Phoenix banned in MY-EN from TWs?

Options
some1intheworld
some1intheworld Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
K,so I've been informed by some ppl that phoenix and mby herc too got banned from TW in the MY-EN version.After I heard this I asked more and more ppl and I got some saying the same thing or others who didn't know but no1 denied it

So can any1 confirm this? I'd like to know for sure cuz if they did that there they'll surely do it here too even if it may take a while and I woudn't wanna be like "YAY finnally the TWs will not be about who has the most phoenixes win's"
for nothing.

Also if it's true is it just for TW or for pk too? Cuz it would be nice to be for both .Despite being on a pve server I love pk, *<< is always in pk mode* I kill w/o mercy and I don't complain getting pked ,ganged like some lame ppl do even tho pk mode is optional here. Heh atleast u can sneak atack the veno in pk,but at TW it's a whole different story....the phoenix just need's to be banned from it.

PS:Stop complaning about getting pked when u'r in pk mode on a pve server u r-tards why do u even turn pk mode on if u can't handle the carnage.
Post edited by some1intheworld on

Comments

• Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    An old MY player told me that they never were "banned", just couldnt use because you couldnt fly there. And you cant call flying pets on those places.
    But now PWMY has flying enabled on TW too.

Again, i could be wrong, dont quote me on this.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    K,so I've been informed by some ppl that phoenix and mby herc too got banned from TW in the MY-EN version.After I heard this I asked more and more ppl and I got some saying the same thing or others who didn't know but no1 denied it

So can any1 confirm this? I'd like to know for sure cuz if they did that there they'll surely do it here too even if it may take a while and I woudn't wanna be like "YAY finnally the TWs will not be about who has the most phoenixes win's"
    for nothing.

Also if it's true is it just for TW or for pk too? Cuz it would be nice to be for both .Despite being on a pve server I love pk, *<< is always in pk mode* I kill w/o mercy and I don't complain getting pked ,ganged like some lame ppl do even tho pk mode is optional here. Heh atleast u can sneak atack the veno in pk,but at TW it's a whole different story....the phoenix just need's to be banned from it.

PS:Stop complaning about getting pked when u'r in pk mode on a pve server u r-tards why do u even turn pk mode on if u can't handle the carnage.

**** waiting for them to be banned, just call N0ob. He can kill 7x venomancers you know!
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Heleina - Sanctuary
    Heleina - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    An old MY player told me that they never were "banned", just couldnt use because you couldnt fly there. And you cant call flying pets on those places.
    But now PWMY has flying enabled on TW too.

Again, i could be wrong, dont quote me on this.

PW-PH also had flying disabled since its inception in July of '07. As of November '08, flying in TW is still disabled and with it flying pets are also unable to be summoned.

There are two sides to this, in my opinion.

As a PLAYER, I have disliked the option of being able to fly in PWI. The strategies when you include flying drastically change and I think the map and TW mechanics do not make for a good fight. My major gripe is it is too easy to get into enemy fortress and vice versa if one is able to fly. If flying was disabled there are only 5 ways to get in - the three gates and the two rocks in between those 3 gates that you can double jump from. Flying enables any squad to get into the wall from anywhere.

As a VENOMANCER, I liked the option of being able to fly in PWI. WHY? If you have ever played in servers where flying was disabled you would know how frustrating it is for venos to fight inside it. Land pets get stuck more often than not when moving from the raised land masses in between the paths. Resummoning in mid-battle is a waste of time and effectiveness for venos. And venos capacity to kill greatly diminishes without their pet.

I think the point made by the original poster is moot here about phoenixes. It's not about phoenixes, its about flying in TW that enables the use of flying pets. If they do disable flying in TWs, they better fix pet pathing inside the TW map.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Dont really care about flying people, you can deal with flying people just aswell as you could handle land people, just the walls become a weak obstacle, but towers are still there and have a wide attack range on air that some people ignore. On top of that, flying players do half damage, so i prefer them flying and believe they are doing "DPS" than on ground.

About the phoenix, ALL they have to do is fix that damned flesh ream bug and everybody is happy again. Other flying pets dont bother me as much, but phoenix attack is way too high and the skill bug is exploited to extreme with them.
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    no flying = veno got pwned ....looking 4ward to it b:bye
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well I can't say I would enjoy flying being disabled since I believe it's alot more fun fighting both ground and air.BUT!.....here we reach a dilema:

1) - It would be unfair to the venos not to be able to use some of they'r pets ,however I don't see how much of a nerf this is since u'd prefer to use ground pets vs players on the ground anyway.

Now if u compare this to option no2......

2) - It is alot more unfair for them to use the devastating very "hard to do" 2 click combo:click enemy player,click flesh ream on phoenix = job done,time to repeat action again and again and again.

The best thing would be to just remove phoenixes from TW atleast if not pk also and everything should be balanced as it was.But if they didn't do this in other versions of PW I guess it won't be happening here wich,in that case even tho' I'd hate flying removed from TW,it's better than running from a pet just like running from 3-5 players.
  • PahThePKK - Lost City
    PahThePKK - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    well its not wrong what u say but think about it.. who have phoenix is becouse played alot or spend alot of money.. soo i think if some one spend 250$ + for a pet.. shuld get the max of it anywhere... dont u think it?
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    well its not wrong what u say but think about it.. who have phoenix is becouse played alot or spend alot of money.. soo i think if some one spend 250$ + for a pet.. shuld get the max of it anywhere... dont u think it?

250$ pets that **** 700$ armor?

Everybody who says you pay alot for the pheonix so you should ****... you should just seriously shut the **** up.

250$ isnt even alot, for what it does it should be 1k +
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Oh its always the same thing from other classes.

"Oh no venos can kill me as fast as I normally kill them making it actually more balanced because I don't have a huge advantage over them like normal. They are overpowered!"

Classes like archers can kill a veno in 1-2 hits from a huge distance. Now a veno can kill an archer in 1-2 hits as well. How is that unfair?
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Oh its always the same thing from other classes.

"Oh no venos can kill me as fast as I normally kill them making it actually more balanced because I don't have a huge advantage over them like normal. They are overpowered!"

Classes like archers can kill a veno in 1-2 hits from a huge distance. Now a veno can kill an archer in 1-2 hits as well. How is that unfair?
    So the easiest class to level should be able to kill anyone, not just archers, equal to their level? God forbid someone has an advantage over a veno.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    So the easiest class to level should be able to kill anyone, not just archers, equal to their level? God forbid someone has an advantage over a veno.

Anyone can kill venos just as easy so I don't see the problem. Leveling speed has nothing to do with pvp. PvE and PvP are 2 totally different things. Keep them seperate.

If you want to talk about overpowered I can do the same thing. In one TW I had just put up bramble hood (75% damage reduction from all attacks) I had full hp and a barb 1 shotted me.
    Main characters
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Anyone can kill venos just as easy so I don't see the problem. Leveling speed has nothing to do with pvp. PvE and PvP are 2 totally different things. Keep them seperate.

If you want to talk about overpowered I can do the same thing. In one TW I had just put up bramble hood (75% damage reduction from all attacks) I had full hp and a barb 1 shotted me.

Are you robe or something? Heavy venos can be one of the hardest classes to kill, and at level 89 with hell fox form they gain a MAJOR move speed boost which can be used to run away from basically anything. All a veno has to do to kill an archer is send phoenix after it while running away. I'm starting to think you're PWI's #1 worst veno or something.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    A veno that has to run away and send in their pet is a coward. Simple as that. Also, a heavy armor veno follows the same rule as any other heavy armor. Weak vs magic. Lets not forget that to wear that heavy armor a venos damage is greatly reduced, making them quite worthless.
    Main characters
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    A veno that has to run away and send in their pet is a coward. Simple as that. Also, a heavy armor veno follows the same rule as any other heavy armor. Weak vs magic. Lets not forget that to wear that heavy armor a venos damage is greatly reduced, making them quite worthless.

And a veno that stands still is just stupid and dies in few hits.

True, you lose dmg if going heavy armor, but kiting isnt cowardice, its smart playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Weak vs magic.
    And phoenixes can **** robe users in half a second.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    thom wrote: »
    And a veno that stands still is just stupid and dies in few hits.

True, you lose dmg if going heavy armor, but kiting isnt cowardice, its smart playing.

A good veno will not be pet dependent. They can kill fine without one. I don't know about you but when I'm in TW even if someone kills my pet I take down a few more people before I go down. I'm not so weak that I need to hide behind it.b:bye
    Main characters
  • thom
    edited January 2009
    Options
    A good veno will not be pet dependent. They can kill fine without one. I don't know about you but when I'm in TW even if someone kills my pet I take down a few more people before I go down. I'm not so weak that I need to hide behind it.b:bye

Rofl completely off the point. Point wasn't can you kill, point was that kiting isnt cowardice,just smart playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Rofl completely off the point. Point wasn't can you kill, point was that kiting isnt cowardice,just smart playing.

A veno that always runs the moment they are in danger will never get anything done. They are 100% pet dependent and quite useless in a TW. Every time I watch a veno do that they die 2 seconds later.
    Main characters
  • thom
    edited January 2009
    Options
    A veno that always runs the moment they are in danger will never get anything done. They are 100% pet dependent and quite useless in a TW. Every time I watch a veno do that they die 2 seconds later.

Again, wasnt talking about always running, talking about kiting and not standing still and surviving in pvp with that. Try it outside TW where you dont have tons of guildies to take the hits before you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Anyone that tries that is my first target which is why they die so fast. :p

Plus staying at a distance only helps out archers. They like it when you do that.
    Main characters
  • thom
    edited January 2009
    Options

Plus staying at a distance only helps out archers. They like it when you do that.

Lol you have no clue about kiting then. :)

And yes,with archers its always close range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Lol you have no clue about kiting then. :)

And yes,with archers its always close range.

In the last game I played I was able to have 50+ monsters all chasing me at once and me being able to kill everyone of them at once while never getting hit. That's how I leveled and I did it totally alone. It was fun when they were ranged. Oh did I mention they were often 50+ levels higher than me as well? 1 hit and I die. Try to say I don't know about kiting.b:bye
    Main characters
  • thom
    edited January 2009
    Options
    In the last game I played I was able to have 50+ monsters all chasing me at once and me being able to kill everyone of them at once while never getting hit. That's how I leveled and I did it totally alone. It was fun when they were ranged. Oh did I mention they were often 50+ levels higher than me as well? 1 hit and I die. Try to say I don't know about kiting.b:bye

Well thats a completely different game. And yes,by your answers,you really dont sound like you know about it.

Good for you if you do. Reflect it on your answers then :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • zarri
    zarri Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Anyone who tries it is your first target? I really wanna see you outside in map at pvp server to survive. Maybe you wouldn't speak so much **** then. Of course you don't need to depend on pet in TW. There is a hell lot of ppl to stir the pot! But when you are alone the situation is very different.

And about that veno is a coward if she runs..well rolf! Who idiot just stand there to get hits! You can run a bit, spam a spell etc, it only needs some playing skills nothing more.
  • zarri
    zarri Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Oh and what might have you been playing i wonder. But hey this is a different game! What you have done in somewhere else doesn't even matter anything.

Sorry but this sounds like you just couldnt replay anything wise to this matter and just try to desperately make up something b:chuckle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    zarri wrote: »
    Anyone who tries it is your first target? I really wanna see you outside in map at pvp server to survive. Maybe you wouldn't speak so much **** then. Of course you don't need to depend on pet in TW. There is a hell lot of ppl to stir the pot! But when you are alone the situation is very different.

And about that veno is a coward if she runs..well rolf! Who idiot just stand there to get hits! You can run a bit, spam a spell etc, it only needs some playing skills nothing more.

Well lets see here. Here is some proof. Tiger form runs very fast, catches up to veno. Blademasters have a buff that gives them a huge speed boost, catches up to veno, plus a ranged attack or 2. Other classes are ranged so if the veno can cast on you, they can hit the veno. Sorry your logic is flawedb:bye
    zarri wrote: »
    Oh and what might have you been playing i wonder. But hey this is a different game! What you have done in somewhere else doesn't even matter anything.

Sorry but this sounds like you just couldnt replay anything wise to this matter and just try to desperately make up something b:chuckle

Oh I'm sorry if you are mad that you can't hope to kite as well as I can. You play a wizard with your gush or whatever. You kite one monster at a time at your own level while I kite 50+ while they are over 50 levels higher than me and will kill me in 1 hit if they hit me. What I did in another game matters quite a bit considering its the exact same thing.b:bye
    Main characters
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well lets see here. Here is some proof. Tiger form runs very fast, catches up to veno. Blademasters have a buff that gives them a huge speed boost, catches up to veno, plus a ranged attack or 2. Other classes are ranged so if the veno can cast on you, they can hit the veno. Sorry your logic is flawed bye

Hell fox form runs as fast as the phoenix flies, which is faster than any of what you mentioned. However, this is off-topic.

Oh I'm sorry if you are mad that you can't hope to kite as well as I can. You play a wizard with your gush or whatever. You kite one monster at a time at your own level while I kite 50+ while they are over 50 levels higher than me and will kill me in 1 hit if they hit me. What I did in another game matters quite a bit considering its the exact same thing.b:bye[/QUOTE]

Also off-topic. And if you think a wizard can kite with Gush in PvP, I think you need to recheck a few things.

A phoenix can kill me, light armour, or in robes, in half a second. I don't exhaggerate. Phoenix venos can wipe out entire parties solo, as well. Running away and being pet-dependant may be cowardice, but they stay alive, and in the end, I'm the one that's dead. This is a game; pride, and honour don't matter here. All that matters is the end result.

The phoenix itself is an amazing pet... ripping bite, or Ream Flesh, is the only overpowered aspect. It's rather horrible, in my opinion, that guild chat usually consists of people bragging about "surviving" the skill. Surviving one pet skill seems like a problem to me.

You have a good point that while you're a 1shot to other classes, you should be able to do the same. However, your logic is flawed. You wouldn't be a 1shot if you were in Light Armour, like other foxes. In fact, you'd have great survivability. And you'd still be able to 1shot people. Other classes can't get high damage without sacrificing survivability, so why should foxes get both survivability, and high power?
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I started as light armor. I actually died faster than I do now with robes since I had no hp to speak of. When I added vit to make up for it I wasn't able to use any good weapons for my level so my damage got even worse.
    Main characters
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    No u can still use fly pet as phoenix on MY-EN in TW. So many rumors about phoenix on MY-En and PW-CN thats just not true in 99% of the cases lol. Its like "my friends girlfriends brother plays on Chinese server and he says phoenix been nerfed only do 10% dmg nao..."
    Flying is here to stay in TW and phoenix is a flying pet simple as that.
    But i do know Perfect World International has reported the skill flesh ream and phoenix attack, as they feel it does to much dmg.

And i am sure everyone agrees (besides venos) that 1 single pet skill should not be enough to kill another player on same lvl or higher. But that dont mean anything will change since developers in Beijing cant even bother fixing the charcoil mines.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I love how Zoe is destroying the previous records for the most stupid things I've read on these forums.
    A veno that has to run away and send in their pet is a coward.
    A good veno will not be pet dependent.

What'll she say next, who knows! "A good cleric should never heal themselves in PVP?" perhaps? Or maybe "A good Blademaster doesn't use stuns"!
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror