"New" Suggestion Compilation thread!

Options

Comments

• gjinja
    gjinja Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    there are certain this i would really like.

first of which is the have swimming and flying speed display properly in the character screen.

second is for untamed to be able to change gear while in morph form.

and third and most important:

have the psychics and response system work.

if a monster stats their (melee) attack with me in range, the attack shouldn't hit if by the time he swings in 20 feet away.

and movement response time. if i tell my archer to move... i dont want him to stand still and wait 2 more second to finish fire his shot before he turns and runs. i want the move command to cancel the attack and have him move when i tell him too.

also when i kill a monster its attack should be canceled. im frequently getting hit 1 extra time by monster i have already killed

Amen to that...

Also I can't believe I didn't see "Fix the forum search function so it actually searches for what one types in..." in that list. I may be relatively new to PW but I'm not to forums & I've yet to get a result that wasn't at least 200+ threads & the first 25 I looked at had nothing to do with what I searched for...

or am I the only one that has this problem?
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some parts of the Beginner's Guide in Game Info (written by the website designers, not the one in the forums written by players) on the website don't reflect recent updates. The Genie guide doesn't say that the genies also gain experience passively with your character, or that you're allowed to fly in Territory Wars. Fix this, please?

Edited for clarity because IceJazmin accused me of having bad manners, which made me feel bad. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • Nyura - Dreamweaver
    Nyura - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Genie - Lower the time it takes to go into Trade-Ready State to about 24hrs instead of 7 days, its just ridiculous of having to wait that long.

Also when you refresh the faction to see who's online, to also have it refresh people's level so you don't have to log off then get back on.
    Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some parts of the Beginner's Guide on the website don't reflect recent updates. The Genie guide doesn't say that the genies also gain experience passively with your character, or that you're allowed to fly in Territory Wars. Fix this!

I recommend you read this

http://www.goodmanners.com/

It may help with your bad manners issues. The guides were writen by players, in their own time. If you have an issue with some of the content, I am sure you can find a way to post on the thread and correct the issues. There is no need to be rude.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I recommend you read this

http://www.goodmanners.com/

It may help with your bad manners issues. The guides were writen by players, in their own time. If you have an issue with some of the content, I am sure you can find a way to post on the thread and correct the issues. There is no need to be rude.

Huh?

o.O

What?

OOOH! No I wasn't at all referring to the forum beginner's guides. I was referring to the official website. You know the one none of us read anymore because we know how to play. I'm sorry if I misled you. But if you click on Game Info at the top of the website and go to Beginner's Guide, it'll give you a layout of everything a beginner needs to know. Most of it is quite accurate. But some minor pieces of information, like what I listed, are missing. I think the website designers just need to go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure everything's up to date. It's a small issue but it still annoys me that some poor beginner will think you can't fly in TW.

Sorry about the confusion! So allow me to rephrase my suggestion:

Some parts of the Beginner's Guide in Game Info (written by the website designers, not the one in the forums written by players) on the website don't reflect recent updates. The Genie guide doesn't say that the genies also gain experience passively with your character, or that you're allowed to fly in Territory Wars. Fix this!

So now that that's out of the way, I'll have you know my manners are impeccable. :D

Although I did forget to say please. My bad. ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Huh?

o.O

What?

OOOH! No I wasn't at all referring to the forum beginner's guides. I was referring to the official website. You know the one none of us read anymore because we know how to play. I'm sorry if I misled you. But if you click on Game Info at the top of the website and go to Beginner's Guide, it'll give you a layout of everything a beginner needs to know. Most of it is quite accurate. But some minor pieces of information, like what I listed, are missing. I think the website designers just need to go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure everything's up to date. It's a small issue but it still annoys me that some poor beginner will think you can't fly in TW.

Sorry about the confusion! So allow me to rephrase my suggestion:

Some parts of the Beginner's Guide in Game Info (written by the website designers, not the one in the forums written by players) on the website don't reflect recent updates. The Genie guide doesn't say that the genies also gain experience passively with your character, or that you're allowed to fly in Territory Wars. Fix this!

So now that that's out of the way, I'll have you know my manners are impeccable. :D

Although I did forget to say please. My bad. ><

I am glad it at least made you re-read your post and make it more clear.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • _Crones_ - Heavens Tear
    _Crones_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i thik we need to have some sort of ingame vent for when your squaded andwhen you are in faction so people can talk to others instead of typing incase your a barb cleric or veno healing or tanking and cant type because you could cause a partywipe :|
  • gjinja
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Here's something, always having to click the chat box EVERY time (even after you just typed in it) in order to NOT pull up 4-5 character/item/stat/info windows would be a huge plus I'm thinking... it's annoying at best when you're trying to communicate & coordinate with your squad to have to click the box before you type again in the middle of it all.

just a thought...
  • jerrick5883
    jerrick5883 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This game would be playable with some control options:

- Auto targeting (Tab key)
    - Rebind keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - Invert Mouse option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - Ability to move with Arrow keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - Doublejump on the mounts
    - The ability to stop casting simply by moving. I.E. Movement Interrupts Spell
    - Right click to deselect
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think every class should get a skill called "All Class Assist" that allows the player to throw an all class pet at a mob for dmg or in an archers case shoot it at a mob with a ranged weapon. It will give people a reason to have all class pets other than just for show.
  • Sir_josh - Sanctuary
    Sir_josh - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hmm... how bout archers can attack while moving?
  • coleminor3
    coleminor3 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't know how many of you are familiar with a game called Never Winter Nights.. Now that game is freakin crazzzzy! It rocks for real lol.. But so does perfect world, in a different way.. so check this...

In [removed], or [removed]... There are ALOT more classes of chrs.. For instance, of your main classes, you have wizard, sorcerer, cleric, druid, barb, fighter, paladin, and so on.. theres alot... and then you can actually mix up to 3 of them.. You could be a fighter/cleric, or a pure wizard, or a wizard/monk, or a fighter/cleric/monk, or watever u want.. and u can choose to have however many levels of each you want... Then theres other classes that have requirements, like necromancer, where you have to have 1 or 2 of the main classes and certain ability points and skills to become.. These classes are called prestige classes.. Now i wouldn't say to take their whole idea and all.. but it makes gameplay crazyyyy! Also in that game, if you want to destroy a chr, there is a banker that will take all the xp from ur chr that ur destroying, and allow you to make a new chr from scratch, and you only get back like 75% of your xp or somethin, so a lvl 40, would be like a lvl 32 or something..., does not have a cash shop, at least not since i played it last..

I really like perfect world, but i think it needs more than just a couple new classes, and i think you need to have the ability to mix those classes, this would create endless unique toons, and a whole new level of strategy to the game..
  • Bijorin - Dreamweaver
    Bijorin - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This has probably been suggested before, but maybe new animal forms for humanoid Untamed? Like gorilla or turtle for Barbs, and monkey or wolf for Venos?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    gjinja wrote: »
    Here's something, always having to click the chat box EVERY time (even after you just typed in it) in order to NOT pull up 4-5 character/item/stat/info windows would be a huge plus I'm thinking... it's annoying at best when you're trying to communicate & coordinate with your squad to have to click the box before you type again in the middle of it all.

just a thought...

Ummm...you can press enter to chat...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • gjinja
    edited November 2009
    Options
    thanks, never found anywhere that said that... appreciate it b:victory
  • durrog
    durrog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    how about letting us ally with other factions!!!! you know like in jade dynasty!!!!
  • Lastday - Heavens Tear
    Lastday - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ability to change the text colors, pretty please.
    Last time I played (a long time ago) you couldn't change them and I doubt you can now, either?

I can't tell apart the light blue and the white, which is very confusing...
  • Gothlord - Dreamweaver
    Gothlord - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    make the friends list into more of a contact list such as in email to prevent confusion on who a particular person may be or where you ran into them

True form of a panda, should not be a white tiger
    Join Galowglas--Mercenaries of death
    lvl 1 guild.....the fun is killing
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    For charging zen, make it possible to charge with 5 dollar. Instead of making 10 dollar the lowest option b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Roranoa_zoro - Heavens Tear
    Roranoa_zoro - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you should make quests which are specific for a certain type of race i.e. quests which only humans can get, quests which only barbarians can get, etc.
  • CrimsomNoir - Sanctuary
    CrimsomNoir - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Underwater activities
    while playing I have noticed that whne you are underwater and attack something it lloks the same as on land, there should be a diffrent animation for spells and attacks that are performed underwater, it would go along with the upcomming version, the animations should look like your swiming while you do the attacks, sort of a unsure attack, it would still do full damage

I have also noticed that the magiority of the venomances attacks look the same, It seems to me that on venos more work was put into the animal side of the traits

Also it would be nice to have some more adavance charachter editing on the avatars body, like spliting the legs and arms

Legs
    Calfs
    Thighs
    Hips

This would allow avatars to be given butts

Arms
    For Arm
    Upper Arm

I stoped playing PW aout a month ago becuase of the gold prices, becuase it have been so long since I played, I dont remeber weather or not the feet and hands can be edited

also I would be cool if we could layer hair and make it muti colored
    maby a ability to tatoo & and give your avatar piercings could be added
    btw do adavanced makeover scrolls even exsist
    I have a few other ideas, ill post them later
    Please don't do anything crazy, leave that to the
    experts, its the smartest choice you'll every make,
    trust me, you do trust me don't you, you do realise
    that trusting me is not a wise choice if you wish to
    keep your mental health in the sanity department.
  • darksithlord
    darksithlord Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hello PWI,
    I'm not satisfied with the body of one of my characters. When i wanted to change with makeoverscroll, I noticed that the body button WAIST doesnt really changes the waist, and I miss a button for the hip. I dont get waist and hip a little more realistic.
    Would be great if you can add a button for hip.

ty
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Blocking the word "****"...I mean, r etard is blocked...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Blocking the word "****"...I mean, r etard is blocked...

The word grasshopper is also blocked.
  • doruku
    doruku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hi There,
    I got one suggestion, and I would really like to know what others think about this....

There is one thing all MMO's of today have in common: All bosses die a very boring death.
    ( they just drop dead ) no special effects, no sound effects, nothing how boring ( I miss the old arcade style boss deaths ). they really gave you the feeling you just killed a major game boss.
    not to mention the satisfaction you feel after all that hard work and revenge feeling for all the times you might have died trying to kill that boss.

My idea's for boss deaths are the following:

Bosses should have a specific dying style if not unique per boss at least per elemental class, for example:

- fire elemental: should cool down and become solid than start cracking up and than blow up from temperature difference pieces of shrapnel damage players all around his last dying way of taking you with him.

- ice elemental: should freeze than shatter to pieces of shrapnel damage players all around last dying way of taking you with him.

- earth elemental: should break to pieces and cause earthquakes in the boss room making it his last dying way to take you with him.

- water elemental: should implode than explode from pressure and density difference and a wall of water tsunami style would rush out and drive players towards the walls of the room or dungeon where spikes and other stuff might impale you.

- metal elemental: I leave this one to your imagination can't find a good one a.t.m

- Non elemental: should go besserk running around harming himself and others while disintegrating.

wood elemental: turn to trees with vines start snaring players and slamming them to the ground than dry up wither and die or become dust.
    I do not know, is the beginnings of knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
    Not your truth, I need the truth, keep your truth and help me find the truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CBT Phase 1 Player.
  • charliekinz
    charliekinz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i think that barbarians should be aloud to change the color of their fur, just like all the other classes can change the color of their skin/hair or both. Also for the cleric and archers i believe they should be able to change the colors of the wings on their head. Personaly, i have to say, having a bunch of pink and blue wolves or tigers walking around would be awesome!! Another thing is that if the barbarian race was able to do more things with their characters, i think you would get more people who would want to be that race (: just sayin!

thnx!! b:victory

-Marolia-
  • Muchia - Harshlands
    Muchia - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would love to see a individual sound slider for footsteps. I can't stand that annoying repetitive sound, but I love the other ambiance in the game. Currently I have to turn off the ambiance in order to get rid of the footsteps.

A keyboard shortcut to target squad members would make healing a butt tonne easier.
    Tab targeting - would be a godsend.
    Key binding manipulation - would really help out disabled gamers like myself.
    If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking.
  • lordship
    lordship Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't know if there is any but i would like to see one headed dragons, all ive been seeing is two headed dragons and they don't look that cool compared to other mounts so maybe improve in there look a bit too.

also i think that all items in the Zen shop thing (cant spell the word "banquet"?)should be able to be gained in the game perhaps in the higher levels, unless thats already done (dont know really cos i get bored after level 15 cos its slower to level up).

Thank youb:pleased
  • ArchessNey - Heavens Tear
    ArchessNey - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Here are some suggestions (even if some may have been already written), from my whole faction and I :

- bank system for factions

- novel and various new quests, changing from killing mobs everytime

- two kind of quests : ones for making EXP/Spirit, others to make money

- more exceptional events, and not only for feasts and all special days

- a control of prices and game economy

- key control with mouse control, and the possibility to re-allocate keys ; people can choose if they wanna play with mouse or keybord or the two in the same time.

- a way to help people to come together faster in front of FB (kind of TP or something...)

- sharing quests while in squad

- a system of factions' house or castle (with a bank inside)

- supervision reinforced from GM ingame ; game also means "rules"... people often tend to forget it

- more servers to be created...

- put the level to create a faction higher, it will be better for everyone

- little rubbish things ingame to make people have fun together (real fun, for once).

• Kawikkon - Sanctuary
    Kawikkon - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    WHEN THE HP OF A VENOS PET GETS LOW AND IT SAYS(pets hp is low)or some thing like that PLZ MAKE IT ANOTHER COOLER PLZ AND
    more pet skill that can buy plz=)
    I DO NOT C PREPAID CADS IN THE STATE OF HAWAII IN 7-11 STORES!!!
This discussion has been closed.