Beginner FAQ - Please read before posting!

Options

Comments

• samuraipunk2
    samuraipunk2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Now all you need is to post some stuff on the art of movement, jumping, and stuff. Still haven't figured how to jump. lol. I wanna be the only white guy to jump and sink the ball in the hoop, so to speak. lmao b:laugh
  • sweetlolilace
    sweetlolilace Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hi! Thanks so much for this guide, it really helped me with my venomancer!
    Although, I just made a Cleric, and now I have a question: how do I activate my wings?

...I feel so dumb that I don't know how to xD
    b:embarrass
    Thanks!
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hi! Thanks so much for this guide, it really helped me with my venomancer!
    Although, I just made a Cleric, and now I have a question: how do I activate my wings?

...I feel so dumb that I don't know how to xD
    b:embarrass
    Thanks!

In the lower right hand corner, click the icon of the people standing close to eachother, and then click on the stick figure icon. On the top row of actions there you ought to find the one for flying. Toss it on a hotbar and there you go.
  • sweetlolilace
    sweetlolilace Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hawk wrote: »
    In the lower right hand corner, click the icon of the people standing close to eachother, and then click on the stick figure icon. On the top row of actions there you ought to find the one for flying. Toss it on a hotbar and there you go.

Ah ok, thank you so much! b:chuckle wow, that was simple xD

Again, great guide! :)
  • Sialina - Lost City
    Sialina - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hi everyone...
    I'm new to this game. Thought I'd try it out and so far I'm liking it. I just have one problem relating to getting my spiritual cultivation up.
    I did get the popup quest at level 9 (I think) to talk to the Taoist, and spoke with him once. But I don't believe he really gave me any quests to do anything in particular.
    I don't have any yellow quests in my quest log, and if I try to talk to him again, he doesn't give me anything new. I found that normally the next person I'd need to talk to is the Lost City Recluse. I went and found him but he doesn't really have anything to say to me either.
    I'm level 12 now and I'd really love to get some of those skills that I should've had a few levels ago =P
    Anything I may have missed? b:cute
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The untamed lvl 9 culti quest is currently bugged, but should be fixed at the next maintenance (tuesday, normally).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sialina - Lost City
    Sialina - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you very much Andracil!

And... I have to ask... does your name come from a Tolkien-esque language? It looks familiar.
  • andracil
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nah, I just create my names randomly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shinobi_ - Lost City
    Shinobi_ - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    how do i make a thread =.= plz i need some help wtih stuff plz and ty :D
  • Incalae - Dreamweaver
    Incalae - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    oops, already answered.

QUESTION!?! so are there any decent EQ guides? like... this class/level should be wearing -this-?
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    For anyone interested in how the genie system works I recently posted a beginner's guide to the genies which can be found at the link below.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=430792
  • chesticles
    chesticles Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ty for the guides andracil and whoever else contributed ;P
  • Nocticula - Harshlands
    Nocticula - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for all the needed information right at the finger tips. Love you PWb:victory
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]

Something Something Something DarkSide
  • Nekkyoosan - Sanctuary
    Nekkyoosan - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    could you add some information in the skill section about what is meant with
    + x% of weapon damage.

I think this is certainly a question everyone has at the beginning. Do I need the phys dmg or mag dmg or both to enhance/calculate my skill dmg? See what I mean?
  • pantera134
    pantera134 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I can't make a character. All the names I used are invalid.
  • andracil
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That means they're taken, keep trying different stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pantera134
    pantera134 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ugh! All names are invalid!!! b:angry
  • asdfghjklqwer
    asdfghjklqwer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    wait
    so you can only make Armor glow by adding stones
    not weapons?
    that's dumb..
    klsadfjhsdfjhbsdfbjhsdfbjhsdfjbhdfsjhsdfjhbdfsjhbdsfb:laugh
  • asdfghjklqwer
    asdfghjklqwer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

hellob:victoryb:laugh
  • aure22
    aure22 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That is what wonder...

Regardless that character creation tool is so powerful that it makes possible to create unimaginable Quasimodos i haven't yet seen any user created freaks in PW but rather generic characters and, as a newb, i ask: Does other players see fully customized characters at all or i create those only for myself to see?
  • cyberninja008
    cyberninja008 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    my weapons vitally is 0/30. how can i increase it?
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    my weapons vitally is 0/30. how can i increase it?

If you head to any NPC merchant (tailor, blacksmith, apothecary,...merchant), go to Trade list, there should be a button with "Repair". This will change your cursor. Now, when you mouse over the weapon, you should see the stats and an added "Repair fee". Left clicking will repair the weapon, restoring the endurance and charging you the fee.

Note: This only works for weapons that are out of endurance, not Shattered. Shattered gear must be repaired at the equivalent merchant, usually costing Mirage Celestones in the process.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • churion
    churion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Pick which server to log into?

Every time I try to start the game it gives me a client is low update message
  • nao666
    nao666 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    never used the forum before and it could be that i'm in a wrong section here, so i'm really sorry about itb:sad, but don't know where/who to ask. I haerd ppl can be banned, well for example, if you get **** and maybe forgot your personal details which you need i think(?), cause of this you can be banned? and is there a way to play this game with exactly this acc again?? Or will it be permanent banned? b:surrender hope any1 can help me out? maybe?
  • andracil
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you get **** and lost your personal details, you can't get your account back, so banning would be a good option so the hacker doesn't give your character a bad name.
    Still though, you won't get banned just for forgetting personal details, that'd be silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paragonofvirtue
    paragonofvirtue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    churion wrote: »
    Pick which server to log into?

Every time I try to start the game it gives me a client is low update message
    If I understood your problem well...

Maybe you just have to wait for it to update? <3
    You could look at the end of the Installation Guide, the part about updating...

If I did not understand your problem well

*sorry* :(

PS:
    image.php?u=8171627001&type=sigpic&dateline=1255970061
    I love that signature XD That's the attitude b:chuckle
    "Three friends go into Battle
    One is captured
    One flies away
    The one that remains becomes a Hero"

(-Guess who am I quoting ;) -)
  • fuigi
    fuigi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm very sorry, but I need to make 100% sure... is this game free or does it cost money?
  • andracil
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Free, but you can use real money to buy from the cash shop. But it's completely optional.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spudzy
    spudzy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i knw i'm probly not ment to ask on this one, but i dont knw where to ask. i recently just downloaded the game because i had to get rid of everything wen i sent my laptop back, bu i have forgotten the password for my in-game gold trading acount. i was wondering if there was anyway i could reset it?
  • hladniii
    hladniii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hi, I am from Europe, I downloaded the game client 2 days ago, game is amazing and I am already in guild and everything but I saw there is PW Europe, my ping is 120 ms at Tide Born server and its higher on the rest, is there a way to play on Europe servers with PWI client if not I'll keep playing on this one, thanks a lot :)