Beginner FAQ - Please read before posting!

Options

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    By buying gold with in-game coin through the auction house, or by buying an inventory (super) stone from another player.

One way or another, though, someone has to buy the gold with real world cash first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • moonlightfrolic
    moonlightfrolic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok, thanks ^^
  • mythicalmind
    mythicalmind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Is there a way to divide stacks of items?
    example make 4 stacks of 5 from a stack of 20?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Alt-drag-and-drop to divide stacks. (Alt has to be depressed at the moment when you release the mouse button, or it becomes a normal move.) You'll be asked how many to move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Lamiria - Raging Tide
    Lamiria - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I bought 1 Lucky Coral and got 15 Perfect Tokens of Luck. I get the feeling that these aren't that big a deal, but I don't know what to get.

I went to the PWI Boutique Agent and looked at my choices, and there's a bunch, but I honestly don't know what to get.

I'm a lvl 17 Elf cleric.

Any suggestions?
  • jorisjuh
    jorisjuh Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    Hello all! Seeing as a lot of questions get asked repeatedly here on beginner's guide, it was about time someone made an FAQ answering all those. So here it is! Obviously, feel free to still ask any question - this FAQ doesn't cover everything.

Table of contents

To quickly move to a section, just click the header.

Character related
    -How do I make a faction?
    -What are the benefits of being in a faction?
    -What's the highest possible level in this game?
    -What are AGI/CON/INT?
    -How do I switch between Clothes and Armor so other people can see them?
    -How do I transfer items between characters on the same account?
    -Where are the Attack/Meditate buttons?
    -How do I gain Attack/Defense levels?
    -What characters are allowed in a name?
    -What's Zhen or a Zhenning party?

Skills and Spiritual Cultivation
    -How do I learn skills?
    -How do I learn Pet Heal/Pet Revive/Tame Pet?
    -How do I teach my Pet skills?
    -Can I rearrange Pet skills?
    -How do I train my manufacturing skills?
    -What are Chi and Spark?
    -What are Demon/Sage or Heaven/Hell?
    -How do I change to a Tiger or Fox?
    -How do Combos/Macros work?

Quests
    -How do I find more quests?
    -I ran out of quests, what do I do now?
    -When do the races get the same quests?
    -How do Dungeons/FB's/Call to Duties/Tabs work?
    -I didn't get anything when I finished my Call to Duty quest, how come?

Item related
    -How do I charge the Accelerate timer on my aerocraft?
    -What are molds and how do I get them?
    -What are Mirage celestones are how does Refining work?
    -How do Soulgems/Shards work?
    -How does gear glow?

Money, trading and the Boutique
    -How do I set up a Cat Shop/Consignment shop?
    -Where do I find Inventory/Safe Extension stones and Cage?
    -How do I make money?
    -How does the Auctioneer and Gold Trading system work?

Class related
    -What class should I pick?
    -What's the best stat/skill build for <classhere>?
    -How do I get a pet?
    -Will my flying speed increase if I'm in tiger form or using Summer Sprint?

Miscellaneous
    -Where is <person/item/monster>?
    -What's the difference between PvP and PvE servers?
    -How do I log out?

but i can't in game i got 1 update or more not!b:cry
  • hossainex
    hossainex Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So if u dont start a quest and outlevel its requirements,do u loose the quest?
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hossainex wrote: »

Yep. I don't know what happens if the quest is ongoing, though. I did have at least one quest vanishing from my quest finder --- you sort of notice it when you are standing next to the NPC 'cause you want to try it, and he doesn't have a quest symbol (and the quest) even though he should. Don't know if I lost any of the active ones as well.

It seems that the really important ones, such as the ones that unlock your skills, do not vanish (either that, or they have a much more reasonable max level requirement).
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • McHawk - Raging Tide
    McHawk - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    krulx wrote: »
    hi guys, im fairly new to this game and didnt really have any probs with it but, im doin the "old warriors regret" quest, and u have to find the ironcutter sword on the wave bearker cliffs and i cant find it,, does anyone know where it is?, if so can the tell me plz
    wow, this one took me forever. its at 628, 167. sword in the stone ^.^
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hossainex wrote: »
    That depends on the quest. Some quests last forever, others only last a few levels.

For example, the "Lone Girl in the Wild" quest is only available from levels 26-40 (see here) then it vanishes, while its subsequent steps, like "A Mysterious Lady" (see here), are all level 26+, and so won't vanish. Most that do end, end on a multiple of 10, so try to get caught up before hitting that next multiple of 10.

If in doubt about a quest, check the PWDB to see what level range it is available for using the quest search.
  • HeavyWizzard - Dreamweaver
    HeavyWizzard - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Where can I find top100/top50/top_whatever of Dreamveawer server? I couldn't find it through the site menu.... Please, help me... b:thanks
  • Aeyya - Dreamweaver
    Aeyya - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    is there any quests in this area besides the first one ? and where do i find the quest givers to kill the crabs and stuff above lv2? on island of broken dreams.
  • verona663
    verona663 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    im a beginner.... how do i start this game???
  • Neko_Natsu - Dreamweaver
    Neko_Natsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hello I have a question too.
    Since I am a sin, I kinda depend a bit on charms at the beginning.
    How do I make myself a charm or where do I get them?

And another Question ^^
    What does it mean to be an executer in a faction?
    Is there a rank system?
  • brockengem
    brockengem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hi
    1st nice F/Q

my problem is this : expand my inventory , i lost the quest , i'm lvl 13 now so from what i read i sould have it but i dont and i can't get it back whent to the right PC etc nothing
    what do i do and how ?
    Thank you in advance
  • sambotoon202
    sambotoon202 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You cannot manufacture HP/MP charms, only attack charms.

Commisioner / Executor / Marshal / Director / Leader

The only power an executor has is the ability to invite new members to the guild.

There isn't a way to expand your inventory through quests, other than the "quest" to buy the expansion stones from the CS.

As for the banker quest to expand to your bank, you should be able to get that from any banker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • cozette517
    cozette517 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How do I log out?
    -Click on the System button in the bottom right, then either select "Return to character selection" or "Return to desktop".

Would be great except all hotbars and system bars are missing from my screen. How do I get them back?
  • Genshiun - Raging Tide
    Genshiun - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm having issues can someone walk me through how to learn new skills...
  • hanibalking656
    hanibalking656 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hello all! Seeing as a lot of questions get asked repeatedly here on beginner's guide, it was about time someone made an FAQ answering all those. So here it is! Obviously, feel free to still ask any question - this FAQ doesn't cover everything.

Table of contents

To quickly move to a section, just click the header.

Character related
    -How do I make a faction?
    -What are the benefits of being in a faction?
    -What's the highest possible level in this game?
    -What are AGI/CON/INT?
    -How do I switch between Clothes and Armor so other people can see them?
    -How do I transfer items between characters on the same account?
    -Where are the Attack/Meditate buttons?
    -How do I gain Attack/Defense levels?
    -What characters are allowed in a name?
    -What's Zhen or a Zhenning party?

Skills and Spiritual Cultivation
    -How do I learn skills?
    -How do I learn Pet Heal/Pet Revive/Tame Pet?
    -How do I teach my Pet skills?
    -Can I rearrange Pet skills?
    -How do I train my manufacturing skills?
    -What are Chi and Spark?
    -What are Demon/Sage or Heaven/Hell?
    -How do I change to a Tiger or Fox?
    -How do Combos/Macros work?

Quests
    -How do I find more quests?
    -I ran out of quests, what do I do now?
    -When do the races get the same quests?
    -How do Dungeons/FB's/Call to Duties/Tabs work?
    -I didn't get anything when I finished my Call to Duty quest, how come?

Item related
    -How do I charge the Accelerate timer on my aerocraft?
    -What are molds and how do I get them?
    -What are Mirage celestones are how does Refining work?
    -How do Soulgems/Shards work?
    -How does gear glow?

Money, trading and the Boutique
    -How do I set up a Cat Shop/Consignment shop?
    -Where do I find Inventory/Safe Extension stones and Cage?
    -How do I make money?
    -How does the Auctioneer and Gold Trading system work?

Class related
    -What class should I pick?
    -What's the best stat/skill build for <classhere>?
    -How do I get a pet?
    -Will my flying speed increase if I'm in tiger form or using Summer Sprint?

Miscellaneous
    -Where is <person/item/monster>?
    -What's the difference between PvP and PvE servers?
    -How do I log out?
    how long does it usually take to download this game?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    how long does it usually take to download this game?

. . depend on your connection speed . .
    if it very fast can be done in less that a hour . .
    if very slow can take few days . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • blairbunny
    blairbunny Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I received the spring water from the trainer but the object is red and wont let me use it. Do I need a pet bag for me to enable usage? Furthermore, where can I find food for my pet? Please and thank you.
  • remnant89110
    remnant89110 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    SKILLS AND SPIRITUAL CULTIVATION

How do I learn skills?
    -You don't learn skills naturally by levelling up in this game, that just unlocks them. You still have to go the trainer of your class in town. The towns that have skill trainers for your class are the 6 big towns and some of the towns you visit before lvl 20. Note that Archosaur, Thousand Streams and Dreamweaver port have all trainers, not just one race.
    To learn skills, you need money and spirit, and, sometimes, the required level of the previous skill. Also, some skills require you to level up your Cultivation level. To do this, finish the Spiritual Cultivation quests, they start with an automatic pop-up to send you to an NPC who starts the actual quest. They're the yellow-named quests, you can't really miss them. Finish one and your Cultivation will go up, allowing you to learn more skills.

How do I learn Pet Heal/Pet Revive/Tame Pet?
    -These are taught by the Pet Skill Trainer. Talk to her and select "Tame Pet" to see the list of available skills. Note that you have to complete the lvl 3 quest "Your pet" to get Pet heal and Pet revive, and the lvl 7 quest "Sacred Beast" to unlock Tame Pet.

How do I teach my Pet skills?
    -For land and air monsters, visit Mrs.Zoologist in Southeast Archosaur, she sells skill books and upgrade skill books for your pet. Use them at any Pet NPC by selecting "Learn Pet Skill". For water monsters, visit Mr.Zoologist, underwater in East Archosaur.

Can I rearrange Pet skills?
    -No, sorry. You could remove them all, then add them again in the order you want them to be, but that's obviously quite costly.

How do I train my manufacturing skills?
    -First off, make sure you've completed the lvl 5 quest for the skill you wish to learn. Talk to an Elder and select "Learn Manufacturing skill" to get level 1 in it using the book you've received (Lost books can be retrieved by talking to the Bookmerchant). To train your Manufacturing, visit the relevant NPC and select the Manufacture option. Select the item you wish to make to see the required materials and manufacturing level for it. When you have everything, you can make the item and receive 10% exp to your manufacturing skill. When you've reached 100%, talk to an Elder to level up your Manufacturing skill.
    Note that to learn level 4 in any manufacturing skill, you have to complete the relevant quest at lvl 50.

What are Chi and Spark?
    -Chi and Spark are required to use certain skills, as indicated in their description. If you finish the lvl 9 cultivation quest, you can start collecting Chi. Any action, like healing, buffing and attacking, will get you Chi. Chi is the yellow bar on your character name, as indicated here.
    When you finish the lvl 29 Cultivation, your Chi capacity rises from 99 to 199. 1 Spark represents 100 Chi. Spark is used for some of the most powerful skills in the game, so use it wisely.

What are Demon/Sage or Heaven/Hell?
    -While doing the lvl 89 Cultivation quest, you have to decide whether to walk the Demon path or the Sage path. When you're finished, your spiritual cultivation will rise to Celestial Demon/Sage depending on your choice. This has a few effects on you, most importantly, your skills will get an added effect, like a chance to restore some Chi, or added damage. Demon is usually more fit for attacking classes, whereas Sage is aimed more at defense.

How do I change to a Tiger or Fox?
    -At lvl 9, after finishing the Spiritual Cultivation for that level, you can learn the morphing skills, assuming you're a Barbarian or Venomancer.

How do Combos/Macros work?
    -In your skill window, there's a create button at the bottom. Press it to open the combo maker window. Drag skills or the attack button to the row there, then add the combo when you're done. You can then use that combo as a regular skill - press the button to initiate it.

Somehow I need to reactivate the Sacred Beast Quest. I completed it without obtaining the Tame Beast command.
  • elorios
    elorios Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hello i
  • Vixennia - Raging Tide
    Vixennia - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Somehow I need to reactivate the Sacred Beast Quest. I completed it without obtaining the Tame Beast command.

At the end of the quest you do not get the skill itself. You get a book in your inventory. You then go the npc that you obtained the quest chain from and from her options choose learn pet related skills. It will then allow you to learn the tame beast skill so long as the book is in your inventory.

This post should really be in the venomancer question section by the way since it's a class specific issue.
  • dijggo
    dijggo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    When you find a weapon (FIND, not buy from merchants), it can have a socket. It clearly says so in the name.

So basically what you are saying is that we cannot upgrade a weapon that we bought or made ourselves?

- Plus fine how do we recognize a socket in a weapon? I mean how do we know it has it?

Thank you in advance!
  • wyldfenix
    wyldfenix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How do you unlock your equipment? Somehow mine got locked and I can't equip anything because of it.
  • autumnblack
    autumnblack Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok this is the most i have found for info on a player, my question ( even if it is a stupid one) is how the heck do i make a character and get into the game. the only place i have found this is where i select edit my avatar and then it tells me to pick one of the class pics below, however there are no pics at all but a black screen. What am i doing wrong? I have installed twice and verified twice that everything is all there and it is confirmed. I have been looking on the forum for an answer for the last 2 hours and have found nothing to help. the home page gives no info what so ever as how to create a charater but plenty on the classes and races, where may i find this? Please help and thank you kindly
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok this is the most i have found for info on a player, my question ( even if it is a stupid one) is how the heck do i make a character and get into the game. the only place i have found this is where i select edit my avatar and then it tells me to pick one of the class pics below, however there are no pics at all but a black screen. What am i doing wrong? I have installed twice and verified twice that everything is all there and it is confirmed. I have been looking on the forum for an answer for the last 2 hours and have found nothing to help. the home page gives no info what so ever as how to create a charater but plenty on the classes and races, where may i find this? Please help and thank you kindly

Have you downloaded the game? Like it really finished....

If you have, the client would be on your desktop....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous