are cheaper:D
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Rawr i'm Necroing (kinda :o) this post for the sake of arguement. easiest way to LEVEL = 1-59- Pure| 60-79- LA| 80+ Pure. @ 80+ you have a HH(TT) that gives + phys def and you will want to max your damage on everyone. You will die a little faster than LA, but deal more damage (by damage i mean 200-300 more with GUSH, which is like over 1k more with BID and Blade Tempest)

If you have money Pure is the way to go the whole way. You just need to have PDef gems and some HP with pdef becky and boots. you will level faster with Pure and if you socket your stuff with pdef and some HP, you will have plenty of survivability for PvP.

No, I find LA is better for lvls 1-50ish. By the time you're 50 you can kill phys based mobs without getting hit once, and with mag based mobs u dont even give a sh*t if they hit you (If ur full mage). I went LA untill lvl 48 or so and glad i switched out then cuz most mobs are magic after like 55. And once u hit ur 59 cult and get essential and the "omg my **** hurts" wizzy nukes it's best to do as much dmg as possible in order to put the fear of god into enemies.
  • Oblivion_Wiz - Dreamweaver
    Oblivion_Wiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i added Hailstorm to lvl 1 and its useless b:angry
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    How is this guide still stickied?

The info about the class in general is so mundane and obvious it need not even be mentioned; the most important part for a mage in the game-the skill guide, is **** (ok well at best it's outdated... severely outdated): "Pyrogram- A little fiery card that deals some fire damage, decent for a quick hit, but mine is still level 1... This skill can be your best escape plan when your in trouble, but make sure not to level it too much..."

For an arcane guide imho we should replace this one with Seraphim's guide...

and lol... seriously, think about how gimped a wiz would be by following this guide (lv. 1 pyrogram in TT? b:shutup).
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    A lot of these guides are out of date, not exactly inspiring to see '60+ I'm not here yet' in a guide.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Seraphim's guide is one of the best guides I've read for Robe mages.
    Should be sticky, honestly.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.