Rate a Character thread. Hot or Not.

Comments

• Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Good points Susylu. For me, most of the time, a lot of my screenshots can be used for for multiple threads. And that REALLY helps knock down the amount of pictures I have to plop on photobucket hahaha. But there's still a place for what you said. I could wait a few days between posts, or eliminate a thread I don't absolutely have to post in, etc etc.

@Draykarna - 4/5 (Giving a lot of 4s lately!) Agreed with Susylu as well about the lips, they seem a bit puckered and small. But as far as the color scheme goes I'm ALWAYS a fan of Drow-like winged elves. <3 And something seems a bit weird about the nose, not sure what though. Maybe just play with it and see. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Same with my screenshots, it can be used for multiple threads thus why I post it there. I mean, does it really matter? Not really. This is the first time someone was actually bothered with it and truthfully, I don't know what to say. I've been doing it for quite some time now and I don't expect to change it anytime soon.

Sure, different screenshots would be nice but I just want to share them, not like it does any harm to anyone.

Like, you don't see a lot of people complain about gigantic pictures in threads anymore because it's just normal, same with this. That's how I view it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    @coco Like i said up there *waves vaguely to thread higher up* it would be awsome if you created a thread where peopel could showcase edited screenshots of their chars. people have tried i guess but meh none really grabbed me

anyways lets get back to rating

@ Draykama 9/10 i like her a lot i like teh colouring contrast with teh makeup. she has a very striking look. not my fave hair though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Same with my screenshots, it can be used for multiple threads thus why I post it there. I mean, does it really matter? Not really. This is the first time someone was actually bothered with it and truthfully, I don't know what to say. I've been doing it for quite some time now and I don't expect to change it anytime soon.

Sure, different screenshots would be nice but I just want to share them, not like it does any harm to anyone.

Like, you don't see a lot of people complain about gigantic pictures in threads anymore because it's just normal, same with this. That's how I view it.

I guess so b:laugh I've always thought since the beginning, "Why are the same ones posted with the same comment in 4 different threads..." but I am one of those people that look at almost every thread so I usually just skip it after seeing the first time. They do look awesome though so I guess it is more than worth posting on multiple threads :)

Anyhoo~ New cleric look again... What you think of this one? I tried a less cute like look

2znsffa.jpg

2vv9p5j.jpg

dvrk3b.jpg
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    usualy i hate this hair AND this makeup btu for soem reaosn everythign works! i reeeally liek her look its a lil differant 9/10

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Gees Susylu, stop making awesome characters that actually look kinda good with my pet peeves! b:chuckle
    Honestly though, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but that CRAZY HEAVY eyeliner seems to.....fit her. *GRABS HEART* Ugh...hold on.......must recover.

......*coughs* Okay, 3.5/5 I absolutely adore how she looks in the profile shot. But maybe making the lips just a little wider, as well as the nostrils - not too much though - will help the front view. Oh and to make sure I keep my reputation intact....maybe try to make the eyebrows black as well? b:chuckle

Edit: Whoops! I missed Xtreme!

@Xtreme - 3.5/5 He has a very dramatic/emo rock band look, but it actually doesn't look unattractive. For what it is, I'm liking the shadow you chose for the eyes quite alot. When making male characters I always struggle making the eyes stand out. Here you did that very well; his face is original and expressive. There are only two things I'm not a fan of; how pale he is and his eyebrow shape. I think he'd look even better with a bit tanner skin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    usualy i hate this hair AND this makeup btu for soem reaosn everythign works! i reeeally liek her look its a lil differant 9/10
    Gees Susylu, stop making awesome characters that actually look kinda good with my pet peeves! b:chuckle
    Honestly though, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but that CRAZY HEAVY eyeliner seems to.....fit her. *GRABS HEART* Ugh...hold on.......must recover.

......*coughs* Okay, 3.5/5 I absolutely adore how she looks in the profile shot. But maybe making the lips just a little wider, as well as the nostrils - not too much though - will help the front view. Oh and to make sure I keep my reputation intact....maybe try to make the eyebrows black as well? b:chuckle

b:laugh Thanks. I've actually really liked this hair (reminds me of xxxHolic lol) but it is something that gets tiring and odd a lot. Also I will try making those changes Llux thank you b:thanks
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As Llux said, it's mostly because different people view the threads. It's not really for attention. Never thought of it that way, actually. It's more like "I took some time to take screenshots and I just want people to see them". It's nice to get feedback from different people from those three threads.

If you don't like it, then that's not anyone's problem. I really don't see what's the problem with it. I know I'm not the only one who does it.

i have to agree with eoria, its insanely anoying to see a bunch of pics spammed onto several different topics, i dont no where u got the idea of *different people only check certain threads*, thats most likely your theory, which is most likely, wrong.

just post your pics onto one thread, i my self, check all the threads that are stickied here, i just post when i feel the need, like now for example, im just betting alot of ppl cba to go on at every tool here that posts there several pictures on different threads cos no1 will listen and think exactly what you said.
    If you don't like it, then that's not anyone's problem. I really don't see what's the problem with it. I know I'm not the only one who does it.

and some1 else said nearly the same thing:
    Sorry it annoys you, but honestly I don't find it that annoying at all when I see others do it.
    I've been guilty of this as well, but now that I think about it I've been trying to post different pictures for each thread because it is kinda annoying.

It's true that different people view different threads but - everyone checks a certain thread for a certain reason. If people check the rating thread, they expect to be rated/rate others. If people check the fashion thread, they expect to see screenshots related to fashion.

atleast someone can realize its anoying, its still spam regardless of *the reason*, if like you said, you post different screenys of your char on each thread id find that cool, if im looking at the same thing on 3 threads, im like...seriously?
    ill say that maby a small amount of ppl only check certain threads, alot of people like my self check them all, may not post on them alot, but i still check.

anyway, its like following the sheep, one sheep moves forward with the herder, so does the rest, you or others that spam there pictures on several different threads may not see how its annoying, but it sure as hell is, i aint trying to be a jackass or anything, just stating a point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Aw I wish we could have let this rest.

All well.

Now it's all coming down to the definition of spam. For me, I posted the same images only twice (in one thread, and then in another). I think calling that spam is a bit jumping the gun. Annoyance at my posting images more than once Does.Not.Make.It.Spam. Spam is posting/sending something in bulk and doing so indiscriminately. Indiscriminately meaning without reason, everywhere, anywhere; like not caring what the thread's topic is about. It's like posting Demotivationals in threads over and over again that do not even apply to the original topic.

So that's where amount (aka: images in threads) and the reason for posting them do come in, and does matter. When I think of spam I think of a much larger amount than just twice or three times, AND with the motivation to annoy/be obnoxious.

So again, I think reason does play a part in calling it spam or not; as well as the amount.
    A small amount of repetitive images do not mean spam, especially if they DO apply to the thread's topics. And based on said topics; the images COULD get different feedback for different reasons.

I have my reasons that I post the same images in more than one thread, like I said, and I think they are valid and understandable. I have not done it excessively either. I honestly don't mind seeing images over again in different threads, it's not that excessive to me, especially if they are nice pictures.
    If I didn't have important reasons that I minimize my image storing/keeping I would make a greater effort to not do that since some people are annoyed. But since I do, I can't promise I won't do it again, especially since I don't believe it's spam.

Regardless though, I will make an effort to be more conservative (even though I already think I have been/I already tried to be...since it was only two threads with the same pictures and they were all valid in the thread's topic.) Like I responded to Susylu:
    But there's still a place for what you said. I could wait a few days between posts, or eliminate a thread I don't absolutely have to post in, etc etc.

Compromise my dear Holmes, Compromise. *takes out monocle and puts it up to eye*
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    just because in my post i quoted you, diddnt necessarily mean i was simply refering to you, actualy i dont think i can remember your screenys anyway, i remember coco's the most simply because of the amount of pictures she shows, then repeats them on 1 or 2 other threads all the time, basicly my point was, lots of people do it, not you and 2 other ppl i quoted.

id like to add that spamming can have many definitions, not just what ever you picked up from the internet dictionary, spamming can simply mean posting the same lines of writing accross multiple threads when theres simply no need, as long as we can see it on 1 thread thats fine, repeating it across other threads, thats spamming, ive even seen threads either being locked or the person told not to do that on a few occasions when they posted something on 1 thread, then made there own thread repeating the exact set of writing that we already had seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010

id like to add that spamming can have many definitions, not just what ever you picked up from the internet dictionary, spamming can simply mean posting the same lines of writing accross multiple threads when theres simply no need, as long as we can see it on 1 thread thats fine, repeating it across other threads, thats spamming, ive even seen threads either being locked or the person told not to do that on a few occasions when they posted something on 1 thread, then made there own thread repeating the exact set of writing that we already had seen.

Many? True, but I think my definition was a nice basic form of what excessive spamming is and how it applies here in the screenshot thread. *shruuug*

I've only seen that where their images or information have been off topic/didn't apply, and were very excessive in manner. (Again, I still haven't seen anything in the Screenshots section that I personally find excessive...but then again I have been gone for a little bit.)
    All well, we'll agree to disagree. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    *reaches for fire extinguisher* uhoh....
    on a side note i liked renzas post and agreed with it

yup guys imma back!

• Llux - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Heehee~ Somebody else post a character! Quick! D:

*nudges Renza* ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Okay...so a little blast from the past for me. These are some of my characters from MY-EN.

Charybdis:

20090601233641.png

Dita before transfig:

20080826193054.png

Dita after transfig:

20090601002711.png

Oizys:

20100106202530.png

Rate. Review. Whatever floats your boat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Damn, I see why people left MY-EN. Graphics are bull****.

But anyhow. For all three images i'll give it...7/10.

The last one is the best one since it actually shows real body figures and not some "Oh look at me I binge so much I am under a size -5" >.>.....that image is what gives you the extra points.

If it was just the first few images it would be a 1/10.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    just because in my post i quoted you, diddnt necessarily mean i was simply refering to you, actualy i dont think i can remember your screenys anyway, i remember coco's the most simply because of the amount of pictures she shows, then repeats them on 1 or 2 other threads all the time, basicly my point was, lots of people do it, not you and 2 other ppl i quoted.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one as you said plus, screenshots can be viewed in different ways, this why I post them in different threads. As you said, spamming can be seen in different ways, but if it was considered spamming, it would have been addressed a long time ago or the threads would have been locked already. But it's been more than a year since I've been doing that so I don't think it's spam. But that's just my opinion, and you have yours and I respect that.

Eoria - Your screenshots remind me so much when PWI had anti-aliasing on the hair making the ends smooth. b:surrender I guess I'm used to these ones now since I regularly use the wigs anyways.
    Charybdis - 6/10 Her eyeshadow is too strong compared to the rest of her face but it does draw attention to her eyes. Also, she seems a bit skinny but maybe it's just the screenshot.
    Dita (Before) - 5/10 I can't really see her face well enough but I do like the tanned skin tone.
    Dita (After) - 8/10 I like her simplicity and I just like purple vixen wraps.
    Oizys - 4/10 The lip colour isn't my thing. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2010

But anyhow. For all three images i'll give it...7/10.

The last one is the best one since it actually shows real body figures and not some "Oh look at me I binge so much I am under a size -5" >.>.....that image is what gives you the extra points.

If it was just the first few images it would be a 1/10.

These screens are from a very long time ago. All of them are over a year old. Had I bothered to go on MY-EN now and turn up the graphics all the way, they would look the same as PWI's.

Also, it's probably the angle. The first three are all at angle while the last is front-on.

BTW, this is a fantasy game. Why are we going on about real body figures?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Vraii - Sanctuary
    Vraii - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    BTW, this is a fantasy game. Why are we going on about real body figures?

Hahaha, I've had to say this to quite a few people in the past about my cleric because almost all of her traits are as small as possible. I figure she's an elf, what do you expect?

Anyway, here are some pics of my sin :)
    SHpDdl.jpg
    Mq7PLl.jpg
    XKa8Jl.jpg
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    @Vraii - Wow I realy love your sins design. Realy pretty O_O Looove everything about it 5/5. Love the skin colour and the hair colour. Love the shape of the eyes and mouth =)
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Eoria-
    Charybdis: 2/5 Really don't like the hair and makeup colors, and can't see how the face comes together too well.
    Dita After: 5/5 actually! She's very pretty and I can't find anything I don't like about her face.
    Oizys: 3/5 I like the hair but can't get a really good handle on her face either.

Vraii - 6/5! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful face! The skin color goes very well with the hair and the eyes pop with the blue shell. Also love that fashion to death, all the proportions come together really nice as well. She has such pretty, full features.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • MorningGlory - Raging Tide
    MorningGlory - Raging Tide Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Considering that I have a scroll sitting in my bank I'm debating changing my main a tad. If I did I have no clue what I'd do so I figured I'd post her here and see what you all think ^.^ criticize plzz

morn-1.jpg

Top Left short hair close up
    Bottom Left what she looks like with out any fash
    Center long hair close up
    Far Right entire char shot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Born on DreamWeaver. Raised on Raging Tides.
    Vacation on Archosaur. Hiding in Momaganon.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010

lol pw-my is the exact same game as this, graphics are the exact same on the client, that persons screenys though, that's because its on the lowest settings with most likely a bad graphics card.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one as you said plus, screenshots can be viewed in different ways, this why I post them in different threads. As you said, spamming can be seen in different ways, but if it was considered spamming, it would have been addressed a long time ago or the threads would have been locked already. But it's been more than a year since I've been doing that so I don't think it's spam. But that's just my opinion, and you have yours and I respect that.

you got the wrong idea of what I said, I mean that I notice yours the most since you put your characters up quite often, then put them onto 1-2 other threads that are on this section, not saying your the only one lol, but yea it isnt a fully spam of course as both threads are based that are stickied here are praticly the same subject anyway, still would be better if you only posted on one and hopefully others, at a time with the same screen shots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol pw-my is the exact same game as this, graphics are the exact same on the client, that persons screenys though, that's because its on the lowest settings with most likely a bad graphics card.

you got the wrong idea of what I said, I mean that I notice yours the most since you put your characters up quite often, then put them onto 1-2 other threads that are on this section, not saying your the only one lol, but yea it isnt a fully spam of course as both threads are based that are stickied here are praticly the same subject anyway, still would be better if you only posted on one and hopefully others, at a time with the same screen shots.

glad you posted before I said anything >.>

Cause I play on crappy settings since arch = lag hell with anything higher =.=
    and my dude looks about 20x's better than those pics. Add in the fact I got a few female char's (Sin and cleric.) I can see a clear difference in the images. So it made me have to go "Wtf...."
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Considering that I have a scroll sitting in my bank I'm debating changing my main a tad. If I did I have no clue what I'd do so I figured I'd post her here and see what you all think ^.^ criticize plzz

Could you possibly post better screenshots of her showing more of her face? b:question

From what I could see I like the colors you used, but other than that I can't make out any features on her. b:surrender
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    glad you posted before I said anything >.>

Cause I play on crappy settings since arch = lag hell with anything higher =.=
    and my dude looks about 20x's better than those pics. Add in the fact I got a few female char's (Sin and cleric.) I can see a clear difference in the images. So it made me have to go "Wtf...."

I am using a **** laptop with a **** graphics card. It's all I have.

This is about the best I can do graphic-wise:

contest1.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• amberis
    amberis Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    mmmmmmm 4/5 :) this is my veno :)))) afetr werry mutch makeovers XD
    myalt.jpg
  • MorningGlory - Raging Tide
    MorningGlory - Raging Tide Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Could you possibly post better screenshots of her showing more of her face? b:question

From what I could see I like the colors you used, but other than that I can't make out any features on her. b:surrender

Sure ^ last time I use MS Paint lol xD
    I'll post them when I hit lunch lol (reads forums when shes bored at work) ^.^

Edit: Here they are
    Close up
    First
    Second
    Third
    Fourth

From the previous post
    First
    Second
    And I cant find the other two but ill keep looking lol -so many screen shots to look thro-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Born on DreamWeaver. Raised on Raging Tides.
    Vacation on Archosaur. Hiding in Momaganon.
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Eoria 7/10 pretty but WAY too skinny
    Amberis 8/10 pretty but i dont like the eyes they are too thin

DORSETCHANGE.jpg

meh figured seeing as i have changed dorset ill stick her up seeing what people thinhk. her side profile has been changed and her hairstyle

yup guys imma back!

• TrueAminta - Lost City
    TrueAminta - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    dorset 8/10 like it but dont like the eyes to much

2010-10-2619-29-36.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TrueAminta- healer, TrueNicor- psy, TrueAzaril- veno
    LostCity- Leader of EvilWithN
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Here's some lengthy, rather descriptive ratings if you care to read ...

Vraii: I likes that tatto/eyemakeup for your sin. Very nice fashion choice and color choices, like the color of her eyes. If anything were to change, I think it might have not been a bad idea to have her hair a little lighter/darker to make a distinction, and her head a little less squarish to give her more a refined look. 9/10

Eoria: Big head characters are cute, but in her case I wish she was a little more proportioned, just because I get more of a serene impression of her. That being said though, I really can't find anything I would change about her facial features... except that if I keep looking at her I get kinda freaked out like she's staring straight into me reading my thoughts xD 8/10

amberis: I've rated you before, but I still think her pupils are still too small... That hasn't really changed through all your makeovers, and I guess I am guilty of being a bug eye lover. b:laugh It might also be the screenshot being in the night time but I don't think that nude lip color is really working too well. Besides those 2 small points, I find her very well made. 8/10

MorningGlory: I like her, but at the same time I don't. It's not that she's not pretty, just that she has this haughty look (?). Colors are great, I love tan blondes... might be just that her eyes are too far apart for the size of her nose.. idk. The eye style choice was great, using that fold over the eyes - don't see many doing that and it looks nice! 8/10

Dorset: Just a comment - she looks like she walked out of those fashion magazines/shows that try to sell a look, the ones with super expensive clothes that no one would wear but look cool anyways b:laugh

TrueAminta: I think her nose is a little long, but that if she were to lose that she wouldn't have that look. What look? The look of a spoiled princess or a high ranking military lady general who knows how to take control... 8/10

Makeover I did that I'm still trying to get use to - Before and After.

9qux6s.jpg

23h51rk.jpg