Newbie's Guide to Archer-ism!

Options

Comments

• Relakss - Harshlands
    Relakss - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nice guide i just read itb:victory about viscious arrow or serrated arrow it can be usefull when tanking a boss then you wont lose aggro and nobody will die XD b:chuckle
  • DNT_PK_ME - Lost City
    DNT_PK_ME - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    rghsfdgsgsf fg fg
  • DNT_PK_ME - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    guf hrtuyhrhyrtyrtyretyt
  • DNT_PK_ME - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    awwww now ima have to start ova XD.

i followed annors archer guide but my skill were a bit messed up.b:sad

but thats for the help ^^
  • tokemasta420
    tokemasta420 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm a newb at the entire game.. I have 3 80's on wow, and 2 ********* acounts wit more then 1 99 stat.. but i figured i wanted to try a new game, this was it.. I started a archer, got to lvl 22 and figured i would check out the forums to see how well i was doing in point distrabution.. I was way off. thanx 2 u, i can just start a new character before i get to far.. thank you so much, your guid was extreamly helpfull. I can also see why everyone argues the hole vitality thing.. i guess it would just depend on how you want your build, but for me... i think im going full dex.. thanx agin...
  • Pickles - Dreamweaver
    Pickles - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    great guide! thank you!
  • Thenub - Harshlands
    Thenub - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And frost arrow is very useful. Afaik, most archers use it as their starting skill when grinding, as it only consumes 84 MP, and decreases the target's mov speed. The stun arrow isn't great mp-wise.

I don't think i would open with frost arrow, i'd open with take aim because it has a long cast time and u definately DO NOT want to be casting this spell in the middle of a fight so i use the fact that the enemy is not attacking me when i use this long cast time spell then i'd use viciouse arrow to get some over time damage to add to my dps (sorry if im using wow terms) then i'd use knock back to get them away from me then frost so that they get into my 50% damage zone slower then i basically hit it with everything i've got till it dies. and another thing i reckon getting up magick IS worth it because i run out of mp in fights and i have to use an mp potion about every fight and im trying to save up for some better gear and buying potions all the time drains my cash also i wouldn't wanna run out of mp b:surrender in a boss fight if im low on potions plus it lets you recover you mp faster and 20mp with natural elven wings means infinite flight (not in combat) and i have no idea where to buy spirit charms so i have to waste money on potions. gee i think i wrote to much oh well b:shutupb:shutupb:shutup
  • Thenub - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nice guide i just read itb:victory about viscious arrow or serrated arrow it can be usefull when tanking a boss then you wont lose aggro and nobody will die XD b:chuckle

ARCHER!....TANKING! wtf!!!!!b:shocked
    omg ur in my realm b:pleased
  • Thenub - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's just Lightning Strike. You have a 4x archer, correct? You should have that skill.

if 4 omg how u do the time symbol omfg any 4times means lvl 4 right? well lightning strike is learned at lvl 13b:pleased outsmarted b:pleasedb:pleased
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    First of all, there was no need to post 3 times in a row. We have an edit button and you could have easily put that all in one post.
    *snip*
    And the first part of this post is the reason for the second part. Both of which, I shall add, are a total waste. You want to open with take aim at lower levels, which is fine and all, but later on you save time and MP by just opening with frost. Don't forget that by using frost AFTER knocking the monster back, it's probably already halfway to you because you were wasting time channeling while it ran towards you. On the other hand, if you had opened with frost, you would have managed to get the full benefit from the slow and saved yourself a good deal of MP. The fact that you waste so much MP spamming skills isn't a good reason to add mag as it winds up causing you to lose out on damage later on because of the points you take out of dex. If you use 500 MP per battle, a higher amount of mag won't change the fact that you'll still use that much MP. Having more dex, on the other hand, would mean that you'd kill the monster faster and probably spend less MP trying to kill it after it got close.

Oh and as for the infinite flight thing, level 30 wings or cash shop wings solve that problem without the need to waste points in mag. You could also invest in gear that has +MP recovery bonuses or just ask a cleric to give you level 2 (or higher) celestial guardian seal.
    *trim*
    Yes. Good archers make very capable tanks for various situations. They may not be the main tank class of the game, but they can do it if they have to.
    *slice*
    Yeah... no. On here, that means the character is in the 40s (as in between 40 and 49). It gives those who know what they're talking about an easy idea of the character's general ability without having to know an exact level.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if 4 omg how u do the time symbol omfg

If by "time symbol" you mean the multiplication symbol, it is located between the z and c key on the standard QWERTY keyboard.
    any 4times means lvl 4 right? well lightning strike is learned at lvl 13b:pleased outsmarted b:pleasedb:pleased

"4x" means somewhere in the 40s.
  • Hulban - Heavens Tear
    Hulban - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    tyvm for the awesome guide
  • silverpierre94
    silverpierre94 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • Atreana - Lost City
    Atreana - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    After 87 levels, I'm going to say thanks for a great guide!

2 more levels and demon culti, HERE I COME! b:chuckle
  • rashira34
    rashira34 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the great guide, coming over from Runes, where builds are pretty important, I thought it'd be a good idea to look up some info first.

This is really helpful to those people who actually take the time to search the threads, or even just look at the stickied topics.
  • illieron
    illieron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    hey!
    i'm not sure if this has been asked here before, but how do you complete the cultivation quest and how much spirit do you need? i went to the taoist in plume city and he said i needed more spirit or something like thatb:shocked. pls help
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sp? sp is only for learning skill, I think it's rep. Not sure, never being ask by the NPC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Pointshooter - Sanctuary
    Pointshooter - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i agree with Vindictus on what he said
  • PinkArrow - Heavens Tear
    PinkArrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Very useful topic, thanks
  • Treallis - Heavens Tear
    Treallis - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    People like you make this game so much easier, thank you so much b:victory
  • Vma_Archer - Harshlands
    Vma_Archer - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nice guide, b:victory
  • XxEsenxX - Archosaur
    XxEsenxX - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Um i think i may actually have a bug. I have a lvl 13 archer and i just got her the lvl 13 bow. I bought her the lvl 13 ammunition too but it wouldn't let me equip it. I tried all the ammunitions too but they didn't work either. So plz if anyone knows whats wrong plz help!! b:thanks
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Your ammo is too high of a grade.

The level on ammo has nothing to do with character level or when you can equip your weapon. It's for weapon grade. Notice how right below the weapon type, it says Level 3? That means the weapon is considered Grade 3 and ammo/shards that are above that grade can't be used with it.

To put things into perspective, you wouldn't be able to use grade 13 ammo until level 90 at the earliest (excluding somehow getting a warsoul weapon before then).
  • XxEsenxX - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok i guess that makes sense but i tried ALL the ammos and they didn't work... but i guess i'll go try it again I:
  • XxEsenxX - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh nvm i get it! Lol sry i didn't understand it before :I but i do now!! I guess the ammo goes with the lvl you see first? Like the one at the top? Well yea.....i was using WAY to high ammos and so it wouldn't let me equip them ol well thx now i can finally use my bows!!^__^
  • sh4d0wtr1x
    sh4d0wtr1x Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hmm, after reading this thread it seems as if i've put too much into my magic, as it is 32 for a level 17. is there anyway of resetting my stats?
  • daniel4499
    daniel4499 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Extreamly helpful. It opened my eyes. I would like to see more combo ideas and skill ideas. b:victory
    Hopefully you can post more. Thank you for what you have already done and might continue to do in the future.
  • misterdeadserious
    misterdeadserious Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hello

I started a Archer, and i realy like it. But i got a few Basic Questions about Archer :

1) Is this more PvE or a PvP Build? Or does it just depends on the Equipment?
    2) I saw a Internetvideo where a Archer shoots in the Air, and 1000ths Arrows raining down on the Enemy, is this Skill mentiont here/usefull?
    3) Whats my Gameplay Style? Fast 1vs1 Kills or AoE?
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hello

I started a Archer, and i realy like it. But i got a few Basic Questions about Archer :

1) Is this more PvE or a PvP Build? Or does it just depends on the Equipment?
    -It really depends on equipment AND your gamestyle. PvP your wanting to have as minimum intervalsd between your hits as possible. any gear with interval reduction is expensive and hard to get usually.PVE? Well its entirely up to you.

2) I saw a Internetvideo where a Archer shoots in the Air, and 1000ths Arrows raining down on the Enemy, is this Skill mentioned here/usefull?
    -What you saw is the skill Barrage Of Arrows - or BOA for short. This is the archers ultimate AOE skill, and can hit many monsters in a radious with massive damage. You can get it at level 59

3) Whats my Gameplay Style? Fast 1vs1 Kills or AoE?
    -It's a mix. All classes get a range of skills, some AOE, some 1v1.
    As an archer you will want to kill the mob before it comes to you, so over a few levels you can get skills that can slow the enemy down, knock it back, or hold it for a few seconds.

Welcome to the game. I have answered your questiones as best that I could in the quote above. Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • misterdeadserious
    misterdeadserious Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the Response!

So, basicly my Gameplaystyle depends on what i want? If im in the mood for 1vs1 Killing, i spam Slowdowns and Auto Attacks, and if im in the mood for AoE, i lure some Mobs together and use BOA? Or BOA on a single Mob, since i realy like the Skillanimation of that Skill.